EA Download Manager

Posted by WillisGreeny

So far, I'm not impressed. I bought the Spore Creature game (which is more like an over sized demo to the official game) only to be hung up with some weird error with the download manager. I've sent a message to customer service about the issue 5 hours ago, so I should be hearing from them soon...I hope.

Has anyone else had an issue with the EA Download Manager?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Anything EA seems to be pretty... iffy. Whenever they bring out multiplayer games for example their severs tend to be really unstable. So it's not surprising.

Posted by Skyway

EA are one of the biggest game makers and the biggest Ea guild and the best is "Knights of EA"

Posted by WillisGreeny

...you mean, biggest distributers, right? They just brand ****.

EA's a developer as well as a publisher.

Posted by WillisGreeny

They do develope, but to say they're one of the biggest developers just doesn't do Maxis, Lionhead Studios, and all the other actual comapanies that make the big games justice.

It's like saying Disney is the biggest in computer animation, yet it's Pixar making it possible.

EA develops many of their own games while also owning many other developers. If you're under the EA brand they're EA games, thus making EA one of the biggest developers (by far) no matter which way you cut it.

Also, EA owns Maxis and Lionhead isn't that big of a developer in the grand scheme of things. They're certainly no EA, Nintendo, Ubisoft or Activision that's for sure. Doesn't matter how good their games may be that doesn't equate to big.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I suppose companies that own companies that develop games should be called developers too, though I still think EA's end of development is just funds and distripution. I guess when Bioware comes out with another game we should only thank EA.

Posted by Skyway

EA own a lot of other companies.but ea was a sport maker"games".then they get money so the buysa few small gamers companies and so on.so ea is big because the buys the other game companies...

Posted by WillisGreeny

Making them the biggest game developer owners than anything else.

Quoted post: EA own a lot of other companies.but ea was a sport maker"games".then they get money so the buysa few small gamers companies and so on.so ea is big because the buys the other game companies...

you really gotta learn how to type.

Posted by Skyway

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: you really gotta learn how to type.
I know...