Castlevania fighter

Posted by Zeta

[url=http://kotaku.com/5020097/wii-castlevania-revealed-its-a-fighting-game]What th[/url][url=http://www.jeux-france.com/news28056_castlevania-wii-premieres-images.html]e ****?[/url]

Posted by Ant

why did it have to be a 3D fighter? isn't the market saturated with enough ****ty 3d fighters?

Posted by WillisGreeny

Castlevania for Wii will be a fighting game? hmph.

Posted by Degeneration

Move over, Soul Calibur Legends! There's a new retarded Wii spin-off in town!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: isn't the market saturated with enough ****ty 3d fighters?

Not really. There's not a lot of ongoing 3D fighter series anymore, and even the dead series don't compare to the amount of current and dead 2D fighters.

Though, odd choice to bring a 3D castlevania fighter to the Wii.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Man, this is going to take like a tenth of the development power that an original 3D Castlevania adventure game would need. Plus they can forgo any kind of gameplay balance because we know the controls are just gonna be SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK! SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK! SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK! SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK! SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK! SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK! SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK! SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK!

motion controls are the worst thing to happen to fighters.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Alucard will be top tier if he has the Crissaegrim.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;858410]motion controls are the worst thing to happen to fighters.

DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 SUUUUUUUUUCKED SOOOO MUUUUUCH.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

*Sigh* I suppose the most we can hope for is a tacked-on adventure mode.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Special move predictions? I see HYDRO STORM! on the horizon.

Posted by Speedfreak

F[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck you, Konami. I hope MGS4 f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking bombs and you all gets AIDS and die, and then Treasure buys the rights to Sparkster and actually uses him in a real f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking game, instead of some bulls[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it Track and Field game. I mean what the f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck, he has a Goddamn jetpack and he's running hurdles next to Pyramid Head.

Leon Belmont's will be "Slaying the Darkness." *Snicker* "Where's the Mountain Dew?!"

I hope Reinhardt Schneider's in it. I liked Castlevania 64.

Posted by Zeta

I really don't know what to think about this. I like the idea (especially if Nathan Graves and Death are playable.), but I don't want wagglin' controls for fighters, and the character designs suck. Maria looks ****ing horrible...

Posted by Dexter

Horrible is all I think of. It's like they had a fighting game and decided to simply add a popular series to the mechanics in order to make something out of it.

I think they're just trying to stick it to all the denouncers of Castlevania who constantly say "SAME ****, DIFFERENT TITLE"

Well played, sirs. That'll show 'em.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Should have made a Castlevania FPS set in 2020AD.[spoiler]just kidding[/spoiler]

What was that Wii game with the sword and the guns and ended up sucking? Yeah, that but replace guns with whips.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

RED STEEL

I got to the ridiculous car wash mission then quit.

Haha, yeah that's it. Man, yo know it sucks when you can't even remember the name.

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: Man, this is going to take like a tenth of the development power that an original 3D Castlevania adventure game would need. Plus they can forgo any kind of gameplay balance because we know the controls are just gonna be SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK! SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK! SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK! SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK! SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK! SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK! SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK! SHAKE THE WII REMOTE TO ATTACK!

Sort of like The ***father game.

all wii games*

If Konami's smart (big 'if,' I know), there'll be a GAMECUBE controller option. That way I can use my arcade stick.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Why the **** do you keep typing Gamecube in all caps?

Posted by Speedfreak

In fairness, God of War and Devil May Cry are s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]itty games where you mash one MAYBE TWO buttons until the end, but I guess it's harder to make super flashy animations and let the player pretend they're SUPER AWESOME with motion control.

Quoting The X: Why the **** do you keep typing Gamecube in all caps?

That's technically the way it is spelled. Read some of Nintendo's early press releases from the system's launch. It became a habit to just hold down the shift key whenever I type GAMECUBE. It's uncomfortable not to, now. You know, like when you crack your knuckles on one hand, but not the other, and the other hand just feels weird until you crack those knuckles, too.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;858816]In fairness, G[COLOR=lightgreen]o[/COLOR]d of War and Devil May Cry are s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]itty games where you mash one MAYBE TWO buttons until the end, but I guess it's harder to make super flashy animations and let the player pretend they're SUPER AWESOME with motion control.G[COLOR=Silver]od[/COLOR] of War and Devil May Cry have deep fighting systems beneath the surface, though. Waggling is just plain shallow and lacks any precise technique.

Posted by WillisGreeny

It's not asif you can just stand still and button smash in Devil May Cry to not die (except for maybe the 2nd game) . Learning how to dodge and counter enemies in DmC required some forethought. Also, Grouping together *** of War and DMC shows a lack of respect for DMC. *** of War was ****.

Give Soul Castlevanialibur a chance before you dismiss it as a waggle-fest, at least, is all I'm saying. They might make it a decent fighter with GAMECUBE controls. I wanted a proper new game in the series instead of this as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to let that get in the way of me playing the game anymore than I let the fact that Super Paper Mario isn't an RPG or the fact that FFCC: My Life as a King isn't an action-RPG, or the fact that Dragon Warrior/Final Fantasy Itadaki Street Special is a board game instead of anything else, etc.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;858821]G[COLOR=Silver]od[/COLOR] of War and Devil May Cry have deep fighting systems beneath the surface, though. Waggling is just plain shallow and lacks any precise technique.

A billion moves and a complex scoring system doesn't make a complex fighting system. Not that a complex fighting system is ever desirable anyway. Plus, quick-timer events as part of the main gameplay is automatic fail for anything.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;858836]Not that a complex fighting system is ever desirable anyway.
What?! You'd prefer something shallow? These games have a system in place that allows button hammering to go on, but rewards players who go the extra length and learn how to play properly.
[quote=Speedfreak]Plus, quick-timer events as part of the main gameplay is automatic fail for anything.G[COLOR=Silver]od [/COLOR]of War's the only game of that genre to fall foul of QTEs.

Quoted post: A billion moves and a complex scoring system doesn't make a complex fighting system. Not that a complex fighting system is ever desirable anyway. Plus, quick-timer events as part of the main gameplay is automatic fail for anything.

Haha, wow. DMC has a fairly deep combo-system and anything above the lowest difficulty has enemies actually block/avoid basic moves and combos. That's a good thing. What's stupid is games like that without at least a semi-deep combat system. And or waggle controls.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Also, who doesn't like slashing a monster into the air and then keeping them afloat with bullets? That's always fun.

Posted by Stalolin

so uh e3 trailers up for this, and it kind of looks like a fast paced SC. I'M FAIRLY EXCITED

Yeah, honestly.... it looks at least interesting. Really ugly, yes, and the controls could be awkward, but I like the idea now that I've seen it better.

Posted by Zeta

lol they reused the Dracula X Chronicle voices.

Must...know...more...characters...

The voicing is nice, yeah. I recognize Simon's and Alucard's voices from various animes.

New trailer with a new character revealed:
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21645

Posted by Zeta

Looking kind of Soma there.

Posted by Ant

couldn't really tell if that was soma or not.

It could be him. That Deathnote artist has redesigned some of the characters in wacky ways.

Posted by Zeta

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/dracula_wii/

Behold, shota Eric Lecard and an amazingly non-Ryuk-like Death!

Posted by #061402

Maybe it's just me, but that site won't load..

Ugh. Yeah, Death looks like a Shinigami. Aeon...Aeon...What game was he from, again?

Posted by Zeta

original character do not steal

Posted by Zeta

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41352.html

Okay I don't care whether this game will be a pile of **** or not, I'm getting it.

That trailer certainly makes the game look sexy, that it does. Shanoa rocks.

At least Death looks better than he did in Portrait of Ruin.

Posted by Stalolin

don't tell me i'm the only one who just doesn't get the point of an owl in a staff

It looks ridiculous. Isn't that good enough?

Posted by WillisGreeny

*******it Rowling.

Nintendo Power confirmed Cornell from Legacy of Darkness being in Judgement this month. C'mon Reinhardt!

Apparently it plays abysmally. No surprise there I guess.

I expect it to be a waggle-fest, but I'm inclined to believe that reports of its poor controls are greatly exaggerated. IGA might have left his brain set on Low when he cooked up the concept for this game, but I don't think he'd allow it to be glitchy or anything. I think everything will work correctly within the bounds of the idea he was shooting for. It's just that Castlevania as a fighting game by a man who doesn't like fighting games, and a team that's never made a fighting game before, is a bad idea.

Well, besides people who have got their hands on it, the gameplay videos look pretty... well, not good. Looks downright bad actually. Which is a shame, because I like the concept, I mean, Final Fantasy is doing something similar, but at least that looks decent.

Well, fine, but I wonder if IGA even included any of the Bloody Roar team members, or even people who worked on Rumble Roses. Some people with any fighting game experience who could have told him, "Hey, this works, but don't do this," kind of a thing. The only interviews I've seen with him about this game have him saying "I'm terrible at fighting games, so I decided to make one that I could be good at."

Hopefully Square's included some people with fighting game experience in their Final Fantasy Fighter or it'll just end up being another Ehrgeiz. The days of Tobal No.2 are long since past, and I wonder if anyone who worked on that game is even still at the company.

They should've just made this a Bloody Roar game with Castlevania characters. I would've been pleased with that.