Welcome back 'Lolin!

Posted by Ashen

Yeah, that's right. Sorry I left without a word -- as if anyone remembers me. The last year of high school does that to a person. Plus, I'm not exactly the most... virulent of posters (lol@using virology terms to describe posting). But, it's summer, so, I'm back.

For those of you who don't know, or don't remember, the name's Ashen (both figuratively and literally; still have to phase it in, though -- only one person irl actually calls me that). I'm an 18-year-old... something-to-be-discussed about to go into my freshman year of college with a major in music composition. I'm currently unemployed, since my camp jobs crapped out on me: they "weren't in need of my services." Guess seniority and skill mean nothing to them. Ah well, it's only $800.

Obviously, I'm a rabid gamer, or else I wouldn't be here. Even when I was gone, I kept playing stuff. No, I still haven't beaten Ninja Gaiden. I almost made it to the third boss, but a ****ING BIRD... Yeah, we all know what they do. Scarily enough, it was during a movie in newspaper class that I made it that far. Three cheers for being able to have a laptop in class.

I've got a ton more stuff now, though. Still not really any better at playing stuff, but I'm getting there. Recently purchased Rogue Galaxy, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (I found it in the used bin for $30!), Mega Man X Collection, Mega Man Zero, and Metroid Fusion, and I've been playing all of them (to some extent). I also *ahem* came across about 800 NES games, so... I might be playing some of those for you all. Even though I suck at them. Maybe I'll make a topic with a list and you guys can pick. AND NO, NOT NINJA GAIDEN D:

Anyways, beat me, scold me, chain me to a chair, whatever. It's good to be back, I guess. I'll try to be a little more... post-y? Something like that?

Posted by Iris

Great to have to back. I'm glad it wasn't just a new member fleeing again!

Posted by Dexter

OMIGOSH! I missed you SOOOOO much! ^_^

Posted by Speedfreak

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Did you quit the entire internet for high school?!

Posted by Shade

Makes sense. I probably should have, in retrospect.

Posted by mis0

Quitting the internet isn't a half bad idea, really. VGC will really help prepare you for college, Ashen. Nothing like a little chat with the wonderful folks here to turn your brain to pudding!

Posted by junior senior

who

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Who puts that much time into the internet that they need to quit?

Posted by Iris

The same person who racks up 3 and a half months browsing an internet forum. ;)

Posted by Ant

how long have these "time spend on board" thing been going for? started in 2004 sometime right?

Posted by Iris

I think it may have been 2005 or early 2006. We might've had them in 2004 but I think they got reset.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I know I'm alone for saying this, but I should probably spend less time on the internet.

Welcome back, Ashen.

3 months in 2 to 3 years? WHOA never mind the fact that I don't stay glued to this forum the entire time.

Still, school is what, 10 months? You still got 7 straight months to focus on school work.

Posted by Dexter

Anyone who needs to make a conscious decision to quit the Internet has problems. How much can a little video game forums distract you from your life's goals? Seriously, focus on your priorities and when you want some leisure time come visit us. You need relaxation time. Psychologist would agree, especially during stressful times in life, such as school. When I was in college I would virtually always spend some time in the computer lab browsing the Internets, including VGC. It helped get my mind off my studies long enough to recharge it for my next class or more studies. You don't do good study on study, or at least I don't, so I'm thankful I had tools such as VGC around to make me a highly succesful individual. :cool:

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;859570]Who puts that much time into the internet that they need to quit?

TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND POSTS IN 4 YEARS.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Ashen:
Anyways, beat me, scold me, chain me to a chair

Only if you're a woman.

Quoted post: TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND POSTS IN 4 YEARS.

In three months time. And that's a really easy task to do when you've seen the quality of my posts.

Seriously, just look at my time spent on boards compared to people who are close to or above my time then compare posts. You say that like it's an achievement or something.

Posted by Ashen

Quoting Speedfreak: WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU.

Certainly a fine way to greet someone.

Anyone who thinks I quit the whole Internet for school is thick. I just... did less of it. And didn't think half of you would remember me, even though I remember you. Yay for knowing random people on an Internet forum, eh? Didn't really do much to leave my mark anyways.

@Willis: Thanks for being individualist.

Posted by Ant

yeah don't worry about it. it's all good.

Posted by #061402

Sorry, don't know ya, me being somewhat new and all, but you seem like the kind of person who'd stick around.

Welcome back!

Posted by The Judge

You better be hot.

*Breathes heavily*

This is why we can't have new members.

Posted by The Judge

Ahhh, good times. Anyone reading people's reactions to my comments will realize I'm joking. If they're smart, that is. If they're not, why would we want them here?

At least Roger Smith isn't in the thread.

Posted by Fate

Don't worry, he is.

let's hope so so he can flip out again and I can reban him.

Posted by maian

who are you lol

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Ashen;859675]Certainly a fine way to greet someone.

Likewise, implying that people should know who you are is a fine way announce your return!

Seriously, who the fuck are you?

Posted by Zaith

Well Hi It's alright Speed likes to make everyone feel bad

Posted by WillisGreeny

But it's not too hard to get on his good side. Just tell him how much you love Metal Gear Solid, and you'll both be best buds!

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Zaith;859814]Well Hi It's alright Speed likes to make everyone feel bad

Oh Zaith, don't think I treat everyone like that! It's just for the most special members.

Posted by Zaith

Well Then obviously there are a lot of special members.

Posted by Speedfreak

No, just a few that warrant it very often.

Posted by junior senior

i sort of remember the name

Posted by mis0

Quoting Zaith: Well Then obviously there are a lot of special members.

He's nice, really! :cookie:

Posted by cool gamer dad

yeah man I actually remember you. I remember most of you guys!

wb

Posted by Zaith

Quoting mis0: He's nice, really! :cookie:

seeing is believing

Posted by Ant

I'm this many years old! (how would I show you? ohhhh)

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=cats;859897]yeah man I actually remember you. I remember most of you guys!

wb

What the....who the fuck are you!?

Posted by Shade

Your roommate in the Alzheimer's ward.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's not that I have a bad memory. It's just that so many of you make absolutely no impression on me at all!

cats is the coolest dude here, buddy.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Speedfreak doesn't know anyone who posts outwith General Gaming and the Wii forum.

Posted by Ashen

Quoting The X: Speedfreak doesn't know anyone who posts outwith General Gaming and the Wii forum.

This explains much.

@cats: Good to see I made an impression on at least someone.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;860237]Speedfreak doesn't know anyone who posts outwith General Gaming and the Wii forum.

Haven't seen him in Off Topic, which means I haven't seen him in the top 4 boards!

Posted by Ant

too busy arguing with vampirx about trvial bull**** to notice other people.

Posted by Speedfreak

So it IS the same person? Lol bannage.

what?

Posted by Ant

delayed response much?

this is getting creepy

Posted by WackoHater

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: In three months time. And that's a really easy task to do when you've seen the quality of my posts.

Seriously, just look at my time spent on boards compared to people who are close to or above my time then compare posts. You say that like it's an achievement or something.

I agree with you Vampiro, you are lame man, especially as a moderator, I think you even beat Iris at being a boneheaded mod, but no one other than Poco or JuniorSenior makes worse boring posts than Iris !!!

Maybe you should just stick with playing guitar Vamp !!! :p:

Posted by mis0

I thought we had you quarantined?

Posted by WackoHater

You and Iris = ZE:jesse:RO little girl !!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Quoted post: You are a great member and a respectable moderator Vamp

You are also good at playing guitar Vamp !!!

Oh, thanks, dude

Posted by Speedfreak

This thread is now about Vamp.

Posted by Ant

Welcome back Vampiro!

Posted by Speedfreak

Is it Vampiro like Ventrilo, or is it Vampiro like Vampire-o? Or maybe Vampy-row?

Posted by Stalolin

welcome home vamp

i made hot cocoa would you like some

Posted by Ant

1st one, has to be.

It's Vampiro like Vamp-ear-o. Or Vam-pee-row, whatever is funnier.

THANKS, GUYS!

Posted by Shade

Welcome back man. Those six hours without you here were torture. :(

Posted by Ashen

Yeah, I mean seriously, man. You were gone for so long. And I'm obviously not jumping on the bandwagon after having my thread hijacked; nope, definitely not. :)

You're welcome, by the way.

Posted by Shade

Welcome back Ashen! =D

/rejack

Quoted post: Yeah, I mean seriously, man. You were gone for so long.

I was! A whole two months and then some!

Posted by WackoHater

It was good to see you gone Vamp, now if we could just get J:jesse:DB and Iris to leave we would have it made !!! :p:

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's Vampiro like Vamp-ear-o. Or Vam-pee-row, whatever is funnier.

THANKS, GUYS!

TOO BAD, you'll always be vamp-eye-row to me.

And I remember seeing Ashen around. Good to have you back, buddy! Your super long post was a sight for sore eyes that made them sorer but it made me happy somewhere deep down.

Posted by #061402

Welcome ..back Vampiro? What the heck happened to this thread?

Posted by Shade

Speedy happened.

I happened.

Posted by Corrupt

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: WELCOME BACK VAMPIRO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Posted by WackoHater

Yeah, welcome back Vamp !! Now get out of here and take Iris and Jezzie:jesse:DumbBell with you man !!! :p:

Posted by Iris

Back from vacation, unfortunately.

Posted by Ant

wb iris i missed u lol

Hey, Iris, good to see you back!

Posted by Speedfreak

Fucking women, always attention whoring. Give Vamp his thread back.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Speedfreak: Fucking women, always attention whoring. Give Vamp his thread back.

Correction; give Ashen her thread back.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Ashen is a girl?

Posted by #061402

...Either that or he has a very girly way of posting.

Could be the avatar, too.

Posted by Stalolin

IRIS GET OUT >(

Good to see you back, lolin! We've all missed you!

Posted by Stalolin

GET OUT LOLIN >(

Posted by Corrupt

Welcome back, Corrupt! We all missed you![spoiler]if that's not a lie then i don't know what is[/spoiler]

Posted by WackoHater

Quoting Stalolin: IRIS GET OUT >(

You are loved Iris, it must be due to your censoring content here !!! :rolleyes:

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting WackoHater: You are loved Iris, it must be due to your censoring content here !!! :rolleyes:

er, what are you doing up here!!!! Get back down to your cave, over at Wacko University!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by #061402

This is the most extensive hijack of an introduction thread I've seen in my time here.

Posted by Ashen

Indeed it is, indeed it is. Not much I can do about it, though, eh?

It's lost its charm now anyways

Posted by Ashen

Yeah, I can imagine so.

I LAY YE THREAD TO REST.

*shoots with a magnum*

Posted by Klarth

am i feminine enough yet guys

Posted by Shade

not until you shrink and grow a vagina

Quoted post: 3 months in 2 to 3 years? WHOA never mind the fact that I don't stay glued to this forum the entire time.

Who is this guy?