So...

Posted by Linkman

I'm at work today, having a pretty awesome day for once. Then I get home, and find that our house had been broken into and robbed. I lost close to $1k in stuff, including my DS, 9 games, a Wi-Fi thing I had for it, and my Wii which I just bought this past Friday with my copy of Brawl.

So, yeah... whatever.

No, I'm serious.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Dude, I feel you on this one. Being stolen from is one of the worst ****ing feelings. Have you involved the police or anything at this point?

Posted by Linkman

yes, in fact, I found my Wii and the games at a Gamestop. They're being held there until the police can go get it. It will then become evidence. We basically know who did it, now we just need evidence. We had a cop here dusting for prints and stuff.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wow, how did they know it was yours?

It's good to know they've caught the ****er. Make him pay!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wow, you actually found your stuff? That's pretty **** rare. So I guess there's at least some sort of bright side to this. Though why they'd sell it to Gamestop where you get absolutely no money back... I have no idea.

Posted by Panic!

Sweet dude, glad you found your stuff.

I can't believe with all of the precautions that GameStop is taking these days on trading crap in someone was stupid enough to try it with a stolen item.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Linkman: yes, in fact, I found my Wii and the games at a Gamestop. They're being held there until the police can go get it. It will then become evidence. We basically know who did it, now we just need evidence. We had a cop here dusting for prints and stuff.

That's really lucky. Here's to hoping whomever it was ends up arrested.

Posted by Linkman

I didn't find the DS, but I found the Wii by matching up the serial numbers. I read it off the box over them phone to the Gamestop guy and they matched up. They took everything that was sold to them and gave me the name of the seller. It was someone we suspected, so he will be arrested, and probably put in jail for a long time, because I'm after him for robbery, my parents are after him for breaking and entering, and Gamestop will also be after him.

The only reason they wouldn't take the DS is because the serial number was worn off. But other than that, I think GS has most of my stuff. In a couple of days, break in investigator is going to pick up my stuff for evidence. All I have to do is make a photocopy of the Wii Box with the serial number, which I can do at work easily.

Regardless, I live in a disgustingly drug infested neighborhood. Every week, I put about 90% of my paycheck (around $320/wk) into savings so I can get out of this hell hole once and for all.

Posted by Omni

It happened to me, too. We went on a trip for about 3 days.

They stole:
[list][*]1 original NES console
[*]2 top-loading NES consoles
[*]around 50 NES games
[*]1 Sega Genesis
[*]around 30 Genesis games
[*]2 Game Boy Colors
[*]around 10 Game Boy games
[*]1 N64 console
[*]around 10 N64 games
[*]money and other valuables
[*]tried to steal my father's car, but failed[/list]

It was back when I cared more about games.

They also smashed the tank that my turtles were in all over the floor and they died. :(

Anyway, it turned out to be some kids who lived on the other side of our community. They got caught when they tried to sell the games in school.

Posted by Arcadios

Well atleast you got most of your stuff back. :(

Posted by Shade

Ah, that really sucks man. I remember getting my DS taken when my dad's car was stolen last year. Nothing to the magnitude of this, but yeah.

At least you've got your Wii back! Woulda been a pain having to get another one, that's for sure.

Posted by Alastor

Already expressed my condolences over AIM. At least you found most of your ****. Hopefully putting your Wii through evidence won't take too long.

...Though I'm still wondering why they found it at GameStop, a store where the employees would rather die than give you a penny. You said you got your Wii at F.Y.E.'s or something, right? Only way you can get cash at GameStop to my knowledge is turning it something you bought there with the receipt and within 7 days.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Linkman: I didn't find the DS, but I found the Wii by matching up the serial numbers. I read it off the box over them phone to the Gamestop guy and they matched up. They took everything that was sold to them and gave me the name of the seller. It was someone we suspected, so he will be arrested, and probably put in jail for a long time, because I'm after him for robbery, my parents are after him for breaking and entering, and Gamestop will also be after him.

You're after him for larceny. Robbery involves you being face to face and some threat or physical force being used.

Good luck man, good that you found him.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Alastor: Already expressed my condolences over AIM. At least you found most of your ****. Hopefully putting your Wii through evidence won't take too long.

...Though I'm still wondering why they found it at GameStop, a store where the employees would rather die than give you a penny. You said you got your Wii at F.Y.E.'s or something, right? Only way you can get cash at GameStop to my knowledge is turning it something you bought there with the receipt and within 7 days.

Here we can sell Gamestop stuff and have a choose to either get store credit or cash which would mean them taking off 20% of whatever you sold.

Posted by Panic!

[quote=Omni;862410]It happened to me, too. We went on a trip for about 3 days.

They stole:[LIST]
[*]1 original NES console
[*]2 top-loading NES consoles
[*]around 50 NES games
[*]1 Sega Genesis
[*]around 30 Genesis games
[*]2 Game Boy Colors
[*]around 10 Game Boy games
[*]1 N64 console
[*]around 10 N64 games
[*]money and other valuables
[*]tried to steal my father's car, but failed[/LIST]
It was back when I cared more about games.

They also smashed the tank that my turtles were in all over the floor and they died. :(

Anyway, it turned out to be some kids who lived on the other side of our community. They got caught when they tried to sell the games in school.

Kids these days are ****ing retarded.

Posted by Linkman

I'm not really sure what Gamestop gave them for my stuff. I'll find out eventually.

Gamestop will want answers. I'm sure they have some kind of policy on selling stolen items.

Isn't it illegal to knowingly sell stolen items? So gamestop would have to give your stuff up I'd assume.

Posted by Crazy K

Wow dude that sucks bad. I'd go ****ing mad if someone broke into my place and stole a **** load of my stuff. But then again, I live around a bunch of old people, so it's all good.

But yeah good luck at getting the rest of your stuff.

Posted by Ant

wow, pretty gay buddy.

were these people who stole your stuff "friends" of yours? or just some random *******s?

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Isn't it illegal to knowingly sell stolen items? So gamestop would have to give your stuff up I'd assume.

In UK it's illegal to sell stolen items, if you know it's stolen or not.

Posted by Ant

wow, what a magical land this "UK" must be.

...someday...someday.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Retropusso;862425]Kids these days
[quote="Omni"]
[LIST]
[*]1 original NES console
[*]1 Sega Genesis
[*]2 Game Boy Colors
[*]1 N64 console[/LIST]WAY TO READ THE POST

Posted by S

****, sorry Linkman. Post the guy's name and how you know him, ya? Don't think it can hurt for an online community to hate the guy. :D

That actually sounds ****ing retarded Bebop. Ignorance is an excuse in some instances, especially that. Lack of evidence does not mean guilty by any means. Where the hell did intent go? Out the window? Yes, the business should be held accountable for their ignorance but on a moral stand point.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=S

Posted by Speedfreak

Like rape!

Posted by Iris

Maybe they should have to keep the item for a week before they can offer it. If some one one calls in reporting their items stolen they can prove it's theirs and take it back. If they can't within a week then they're dumb/on vacation and have no friends.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: so he will be arrested, and probably put in jail for a long time.

Don't get your hopes up! People have been locked up for a measly five years for murder crimes. Odds our he probably won't even be locked up for a year! Pay a fine, get a slap on da wrist, and walk out a free man, and rob some other video game player!

Posted by Iris

It's nice being optimistic!

Posted by Linkman

Well, there's enough evidence to link him to the one who did it. Did I mention my neighbor's eyewitness claim? At the very least, he's going to small claims court for the cost of the lost items.

And no, Jesse. There was another robbery in our town a few months ago. The person was spotted and proven guilty in days. He's in jail 10 years. If you're convicted of murder, most of the time you get life in prison, and in some states/countries, the death penalty.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Jesse Smith: Don't get your hopes up! People have been locked up for a measly five years for murder crimes. Odds our he probably won't even be locked up for a year! Pay a fine, get a slap on da wrist, and walk out a free man, and rob some other video game player!

But this man clearly was reinacting behavior from the video game Grand Theft Auto so he is a dangerous and derranged criminal who should be locked away forever!

Posted by S

Quoting mis0: But this man clearly was reinacting behavior from the video game Grand Theft Auto so he is a dangerous and derranged criminal who should be locked away forever!

Every joke made in jest of GTA's affect on minor's disposition gives a Jack Thompson clone its wings. Think of the gamers, stop taking the easy way out and come up with new material. Please, if you don't, who will?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: He's in jail 10 years.

Let me correct you, he'll be eligible for parole in two years and end up being released!! Welcome to da real world of da justice system!!

Shoulda killed the guy. Reporters love titles like "BOY KILLS BOY OVER NES"

Posted by mis0

[QUOTE=S

He's practically already disbarred anyways.

Posted by maian

Man, I'm glad I live in a ridiculously secured neighborhood. Highlands Ranch is the fscking biggest sub division in the United States of America. We moved in 11 years or so when not everybody was completely rich. But now, it's pretty dang high class. >_> I kind of enjoy not being one of the rich faggots.

Regardless, even thinking of a robbery here is like "LOL CRIME IN HR? HILARIOUS!" No one even locks their houses or cars here.

But I have had things stolen from me before. Granted, most of them were hardly worth anything but had a lot of sentimental value. I DESPISE thieves, and that must really blow. At least you caught him though. What kind of a retard would try to sell stolen goods at Gamestop. Moreso, what kind of a retard would try to sell anything to Gamestop? Or any game store? Worst investment ever. :cookie:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WHERE IS THE FOLLOW-UP STORY

Posted by Shade

JUSTICE TAKES TIME

Posted by Alastor

Said if he doesn't have his **** by Friday he's going to the state police. He was supposed to have gotten all his crap back from GameStop on Monday.

Posted by Linkman

Finally gave what they managed to recover back today. This was everything except the Wii stand, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and New Super Mario Bros. I do plan on replacing Brawl (not right away though), but my friend code will be no good so if you have me added (for Brawl), might as well delete me. GameStop decided to erase my Wii settings.

I'm pretty ****ed about it, but at the same time, I'm glad I got back what I did.

Posted by Echo

Over last Christmas break my Wii got stolen right out of my apartment. The weird thing is that they just took the system and the cords and one controller, although it was sitting on the stand (which was left) and the shelf right below it had a few hundred dollars worth of games, along with 2 more controllers. They also took the Wavebird receiver which was plugged in, but left the actual Wavebird which was sitting right next to the system.

Being stolen from sucks ***. Good thing you got your stuff back, though. I wound up having to buy a new Wii from one of my friends.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Wow, makes me glad I live in the middle of nowhere. Almost. Probably as a result of my dad's family being robbed at gunpoint as a child.

But we still get stuff stolen from our shed. Countless pieces of equipment such as air compressors and various other power tools over time, but nothing cool like my xbox or tv.

Posted by Xero

Our house was robbed twice back when I was 7 years old. First time, they left will my mother's jewels and stereo system.
The 2nd time, they robbed the 2nd stereo system she bought and hide a couple of things around the house just for the fun of it (I guess). And on both times they came in the house by breaking the padio window while we were gone on a trip.
We moved afterwards and we never got robbed again.

Posted by Klarth

**** sucks. I've never known stealing on a break-into-your-house-and-take-your-stuff scale, but boarding school was a thieves' haven. They refused to give us locks for our lockers, so people constantly had money, food and other belongings taken from their dorms. Turned me into a paranoid mother****er; these days I constantly pat myself down to make sure nothing's missing.

Quoted post: They refused to give us locks for our lockers,

haha, what? What was their logic behind this?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote][COLOR=lime][FONT=verdana]Finally gave what they managed to recover back today. This was everything except the Wii stand, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and New Super Mario Bros. I do plan on replacing Brawl (not right away though), but my friend code will be no good so if you have me added (for Brawl), might as well delete me. GameStop decided to erase my Wii settings.

I'm pretty ****ed about it, but at the same time, I'm glad I got back what I did.[/FONT][/COLOR]They probably erased your settings before realizing it was stolen. They wouldn't want to sell a Wii to someone that might have personal information on it.

The erased it after they realised it was stolen.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Really? Woops, didn't see that. PRETTY GAY

He didn't say that, but that's what I'm saying. I CAN FEEEEEEL IT

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: haha, what? What was their logic behind this?

Locks symobilised rifts in the community. Having my Pok

oooooh boy. That logic is fairly embarrassing.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting The X: They probably erased your settings before realizing it was stolen. They wouldn't want to sell a Wii to someone that might have personal information on it.

That's what I told him. He seemed ****ed, but I told him that they were just doing their jobs and had it erased basically as soon as it came in since they had no way of knowing it was stolen. The GameStops around here have stopped giving cash for stuff as far as I know, though. Probably going to become standard procedure soon.

Oh, he ****ing RAGED when his Wii Remote wasn't working last night.

Chris was like, "IF IT'S BROKEN THE ****ERS CAN PAY FOR ME A NEW ONE, OMG :mad:"
"Sync it."
"RARGH I'M MAD"
"JUST SYNC IT."
"Sync? What?"

...So I had to explain how to sync the Wii Remote to him. Problem solved. Funny how so much anger could be quelled by pressing two buttons at the same time. :cookie:

Jack's boarding school stories never cease to entertain. That reminds me, though, that I have no idea where any of my old Pok

Posted by mis0

Quoting Alastor:
...So I had to explain how to sync the Wii Remote to him. Problem solved. Funny how so much anger could be quelled by pressing two buttons at the same time. :cookie:
(

It would've been funny if he had stomped down to Gamestop and had a fit, just to be hold "hey, you're an idiot sync the controller."

Friends do let friends embarass themselves!

Posted by Alastor

...*** **** it. Such a wasted opportunity.

Posted by Linkman

You're a douche, Dan. lol

Naw, I had no idea you'd have to sync it, but I was looking in the book, so I would have found out on my own.

Posted by Xero

Quoting netman: Locks symobilised rifts in the community.

*slaps forehead*