Megaman 9

Posted by Ant

Didn't see this one coming.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/884/884605p1.html

I think it's probably a good idea for them to go 8bit. If not only to keep the file size low, but to keep that classic megaman feel. I'll be buying it, for sure.

Posted by Stalolin

SPLASH WOMAN **** YEAH

Posted by WillisGreeny

**** YEAH!

I'm also going to buy this for sure. My nastalgia fluids are racing like crazy.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]Splash Woman

CAPCOM WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THE NATURAL ORDER

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Strange choice of platform. Wiiware that is.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Eh, they couldn't release it as a sixty bucks disc game, and it would be kinda weird on the Live Marketplace or PSN. Makes sense.

Isn't this just a collection of the levels that never made it into the other games anyway?

Doesn't have to be sixty bucks. Twenty bucks is reasonable and I prefer not having to deal with points and ****.

Posted by Ant

wow. lol. "I'd rather have to put a disk in than download and play the game straight from the system."

Just don't like the experience. It's the buying and using of the points which I'm adverse to. Obviously not the convenience of having it installed on my system.

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting The X: it would be kinda weird on the Live Marketplace or PSN. Makes sense.

How do you figure that?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Most of the 8-bit Mega Man games were on the NES.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Soooo-is capcom going to release the original megaman games for the NES on the VC? That would be cool.

Posted by Speedfreak

Capcom releases 8 Megaman games.
Capcom releases a further 9 billion Megaman games.
But this one is special because it's number is THE MISSING NUMBER.

Posted by Linko_16

[quote]Tornado Man

[quote]Plug Man

STOP STEALING MY IDEAS, CAPCOM, YOU BASTARDS.

I know Beast Man is stupid I don't want to hear it.

EDIT - It just occurred to me that the crossed-out Robot Master in the second drawing was going to be some kind of lava-related one. MORE IDEAS STOLEN.

DOUBLE EDIT - Haha, ZPers are fags. They're whining about it being eight bit.

Posted by S

Minute-Man looks like he came from Beauty and the Beast. Who's stealin' ideas now, Linko-MAN?!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=WillisGreeny;858504]Soooo-is capcom going to release the original megaman games for the NES on the VC? That would be cool.
Some of them are available on Europe's VC.
[quote=Speedfreak;858506]Capcom releases 8 Megaman games.
Capcom releases a further 9 billion Megaman games.
But this one is special because it's number is THE MISSING NUMBER.
It's the ninth in the original series, duh.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;858616]It's the ninth in the original series, duh.

THAT'S WHY IT'S SO AWESOME. IT'S NUMBER NINE.

No, it's awesome because it's what fans want. Not a rehash, not a ****ty 3D game, not a lame spinoff, but something that returns to the roots that we all know and love while being a completely new adventure.

It's what Sonic should be doing.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I sure do miss those old Sonic games, before Amy and all that "let's help the humans" crap. 2d Sonic was supa cool.

As for Megman 9, the original Megman games were VERY different from X, Legends, BattleNetwork, exc. No dashing; no climbin walls; no grids; no 3d graphics; Megaman kicked ***. Rush kicked ***. Dr. Light kicked ***. And Wily kicked double ***. A lunatic that didn't need very much bull **** for how he escapes beats a long drawn out Anime story of robot theology clashing in everywhich way-eeeck, Megaman kept it simple.

Posted by Dexter

I can barely tolerate any of these new Megaman games. This Megaman 9 is exactly what I'd ask for. I got all 6 for regular NES and they're still the best games to ever come out of the series. Those and maybe that soccer game...

Posted by Roger Smith

It's being handled by the team who made MMX.

It's going to be auto win.

Posted by Linko_16

[QUOTE=S

Who said it had to be a grandfather clock?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;858959]No, it's awesome because it's what fans want. Not a rehash

Bol.

Posted by Red

finally a reason for me to use the wii other than Brawl.

Quoted post: Bol.

rehash of recent games. As in the ****ty games.

Posted by Old_Snake

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168479

I wondered why the game would only be making a VC debate, now it seems not to be the case. With this in mind I may check the game out if it's got a decent price

Posted by Ashen

Should be interesting to see what Inti Creates will do with 8-bit Mega Man. If they have wall-sliding, I will send a letter asking the lead designer to marry me.

This is just giving more reasons for me to get a Wii before I get my PSP or 360. Though, to be honest, I'd probably still get my PSP first. Emulation on the road > emulation on the TV.

Posted by Ant

oh, this is coming out on arcade and psn as well. not just wiiware.

Posted by Ashen

Oh, so I could just get my 360. Except certain persons would probably decapitate me because I got a system for Tales of Vesperia and SotN before I got one for Brawl. Yeah... good friends.

Posted by Speedfreak

Xbox 360 D-Pad: Never forget.

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Ant: oh, this is coming out on arcade and psn as well. not just wiiware.

Indeed

Posted by Ant

lol nvm just wiiware again

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Ant: lol nvm just wiiware again

Say wha?

Posted by Ant

capcom accidentally listed it for 360 and ps3 as well as wii on it's e3 listing.

Posted by Old_Snake

Really, where did you hear that from?

Posted by WillisGreeny

[URL]http://kotaku.com/5020955/[/URL]

Posted by Old_Snake

Ah, well that sucks, I hope it sucks, sucks so much balls it chokes

Posted by WillisGreeny

It won't. Sorry.

Man, shame really. Kinda wanted achievements.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG (100)
Beat Air Man last.

Man, there would be a quite a few good achievements.

Plus, it's like, why buy games anymore if people can't see what I'm playing

lol

Posted by WillisGreeny

Just like doing a good deed!

Posted by Pit

Quoting The X: YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG (100)
Beat Air Man last.

*first*
because his song is so radical.

Posted by Pit

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Pit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hUVdA9ABzpg

Wow, awesome.

I always started with Wood Man, then Air Man, then Crash Man, etc. Crash Man was fun to fight with the Buster even if you had his weakness.

Posted by Alastor

http://kotaku.com/5022413/lets-watch-the-first-mega-man-9-footage

Posted by Linko_16

Looks promising! Resembles the classic games very closely.

Man, I didn't even think about the new music. How odd to feel nostalgic and experience something new at the same time.

Part of me is still expecting this to all be some cruel joke.

Yeah, I expected 8-bit music, but it was certainly nice to hear. I really do miss that about old games...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Heh. Started playing 8 again on my Saturn. I won't miss the voice acting, that's for sure.

Posted by Linko_16

It was kinda cool having Robot Masters that spoke, though. It made Sword Man twice as badass.

Posted by Alastor

BASS, WHY MUST WE FIGHT? WE ARE NOT ENEMIES.

Bass as in the fish, not the instrument.

Posted by Zeta

"THAT FELT GOOOOD!"

Silly masochistic GrenadeMan.

Posted by WillisGreeny

X's voice in Megaman X4... Must I say more?

Posted by Zeta

TIME TO GET SERIOUS

Posted by Arcadios

Line I replayed most in my head over and over again from Megaman 8: "FEEL IT"

Posted by Stalolin

I'M CLOWNMAN

WATCH IT

THUNDER CLAW

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

MOMMY

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME

THUNDER CLAW

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

MOMMY

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME

THUNDER CARNIVAL

WATCH IT

WHAT ARE YOU DOIGN

MOMMY

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME

SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS

Posted by Zeta

And that's why ClownMan is the best MM8 boss.

Posted by Alastor

[url=http://kotaku.com/5024083/mega-man-9-is-coming-to-360-ps3]Make up your mind, Capcom.[/url]

Trailer reconfirms MM9 for PS3 and 360, despite Capcom themselves saying it was WiiWare only. Urgh.

Said trailer is in that link, too.

Posted by Minesweeper

*drools*

I love the classic music. I love the classic graphics. I even love that there's classic vanishing blocks in there!!

... Well, maybe not the blocks. <.<;; But so far, looks VERY promising. Now lets see if it lives up to it's hype. -.-;

So, who's that first silhouetted baddie? MerMan? XD

Posted by Zeta

That's no man...
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/splashwoman.png[/IMG]

Posted by Alastor

It's a... space station?

Posted by Linko_16

Capcom always gives their groundbreaking female villain the sissy water element.

Then eventually, we get this crazy b[color=indigo]itc
h:

Just you wait. Mega Man 11 to feature a butch one.
[/color]

Posted by Linko_16

Also, ZP seems to have an article I didn't noticed posted here:

http://kotaku.com/5023198/mega-man-9-cheap-as-10-chips

Only ten bucks for this baby. On WiiWare, anyway.

COME ON ACHIEVEMENTS

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: COME ON ACHIEVEMENTS

Ha. I thought the same, although I'm getting the PS3 version instead. I prefer the DualShock for 2D gaming, and Trophies further validate my purchase.

Oh yes, the xbox d-pad... wonder if arcade sticks would work for this. Otherwise, I'm not sure if I want to suffer through the game using the ****ty d-pad.

Posted by Minesweeper

Whee, spoilerific. =D

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6K-9qjRoRw]MM9 Opening[/url]

xD It's so... so... so CLASSIC! It looks completely perfect. I LOVE it. xD

Here's some stage videos-
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V0tMTIXs9g]Plug Man's Stage[/url] (w/commentary)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyiidU3aYzw]Plug Man's Stage[/url] (w/out commentary)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyiidU3aYzw]Concrete Man's Stage[/url]

There's some in-game screen shots n' links and stuff [url=http://blue-bomber.jvmwriter.org/index.php?title=Main_Page]here[/url] as well.

So the bosses are Magma Man, Galaxy Man, Jewel Man, Concrete Man, Hornet Man, Plug Man, Tornado Man, and Splash Woman.

Posted by Zeta

I like how everyone has been tricked into thinking Light is taking over the world, and the worst he's getting is angry phone calls.

Posted by Minesweeper

I don't think anyone really believes Wily... Or, at least, I hope not... o.O; I mean, he interrupted the news broadcast to say he DIDN'T do it, and promptly asks for money to build MORE robots. Suspicious, anyone? xD

Posted by maian

BOL

Even though it is a downloaded title, that didn't stop Capcom from releasing some good "box art".

Great art, or greatest art?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Ahaha, I love how the entire project is a huge self-parody.

Wow, well done on their part. Makes me wish it wasn't downloadable so I can have that case on my shelf.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I always considered Megaman 1's box art being the best.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://www.destructoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/megaman2box_front.jpg[/IMG]

DR LIGHT... THE TRAITOR

Posted by WillisGreeny

Megaman II is well known for its high resolution lol My, how times have changed.

Look at that laser gun. PEW PEW

Posted by WillisGreeny

No way,
The zapper goes ZAP ZAP.

You're thinking of Megaman's death cry.

[SIZE=7]PEW[/SIZE][SIZE=5]PEW[/SIZE][SIZE=3]PEW[/SIZE] PEW pew

http://kotaku.com/5033038/mega-man-9-to-include-nes-bugs

Man, this is pretty stupid. Yet awesome. Pretty clever move to put bugs into it, actually.

Posted by Ant

What does the "screen flicker" do?

But yeah, the box art and bugs really show the amount of thought they're putting into this game. Too bad they don't do that as much with newer titles.

makes the screen flicker. The image quickly fades in and out very slightly, making it look like it's flickering.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I wonder if we're going to see the tile pallet flicker along the sides of the screen when moving to a new room. Now that would be realistic NES action.

Quoted post: September 22nd will see the game show up via WiiWare, which should make the Weekly Wii Update a little more exciting than usual. Then on the 25th the game will appear on the PlayStation Network. Finally, after weathering nearly a week and a half of insufferable taunting, Xbox 360 owners will be able to download the Xbox Live Arcade version on October 1st. Looks like it's WiiWare for me!

Release dates for the game. Only two days if you're getting it for the wii

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

now i know what to spend my points on!

Waiting to see what the achievements are like and then deciding from there. **** achievements? I'll buy it on PSN.

MM9 achievements:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/mega-man-9/achievements/

Posted by Speedfreak

So I've been playing Megaman 3 on my PC. I owe Capcom the cost of one Megaman game, so I'll probably download it for Wii (fuck the 360 D-Pad, fuck it to hell). Then I'll write to Capcom asking for their forgiveness and if I can play Megaman 9 (not joking).

Posted by Zeta

Emulating the NES game, right? 'Cuz for a second there I thought you meant that *** awful MM3 PC game with Shark Man and Bit Man and stuff.

Quoted post: MM9 achievements:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

PSN HERE I COME

seriously, those are terrible achievements. Wow.

Posted by Ant

Holy *** those are some tough achievements!

I'll probably go with the Wii version. I already have 1900 extra points; finally something to buy on there.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]Peacekeeper
Clear the game by defeating the fewest number of enemies possible.

Conservationist
Clear the game by using the least amount of Weapon Energy possible.

Gee these sure are specific.

Posted by Ant

The "peacekeeper" one is pretty easy to figure out. Only kill the ones where you can't advance without killing them.

As for "Conservationist", not quite sure.

There's probably specific instances where killing enemies and using weapons is unavoidable. There's been a couple similar achievements in other games, and it was stuff like bosses or puzzles where you could only use weapons.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

holy ****, not buying this game

these. these are the worst achievements.

They probably didn't want people buying it for the xbox or something.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Five times in one day? What were they thinking?

They were thinking "Our game is so awesome, some people are going to want to play through it 5 times in one day."

Those are some tough achievements, aye. I may download it on XBLA after I complete it on WiiWare, just to get some of those. I've already got some points to burn for the Wii Shop channel.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting The X: Five times in one day? What were they thinking?

They were thinking of Zeta when making that achievement.

Posted by Zeta

wat

I wonder if MegaMan 9 has sold out yet. *Snicker*

Posted by WillisGreeny

That would be silly :P

Posted by Ant

so uh, I got it today. Pretty fun! Beat Concrete Man, Splash Woman, and Galaxy Man. Of course this is all in the wrong order. And I managed to get to bee guy but couldn't ****ing beat him. and could get all the way through the magmaman stage. **** was too hard/cash. also, the music kicks ***.

Posted by Arcadios

Jewel Man, Plug Man and Splash Woman

Yea, music is pretty kick ***.

Everyone knows Galaxy Man is the best megaman boss.

Posted by Ant

he was really easy.

Posted by Arcadios

Oh yea?

I thought Splash Woman was easy.
Same thing with Jewel Man when you get his movements.
Will do Galaxy Man next.

Posted by Ant

Yeah Splash Woman was pretty easy.

****ing, Jewel Man and Plug Man's stages ****ed me off. And made it to Magma man without the right power up, decided too hard with the buster. Hell, to even get to him had to use a concrete block on the last lava pit before you reach him.

Posted by Ant

Alright, got to the first Wily stage and can't get past the part with the 3 magma lazors. couldn't think of how to get past that ****.

Posted by Ant

spoilers as to get past that part: [spoiler]concrete shot lol[/spoiler]

and now I got all the way to the last boss and couldn't beat his ***. so I went back to get some e-tanks, and now I have to do the whole ****ed wily stages over again. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Posted by Linko_16

Some spoilers on boss strategies may appear below.

So I bought Mega Man IX a few hours ago (I'd have leapt on the **** yesterday, but I was stuck in classes all day) and, although it wasn't really my plan, promptly plowed my way through the entire thing. I guess that's what Mega Man games were originally for, afterall.

I'm so pleased with the lengths they went to to make MMIX resemble the genuine old-school games - enemy styles, level designs, backgrounds, it's all so perfect. I'm not a fan of all the boss designs, but they were all lots of fun to battle against. For about the first five or so, I didn't seem to have any of the weapons the bosses were weak to, so for the remaining bosses I decided to challenge myself by using only my Buster. It wasn't too difficult, but then again, almost none of them have been since Mega Man IV-VI. When I faced them all again in the Wily stages and found their weaknesses there, I felt they did a great job of making creative ways for a certain weapon to be effective - the Plug Ball seeks Tornado Man out as he flies around the stage, the Black Hole Bomb removes Jewel Man's shield, the Tornado Blow extinguishes Magma Man's flame and weakens him, etc. It was all very pleasing.

The easiness of the rest of the game lulled me into a false sense of security, causing me to go up against Wily without any E-Tanks or anything at all. I think the battle I waged against him actually doubled my clear time, but I eventually got him. What the **** was up with that first form? *** ****ed egg toss bull****. And that one attack on his final form where he fires electric bolts along the floor and through the air, there's almost no way at all to avoid it. I thought it was impossible before I found that I could use the Black Hole Bomb to flush them away. Actually, in a miraculous feat, I ran out of Black Hole Bomb when he had only one pixel of health remaining, and he used that attack while he was out of my reach, yet I somehow managed to squeeze in between the falling bolts in that crucial moment for the victory. I'm so proud of myself!

Capcom, the achievements you've cooked up may be ****ed, but the game itself rocks my gay little socks. <3

EDIT - Oh yeah, and the music is really great. I found myself hooked on Tornado Man's theme.

And, since you guys were just talking about it, here's how I would rank boss difficulty, from easiest to hardest:

With the Buster
Galaxy Man
Jewel Man
Splash Woman
Concrete Man
Plug Man
Hornet Man
Tornado Man
Magma Man

With their Weakness
Jewel Man
Galaxy Man
Splash Woman
Magma Man (so much ****ing easier)
Concrete Man
Plug Man
Hornet Man
Tornado Man

The GameBoy games used Roman numerals. The console games used regular numbers.

Posted by Ant

wow, linko sure is a big dummy!

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Prince Shondronai: The GameBoy games used Roman numerals. The console games used regular numbers.

For some reason they changed it for Mega Man VIII. I do not accept this.

Posted by Proto Man

[IMG]http://dorando.emuverse.com/images/rockman-2_00.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://dorando.emuverse.com/images/rockman-3_00.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.jojostation.th.gs/web-j/ojostation/pic/Rockman_4-Aratanaru_Yabou-1.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.jojostation.th.gs/web-j/ojostation/pic/Rockman_5-Blues_No_Wana-1.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.jojostation.th.gs/web-j/ojostation/pic/Rockman_6-Shijou_Saidai_No_Tatakai-1.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.rockmanpm.com/i/original/sfc_rockman7.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.rockmanpm.com/i/original/zzz/rockman8.png[/IMG]

Quoting Linko_16: For some reason they changed it for Mega Man VIII. I do not accept this.

Maybe that's why?

Plus if you compare the American console box art to the American GB box arts, the consoles DO use Arabics, but the GB games use the roman numerals. I believe that is why we use the Arabic/roman numeral differentiation between the two series.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Proto Man;886520]
I believe that is why we use the Arabic/roman numeral differentiation between the two series.

Thanks for reminding me of my calculous homework by using the term differentiate.

I've just beaten all the bosses and am now working my way through wily's castle.

Posted by Linko_16

Hm, I honestly did not know that difference existed between American and Japan Mega Man games. What a weird thing to go and change during translation.

Fair enough, but I'm still attached to the way I was raised on Mega Man, which is American title screens.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Iron Koala: Thanks for reminding me of my calculous homework by using the term differentiate.

lol your welcome.

Quoting Linko_16:
Fair enough, but I'm still attached to the way I was raised on Mega Man, which is American title screens.

Indeed, I prefer roman numerals myself. They are more classy.

Anyways, couple questions about the game:

1. Does Proto Man ever make an appearance?

2. Do you get to charge your Mega Buster?

3. What type of type of Rush abilities do you get? Same old?

Posted by Screenname

I saw the ending to 8 on youtube and it sucked.

I miss the charge up shot in this though. I hate Galaxy Mans design glad I killed him first.

......wait linko is gay?

Huh. I was going by the box art, which is more accurate than those title screens in every way possible, of course.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Proto Man: 1. Does Proto Man ever make an appearance?

2. Do you get to charge your Mega Buster?

3. What type of type of Rush abilities do you get? Same old?

1. He'll be available via download for 200 wii points a little later on.

2. no

3. the spring and jet

Posted by Linko_16

Proto Man does appear during the game briefly, but he doesn't do much.

You also don't get to slide, which I found really annoying.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Ant: 1. He'll be available via download for 200 wii points a little later on.

:eek:

Quoting Linko_16: Proto Man does appear during the game briefly, but he doesn't do much.

You also don't get to slide, which I found really annoying.

Ouch... man they went REALLY old school there.

BUT According to this article [URL="http://www.gamesradar.com/f/mega-man-9-proto-man-dlc-on-the-way/a-20080918175646958001"]here[/URL], Proto Man WILL have these abilities! His shield will also block small blasts. Oh man, I can't wait for this! I believe this is the first time Proto Man is playable since the Arcade games!

Posted by Linko_16

He was playable in Mega Man: Powered Up.

Posted by Speedfreak

WAIT A SECOND.

THERE'S NO SLIDE MOVE?

AH FUCK THIS.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Speedfreak: WAIT A SECOND.

THERE'S NO SLIDE MOVE?

Ahem!

Quoting Proto Man:

BUT According to this article [URL="http://www.gamesradar.com/f/mega-man-9-proto-man-dlc-on-the-way/a-20080918175646958001"]here[/URL], Proto Man WILL have these abilities!

Posted by Speedfreak

Proto Man is totally queer (no offense, Proto Man!). Charge shot blows also.

Posted by Red

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Waiting to see what the achievements are like and then deciding from there. **** achievements? I'll buy it on PSN.

what about PSN trophies? will MM9 have those?
and more importantly, why have you not added my PSN user?

Posted by Linko_16

I've been thinking about it and I'm going to see how far I can get on the Mr. Perfect achievement: winning without taking damage. It's not actually as hard as it sounds for the main levels, since all enemies act in a predictable, repeating pattern and I can just reload my last save if I mess up - I already beat Galaxy Man, and I was doing well on Jewel Man, but the sub-boss gave me some trouble and I got a bit bored with it for the time being. I might quit by the time I get to the Wily stages, though, since, unless I'm mistaken, you can't save in the midst of them and I'd basically have to go through four whole stages and Wily without taking damage. We'll see.

Quoted post: he was really easy.

But awesome as a character

Posted by maian

YEAH SO ANYBODY WANNA SHARE THIS GAME WITH ME ON PS3 LOL

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

no because you're maian

Posted by maian

:cool2:

Posted by Red

Quoting maian: YEAH SO ANYBODY WANNA SHARE THIS GAME WITH ME ON PS3 LOL

what?! you too?

why will no one add me?
am I the only person who feels the need to have everyone he knows with a ps3 on his PS3 friends list?

anyway, I would share it with you, but I no longer trust anyone in this world ever since the few times I've had things stolen because I trusted society enough not to lock **** up.

ie. my bike, my ipod, my cd's.

Posted by maian

What if I swore to only use it the one time to get Mega Man 9 because I do not care whatsoever about taking or abusing anything from a person I don't even know on an online message board? :cookie:

Heck, I'd give my information to you, if it helps. >_> I just want fscking Mega Man 9, but have not the means to pay for it.

Posted by Dexter

Rad. Loving it. They did so many things right with it, it makes me want more. Definitely worth supporting. The difficulty is what really gets me reminiscing.

Posted by Red

Quoting maian: What if I swore to only use it the one time to get Mega Man 9 because I do not care whatsoever about taking or abusing anything from a person I don't even know on an online message board? :cookie:

Heck, I'd give my information to you, if it helps. >_> I just want fscking Mega Man 9, but have not the means to pay for it.

add me. one day if you're on when I am, I'll give u my password and you can take it, you can feel free to also take the millions of rockband songs I stole from my friend.

hell even if you did steal smy account there would have to be SOME way of getting my account back.

Quoting Dexter: Rad. Loving it. They did so many things right with it, it makes me want more. Definitely worth supporting. The difficulty is what really gets me reminiscing.

I do like the whole "8-bit" thing I just think it's kind of weird that MM8 was for PS1, and then 9 which came out many years later could very well be for NES.

it's all good I just would have liked to see what they would have done if they had taken more time and actually made better graphics.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Red: taken more time and actually made better graphics.

you really don't understand why or who this game was made for then do you?

Posted by WillisGreeny

Ok Red, how would you better demonstrate Inafune's intentions with MM9 to be resembeling simplistic-retro-gaming using better graphics? If anything, better graphics would have been the worse thing to do to prove Inafune's theory of the gaming industry being too driven into overcomplicating and graphical intense games.

MM9's graphics are following the Nintendo marketing plan very well, which is lower tiers. LOWER TIERS!!!

Posted by Red

let me elaborate.

what I meant was that although I like the classic feel to it, I would have also liked to see the same graphics that were done for MM8. I'm not saying that it would have been a better decision, I'm just saying I wonder what could have been different about it, because obviously with an improvement of graphics come alot of difference with the actual machanics of the game etc.

Posted by WillisGreeny

You get MM7 and MM8, which weren't that great. The mechanics of the classic games are **** near perfect.

Or just buy Megaman 1 and 2 for the same price as 9. Same thing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I am so thinking about getting MM9 this week. Or Bionic Commando. DECISIONS OH FUUUUCK

I would've liked to see a Rearmed Megaman game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

rebustered*

that sounds pretty gay

rearmoured.

also sounds gay

Posted by WillisGreeny

I like MM9 just the way it is.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, I really didn't put any hopes up for this when I heard about it, but I'm definitely satisfied with the final product. I really wish they'd do more of this type of thing. I'm going to check out Bionic Commando and see what that does for me.

So what order do you guys enjoy defeating the enemies in? I'm still discovering my pattern.

I really hope they DON'T do more of this. I mean, I really liked MM9 and it was nice going back to the 8-bit era, but ****, games have really evolved since then, not just graphics and sound because that's fine, but in terms of gameplay. It's fun as solitary game, but we really don't need any more of these games. One was enough.

Posted by Dexter

It takes me back. Maybe because I'm still one of the few who actually enjoy playing old NES games. I still buy them and have fun with them. The simplicity and nostalgia’s a huge part. This was especially a good idea for the Mega Man series, since their best days were in the NES days, in my opinion.

Posted by maian

Heh, I got it. Thanks, Red.

I like it. :cookie: I should definitely find the ideal order, though. I got to Concrete Man and got raped, so I tried Galaxy Man, and beat him. Too bad his weapon doesn't seem that cool. Then again, I haven't tried it out.

Posted by Red

Quoting maian: Heh, I got it. Thanks, Red.

I like it. :cookie: I should definitely find the ideal order, though. I got to Concrete Man and got raped, so I tried Galaxy Man, and beat him. Too bad his weapon doesn't seem that cool. Then again, I haven't tried it out.

no prob.

werid that you couldn't beat concrete man. he was the first one I beat.
then from there I beat Galaxy man I think, basically I guess what all of the bosses weakneses would be and went in that order. I was only wrong about 1 boss too.

Galaxy man's weapon is one of my favourites. if those sniper joes are ****in you off, just suck 'em up and not worry about spending too much time defeating them.

Posted by maian

Yeah, you can change your password now. :cookie:

idk, I probably could've beaten him if I tried again, but he bested me in two lives, so I just tried a different level.

Posted by Red

you're welcome to take more DLC if you want before I change my password.

and come to think of it, I think I had to use an energy tank when fighting concrete man. I just hated when he shot the blocks at you, it was really annoying to dodge.

Galaxy man was stupid easy, but he was the best boss.

Posted by Ant

concrete man was my first, then I went on to splash woman and galaxy man. from there I tried different ones until I got it right.

Galaxy, Splash and Concrete. Can't remember the order of the rest, but similar to ant. Once I failed at one I moved on.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Jewel man is pretty easy if you can get through his level.

Posted by Ant

one of the harder one's imo.

Posted by maian

Quoting Red: you're welcome to take more DLC if you want before I change my password.

and come to think of it, I think I had to use an energy tank when fighting concrete man. I just hated when he shot the blocks at you, it was really annoying to dodge.

I took Super Stardust, or whatever. :cookie: I didn't know what half the other crap was, and most things that weren't demos or addons were really small in filesize, so I doubted they were actual games LOL. I could be wrong, but I'm content, so you can change it if you wish.

Anyway, I take back anything I said about Galaxy Man's weapon not being awesome. While it's not an ideal weapon to blast through the level with, it's extremely useful for weeding out a ton of enemies on screen, or stupid ones that are hard to reach.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Galaxy's weapon is also great for projectiles that other enemies throw at you, including plasma shots.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Ant: concrete man was my first, then I went on to splash woman and galaxy man. from there I tried different ones until I got it right.

I did Concrete Man and Splash Woman both first also, but I stuck with it until I beat them even though I didn't have their weaknesses. I guess I already said that I beat them all via Buster the first time through.

Quoting Ant: one of the harder one's imo.

Once you get the pattern down he's not so bad. Getting around him is easy, since he jumps when you do, so after that you just have to do your best dodging the jewels when he stops to fire them, and with practice it's not hard to come out on top.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Thinking about buying this, but I've only beaten Mega Man 8 and 2 (with save states) and in the trial it took me quite a few tries to beat the ****ing elephants on Concrete Man's stage

will i get reamed and regret my purchase

Posted by WillisGreeny

You should always considered how much you suck at video games before buying one.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WILL I GET REAMED AND REGRET MY PURCHASE???

Posted by Zeta

Buy Anniversary Collection/emulate and practice the **** up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

beat galaxy man and magma man

**** the rest of these ******s and those ****ing elephants and the magma dragon

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

is it just me or does this game get easier the more you play it

just gotta put a cap in jewel man (**** that rock miniboss) and hornet man now (**** the whole level)

Quoted post: Thinking about buying this, but I've only beaten Mega Man 8 and 2 (with save states) and in the trial it took me quite a few tries to beat the ****ing elephants on Concrete Man's stage

will i get reamed and regret my purchase

Too late now anyways, but the elephants are ridiculously easy and if that's ****ing you up badly, jeeeez

Quoted post: is it just me or does this game get easier the more you play it

You never played a lot of old NES/SNES games, did you?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

yeah it was the last elephant who was ****ing me up, but laser trident fixed that pretty easy

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Prince Shondronai;886671]Huh. I was going by the box art, which is more accurate than those title screens in every way possible, of course.[IMG]http://fleamen.com/images/games/nes/megaman2.jpg[/IMG]

hmmmm yes

Posted by WillisGreeny

I love how Dr. Light looks like a bad guy.

CAUSE HE IS! didn't you play megaman 9?

Posted by WillisGreeny

Megaman 2 and Megaman 9 are the same person!!!

Posted by Dexter

lol.

I still can't make it through those elephants without getting hit. #3 is pure ouch.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting The X: [IMG]http://fleamen.com/images/games/nes/megaman2.jpg[/IMG]

hmmmm yes

[IMG]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/2/563442_58990_front.jpg[/IMG]

INDEED!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Dexter;892432]lol.

I still can't make it through those elephants without getting hit. #3 is pure ouch.i just stayed on the first platform and spammed **** out of laser trident

Posted by Linko_16

I jumped.

Crazy, I know, but try it.

Posted by maian

I mastered the elephants on like, the third try on the demo. ;o

Just hop on the middle platform with the third one, and jump over the ball every time it rolls past.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

HOLY **** GUYS, MINDBLOWING STRATEGY ITT

anyway yeah i'm at wily's castle but i'm too ****ty to survive all four stages without game overing so i'm grinding plug man's stage (300~ screws in a run, w00t)

Posted by WillisGreeny

I grind on Hornet's stage for extra lives.

Posted by Linko_16

I heard a tip to find someplace with enemy dispensers and stand there with Jewel Shield on.

Posted by WillisGreeny

As Bazariah had mentioned.

Posted by Purpose-1

In my opinion, Mega Man 2 is the best Mega Man. Mega Man 9 is ok. I still prefer Mega Man 2. I have recebtly bought Mega Man 9 and I pretty much hate it. The game is too easy. The bosses are way too easy. Also the quality is worse than any other Mega Man game. So as I said, Mega Man 2 is my favorite Mega Man game.

Purpose-1

Posted by WillisGreeny

Nastalgia perhaps? Not sure why someone would hate MM9 for being too easy. I much rather have a game with forgiving level design than extremely unforgiving level design.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Iron Koala: As Bazariah had mentioned.

Oh, I thought I remembered hearing it on /v/ or something. My bad.

Posted by Ant

Quoting The X: anyway yeah i'm at wily's castle but i'm too ****ty to survive all four stages without game overing so i'm grinding plug man's stage (300~ screws in a run, w00t)

what's so hard?

Posted by maian

Just got to the Wily stages. I'LL PROBABLY DIE A LOT LOL

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Ant;892928]what's so hard?there's no one thing, it's just that i have a habit of getting owned by stupid **** like jumping short or getting lava beamed

It was easier than the last bit of Bionic Commando at least.

Posted by Dexter

I've still never gotten by the second elephant without getting hit at least once. :(

Posted by Dexter

OH YEAH!

I just stayed on that screen dancing with that elephant for a good 5 minutes. I just practiced my dodging skills until I mastered it flawlessly. Try dancing with the elephant's ball for 5 minutes without getting hit once! Now there's an achievement!

Actually, it's really easy now. I feel dumb for having so much trouble on it to begin with.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

being ownage at mega man is 50% exploiting the powers, 50% memorizing that **** until it's BURNED INTO YOUR BRAIN

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

okay, so i got to dr wily and game over'd on the second form

**** **** **** **** wily's stage 2 is a ****ing endurance stage i tell you

Posted by Arcadios

Beat it earlier.
Was too lazy to do the whole stage so I planted myself directly under one of the tubes where the float mechs come put and float towards you. Used Jewel Satellite. Watched anime for a good hour. Came back and had 800 screws.
Bought E-Tanks, Lives and everything I needed.

Endurance my ***. I can buy my way to the finish.

Posted by Ant

yeah, the 2nd form is kind of a *****. just use the dog jump and concrete shot the mouth when you land.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

as a matter of principle i haven't been buying E-tanks and ****

Posted by Speedfreak

Am I the only one who plays Megaman only using the powers when it's absolutely necessary? You can do pretty much everything with the buster.

Posted by Zeta

I don't think I've EVER used a RM weapon outside of a boss room in any MM game.

Excluding when you need to use them to get to items and stuff in the stages.

Posted by Dexter

I rarely use them outside boss battles unless it is essential, except in Mega Man 2 using Metal Shot. Best Mega Man weapon ever!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

anyone who doesnt just turn on jewel satellite and cruise through every stage is pretty gay

Posted by maian

I don't get it

how does jewel satellite even work? ;o

Posted by Dexter

I found myself using Jewel Satellite on Plug Man's stage a lot. It helps if you're going after the speed achievement or just want a general win.

And how it works with getting supplies: go to Plug Man's stage and stand under those tubes where the guys come out of and you will continually destroy them while picking up items. You don't even have to supervise.

Posted by maian

Yeah, but what kills the shield? I've barely tried using it, but it always seemed to break after a few hits.

Posted by Dexter

No way. It doesn't break on any of the small, one or two hit machines. It breaks on the bigger machines that take numerous hits. It works wonders for Plug Man's stage.

Posted by Red

the only time I will sue RM weapons outside of bosses is if I don't have the patientce to fight a Sniper Joe (Black Bomb his ***) or if I want to Jewel Satelite those 1 hit-respawners, to refill weapon energy, health, or get bolts.

I find it more fun to buttom mash the mega buster.

Posted by Dexter

Now that I'm trying to get through the game faster, I've found myself using weapons outside of boss battles.

Posted by Speedfreak

Alright, what the hell are these screws I keep hearing about?

Posted by maian

lol

You can pick up screws, which enemies drop, and use them to buy crap in a little shop on the level select. You can purchase extra lives, energy tanks, etc.

Posted by Dexter

They also help with cosplay and hairstyling.

Posted by WillisGreeny

It's not like this is the first Megaman game to use screws...

Quoted post: being ownage at mega man is 50% exploiting the powers, 50% memorizing that **** until it's BURNED INTO YOUR BRAIN

So pretty much like all old games. Just adjust the percentages.

Posted by Breakman

totally replying to this thread ages too late after realizing that it's here and befuddlingly not in the mega man forum itself

mega man 9 rules buy it etc

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

nobody cares about game-specific forums unless it's smash

Posted by YouDontKnow

been playin for a while now....definitely was worth my money

Posted by maian

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/gamingnintendo-news/mega-man-9-housing-a-super-secret/#comments

Apparently Mega Man 9 is housing some sort of super secret? ;| Anybody found this out yet?

Posted by Linko_16

I'd have to hear that from a more reliable source to believe it, and even if it's true, I don't care enough to go "searching." Just wait until it's found to hear about it.