Ant has an Antbox

Posted by Ant

For real this time. So far I only have Halo 3, but I'll get CoD4 soon. Oh, and I got puzzle fighter, so I can play that with X.

Zyzex Remix. Add.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

YES

PUZZLE FIGHTER

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

i added you

0G lol

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Who's Jezra Forte?

Posted by Ant

a friend of mine. he's coo

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

**** YES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jezra is Darksong I thought.

But yeah dude get CoD right away.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

dude what was up with our game tonight

i checked my nat and everything

Posted by Crazy K

I added you as well.

Posted by Shade

you sound different than I thought you would

Quoted post: dude what was up with our game tonight

He doesn't know how to configure his ****. Walked him through a couple steps but it's up to him to do it.

NEEDLESS TO SAY his NAT was set to moderate. Big fat xbox no-no

Posted by Arcadios

http://www.vgchat.com/gxboxlive.php?do=getall&page=3

lol

Posted by Ant

Quoting Shade: you sound different than I thought you would

what were you expecting?

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: He doesn't know how to configure his ****. Walked him through a couple steps but it's up to him to do it.

NEEDLESS TO SAY his NAT was set to moderate. Big fat xbox no-no

I'll fix that tomorrow. I can't even get onto the router and change the setting since everyone else is online now.

What does that have to do with anything? It'll knock the internet down for 15 seconds tops while it reboots itself and chances are no one will even notice.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Ant: what were you expecting?

idk you sound exactly like my friend Zack so when your voice came over I was kinda confused for a second. =/

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: What does that have to do with anything? It'll knock the internet down for 15 seconds tops while it reboots itself and chances are no one will even notice.

well, I tried again and it's basically being a faggot. try again later etc.

Quoting Shade: idk you sound exactly like my friend Zack so when your voice came over I was kinda confused for a second. =/

your friend zack must be a great guy

Wait, I've heard what Ant sounds like. He made a sound file with the judge awhile ago.

Posted by Ant

PRETTY GAY

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I lol'd at your prolonged ****.

If your NAT was set to moderate, wouldn't you still be able to connect to me? I'm an open.

Posted by Ant

I read a long *** thread on another forum and it's basically a person to person thing at that point. it's still better if it's person to person. ugh, hard to understand all the stuff too. just gotta do it step by step.

Quoted post: If your NAT was set to moderate, wouldn't you still be able to connect to me? I'm an open.

Not necessarily. Your NAT only ensures you get into games, not someone who has a moderate-strict nat.

Posted by Kit

When I connect to XBL normally, my NAT is open.

If I connect while my brother's already online, it becomes Moderate and I can't use matchmaking or talk to people outside private chat. :(

Posted by Shade

Quoting Ant: your friend zack must be a great guy

Not really. He's kind of a dick and has been convicted of statutory rape three times. GOOD VOICE, THOUGH

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

whoa

he's pretty cool

Quoted post: If I connect while my brother's already online, it becomes Moderate and I can't use matchmaking or talk to people outside private chat.

That should only happen if you're using your computer as a router as far as I know. Otherwise, as long as you forwarded ports on your router it should never restrict Xbox.

Posted by cool gamer dad

hey Ant, hope you don't work late nights EVERY day. that's when I play usually. :(

Posted by Kit

Quoted post: That should only happen if you're using your computer as a router as far as I know. Otherwise, as long as you forwarded ports on your router it should never restrict Xbox.

Nah, it works fine if any/all of the computers are on, and it works if my brother's on his PS3. It's just my box and his elite for some reason.

oooooooooooh. Online as in online on xbox. I thought you meant on the computer.

Posted by cool gamer dad

yeah, my dad and I have the same problem. It's a Strict NAT to Strict NAT thing. If you have anything over Open it'll be almost impossible to connect to someone who's also over Open. Though if you have anything over Open and you're connecting to someone who's Open, you shouldn't have much of a problem. You'll just not be able to hear other people who have ****ty NAT at the worst. Which is why I can't hear a lot of people.

That's how I've dealt with it for years. I always have to have Flounder Juan connect directly to his modem because of it. :[

Posted by Ant

ehhhhh, pretty gay.

and I work late nights like, 4 nights a week. though I saw you on this morning ;-*

what are your hours exactly?

Posted by Ant

11pm-7am

it's really fukken easy. 2-3 hours works top. otherwise I sit on my *** in the back online, read the newspaper, do the sudoku puzzle. very nice.

*******it, that's the prime multiplayer hours.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

LET'S PLAY LATER GUYS

A game of halo sounds real good

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, probably dick around in some custom game or a silly playlist, I think Ant's still in Basic Training.

Posted by Kit

I'm up for it as long as I'm awake. :)

Posted by Ant

Quoting The X: Yeah, probably dick around in some custom game or a silly playlist, I think Ant's still in Basic Training.

yeah how long does that bull**** last?

It took cats and I a day maybe. 500 wins in a month WOOOOOOOO

Though it took X, like, five months. So it varies if you suck.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Basic Training's pretty quick. I remember getting through it in one sitting with Will.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

IT TOOK ME FIVE MONTHS TO BECOME A SERGEANT

FUUUUUUUUCK YOU

Oh yeah. Well, whatever 75 wins was it took you ****ing forever to get it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I only like playing custom games and playing with the replay mode. The first week of Halo 3 was a total blast, though.

Posted by Ant

I enjoy the standard multiplayer options. CALL ME CRAZY!

Posted by cool gamer dad

you won't after 5-6 months if you get significantly better.

6 months? 1 month is more like it. MLG needs to expand their playlist.

Posted by Ant

lol got cod4 now. Soon enough I'll have a game that isn't shootan!

Posted by Kit

dont be silly

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You will never play Halo 3 again now that you have COD4.

Posted by Ant

naw, I like both.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=The X;864542]You will never play Halo 3 again now that you have COD4.

I believe there is a lot of truth to this :cool:

Posted by Ant

now I'm gonna just out of spite.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

good luck!

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: 6 months? 1 month is more like it. MLG needs to expand their playlist.

took me four or so. and that was halo 2.

Halo 3 though...

Quoted post: lol got cod4 now. Soon enough I'll have a game that isn't shootan!

Ninja Gaiden

Posted by Ant

what other non-shootan games are good?

I'll just borrow DMC4 from a friend. and was planning on getting ninja gaiden 2, does it matter if I haven't played the first one?

Posted by Kit

Burnout: Paradise is good

Quoted post: I'll just borrow DMC4 from a friend. and was planning on getting ninja gaiden 2, does it matter if I haven't played the first one?

Completely unrelated in terms of storyline. Gameplay is pretty different too. A lot faster, so it might be best you didn't play the first. Just get ready to rage.

Also, Mass Effect. Never really have to use gunz if you don't want to.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Rage? Over DMC4? Why?

Non shootans:
Ninja Gaiden 2
Burnout Paradise
Skate
Crackdown
Virtua Fighter 5
Oblivion
Dead Rising

Quoted post: Rage? Over DMC4? Why?

NG2.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

They're both really good games. NG is better, though.

Ninja Gaiden 2
- enemies actually fight back, unlike the punchbags in DMC
- 100% combat, no puzzles or action breaking stuff
- insane awesome gore everywhere jesus christ
- tons of weapons, combos, whatnot

Devil May Cry 4
- superior scoring system
- fewer bosses (always a good thing in these games)
- cutscenes are pretty enjoyable
- level select and persistent character

I have, admittedly played the **** out of DMC4. Unfortunately I hit a brick wall in the second DMD Dante fight.

Quoted post: - fewer bosses (always a good thing in these games)

Same number, really, or close to. Though both games recycle bosses... and the DMC4 bosses felt a lot more epic. Oh, and no back-to-back/-to-back bosses battles. Thank ***.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[LEFT]Uhhh... Both NG2 and DMC4 have boss rushes as their penultimate level, dude.

Devil May Cry 4 definitely has fewer bosses, though. Some of its levels have none at all, whereas Ninja Gaiden has a few levels with double boss features (Airship, South America, Russia).
[/LEFT]

Quoted post: Uhhh... Both NG2 and DMC4 have boss rushes as their penultimate level, dude.

Huh... I don't even remember that in DMC.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It was the board game, with a boss on each floor. SoS and DMD have boss fights on the regular tiles too. ****ing irritating.

Ooooh. For some reason I remember avoiding pretty much everything, or killing the bosses really quickly. One or the other. It at least didn't feel like NG2 anyways, not half as difficult.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Even on the hardest level on the hardest difficulty in DMC4, you can cheese through by grinding for healing items and Holy Water beforehand. Easy.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Halo 3 though...

harder to get good at, and has better default settings. so i imagine it'd take a bit longer to appreciate MLG settings.

MLG is so limited though =(

Posted by cool gamer dad

the playlist is, definitely.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

So why don't you have Vegas 2?