Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Well, this game ROCKS THE DRAGON. My main party right now is:

Hume Paladin
Hume Ninja
Hume Hunter
Bangaa Defender
Nu Mou Time Mage
Viera Green Mage

And I just got to the point where you meet [spoiler]Vaan[/spoiler] on the airship. Sweeet. 60 quests done, 15 hours total play.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm hesitant about starting because when I do I know I'll be playing it not stop. Plus, I'm thinking of what jobs I want my dudes to be. So far I've heard fighters got a huge buff.

Posted by maian

Shiiiii

I need this game. LOVED FFTA. Too many good games coming out. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;860224]I'm hesitant about starting because when I do I know I'll be playing it not stop. Plus, I'm thinking of what jobs I want my dudes to be. So far I've heard fighters got a huge buff.Oh yeah, I'm training one up right now and he's surpassing some of my guys who are 5 - 10 levels above. The fact you can do insane **** in this game like giving a physical fighter black magick just blows it wide open. My Paladin can dual-wield huge swords because of his past experience as a Ninja, and my Green Mage can heal because she used to be a White Mage. ROCKS!

Ugh, man. Starting it up now. brb in 8 hours

Posted by Slade

I've played for about 4 hours so far. It's so different... my current jobs are decided almost completely by what items I'm able to create at the moment. Super pumped for some extreme job combinations later on.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Best way to get items: become Region Master then start going to auctions. Super-rare loot shows up much earlier that it would in quests or at the bazaar. That's how I got the dual-wield sword and a Strikeback weapon.

Posted by Slade

I haven't gotten to the territorial control part of the game yet. But I'll keep that in mind!

Posted by Zeta

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck they got rid of Morphers.

Posted by Shade

I should really be trying to **** around with jobs more often than I am. Christ, I still have a Black Mage and a White Mage, and I'm at whatever story event happens after you can go to auction houses. Done 45 missions so far.

Still find it ridiculous that enemies are allowed to break laws though. Kinda goes against the whole "to keep order in battle" thing. =/

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Having a BLM and a WHM isn't bad if they're toting abilities from other classes too. A White/Green mage combo is pretty much the ultimate support class.

Posted by Shade

I figure I've got no equip left for my white to learn, so I'm gonna groom him to a be hunter as well and see how that goes.

Only done 5 quests. Had to kill these two bunnies but I didn't read the part where the dude was like TALK TO ME WHEN YOU GOT ENOUGH so I just kept killing bunnies and more and more would appear and I was like "DUDE WHAT THE **** DO I DO THIS GUEST ***** IS GETTING HIS *** KICKED AND I CAN'T FLEE" so I sent my black mage up to him to beat him up or something and I saw the talk command and I was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK and I failed the quest.

Needless to say I said **** this game and turned it off.

But yeah, awesome game so far. As expected.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

hahahaha, oh man. All you had to do was kill two of the yellow bunnies then talk to him.

Yeah, I knew what I had to do. I knew I had to kill two, but I didn't know how to end the quest. I thought maybe I had to kill everything or something to end it but then more came so I thought I had to kill a predetermined number and then I got fed up with it once the guest had like 2 hp.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Okay I'm playing right now, and the most ****ing stupid law ever came into effect - No actions that DON'T consume MP. Needless to say I broke that **** right away with a Buster Sword up the ***.

Also, tip for everyone: As soon as you unlock Negotiation-Teamwork, play the first three trials ASAP. You unlock Bonus AP3, which grants you 90 bonus AP every battle. This means most abilities can be levelled in two battles. Insane.

At least laws aren't hecka gay anymore. From what I remember of FFTA you broke a law and you were ****ed. Now it's just like well whatever that was gay and you continue on. Which is a huge improvement if I remember correct.

Though apparently there's a law where you can't beat up women. GAY

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I've had a law where you can't attack the opposite sex. This was a total ***** because the only girl on my team at the time was a White Mage who had a staff that heals on contact. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Breaking laws is still kinda bad, you lose:
- Revives
- Your privilege
- Rewards

Yeah... from what I read some of the laws are really stupid. Made even worse by that whole oh hey enemies can break laws thing that whoever mentioned. Yet, somehow, they also get KO'd and are protected by the judges. It's like, dude, why do you favour this ****ty clan over mine?

Posted by Shade

WHY DO AUCTION HOUSES LOVE SERPENT STAFFS SO MUCH

And the "You cannot miss" law is the gayest thing ever.

Posted by Zeta

No crits is worse.

"Oh hey, the only enemy left on the field has 5HP. I'll go attack him and finish the mission."
*Crit*
"SON OF A *****!"

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

To be honest, I gave up obeying the laws unless it's really easy. The auction house gives you the most insanely overpowered items that there's no point trying to adhere to YOU MUST MOVE EXACTLY 3 TILES PER TURN in the hope of getting another clock gear.

Posted by Ant

I got it, and played it for an hour a week ago. that's it so far.

not really in an rpg mood :cool:

One of the gayest laws I've run into so far as No dealing damage over 50. All my characters deal damage over fifty all ready. I'm like... how the **** am I supposed to do this? So I just switched out all my weapons for ****tier weapons and tried to use my weakest characters. It worked... but I got some really ****ty items. I was not pleased. So now I ignore them like the X said.

Posted by Shade

But if you ignore them you don't get to abuse the Bonus AP for super quick skill mastering.

Ignore the hard ones rather than work around them I mean. luckily most are pretty simple like DON'T USE FIRE or DON'T RESTORE MP that sorta ****.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The bonus AP becomes less of an issue towards the end of the game, when you aren't receiving items for your classes in quick succession. It's mainly useful for training up lowbies quickly, and you can do that by replaying old quests anyway.

Posted by Shade

WOOOOO! Finally killed Klesta once and for all. Thank. ***.

EDIT: Is there a trick to these dispatch missions? Because I can't seem to pick the right unit. Ever. ;_;

Certain missions require a certain job first of all. Otherwise you want the guy with the most MVPs to be your leader, he should be jumping up and down. The rest should have their hands raised (or at least standing still.) If the character is looking down, don't send him. He can't do the job. So you want your team to look happy/excited, then they'll win.

Posted by Kit

Oh ****, I didn't know this game existed. I liked Advance 1 a lot so I'm definitely getting this. :)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

For dispatches, there's usually a hint in the quest text, too. Ones I know work -

Wanted: Sidekick - Ranger
Wanted: Barmaid - Any Viera
Wanted: Woodcutter - Viking

That's not so much a hint as much as it's flatout telling you a requirement basically. Any time I've ignored a suggestion I end up failing even if my MVP statue is almost full.

Posted by Shade

Green Mage also works for the Wanted:Woodcutter

I really wish you could control Guests. Chocobos are ****ing stupid and get killed to easily.

I honestly don't get the whole guest thing. Often I find, when they attack, they end up going for their back (which is where I want to go) or blocking a bridge or something not letting me get by until the next round. Just let me control them or keep them in a corner or some **** where they won't get in the way.

Posted by Shade

I haven't really minded them until now, when I have to protect some idiot Chocobo on the other side of the map who doesn't know how to run away.