Asus 128MB 9550 TD
LG 16X Dual Layer DVD burner
19' Hyundai L90D+ 8ms with DVI
Microsoft Multimedia keyboard and optical mouse
Windows XP Home
For $1713 In australian dollars.

What do you think?

Posted by AMD_FANBOY

Nice new rig :) Later, a hdd upgrade would be good (GAMES TAKE UP ALOT OF SPACE ;), and a new vid card after a while. I think it is very nice. 1024mb ram is perfect for todays needs...games fly with that much! P4 3GHZ is a nice speedy CPU indeed. I am not knowledgeable in aus $, but I still bet it was a good deal. Again nice machine...take care of her :)

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

You got completely ripped off. I could have built that for 800 bucks.

Its an ok setup though. You should upgrade the hard drive by another 120GB, then add a 256MB Graphics card. For a cheap, nice one, i would suggest the Radeon 9550.

I built this for 800 bucks:

Pentium 4 3.0GHz Processor
ASUS P4P800-SE Motherboard
ATI Radeon 9550
1GB PNY PC3200 RAM
Sony DVD-ROM Drive
Sony CD-RW Drive
Western Digital 120GB Hard Drive w/ 8MB Buffer
Windows XP Professional Coporate Edition (doesn't require a CD key, can be installed on up to 200 computers)
21 Trinitron CRT Monitor

And that was for my mom :)

Posted by AMD_FANBOY

My setup in my sig cost me around $650, worth more though. I got the monitors for free (both made in 2000), and the Ram and HD'S for $150! I bought the mobo, cpu, case, in a barebones from a local shop for $345 (And yes I know I could have bought it a little cheaper online.) I got the printer for free also (my uncle hooks me up :)) The ASUS 5200 was $50 (upgrading to a radeon 9700 pro soon) Mouse $15, speakers $30, CD-ROM (not a burner :() was a ripp off...$25! Oh well. My copy of Windows XP Pro was free as well (gift from friend.) Oh yeah sound card $30 @ wal*mart :)! So I lucked out :) Still I do not understand Aus dollars so I cannot judge if he was ripped off. Velvet nightmare, where do you buy your parts? That is a good deal for $800..:)

[QUOTE=AMD_FANBOY]Velvet Nightmare, where do you buy your parts? That is a d

Posted by AMD_FANBOY

Newegg....I should have known! Man they have great prices!!!!!!!

Posted by Trigger

[quote=AMD_FANBOY]...speakers $30...
Even that's expensive for just two standard speakers. Nothing beats having a 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound system connected to your computer, though. I don't think I could ever return to using two standard speakers on a computer (or anything, for that matter). Of course, having 6.1 or 7.1 would be even better.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Windows XP Professional Coporate Edition (doesn't require a CD key, can be installed on up to 200 computers)

Where did you get that from? isn't that like really expensive?

Posted by Arczu

I've seen XP Home retail for $350 base. XP Pro is even more, but I don't know much about the corperate edition...

By itself, it is a decent setup, but if you game, then some tweaks would definately need to be made on those more power-agressive ones.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Higbvuyb]Where did you get that from? isn't that like really expensive?
Pirated would be my first guess.

Posted by AMD_FANBOY

My speakers are not 2 speakers. It is 2.1 and has a subwoofer. 2.1 Always have subs, if not, then 2.0 It works good for what I use it for. 5.1 would be nice, but I have better things to do with my $ then blow my ears out. Klipsch make really kick speakers, almost the best youy can get. Logitech is ok. If you heard my speakers, for $30, you would say "Not to shabby." That's not really expensive for speakers. Maybe in Aus $ it is. But $30 USD for a 26w sub sys, that is not really a bad deal. $30 is not that much money anyhow.

Pirated windows? Coperate Ed. Is expensive indeed. For $800 with that computer, a 21'' sony trinitron crt, and windows coperate, does not seem to fit the bill. I may be wrong though, if so, forgive me :)

Quoting Trigger: Pirated would be my first guess.

My computer teacher let me burn his copy that we use for the new computers we build in class. I just tell him when I use it so we don't get raped by the FBI if there is ever just cause.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=AMD_FANBOY]My speakers are not 2 speakers. It is 2.1 and has a subwoofer.
Sorry for assuming that when you say "speakers $30" that you mean just two speakers, since that's generally the standard for that price.

[quote]2.1 Always have subs, if not, then 2.0
Clearly, since the .1 is handled by the subwoofer since it has the capability of outputting low frequency. What, did you think that the .1 in "5.1", "6.1" and "7.1" meant something different?

[quote]...I have better things to do with my $ then blow my ears out.
The point of having 5.1 is not to "blow your ears out", a surround sound system should be finely tuned so that you have the ability to hear the sound as if it were originating from whatever angle within 360 degrees. The idea is to put you in the actual place, rather than just to create "more loud noise for the hell of it". I think you don't understand, appreciate or value what sound is supposed to do.

Posted by F4Z

Intel pentium 4
2.8GHZ
80 GB 512 MB ram
Direct 3D ati radeon X300 128 MB graphic card