Diablo III Chat

Posted by WillisGreeny

[URL="http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/"]Official Blizzard Website.[/URL]

I've been excited for this game for a looong time, so no, It's not news to me. Nice to see Blizzard hadn't forgotten about the Diablo series, but some might ask "hasn't their winning formula already been compromised by other companies?", which I say "probably, but oh well!". Looks like they've added a 3D engine, and have integrated more ways for players to interact with enemies and objects than in the previous games, so it shouldn't fail.

HACK & SLASH BABY!!!

[youtube=NQMBIRipp5A]NQMBIRipp5A[/youtube]

Posted by Zaith

I was so happy when I first heard about this ( loved diablo 1&2) but I need to see more of the gameplay to get me excited from what I've seen they have health drops like Marvel:UA instead of potions which sorta disappoints me I don't know I'll have to wait and see

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'll buy it when it comes out, but I wasn't as into Diablo as all of my other friends, so I don't have that nostalgia factor driving me into a frenzy.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Nostalgia goggles all the way for me. Diablo II was the first game that forced me to get a job inorder to pay for updates to my computer. Maaan, those old Pentium IIs were awesome!!!

Posted by odie747

yo i cant wait either y did blizz wait soooooooo long to release this game but they better not screw up a winning formula. in my mind d1+2 were always ahead of their time they paved the way for games like warcraft(i do not play) i hope they dont try to fix something thats not broken and try to out do them selves. i feel as though they need more than 5 characters to play with i hope the fix that in the future also i hope that ppl dont ruin this like d1+2 by ( hacking , boting , beating game starting at lvl 1 by them selves in like 6hrs.).

P.S i hope my cpu can run this and better not be vista only or ill b mad:) 1 more thing havent we killed diablo twice y wont he stay down ?

Posted by Zaith

@odie Most of the people that made diablo left and made Hell Gate: London and Diablo is the manifestation of human fear therefore he can never be truly be destroyed.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Also, he's not exactly mortal. You can't really kill something that never really lived, ya know?

I'm sure Cain will explain everything like he always does.

Posted by S

His Soulstone was destroyed, which should mean he's gone forever. But I'm sure he'll be summoned from Hell again by the Dark Cultists, or something.

Posted by Zaith

I wonder how much after the last game this one is because Cain is still alive

Posted by Borealis

Excited, but it's not like I can't wait. It will be a long while before it's out, anyway.

Posted by Apathetic

CANNOT WAIT. This made me get out my old D2 stuff, to bad I lost my play disc though :(. Anyways cant wait for the amazon class to come out, guided arrow ftw :cool:

Posted by Zaith

I Luckily still have all my original D2 and Ex disc's I love Blizzard I still have my copy of Warcraft 2 and its Ex, Starcraft and its Ex, and Warcraft 3 and it's Ex. The only thing of there's i haven't got is wow.

Posted by WillisGreeny

A friend kept my D2 game, and now I have no idea where he is. Soo, I'm currently downloading D2 from Blizzard Store, and hopefully I'll get selected to be on the beta team! yaaay! one in a million!!! yaaay.

Posted by NikkoFreako

Have you seen the trailers for the gameplay?
Abosultely amazing IMO.
Definitely getting it, even if I need a new computer just for it.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

after years and years of getting let down,
i thought i'd never see this game get released.

when i saw the game play video i about cried. bwahaha

im way excited for this game.

I like how people are signing a petition in hopes that Blizz will get rid of rainbows and lush, green environments. TOO WOW NOT ENOUGH HELL FIRE lol

Posted by WillisGreeny

Have those people ever heard of contrast? Too much hell fire (and I do believe there is such a thing) would be lame. Plus, why the hell would Blizzard put in a Kirby environment for D3?

Posted by Zaith

Well the Game is all about Fighting demons it shouldn't be bright and happy

Bright != happy.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

EVERY ****ING NEXT GEN GAME IS BROWN AND GRIMDARK GRRRR

WHY ISN'T THIS GAME BROWN AND GRIMDARK GRRRR

Posted by WillisGreeny

Rainbows just sound happy to me.

It's funny because Halo is like the brightest, most colourful game out there.

Posted by Zaith

Have you played Katamari Damacy?

I wouldn't call Katamari a next-gen game. The 360 game might as well be the PS2 game.

Posted by Apathetic

The cow portal will save the dark and scary part.

Posted by Zaith

Well you just said game out there and technically even if its craptastic its still next gen

It's not next-gen though. That generally means something in terms of game design. It's just the PS2 game with achievements.

Posted by Zaith

Well what defines to you a next-gen game?

Not the 360's Katamari that's for sure. For a longer explanation: search function. whole thread on this discussion, too lazy

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Zaith;860682]Well what defines to you a next-gen game?

I was about to say just how loaded that question is around here, but Vamp beat me to it.

Posted by Zaith

Well if you could just a quick explanation it would be much appreciated

Posted by linkfreak112

the video was jaw dropping and i cant wait to get it anyone know a release date?

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Official website]
Q: When will diablo III be released

A:
It's too early to estimate Diablo III's release date. As with all Blizzard Entertainment games, our goal is to create a game that is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible. We intend to take as much time developing Diablo III as is necessary to ensure the game meets our own high expectations and those of our players

tl:dr
Not said.

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: EVERY ****ING NEXT GEN GAME IS BROWN AND GRIMDARK GRRRR

WHY ISN'T THIS GAME BROWN AND GRIMDARK GRRRR

[url=http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd238/Zenmenhitei/1d4db098.jpg]This should explain everything.[/url]

Quoting Zaith: Well the Game is all about Fighting demons it shouldn't be bright and happy

Bright atmospheres often help relieve people after having spent fifty hours in a dark and extremely repetitive cavern. I know the only reason I ever managed to play through the first Diablo was to do it fast and relentlessly. Those repetitive levels made me want to scream.

Posted by WillisGreeny

bol

I didn't know that much about rainbows.

Posted by Zaith

@#061402 the only way I was able to play through the Diablo's was by playing it in short bursts, with other games in between.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Diablo 3 looks intense

Posted by linkfreak112

Quoting WillisGreeny: tl:dr
Not said.

bah

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm just the messenger!

Posted by #061402

Quoting Zaith: @#061402 the only way I was able to play through the Diablo's was by playing it in short bursts, with other games in between.

That's another way to go about it, however I am the kind who loses interest if I put one game aside and start playing some other game(s).

Posted by Speedfreak

Watched for about 2 minutes, that was the most boring gameplay video I've ever seen. Watching someone play an RPG is like the least fun ever, especially watching the same attack animation over and over and over.

I'm loving the hardcore Diablo fan reactions, though. It's even worse than all the Celda crap. To a casual observer, ie me, it doesn't look remotely cuddly or WoW-like. Sounds like they're really insecure in their masculinity.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Hi Speedy.

The gameplay vid wasn't really meant for attracting new fans, since a lot of the features the guy went into related heavilly with already having an understanding of the original Diablo games.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah I figured. It was the first video I saw on the Diablo site, though, I'm just laughing at their bad marketing.

Posted by S

It's Blizzard. If the Starcraft junkies don't buy it, the World of Warcraft junkies will. And if the WoW junkes, AND the SC junkies don't buy it, the already frothing at the mouth Diablo community will buy 5 copies alone, just to keep the franchise going. Blizzard doesn't even need a marketing team for this game, or anything related to Starcraft or Warcraft.

Posted by Speedfreak

Starcraft fans will, funnily enough, get Starcraft 2, WoWfags won't see the point in an offline RPG when Wotlk comes out and Diablo fans seem to hate light.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Diablo's appeal doesn't just come from the gothic environment, though I can't imagin a game like it that would be just as good, set in Happy Springs... Occasionally I bump into someone who only plays Starcraft, or only plays WoW, and usually the case for not like any other Blizzard game has to do with it not being their genre of interest. RTS vs H&S vs MMORPG, all have seperate fan basses, with a smaller percentage that likes everything, though the bigger emphasis will have to be the original fan base. Massive randomized levels, extremely eazy controls, and a huge inventory of items to collect was what made me like Diablo II to begin with, but Blizzard will have to do more than that if they want to compete in this day and age. What I believe will seperate Diablo III from Guild Wars and Oblivion will be the eazy controls, aswell as the battles having DMC fluidness. Sure, it'll be eazy as **** to play, but HEY! Hack and slash is in it for the cheap thrills.

Diablo doesn't need marketing at this point. Right now they're trying to get old fans on board. Once it gets closer to the release date, the they'll turn to roping in a new crowd. Makes perfect sense.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Expanding the crowd shouldn't be much of a problem. I went on Battle net just the other day where 2 of the 5 people I talked to said it was their first time playing Diablo. Even to this day, Diablo II still attracts newcomers.

Posted by pink_lycanthrope

Goodness, its been a while since I played D2! Such a timeless game, but it could get VERY repetitive. This one looks to be beautiful and well crafted to the core! I look forward to donning the gear of a barb again.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Necro for me. I enjoy making minions.

Posted by hackett'

haha , seems we are all waiting for it to come , like you said we need more for it to get us excited so far the game looks EHHH ok , i just hope they keep it the way it is and not add alot of stuff on it that will make it less active , by adding gay patches and stuff <3

in all i just cant seem to wait :) :): ): ) :): ):): ) :) : ) :)

Posted by Kyuuketsuki

I'm looking forward to Diablo 3. It looks very promising and hopefully will give MMO's more of an edge. Games have just been copying eachother, etc. I hope Blizzard doesn't screw this up.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Games copying each other is only bad if those doing the copying suck at making games.

If anything, Diablo 3 will take the edge away from MMO's, not add to it. Still premature to say really, considering Blizzard hasn't released much info about how Battle.net will be for Diablo III, but if it's like the old Battle.net from D2, there will just be a 8 player maximum. Hardly massive, which I perferr.

So, judging by the videos and the website, Diablo III will definitely be an improvement.

1. Hot Bar: Replaced the potion Hot bar with a Skillz hot bar, and moved it to the middle.

2. Quick Swap: Added feature with skills bar: quick swap; doable by either pressing tab or using the mouse wheel while mouse hovers over skill.

3. Red Globe Drops: Basically a Megaman/Metroid feature of getting life back now in Diablo 3. Red globes dropped act as an instantantly used potion when you walk through them.

4. Environment Interactive Objects: Break walls, tables, pillars, all inorder to free up paths or strategically attack enemies.

5. Monster Parties: Due to enemy behavior, different combinations create different priorities for the player. Example: kill monsters with most atk, then kill the monster with the most def. However, if monster spawns zombies, kill monster with the most def first. D2 lacked this for most of their hordes, except for shamen, firespitters, and maggots.

6. Ingame cinematics: Bosses will actually have introductions oppose to just there being a sound clip.

Posted by Apathetic

****ing lost my d2 disc, this **** better come out.

Posted by UncleYaris

Quoting Iron Koala: Necro for me. I enjoy making minions.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]5 playable characters, apparently, until the expansion comes out (everyone knows there will be one). Witch doctor and Barbarian are confirmed, and theres another new class. Which means that theres two slots for returning characters. I'm putting my money on the Paladin and the Sorc, since they were extremely popular on D2.

It sucks because I absolutely love necromancers, but I guess that leaves the witch doctor for me.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by WillisGreeny

Necro is a witch doctor with a different name, so I don't see what's there to be upset at.

Posted by S

Wizard is the new class. Which is basically a powered up Sorc.

Posted by UncleYaris

Quoting Iron Koala: Necro is a witch doctor with a different name, so I don't see what's there to be upset at.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]Not upset at all, just that the witch doctor's summons aren't undead or dark; theyre more tribal in nature. which is to be expected, but i really enjoy the legions of the d a m n ed as opposed to this necro/druid hybrid. Again, its a really cool class, but it just lacks a certain darkness. Mind you the overall game lacks it, but nevertheless...[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=S

Posted by scott349

Wow, great game

the vid shows that it is very beautiful

I have played D2 and D1

I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm really liking what I'm seeing for the Wizard spells. Slow Time and Teleport are my two favorites so far.

Posted by WillisGreeny

UPDATE:
-new creature added to the bestiary:
[URL]http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/bestiary/unburied.xml[/URL]

unrelated to D3:
Blizzard Entertainment has released an album having music from earlier games called Echoes-of-War.
[URL]http://www.echoes-of-war.com/[/URL]

Posted by Dr. Rockso

I actually stopped reading those after the dark cultist. I like that screen shot where the screen is just covered with unburied.

Posted by KluE

4 out of 5 classes announced, newest is The Archivist. The last will have to be a non magic based Ranged, so best bet is probably Re-engineered Amazon, probably.

Posted by WillisGreeny

That'd be my bet, aswell.

Posted by Apathetic

amazon ftw

Posted by JRequalize

April Fools!
04-02-2009

New Diablo III Character Class: Meet the Archivist

The Blizzard Entertainment Joke Team will see you again next year. Just kidding -- we're always around waiting to pounce.

Posted by final kaoss

Looks fun... Now if only they would make another Gauntlet game.

Posted by zaxh

hi