WIIMOTIONPLUS 1:1 MOTION CONTROL ATTACHMENT

Posted by Drewboy64

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/eMMuRj_N6vntHPDycCJAKWhEO9zBvyPH

[QUOTE]Nintendo's upcoming Wii MotionPlus accessory for the revolutionary Wii Remote controller again redefines game control, by more quickly and accurately reflecting motions in a 3-D space. The Wii MotionPlus accessory attaches to the end of the Wii Remote and, combined with the accelerometer and the sensor bar, allows for more comprehensive tracking of a player

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

How much will I have to pay this time? **** Nintendo and their 2 year periods of hardware revision.

Posted by Drewboy64

BUT ITS 1:1!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You're playing a swordfighting game. Your sword clashes with another sword. Does this peripheral have a way of emulating an opposing force in physical space? It's not 1:1 until it can do that.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Well, I guess it's best they got the news out there. It's only a matter of time before MS announces waggle and that will likely be 1:1, Sony will probably do the same. But, idk, this is kinda what Nintendo promised the Wiimote would do out of the box. So it better not be expensive...

Posted by maian

My guess is that Nintendo's unveiling some epic game that's going to go along with this.

Like Zelda.

Or not.

:(

Posted by Big Boss

A colleague of mine said it best:

[quote]Nintendo has now released a device which they claim will make the wiimote work like they originally claimed it would.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=maian;863781]
Like Zelda.

More like Wii Sports 2.

Quoted post: Nintendo has now released a device which they claim will make the wiimote work like they originally claimed it would.

Why they just didn't do that from the beginning...

I honestly think we'd see less waggling and ****ty games if there was better 1:1. Red Steel utterly failed because of the lack of it (among other things) and that certainly didn't tempt other developers to trying something similar.

Shame that it's a block of plastic on the end of the old wiimotes. But it still looks all right.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm sure that that will keep it cheaper than having to buy a whole new controller scheme. I'm in favor ot this small peice of plastic if it keeps the price down.

Obviously. But that's far beside the point. Should've been included from the get-go like they promised. I mean, that was a main selling-point all the way up until release. It's not something they swept under the rug a year before launch.

Posted by maian

Perhaps they didn't have the technology. :cookie:

Anyway, I actually won't be surprised if it is free, to an extent. It's pretty obvious they're going to show games at E3 that use this technology exclusively. I really don't think it'd make sense to sell said games, and still sell the addon seperately. It's like in the N64 era when the expansion pack came out. The first game that required it, Donkey Kong 64, came bundled with it.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I thought the Wiimote was more or less already capable of this. Just look at the way that the baseball bat in Wii Sports Baseball moves. I just thought developers didn't have the balls to incorporate that in an action game because "ONOZ! Peoples get tired waving theyz armz!"

As for the issue of your sword meeting an opponent's sword in a game and stopping while your Wiimote meets no resistance, the game could reward you for stopping your motion in time with the clash. Honestly, it's not much different from "You move your analog stick to the right, but because your character is up against a wall, he does not move." That's just the way the game is played.

Quoted post: Perhaps they didn't have the technology.

Yet, again, that was a main selling-point, wasn't it? Sounds pretty silly to promise technology they didn't even have ready, doesn't it?

Posted by Ant

about time those ****ing faggots came out with something they ****ing promised right away right guys? **** nintendo

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Prince Shondronai;863838]As for the issue of your sword meeting an opponent's sword in a game and stopping while your Wiimote meets no resistance, the game could reward you for stopping your motion in time with the clash. Honestly, it's not much different from "You move your analog stick to the right, but because your character is up against a wall, he does not move." That's just the way the game is played.That won't always work. It's difficult to stop your arm from swinging downwards suddenly, as if you've struck something. I'm not saying they need true 1:1, I'm just calling out DrewBoy for claiming that's what this is.

Posted by Arcadios

tl;dr plz

wiimote doodad that does as close to 1:1 as possible

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Ant;863866]about time those ****ing faggots came out with something they ****ing promised right away right guys? **** nintendo

Here here! **** Nintendo. I hate those guys, dancing in their fancy pants. I bet they read an old article about their own machine and thought "wow, we should do that!".

HAHA SARCASM BECAUSE IT'S TRUE

Posted by Arcadios

in b4 kiddy games

Quoting The X: That won't always work. It's difficult to stop your arm from swinging downwards suddenly, as if you've struck something. I'm not saying they need true 1:1, I'm just calling out DrewBoy for claiming that's what this is.

It's difficult to complete MegaMan X3. Or was that 2? I forget. Anyway, my point is that it's just one more gameplay mechanic. You'll either be good at it, or you suck.

Posted by Speedfreak

Microsoft and Sony: There might be a peripheral that's like a Wii remote NINTENDO'S FINISHED

Nintendo: There's a new peripheral that makes the Wii Remote better NINTENDO'S FINISHED.

I honestly never get tired of the same crap over and over at every E3.

How the hell are they gonna market this without giving it away with games? It looks like another N64 expansion pak fiasco.

EDIT: haha, just noticed the new remote jackets. THE MADNESS DOESN'T STOP HERE FOLKS, YOU NEED TO BUY A NEW RUBBER JACKET TOO.

Posted by Big Boss

The attach rate on that thing will be hilarious. The PS3 and 360 sort of fragmented the market with different-sized hard drives, but the Wii is doing it with a key hardware feature that won't even be included on the system! (As far as I know, since Nintendo would probably like to keep the Wii price as is).

Now we have to decide on questions like, "If we want our swordplay mechanics to not be ****, are there enough people out there who even have the Plus?"

Wonderful. I hope they have a good plan to let consumers know the device is as necessary, if not more, as the nunchuck.

I'll bet they will give it away with a game. They'll probably show off at least one 1st-party game that uses the peripheral tomorrow, and package the thing with that game. Even if they did sell it seperately, it's still better than Microsoft and sony's problem of selling a new $30-$40 controller for their motion controls.

Posted by Speedfreak

Nintendo are typically better at marketing this shit than anyone else, the expansion pak wasn't actually that bad, but wow, what a fuckup.

Posted by maian

idk, I really don't think cost will be an issue. I honestly believe that the games created around this will require it, and it'll be something like "Motion Plus not plugged in can't play game lol" like many games that require a nunchuck.

I don't know much about programming, but I think that makes more sense than having a dumbed down version without the Plus. My prediction? They'll include it with the big game they're showing for it, and obviously have it for sale. I see it pretty likely that future Wiimotes will be distributed with this built in.

And I can't imagine them charging for new Wiimote jackets since, y'know, they gave them out to everyone who owned a Wii already for free.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah I'll give you that, but when you're older and you've been hurt by Nitnendo enough times you'll keep a crosshair planted firmly on their forehead and will abandon rest of any kind, waiting for that one momement where they fuck up and you can finally squeeze the trigger. [spoiler]Did I mention I like sniping in TF2?[/spoiler]

Yeah.... it's going to be prepackaged. They have no other choice and Nintendo's good with that stuff. I mean, every other peripheral has come with a game, why not this one?

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah but it's still worrying, no other peripheral has really hit mainstream that I can remember. Sure the first wave of games will come with one, but everything after that? Though having said that, this'll probably be a heck of a lot cooler than a 4 megabyte memory expansion.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;864089] 4 megabyte memory expansion.Mebibytes. Pretty big, considering it literally doubled the N64's RAM. You can definitely see the benefits when you stack Majora's Mask (which was expansion pack required) against Ocarina of Time.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, the average consumer doesn't know the amount of RAM in their system, that's geeky techy crap. "Better motion control" is easier to understand the benefits of and therefore sell than "4MB more RAM".

Posted by WillisGreeny

My expansion pack came with Donkey Kong 64, though I noticed most of the difference with Castelvania: Legacy of Darkness. Textures looked a lot better.

Anyways, I have high hopes for the magic 1:1 device.

Quoted post: Yeah but it's still worrying, no other peripheral has really hit mainstream that I can remember. Sure the first wave of games will come with one, but everything after that? Though having said that, this'll probably be a heck of a lot cooler than a 4 megabyte memory expansion.

Well, once Konami releases their game and utterly fails to capture an audience I think you'll see a bigger turn around. You can't release a 90+ dollar music game when Guitar Hero and Rock Band are competing so hard. So if a developer wants to get in on the action their best bet would be to develop alongside the Rock Band peripherals. People will buy a 60 dollar game, but they won't buy another drum kit on top of their Rock Band and Guitar Hero drums.

Posted by Speedfreak

Well that's that ****ed. Way to sell this to enthusiasts by packaging it with a game no one gives a shit about, Nintendo.

Wii play has sold 11 million copies. Wii sports 2 will likely sell just as well if not better. People care.

Posted by Ant

wii sports 2. wow...WOW, what an amazing way to start off with the 1:1 feature. I'm being serious, lots of idiots are going to buy this game if only for the title. ****ING LOVE ME SPORTS RELATED MINI-GAMES!

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;864292]Wii play has sold 11 million copies. Wii sports 2 will likely sell just as well if not better. People care.

Yeah? Are you gonna buy it? No? Then shut the fuck up, smartass, you know who I'm talking about.

Uh, I am buying it.

But like Nintendo really gives a **** about us anyways. They've made that very clear many many times, so you can not buy it all you want... it's still going to sell far better than just about every other game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'll probably buy Wii Sports 2 if it's a regular priced game that has the peripheral packaged with it. Seriously.

Speedfreak, are you really sure you want to get into the gaming industry? You're probably the most jaded ****er ever when it comes to games.

Seriously. WAAAAH TOO MANY SEQUELS I HATE GAMES BLAH BLAH BLAH

Posted by Speedfreak

You don't think the desire to work in it is born out of wanting to improve on it? Besides, I want a job where I can constantly learn and improve on my work and be able to give my own unique input and not be in a job that anyone could do.

It's not that I have a problem with sequels, it's just that you don't have a problem with spending money on the same thing. I'm not all that jaded, really, there's a good amount of games I want but can't afford. I just don't s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it my pants over every "AAA title" from "big name developer". Once you see through the hype you can see that most of these games aren't anything particularly special. I'm just hyper cynical because the industry pumps out way more bland stuff than something I'd actually like to play.

Seriously though, why the hell would you buy this stupid minigame collection? You used to b[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]tch about them constantly.

Because my family likes Wii Sports maybe? durr hurr

Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the same thing if it's good. I mean, ****, I go to the same restaurant every other week because the food is good. If RE5 is just RE4 in Africa so be it. RE4 was ****ing awesome. If FFXIII is just FFXII on a next-gen system that's fine by me. FFXII was a superb RPG.

I mean, ****, every game is essentially the same game. All driving games are the same. All sports games are the same. All shooters are the same. All platformers are the same. All fighters are the same, etc etc. But each has it's own difference that makes it great, just like RE5 has its own and just like Gears 2 has its own.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Because the first Wii Sports was actually pretty fun? Sure, it's a minigame collection, but at least they're good minigames. Unlike every other ****pile on the Wii.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;864343]Because my family likes Wii Sports maybe? durr hurr

Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the same thing if it's good. I mean, ****, I go to the same restaurant every other week because the food is good. If RE5 is just RE4 in Africa so be it. RE4 was ****ing awesome. If FFXIII is just FFXII on a next-gen system that's fine by me. FFXII was a superb RPG.

I mean, ****, every game is essentially the same game. All driving games are the same. All sports games are the same. All shooters are the same. All platformers are the same. All fighters are the same, etc etc. But each has it's own difference that makes it great, just like RE5 has its own and just like Gears 2 has its own.

Bad analogy, once you buy a game you have an infinite supply of that game, unlike the single meal you get with a restaurant.

I can understand when a sequel actually does something different or new or better. But Christ, did you watch the RE5 trailer? Everything was the same, it's like they literally took RE4 and slapped new models and textures over the same animations, mechanics and sound effects. There's nothing that makes survival new or more challenging or adds another dimension to it, aside from gun tweaks and the odd new weapon there won't be much different to the combat and as far as I can tell the AI is identical. There actually seems to be more of a difference between RE1 and the remake. Why the hell would I buy it when I have a version of it which is exactly the same with better controls?

Wii Sports was alright for a game that was free with the system, but Jesus, you'd buy another one? More money than sense, I say.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Here's another twist on it, then:

Do you get tired of sex because you're always sticking your dick in a vagina? I MEAN JEEZ WITH EVERY GIRL ITS JUST THE SAME HUMAN ANATOMY WITH A DIFFERENT FACE SLAPPED ON

Quoted post: Bad analogy, once you buy a game you have an infinite supply of that game

The game lasts ten hours. Then what? A game is just an extended meal.

Quoted post:
There's nothing that makes survival new or more challenging or adds another dimension to it,

Have you watched anything besides the trailer? Yeah, you won't mistake it for another game, but ****, just the addition of an AI partner following you around kinda changes it up quite a bit. And we saw all of, what, 1 level? RE4 completely changed from level to level.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;864356]Here's another twist on it, then:

Do you get tired of sex because you're always sticking your dick in a vagina? I MEAN JEEZ WITH EVERY GIRL ITS JUST THE SAME HUMAN ANATOMY WITH A DIFFERENT FACE SLAPPED ON

The natural human instinct to keep having sex sorta takes care of that, Mr Psychology. If every time you have sex it's exactly the same I pity your girlfriend, though!

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;864357]The game lasts ten hours. Then what? A game is just an extended meal.

Have you watched anything besides the trailer? Yeah, you won't mistake it for another game, but ****, just the addition of an AI partner following you around kinda changes it up quite a bit. And we saw all of, what, 1 level? RE4 completely changed from level to level.

Yeah, again, why would I want to rebuy those same 10 hours, even if they're slightly different and in a different order? Moot point anyway, these days I usually go for longer games or games with masses of replay value. TF2 and WoW last aaaaagggeeessss.

An added AI partner sounds totally queer, I'll pass.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

oh *** there is no point in trying with you

you actually have fun playing wow but think resident evil 5 looks like repetitive ****

Quoted post: Yeah, again, why would I want to rebuy those same 10 hours, even if they're slightly different and in a different order?

Because it's not the same ten hours? durr. Same restaurant, same style and taste, different food.

Quoted post: An added AI partner sounds totally queer, I'll pass.

Yeah, going to assume you didn't see the demos then.

Quoted post: you actually have fun playing wow but think resident evil 5 looks like repetitive ****

hahaha, I see what you're implying there. Didn't even catch that WoW mention in his post. What an idiot.

Posted by Speedfreak

Lol, where did I say it was repetitive?

Quoted post: Lol, where did I say it was repetitive?

Quoted post: Yeah, again, why would I want to rebuy those same 10 hours,

Right there. Same thing over and over = repetitive. Nice try though!

Posted by Speedfreak

Uhhhh, what? I said rebuying the same 10 hours, i.e. buying a game that is exactly the same as the last and therefore paying money twice for the same thing is stupid. It wasn't even ambiguous, I specifically said rebuy.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You pay a

Posted by Speedfreak

I've paid about the same price as a normal game for about 3000 hours of gameplay.

Quoted post: Uhhhh, what? I said rebuying the same 10 hours, i.e. buying a game that is exactly the same as the last and therefore paying money twice for the same thing is stupid. It wasn't even ambiguous, I specifically said rebuy.

Then your comment has nothing to do with my post.

Posted by Speedfreak

I....could just repeat myself, I suppose.

You said rebuy a game that was exactly the same. ie Rebuy Gears 1 when you already have Gears 1. That has nothing to do with what I said, read down a couple more posts from that!

Posted by Speedfreak

Mmm nope, not what I said. You're pretty close, try again!

Just saw gameplay videos, it's a shame such a crappy game has to come with a pretty awesome peripheral.

Posted by ExoXile

I'M GOING TO BUT THE WIIMOTEPLUS SEPARATELY GUYS!

Quoted post: Mmm nope, not what I said. You're pretty close, try again!

Quoted post: Uhhhh, what? I said rebuying the same 10 hours, i.e. buying a game that is exactly the same as the last and therefore paying money twice for the same thing is stupid.

Since Gears 2 and RE5 aren't exactly the same then that's must've been what you meant.

Posted by ExoXile

There goes my futile attempt to bring the thread back on topic. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

What the hell are you gonna use the adapter for by itself?

Posted by ExoXile

I'll look at it until a good game gets released.

Or I might buy it with resort, would be pretty fun sharpening that pencil!

Posted by Speedfreak

Remember the DS tech demo where you'd use the stylus like a lathe and wittle down a log of wood? That's what the pencil game is. Highly impressive, but still a tech demo nonetheless.

Nintendo said something about the jet ski game being as deep as Wave Race so therefore they don't need to make one, I RAGED.

I sure hope I don't have to stand in that awkward position with my arms held out.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY SHARPENING A PENCIL

WITH A SWORD

Posted by ExoXile

Doesn't get cooler than that.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Speedfreak;865124]Remember the DS tech demo where you'd use the stylus like a lathe and wittle down a log of wood? That's what the pencil game is. Highly impressive, but still a tech demo nonetheless.

Nintendo said something about the jet ski game being as deep as Wave Race so therefore they don't need to make one, I RAGED.

Okay, so, apparantly it was the director of Wave race 64 that said that. Glimmer of hope perhaps?

There can't be that much content if it's only 1/10th of the whole package, though.