George Carlin's dead

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

his comedy sucked and he sucked.

Posted by Fate

What the hell? I really liked that guy. :/

idk, just didn't like the guy. His comedy was lame and I never saw the appeal. But there was no thread about it so I thought why not. Honest opinion.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

First Richard Jenni, now George Carlin....

Robin Williams had better not be next. >:O

Posted by WillisGreeny

He will be. He's known to copy others.

Posted by Arcadios

in b4 who
who?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Carlin

that guy. You've seen him before. Everyone has.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]What the hell, he's dead? This completely surprised me.

He was a great comedian and an even greater role model. And as far as stand up comedy goes, he was one of the best, probably the best. His peers would agree.[/COLOR]

Posted by bazariah

will this mean that the documented adventures of bill and ted will be erased from history?, i mean he went from in the future back to the 80's to give them the phone box so they could travel.. he cant do that now, thus meaning that he cant give the box to bill and ted, thus meaning those adventures never happened

in all seriousness it's a shame, he wasnt mega great but did have a real funny side on occasion

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Only time I heard of him was in an episode of That 70s Show.

Posted by Bebop

I Youtubed his comedy act. He's ok. No Adam Bloom. Comes off too scripted for me. He might as well just stand there reading from a piece of paper.

Posted by Average n00b

Wow, he wasn't bad but wasn't good, made me giggle once or twice.

Aw well, that's kind of sad.

Posted by Linko_16

His comedy did lead to a supreme court case. That's pretty cash.

Posted by Inferno

Yeah, I never really cared much for his comedy. It just didn't appeal to me for some reason but I still respect him. Rest in peace.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Bebop: I Youtubed his comedy act. He's ok. No Adam Bloom. Comes off too scripted for me. He might as well just stand there reading from a piece of paper.

Youtubed Bloom's comedy act, and I didn't laugh once. Seriously he sucks and you suck for bringing him into this thread.

Posted by Kutlass

that sucks, he is a legend.

stop youtubing in public, perverts

Posted by G-Sides

carlin in the 70s/80s was ****ing hilarious. past 5 years he's just been extremely political with his stand ups with a comedic touch. still a great guy, super intelligent. sad to see him go.

Posted by Speedfreak

I never really enjoy "grumpy old men don't like the modern world" acts. Oh well, sad that he died.

Posted by Iris

What Speedreak said. That's why I hate Lewis Black.

Still, he was pretty influencial.

Posted by Pit

he was pretty funny. people who are stupid usually aren't able to interpret what he's saying, so it figures most of you retards wouldn't understand him.

sad to see him go.

or he's just not funny

Posted by Ant

his role in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back will never be forggoten.

Shining Time Station*

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Pit summed it up. Carlin was a comedic genius and I really enjoyed his wit-mixed-with crudeness. I cannot believe half the people in this thread didn't like him. People mourn Mitch Hedburg (admittedly, funny guy) with his dip****, college humor, and then don't care too much for Carlin? WTF?

Posted by Roger Smith

Oh man, why'd you remind me of Mitch? :(

Quoted post: Pit summed it up. Carlin was a comedic genius and I really enjoyed his wit-mixed-with crudeness. I cannot believe half the people in this thread didn't like him. People mourn Mitch Hedburg (admittedly, funny guy) with his dip****, college humor, and then don't care too much for Carlin? WTF?

Surprisingly, people have different tastes... in humour too! Shocker, I know.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

screw that hippie mantra

Posted by Aioros

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PiZSFIVFiU&eurl=http://www.mickipedia.com/"]The funniest man who ever lived.[/URL]

[COLOR="Yellow"]R.I.P[/COLOR]

Posted by junior senior

bill & ted will never be the same :(

lol, i hope dane cook's next~*

Posted by Roger Smith

Is it strange that the last movie Carlin did is called Happily N'Ever After?

Posted by Skitzo Control

The best? WHAT?! Are you kidding me? His peers would never agree that he was the best stand-up comedian. Most of his peers would probably say Jerry Seinfeld or Bill Cosby was the best.

It's too bad he's dead, but I never realy liked him. I preferred, and always will prefer, mostly clean comedy; Seinfeld, Cosby, Brian Regan, and so forth.

And for those who don't know him, here's a quick Brian Regan clip: [URL]http://youtube.com/watch?v=89frRi8GgGA[/URL]

Posted by WillisGreeny

I rate George Carlin's comedy the same way I rate Albert Brooks. He was funny, but not HAHA funny.

Yeah, he made me go "heh" or "that's pretty clever of you" more than he made me actually laugh. Which is not necessarily a good thing for a comedian.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I'd put Carlin in my top 10 comedians of all time as far as influential, but funny-wise, maybe top 25.

Posted by Slade

I watched his shpeal on death, and I thought to myself that he was clever and a good cynic, but he doesn't really make me laugh. I'll probably watch more later.

anyways, he's probably in hell right now screaming up at us, if that's of any consolation

Posted by Ashen

I cried when I found out.

He's the person who got me into linguistics, with his whole act on words and such. Because he's got a point. Our vernacular is full of fluff words that completely and utterly dilute the meaning of what we're trying to get at. Of course, when you need to be vague or round-about, sure, use them.

Personally, I'd agree that he wasn't "HAHA" funny, but he did have a few little quirps that were funny. Like his act on him being a "picky eater" as a child in "Carlin at Carnegie." I'll always remember the little thing about garbanzo beans.