Signature image limit.

Posted by Raptor

After looking at Bj Blaskowitz's current signature, it came to my attention that perhaps a rule should be added that calls for a signature image limit. His image is something like 600 x 900 pixels, which is offensively huge for a signature. I figure a maximum dimensions limit of 600 x 500 would be adequate. How do others feel about this?

Posted by Darth Vader

I feal verry good about it. I 2nd teh motion!

Posted by Iris

It'd be better if people didn't have to go through the process of resizing it in a paint program. Jesse should install a hack the automatically resizes signatures to a fair limit, like the one Raptor gave. I do agree that we need a limit.

Posted by N-FANatic

Please, put in a limit. Excessively large signatures are way to sloppy.

Of course, what is to big is complately relative...But a line should definetaly be drawn.

Posted by Arczu

While there should be a limit, it should be fair. Maybe something atound the lines of... 600x250 max?

...just an example, but it shouldn't be lateille small.

Posted by Iris

250 would be much too small for most signatures.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

The size that Raptor proposed is fine with me.

Posted by Klarth

no limit. if a smod sees fit he or she should delete it.

Posted by loony636

Quoting Majesty: if a smod

I suppose you were trying to say mod, and that was just a typo. But either way, I wan't to become a smod!

Posted by Iris

smod = Super-mod.

SPELLINGNAZIFAIL

Posted by Lethal Shadow

Smod is a super-mod. You need to stop using those shrooms and pay attention :)

EDIT: Iris beat me to it

Posted by Hyper

I agree that there needs to be a limit on how long and how big your signature is, but common sense should tell the user when theirs is too big. For example, if you're going to have more than one image in your sig stacked vertically, make sure they aren't too tall as they add up quickly. I don't really want to set a definite height by width limit, but I suppose anywhere around 350 pixels high would be reasonable. Width-wise, just make sure it doesn't stretch the page for those users on smaller resolutions.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Am I okay, Hyper?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Am I okay, Hyper?

Your sig is around 670 pixels high, so that's a no.