The Shield (Final Season)

Posted by ElroyJetson

Sucks that its coming to an end...but i guess we cant hope for vic to kick *** forever..

Any ideas for getting non fans into the show for the last season...it almost feels like the sopranos to me...even if you hadn't seen the previous seasons, you probably need to watch the final season of the shield...opinions?

Posted by WillisGreeny

That show was like NYPD Blue mixed in with GTA, right?

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

its funny because i can watch one random episode, and somehow still enjoy it. i should watch it from the beginning though. the only thing that i dont like from the show are the somewhat massive stereotypes. but the way that its directed and the way thats it written is well done.

Posted by ElroyJetson

i dont know if i'd call it stereotypes...at least...its not done in a distasteful manner...the show exposes some of the prejudices that people have...nothing wrong with that..i agree that its extremely well written and acted...and i have a newfound respect for michael chiklis...hes great as vic..

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

Quoting ElroyJetson: i dont know if i'd call it stereotypes...at least...its not done in a distasteful manner....

I myself have lived in a southern california "GHETTO" for most of my life, and not once do i ever remember of a band of thugs doing a drive by on a police station...or let alone a drive by in the daytime. Either way its a good show. I guess the same can be said on a show like the sopranos.

Posted by ElroyJetson

yeah i mean there are come creative liberties taken, but it doesnt dilute the value of the show...and i think the writers ahve said that all of the stories they use are at least somewhat rooted in reality...