E3 Conferences

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

All right, E3 tomorrow. You got MS at 10:30 AM monday, Nintendo and Sony on tuesday at 9 AM and 11:30 AM respectively (PDT) and a whole bunch of other stuff.

For MS tomorrow I'm predicting ****ty waggle prepackaged with ****ty wagglan gaems. But otherwise a bunch of cool games and likely no real surprises.

Nintendo's gonna have lots of waggle aimed at the casual market (don't fix what ain't broke) with a couple hardcore titles thrown in just to please everyone. Animal Crossing will likely be billed towards the hardcore audience... for some reason.

Sony... I have a feeling they'll have the best conference. Assuming they avoid LittleBigPlanet (sick of hearing about that game) and Home (sick of that too) and stick with games that people haven't been drowned in already they'll be shipshape. Oh, and price drop. They need that.

Beyond that, I just want to see gameplay of Fallout 3.

Posted by Speedfreak

Xbox 360: Shootan Racan Fightan

PS3: Little less Shootan Racan Fightan EFFEMINATE RPG HEROES

Wii: token Nintendo 1st party update maybe a new game more bad 3rd party games

DS: BAAANNNNGAAAAIII-OOOO SPPPIIRRRITTSSSUUUUU

It's the same every year.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

They will never top Nintendo's E3 2005 conference. I watched that one live, and hoo boy it was brilliant. Back then I actually had hope for the Wii.

Posted by Alastor

[url=http://kotaku.com/5024907/nintendo-introduces-wii-motion-plus]Wii Motion Plus[/url] was announced today. Now if they reveal some games to make use of it I'll be excited.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Microsoft liveblogging: http://kotaku.com/5024875/liveblogging-microsoft-e3-2008-press-conference

Portal: Still Alive coming to XBLA before Christmas!

http://livewire.ign.com/2008/e3/index.html

live video WATCHING IT NOW

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Fallout 3 trailer was SO CASH.

Posted by maian

I actually have a lot of hope for Nintendo now that Wiimote Plus is announced. I know something awesome is going to be coupled with that. Maybe like, one of their first party titles that hasn't seen a real Wii release? Zelda? *cough*

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

HOLY **** GIVE ME FALLOUT 3 AND RESIDENT EVIL 5

NOW

ONLINE CO-OP **** YES

Posted by Alastor

in b4 first person Palutena's Bow in Kid Icarus that uses Wii Motion Plus.

Edit: Okay, that whole Purple Orb thing in Fable II looks ****ing awesome.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

fable II: the sims

holy crap the new curb stomps are brutal

WOW, HOW'S THAT FOR TEN THIRTY IN THE MORNING

HEH

*crickets*

wow my high school public talk flowed more naturally than this guy's ****

Posted by Alastor

New 360 dashboard looks nice.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WOW I ALWAYS WANTED A MII PARADE ON MY 360

is this a joke

Posted by Roger Smith

Don't want new dashbox and miis, the whole thing looks ****ing retarded.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

So I think we can safely say Microsoft have gone ****ing bat****

Banjo 64 for XBLA?

Is... is that legal?

singstar ripoff

coverflow ripoff

mii channel ripoff

WHATEVER EVERY OTHER COMPANY CREATES...

carol duffy is singing at the xbox press conference while shane kim and the creator of elite beat agents dance awkwardly in the background

what has E3 become

thanks duffy *mumblemumblemumblemumblemumblemumble*

fallout 3 feature: 10 minutes
resident evil 5 feature 10 minutes
fable 2 feature: 10 minutes (lol peter molyneux is a hoot)

lips feature: 10 hours

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

FINAL FANTASY XIII ON THE 360

H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-HOLY FUCK

OH FUUUUUCK

Man, biggest insult right there at the end. How much money did they throw at Square for FFXIII? Holy ****. That's, like, Sony's biggest title. Wow, can't say I expected that.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I didn't care about FFXIII...

UNTIL NOW!

I did. I was really looking forward to it since FFXII came out. I just didn't expect to look forward to it on the Xbox.

Anywho, I thought the conference was pretty good! A lot less stats than I ever expected and opening with 4 badass games was awesome. Gears looked fun as hell; Fallout 3 looks amazing, but they didn't show enough; RE5 co-op? holy ****, 'nuff said; glowing orb **** in Fable was brilliant in my opinion. Being able to see where everyone is in real time and then having them pop in so quickly was awesome.

As for the dashboard, I actually kinda like it. It could look a little better (grey, what the ****?) and the Mii business isn't as bad as I expected, what with them looking pretty **** accurate... but beyond all that: eight person group chat. ****ing finally.

That was probably their best conference yet in my opinion.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, it hit a rough patch in the middle with all the casual games, but the bread of the Microsoft sandwich was good. They really made Rock Band 2 sound appealing. All your songs are transferable? Dream Theater? Sold!

Posted by WillisGreeny

Now all of you guys are going to go ape **** for achievements on Final Fantasy. Oh the horror.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

100G to grind my Magitek Warrior to level 99 can't wait yeeeeah

The Final Fantasy games still have Ultima Weapons, right?

Yeah, dude. That and online is the only reason I'd buy an xbox game over and PS3 game. Trophies are all well and good, but no universal friends list makes them meaningless. FFXIII achievements fuuuuuuuuuck yes.

Oh yeah, Portal as an xbox exclusive this year? ****, should be great.

Posted by Ant

hmm, one of the only games I gave a **** about on the pstriple coming to the circle is pretty good news for me :cool:

Posted by Arcadios

Final Fantasy XIII? Maybe
Resident Evil 5? **** YES

Posted by Sapphire Rose

FFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I don't think I've ever been so excited for a game.

Posted by Alastor

[url=http://kotaku.com/5025004/breaking-official-rock-band-2-tracklist-revealed]I might actually have to buy a music game now.[/url]

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=maian;863783]I actually have a lot of hope for Nintendo now that Wiimote Plus is announced. I know something awesome is going to be coupled with that. Maybe like, one of their first party titles that hasn't seen a real Wii release? Zelda? *cough*

*kills your excitement with a butterfly knife* Where would the nunchuck go?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

On the Wii Motion Plus? There's clearly a port for peripherals.

Posted by Alastor

Yeah, that looks like a nunchuck port at the bottom, just with a plastic "placeholder" thing in it.

Posted by Speedfreak

I DON'T BELIEVE IT UNTIL IT'S IN WRITING.

Yeah, it'd be stupid if there was no port. Nintendo's a bit more smart than that.

Anyways, makes me wonder what Sony has up their sleeves. MS featured pretty much all the big games I was looking forward to and snatched a massive RPG from them... so what've they got? Killzone 2, Resistance and LittleBigPlanet? On the plus side, Killzone looks ****ing awesome. If only because it's Call of Duty IN THE FUTURE

Posted by Speedfreak

YOU SAY THAT AND THEN YOU SEE GAMEBOY SP WITH NO HEADPHONES PORT.

Hahaha, wow you're right.

Still, I couldn't see them missing this. No way.

Posted by maian

And then the DS, and the DS Lite WITH a headphones port. :cookie:

As for the conferences, I don't know. I was expecting Microsoft to certainly have the weakest one, but it turned out to be pretty fecking awesome.

Preidictions:

Sony will unveil their expected titles, and maybe a surprise or two. idk, I haven't really looked into it. They could match up with Microsoft, but wow. They're going to have to pull something pretty amazing to get on par with them, especially since Microsoft stole the biggest exclusive they could possibly offer. Makes me wonder if FFV13 will stay exclusive. I think it's quite possible they'll unveil a new portable system, or a variation of the PSP, since its lifespan is getting shorter and shorter.

Nintendo...will be Nintendo. We now have a small tidbit of information of what they're going to offer, which will be obvious overusage of the Wii Motion Plus. That may not be a bad thing, but it could be another one of Nintendo's great ideas that they drive to complete overkill, like GC/GBA CONNECTIVITY LOL. This seems much more reasonable, though. Animal Crossing Wii and Kid Icarus are inevitable (They're even on the games list on e3.net), and I suspect some crazy ridiculous surprise no one sees coming. I personally would love to see a new Zelda, and seeing the amount of time it's been in development, I think it could be pretty likely. I don't expect to see a new portable system, since DS is doing so ridiculously well. Another redesign? Maybe.

IT SHOULD JUST BE THE MORNING LOL

Quoted post: And then the DS, and the DS Lite WITH a headphones port.

ds fat has a headphone jack.

Posted by maian

what's the difference lol

all I know is that DS Fat supports normal headphones :cookie:

Posted by Shade

Wow, the setlist for Rock Band 2 is ****ing awesome. Gonna hit that up for sure.

Also, who really gives a **** about a headphone jack? Srsly.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Me. Seriously, DS/GBA games sound hella better coming out of headphones, and nobody I live with likes to hear the gym battle music all day long.

Posted by maian

wai, am I missing something? :cookie:

All I know is that the GBA Original/DS/DS Lite support normal headphones. or am I retarded :cool:

Posted by Last Fog

I screamed when I saw RE5 co-op.

Can someone link me to a video about all the dashboard updates? Don't know where to find it.

Posted by Last Fog

You can't be serious...

Posted by Last Fog

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO THE DASHBOARD?? Seriously, that's ugly. Why so much empty gray space?!

I was upset about the avatar concept at first, since it's just a cheap ripoff of Miis, but really it could be kind of cool, having your friends list a group of these guys. But oh my, that new interface is horrible. Tweaks have to be made.

Yeah, too much empty space. They're trying to copy Mac with their coverflow idea obviously, but Apple has minimal black space in the background... cause, you know, that makes sense.

I wanna see what happens to themes and whatnot. Ads too.

Posted by Last Fog

They could have incorporated avatars without changing the interface much at all. Oh well.

I just lol'd pretty hard at the south park arcade preview.

They changed it to make it... uh, less complicated. Not sure how blades were complicated, but whatever.

Posted by Last Fog

Too complicated for the "casual" crowd? A little insulting don't you think? If you can't navigate the dashboard what are doing owning any electronic device?

Microsoft needs to stop chasing after the casual crowd anyway. Clearly they are trying to compete with Wii with these avatars and "the new xbox live experience." It's just not gonna happen.

Indeed. But I have a feeling they'll go back and tweak some stuff on the new dashboard after this week. Looked... early. I mean, I honestly would've been happy with group chat with the same old dashboard.

Posted by Last Fog

I'm pretty P.O.'d they can get Banjo Kazooie in the arcade but Goldeneye got canned.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Won't they have to edit it quite a bit to remove any references to Nintendo? oh ****

Like that matters. They gave it a graphical overhaul and online so I assume they could do that. But doesn't someone else own the rights or something?

Also, what's with the conferences and ****ty music at the beginning?

Posted by maian

OH SNAP IT'S BEGINNING

Nintendo will probably underwhelm lol

Posted by maian

btw this new girl sucks compared to reggie lol

Holy ****, she's annoying. I thought that dude from the MS conference was a dick, but her... wow. Get off the stage.

MS starts with Fallout, Nintendo starts with... snowboarding. UGH

Posted by maian

SHAUN WHITE SNOWBOARDING OH GAWD YES IT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

k won't make these posts anymore

Posted by Alastor

lol

Animal Crossing: City Folk

VOICE CHAT

Holy ****.

Posted by maian

I'm liking the frat animal crossing guys lol

Posted by Shade

Chinatown Wars? hahahaha

YAY REGGIE'S BACK

Posted by maian

bol

That's...unexpected.

Posted by Alastor

Wii Sports Resort

BEACH GAEMS

Comes with Wii MotionPlus and the "extended jacket".

Posted by Shade

I know I always chop wood when I'm at the beach.

Posted by maian

idk, Motion Plus looks pretty sick :cool:

Posted by Fate

Only thing I care about is voice chat and Animal Crossing. Some other games might be added to the list depending on how they appeal to me.

Posted by Shade

I am underwhelmed.

Posted by Alastor

...That can't be it.

Posted by Big Boss

Wii Music looks pretty cool.

However, I'm waiting for my hardcore gamer announcement, please...

Posted by maian

Quoting maian: OH SNAP IT'S BEGINNING

Nintendo will probably underwhelm lol

WELL GOLLY GEE I WAS RIGHT

Gawd, I couldn't believe that was it. =/ There has to be more they're going to show at E3, at least. Kid Icarus was fecking confirmed to show up at E3.

WHY, NINTENDO

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Even I have to say that that was pretty pathetic. Swordfighting and Animal Crossing should be fun, though, yeah.

I honestly thought they'd surprise us with a Hardcore game. Opening with snowboarding and showing us a ****ty call of duty and a movie game... ugh. Really underwhelmed.

That resort game was all right if only for the sword duel and animal crossing is a buy, wii music looks pretty neat too if a bit simplistic and possible a bit null since Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero look so amazing this year, but there was a lot less there than I really expected. Shame.

Also, not sure I want a speaker-phone/microphone thing like that. I'd rather it on my ear so other people don't have to hear me talking to people! But it does fit with their whole image, so whatever.

Posted by maian

I'm pretty sure Nintendo still has some crap to show us, but why, oh why did they NOT show it at their conference? IT MAKES NO SENSE. I was waiting for this conference for so long to see a Kid Icarus, or *** forbid a new Zelda, and this is what we get. >_>

I knew Nintendo would do this, but not to such a terrible extent.

"HEY LOOK WE'RE SELLING REALLY WELL LOOK HOW MUCH BETTER WE'RE SELLING THAN EVERYBODY ELSE OK HERE'S SOME CASUAL GAMES LOL"

I found it really funny that they showed far more stats than Microsoft. I mean, MS is a ****ing stat machine, yet they showed far more gameplay and relevant **** to the E3 audience. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Here's hoping Sony blows us away or something... because *** knows they don't have any decent stats to pad their conference with.

Posted by ExoXile

;_;

Posted by Drewboy64

Nintendo disappoints again. The only good thing that came out of that was Animal Crossing and voice chat.

When Reggie pulled an '04 and was like, "but before you leave," I was hoping it would be something awesome. Nope, just Wii Music.

And what is up with that new chick? Ugh.

Wii Sports Resort looks good. But didn't they say this would cater to the core gamers? I thought they promised that. They'd better have some SSBB-esque post conference trailers.

Posted by maian

IS there a chance that they'll unveil more in the next couple of days? ;|

Quoted post: And what is up with that new chick? Ugh.

Seriously. She has to be the worst speaker I've ever seen at a conference of any sort. Reggie should've just been out there the entire time. I mean, at least Nintendo knows everyone likes Reggie.

Quoted post: IS there a chance that they'll unveil more in the next couple of days? ;|

Yes. But not likely. A couple games debut after the conferences in closed-rooms, but usually not first-party if I recall.

Posted by Drewboy64

I was really hoping they'd show some red steel 2.

I was also hoping for starfox or metroid dread or SOMETHING. But at least animal crossing does look amazing.

Didn't show enough. GIVE ME A DEVELOPER WALKTHROUGH PLEASE. Just showing snippets isn't enough :(

Posted by maian

I WANTED TO SEE THE FECKING NEW ZELDA THEY'VE BEEN DEVELOPING FOR TWO YEARS

OR AT LEAST KID ICARUS WHICH IS ON THE E3 WEBSITE

WHAT IS THIS GARBAGE RAAAAAH

Posted by Prince Shondronai

"As a SWORD!!!1!" will become this year's "Massive damage" quote.

Posted by Zeta

Morgan Webb: "Some of the hardcore gamers felt left out. What do you have to say about that?"

Reggie: "How can they feel left out!? ANIMAL CROSSING"

Posted by Alastor

[IMG]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/Dystorce/1216144176601.jpg[/IMG]

Quoted post: Reggie: "How can they feel left out!? ANIMAL CROSSING"

GTA AND CALL OF DUTY WOOOOOOOOOO*

Posted by Shade

I wanted more info on DS games. :(

Posted by Drewboy64

*** i want a new starfox that doesn't suck so sos osossoosbadly.
and red steel 2.
and excite truck 2.
etc.

Posted by Alastor

They didn't even touch Wario Land: Shake It!, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Pokemon Platinum, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, or Super Mario Sluggers. Instead, SWORDS.

Posted by Big Boss

Resistance 2 looks sick! That's probably the most impressive gameplay scenario in the game, but still... D[color=yellowgreen]AMN!

EDIT: Hahaha, Little Big Planet has made giving business data for the press interesting.[/color]

Posted by Alastor

[url=http://e3.nintendo.com/index.html]Oh hey, games.[/url] There's a shred of hope yet.

Posted by Big Boss

Jim Lee!! A non-gaming figure I don't mind being on stage right now.

EDIT - I'm glad this title is actually getting made. With Marvel's MMO on 360 canceled, I'm looking at DC for the only title I'd care to try MMOs on.

Posted by maian

N...Nintendo makes GAMES?

WHA?

Who knows. Maybe they'll pull something out of their arses.

Posted by Shade

Mario Baseball!?

*** ****IT CAMELOT STOP ****ING AROUND AND MAKE GOLDEN SUN 3

Posted by ExoXile

Sony's was a lot better than Nintendo's.
I still think it was pretty weak though.

Nintendo last year was amazing, I want it back.:(

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I have a feeling that Massive Action Game got its name from MASSIVE DAMAGE.

Either way, not too shabby. *** of War III was probably their biggest announcement.

Though I wouldn't be that excited by it, what they need to do is make a deal with Square and announce a FFVII remake. Would boost PS3 above and beyond.

Posted by Unite

hmm 40gb gets an up grade to 80gb and stays the same price.

Pretty boring conference, but Jack Tretton's a cool guy and probably the best speaker of the three conferences. The idea to use LBP as a power-point presentation was brilliant and really well done, but otherwise, the conference felt really slow compared to the other two. Resistance looked great but nothing mind-melting there, and MAG looked fairly ridiculous will 256 players (in a good way.) Shame it was all pre-rendered stuff though. But PSP, PS2 and movies and TV shows don't interest me so the rest was pretty null.

Kinda surprised Microsoft had the best conference.

Oh, and Kirby Superstar Ultra? **** yeah!

Oh yeah, reminder if you guys are interested:

http://livewire.ign.com/2008/e3/index.html

Long list of games they're going to be showing live. New game every thirty minutes.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Shade: Mario Baseball!?

*** ****IT CAMELOT STOP ****ING AROUND AND MAKE GOLDEN SUN 3

Namco Bandai is in charge of Mario Super Sluggers, not Camelot.

Where the **** is Tales of Symphonia 2?

Posted by Shade

Don't worry buddy, it'll be here. It'll be here.

Quoting Alastor: Namco Bandai is in charge of Mario Super Sluggers, not Camelot.

Alright, cool. My rage is abated.

Posted by Speedfreak

HAHAHAHAHAHA, WOW. Worst E3 ever. From mediocre to bad to worse, I may well end up working in an industry I don't give a crap about.

Posted by Ant

wow, glad to see I wasn't the only person underwhellmed by the Nintendo/Sony conferences. Hell, I wasn't even that impressed with the Microsoft one. "woo voice chat for a game I never liked!" and with sony "oh, *** of war 3, big ****ing surprise".

yeah, what a bunch of bull****.

It went like this: Awesome to laughably bad to HOLY **** to embarrassingly bad to all right to boring as ****.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, rehashes are so f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking awesome. RE5 looks identical to 4, NOW WITH CO-OP; Gears of War 2 is the same bloody game; It's-like-I'm-playing-a-real-guitar 2!!!, now with fag metal.

Ugh, Christ, now I want to vomit.

I'm clinging to the hope that, because these are all 1st party conferences, 3rd parties will reveal all their cool stuff over the week. I mean where the hell was Crystal bearers? And for that matter, where was Team Ico's thing or White Knight Story? Utterly dripping with fail.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;864298] RE5 looks identical to 4, NOW WITH CO-OPThis is not a bad thing.

The three events were worth it just for Square Enix ****ing Sony in the ***. One of the best moments ever. People seem to be forgetting E3 isn't the biggest conference anymore.

Who ****ing cares if a game is a sequel or not? As long as it's fun that's all that matters. Jesus christ, stop crying.

Anywho, this all Nintendo had to show to have the best conference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2MYPmbgrI0

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Why is this the first I've ever heard of this game? Oh wow, loving it.

Madworld was announced awhile ago. Thought there was a thread on it but I couldn't find it.

Posted by Ant

LOVE THIS GAME

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;864305]Who ****ing cares if a game is a sequel or not? As long as it's fun that's all that matters. Jesus christ, stop crying.

Anywho, this all Nintendo had to show to have the best conference: [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2MYPmbgrI0[/URL]

Yeah, sorry, I wouldn't buy "Chess 2" if it was the same game with different coloured peices. I kind of have to look after my money now, I'm not gonna waste it buying something I already own.

Madworld looks totally awesome though, it really appeals to the HARDCORE gamer in me. Look at the GORE, man, UGH. FUCK YEAH. WAGGLE CONTROLS, BLOOD (THAT SO WON'T GET CENSORED), STYLE OVER SUBSTANCE. IT LOOKS. SO. AWESOME. 9.8567/10 FROM IGN FOR SURE.

It's not that im cynical, I just love making fun of the really stupid shit that you guys get excited over every month.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Speedfreak;864349]Yeah, sorry, I wouldn't buy "Chess 2" if it was the same game with different coloured peices. I kind of have to look after my money now, I'm not gonna waste it buying something I already own.

Madworld looks totally awesome though, it really appeals to the HARDCORE gamer in me. Look at the GORE, man, UGH. F[COLOR=lightgreen]U[/COLOR]CK YEAH. WAGGLE CONTROLS, BLOOD (THAT SO WON'T GET CENSORED), STYLE OVER SUBSTANCE. IT LOOKS. SO. AWESOME. 9.8567/10 FROM IGN FOR SURE.

Yeah, I was hoping for some pretensiously-jrpged-****-fested game that had a million lines of story to read in the first 5 minutes before even meeting a character...****.

Quoted post: Yeah, sorry, I wouldn't buy "Chess 2" if it was the same game with different coloured peices. I kind of have to look after my money now, I'm not gonna waste it buying something I already own.

Haha, wow. That's a classic speedfreak argument right there. Cause, you know, RE5 doesn't have new scenarios, doesn't expand on the storyline, doesn't have co-op which is a big ****ing deal. Same thing with Gears. The game was great with a friend and the new additions to multiplayer and new modes looks like a huge improvement over Gears 1, even if it looks the same on the surface.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'd rather get excited over 'stupid ****' than sit in my rocking chair lamenting about THOSE **** SEQUELS!!!

you cranky old man.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Iron Koala;864352]Yeah, I was hoping for some pretensiously-jrpged-****-fested game that had a million lines of story to read in the first 5 minutes before even meeting a character...****.

Really? That sounds pretty sucky too, man.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;864353]Haha, wow. That's a classic speedfreak argument right there. Cause, you know, RE5 doesn't have new scenarios, doesn't expand on the storyline, doesn't have co-op which is a big ****ing deal. Same thing with Gears. The game was great with a friend and the new additions to multiplayer and new modes looks like a huge improvement over Gears 1, even if it looks the same on the surface.

New scenarios: Yeah they're gonna be soooo different. It's not gonna be anything like last time where you wander around killing the odd bad guy until HOLY **** THERE'S A LOT OF THEM over and over again, followed by a boss fight. Then there's the odd mission that changes things up, like shooting at enemies from the back of a truck. This time you shoot at enemies from the back of a truck and theyre on MOTORBIKES. GOTY.

Storyline? Go read a real story, Resi has always had the dumbest B-movie plot ever. The entire series is so full of plotholes that Capcom had to release sets of videos to explain away the nonsense.

I don't give a crap about co-op, every game has bloody co-op, it's old news. I'd rather play Left4Dead, that has co-op with FOUR PEOPLE. I know how you kids get weak at the knees over BIGGER NUMBERS.

I'm looking forward to quite a few games, I just thinkthis E3 sucks. Enjoy your rehashes, faggots.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Speedfreak;864373]Really? That sounds pretty sucky too, man.

Just implying the harsh reality that it could have been worse. Doing new and unprecedented stuff always runs the risk of being worse.

Posted by Speedfreak

Gore isn't new and unprecedented. It's No More Heroes/ Manhunt/ G[COLOR=lightgreen]o[/COLOR]d Hand with waggle. Only 12 year old kids find this shit cool.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Face it, Speedy, 12 yr olds are still running the market.

Quoted post: New scenarios: Yeah they're gonna be soooo different. It's not gonna be anything like last time where you wander around killing the odd bad guy until HOLY **** THERE'S A LOT OF THEM over and over again, followed by a boss fight. Then there's the odd mission that changes things up, like shooting at enemies from the back of a truck. This time you shoot at enemies from the back of a truck and theyre on MOTORBIKES. GOTY.

Spoilers: it's a sequel. You don't buy a sequel in hopes that it'll be radically different. When that happens everyone gets mad. As for what you just said there, that's every ****ing action game ever made. Worked well so far!

Jesus, you're the worst troll I've ever seen. Try harder.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;864393]Spoilers: it's a sequel. You don't buy a sequel in hopes that it'll be radically different. When that happens everyone gets mad. As for what you just said there, that's every ****ing action game ever made. Worked well so far!

Jesus, you're the worst troll I've ever seen. Try harder.

Mario Sunshine -> Mario Galaxy: radically different
Super Metroid -> Metroid Prime: radically different
Team Fortress -> Team Fortress 2: radically different

I don't mind the action game formula when it's used either in a different game or in a new game from the same series that does something new. The same scenarios in the game with the same mechanics is the exact same game with different wrapping paper. Sometimes a new stupid storyline will sucker me in, sometimes a gimmicky gameplay mechanic will. But a more expensive game for a console I still don't own* that looks shockingly similar isn't impressing me. I liked REmake better than RE4 anyway.

*Not for long! Price cut and EA discount FTW

If I'm such a bad troll why do you keep replying?

[quote=Iron Koala;864388]Face it, Speedy, 12 yr olds are still running the market.

AND THE BOARDS AMIRIGHT.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;864404]Mario Sunshine -> Mario Galaxy: radically differentThey got rid of the water pack and replaced it with planets.
[quote=Speedfreak]
New art style and class reworking =/= radically different.

Posted by Speedfreak

Changing how the game works is more of a difference than throwing in co-op to a game you've already made. I'd rather play a ground-up co-op game. Mario comment was stupid, it's like saying "got rid of the feather, added 3D".

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Dude, you've watched RE5 demos, right? The second character changes how the game works.

Posted by Speedfreak

Meh, still don't care.

Quoted post: Mario Sunshine -> Mario Galaxy: radically different
Super Metroid -> Metroid Prime: radically different

Because Mario and Metroid didn't have very similar sequels, right? Oh wait, Super Mario Bros. Oh wait, Metroid 1, 2 and 3. Oh wait, Prime 1, 2 and 3. Please.

Quoted post: I'd rather play a ground-up co-op game

Like Gears 2 and RE5? They've explicitly said RE5 is a co-op game, meant to play with a friend. Gears is the definition of co-op.

Posted by Shade

...I am in awe at the moment.

Posted by Speedfreak

Nice of you to bring up points I didn't mention, it just proves that you can't argue with what I atually say.

Gears 2 is a clone of Gears 1. I'll buy that Gears 1 is a co-op game, and I'll get that for a much cheaper price than gears 2 will be! RE5 looks exactly the same as 4 with co-op slapped on. I don't give a shit what Capcom say, rehashes ahave been the foundation of their business since Mega Man and Street Fighter.

Keep crying, pussies, I will never like the same games as you and there's nothing you can ever say or do to convince me otherwise.

Quoted post: Nice of you to bring up points I didn't mention, it just proves that you can't argue with what I atually say.

What, bringing up all the other Metroids and Marios? There's only been 2 Gears. There was 3 Metroids before it got a reinvention. There was three Mario Bros before it got a reinvention. So by your logic Gears has 1 more game in it before it needs to do something different. Same goes for Resident Evil. Three main Resident Evils before it got a reinvention. Now, according to your logic, due to Metroid Prime, Resident Evil also has one more game in it before it needs a reinvention.

It's not that I can't argue, it's just your logic has some serious holes in it.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I don't understand why somebody would complain about RE5 being "similar" in "gameplay" to RE4. Especially considering how great of a game RE4 was. Not only that, it's only 1 of 2 games in the series to use the same gameplay mechanics. If you were to complain about RE:CV when that came out for being a clone of the previous RE games I'd understand because at that point in time the old robotic controls from the original were getting stale. You can't expect Capcom to come up with an all new gameplay mechanic every time a new game in the series is released, and you shouldn't expect them to. Especially when you consider how huge of a game changer RE4 was for the better, how well it worked and how well it works now.

There's no logical or even financial reason to change the gameplay (at least at this point) because fans love it, critics love it, the game's own developers love it, and oh yeah, it's a very fun way to play the game.There's a reason why RE4 changed things up. There is NO reason to change things now, just for the sake of changing it. When things start getting old and stale, that's when you change it.

Not to mention the fact that this game will tie together a lot of the loose ends in the storyline and that alone is reason enough for a fan like me to pay full price for it. That, and what The X mention earlier that the second character changes the game entirely.[/COLOR]

Posted by Degeneration

Yeah, knock RE5 for the little bit that it borrows from its predecessor, but enjoy your Fire Emblem...

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Aioros;864455][COLOR=Yellow]I don't understand why somebody would complain about RE5 being "similar" in "gameplay" to RE4. Especially considering how great of a game RE4 was. Not only that, it's only 1 of 2 games in the series to use the same gameplay mechanics. If you were to complain about RE:CV when that came out for being a clone of the previous RE games I'd understand because at that point in time the old robotic controls from the original were getting stale. You can't expect Capcom to come up with an all new gameplay mechanic every time a new game in the series is released, and you shouldn't expect them to. Especially when you consider how huge of a game changer RE4 was for the better, how well it worked and how well it works now.

There's no logical or even financial reason to change the gameplay (at least at this point) because fans love it, critics love it, the game's own developers love it, and oh yeah, it's a very fun way to play the game.There's a reason why RE4 changed things up. There is NO reason to change things now, just for the sake of changing it. When things start getting old and stale, that's when you change it.

Not to mention the fact that this game will tie together a lot of the loose ends in the storyline and that alone is reason enough for a fan like me to pay full price for it. That, and what The X mention earlier that the second character changes the game entirely.[/COLOR]

BEECCAAAUUUSEEEEE I AAALLREEEEADDDYYY OOWWWNNNN RREEEEE44444.

TWWWIIIIIICCCCCEEEE.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You own Fire Emblem

thriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

http://kotaku.com/5026053/your-360-themes-could-look-like-this-on-the-new-dash

So that's what the new Xbox dashboard will likely look like with themes and whatnot. Makes a world of difference, really.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;864545]You own Fire Emblem

thriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

That's how I know I'm not looking forward to rehashes, I don't like shootan games that much.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: http://kotaku.com/5026053/your-360-themes-could-look-like-this-on-the-new-dash

So that's what the new Xbox dashboard will likely look like with themes and whatnot. Makes a world of difference, really.

[COLOR="Yellow"]It was kind of obvious that they weren't just going to leave a big gray void in the background becase: A) it's ugly and B) Microsoft still needs to make money off themes and whatnot. But i gotta say, I'm really liking the new look.[/COLOR]

Posted by Shade

I didn't see it when they showed it at their conference, but woah, I really like how it looks. When are they implementing it?

Posted by Last Fog

Eh, I still like the blades better. The only advantage to this is themes don't make it hard to read the text.

Quoted post: I didn't see it when they showed it at their conference, but woah, I really like how it looks. When are they implementing it?

It's gonna be the fall update.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The last fall update was released in December, so don't hold your breath.

Posted by Speedfreak

I keep hoping Friday is the day they reveal they weren't fucking us around and all join forces for a super mega conference.

Quoted post: The last fall update was released in December, so don't hold your breath.

They have games relying on avatars that ship in late september or so. Or at least I was watching an interview on that scene it game and they said they were shipping around the update in september/october

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: HAHAHAHAHAHA, WOW. Worst E3 ever. From mediocre to bad to worse, I may well end up working in an industry I don't give a crap about.

Developing games or writing news articles and reviews?

Posted by Speedfreak

Developing, with any luck. I have my foot in the door already, at least.

Posted by ExoXile

Will you send me a game for free if I buy you a beer?

Posted by Speedfreak

Never gotten a free game to give, I've been away every time they handed them out.

Posted by ExoXile

Ah, well, you know.
When you've developed one. [IMG]http://vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG]

Posted by Speedfreak

Ask Big Boss, he's about 5 years ahead of me.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I hope to someday be involved with video game distribution, or some management position that really has nothing to do with development, but still gets the free games.

Posted by Shade

Am I the only one on this forum that doesn't want to be involved in some sort of media/technological job?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yes. Whatever your chosen field is, Shade, it will suck.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Shade: Am I the only one on this forum that doesn't want to be involved in some sort of media/technological job?

Part of me wants to be a park ranger and just hike around all day in awesome green shorts, giving advice to hikers and saying "WELL HELLO THERE"

Posted by The Pain

Quoting Shade: Am I the only one on this forum that doesn't want to be involved in some sort of media/technological job?

I've always wanted to be a Photographer. Money may not be good but if it's something you enjoy, you don't mind. I mean, walking around in the great outdoors snapping photos of beautiful scenery. What could be more relaxing?

I don't want to be involved with computers (which is why I distance myself from software) but the money is good, the effort of the job is minimal, and there's always work to be done. So here I am.

Everything else I'd rather consider involves a lot of math or post-secondary schooling.

Posted by maian

I want to work somewhere in the gaming industry, wherever that is. It's something I'm serious about, and I'm not one of those people that's all "LOL I LUV VIDJA GAEMS SO MUCH I WANT TO TEST AND MAKE THEM SO I CAN PLAY GAEMZ ALL DAY LOL!"

So yeah, something in the industry is what appeals to me most. Aside from that? Maybe something in art. I'd like to be a concept artist or something if it comes down to that.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=maian;866385]I want to work somewhere in the gaming industry, wherever that is. It's something I'm serious about, and I'm not one of those people that's all "LOL I LUV VIDJA GAEMS SO MUCH I WANT TO TEST AND MAKE THEM SO I CAN PLAY GAEMZ ALL DAY LOL!"

So yeah, something in the industry is what appeals to me most. Aside from that? Maybe something in art. I'd like to be a concept artist or something if it comes down to that.

Get a head start now, find out what you're good at.

Posted by Fate

You know, maian, you can't be serious about the gaming industry if you don't know where you want to be! It's like as vague as saying, "I want to work in a big company." You could be serving coffee in the industry and still be in it. Find something you want to do.

Posted by Speedfreak

That's pretty harsh, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to code, design or script until recently. It's hard to know what you want to do when you don't know how difficult or easy different jobs might be to you.

Posted by Fate

If you want to be a designer, scripter, or programmer, then you want to work in making the game tech-wise. That's a start. Programming has minimal design when it comes to being a part of a team, and in a lot of cases the scripter is a designer, just not a director. You can design all you want but if you want people to listen to you as a director of a studio it's highly suggested you know a thing or two about the limits of the hardware you're designing for, which means taking courses in programming or scripting. It's an advanced technical field and you should take it seriously.

Honestly, I wanted to be in forensic science before I decided I wanted to do art than to reiterate complex formulas. Now I can apply complex formulas to art! It's too bad I know a bunch of forensic **** and have no general application for it. Although if I ever became a designer in some magical land I could make a sweet detective game.

Posted by maian

Well, that's good advice. :cookie: I've been wanting to talk to somebody who's starting up in it to get a lot more info of going about doing it.

As for what I want to do in the industry, it's not like I haven't thought about it. My three main ideal spots would be in concept art, game journalism, or programming/design. However, I'm a lot more serious about the latter. Obviously, it's not easy to just say "if this doesn't work than I can just fall into this lol" but, yeah. That's at least my three main vague ideas. =/

Unfortunately, I have next to no knowledge of programming or design at the moment. I've been wanting to get a start on that, but don't really know where to start. Any suggestions?

Posted by Speedfreak

Without knowing where your skills lie I suggest giving everything a go and see what you're good at. Be warned that you have to be VERY good at maths to be a decent programmer and draw pretty much all the time (or at least start to) to be a good concept artist.

As for design, think about them. A lot. Try making levels for a Source engine game, figure out precisely why you like or don't like a game. Learn the difference between bad design and something you just don't like (almost impossible to fully achieve, but try anyway ). Read game design books and Gamasutra, don't agree with everything you read. Force yourself to think about them in ways you usually don't. Draw on what you know outside of games, too. I wanted to be a fighter pilot before this, my frustration at the lack of good flying games made me design one. My experience with martial arts and poor ability with fighting games spurred me to design a different kind of fighting game, too.

Posted by maian

That's one of the frustrations I have. I'm not really bad at math. In fact, when I just know how to do it, it's a breeze. But, I pretty much detest math. I just don't have fun when I do it. At all. >_>

But, I'd like to design. I'd like to create ideas for a game, I'd like to create concepts, what the game is. And I would want to personally be a part of building those, but I don't know if that would be ideal for me.

Posted by Speedfreak

Try designing something, then. No one starts off with concepts, you need to be able to design any part of a game well if people are going to listen to your ideas for a whole one.

Posted by maian

Sound advice lol

Anyway, I'm going to look into it a lot more. It's a bit broad to discuss in this thread, anyway.