I'm looking for some good "Achievement-games"

Posted by #061402

Yeah, I got my 360 last week and I'm already a whore for Achievements. I'm slowly adding up some games and I have a few to keep me going for a while, but I REALLY want some long, good games with a lot of Achievements to get. If they're hard to get while not close-to-impossible-hard-to-get, so much the better.

You guys have any ideas for games I might want to consider getting? I'm not much for racing games, Burnout being the exception, and fighting sort of gets too repetitive for me. Adventure, RPG, Horror... That's my cup of tea. But really, I'm open minded and don't mind trying other genres.

The games I've got so far are Dead Rising, Eternal Sonata, Turok, Oblivion, Mass Effect and Bioshock.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

CoD4 has some of the better achievements out there. It's not difficult to get 1000g if you're good enough to stick with Veteran. And even without it you'll get upwards of 800g.

Orange Box is another good game. Portal achievements are fairly easy excluding a couple that are pretty challenging and Half-Life's are simply fun to get.

Dark Sector's are pretty fun to get. They're unlocked through progression more or less, but it's an enjoyable ride and there's a couple freaky parts.

And if you don't mind difficulty, try Ninja Gaiden. You can 700g through a couple playthroughs , or one if you follow a guide for the crystal skulls.

And Lego India Jones seems to be a really fun adventure game with pretty great achievements.

Also, GTAIV and Crackdown. Fun achievements, great action/adventure games.

I could offer more, but I can't think of too many that fit into RPG or Horror.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Halo 3's are really fun and easy to get, and they're a nice mix of progression and unusual feats. All the multiplayer ones are worth 5G, so unless you aim for perfect completion, it's not hard to get upwards of 900. Lego Indiana Jones has great ones too, as has been mentioned.

DO NOT get Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit for the achievements. Great game, but there are three 100G achievements:

- Survive for 100 battles (default)
- Survive for 100 battles (custom)
- Beat every chapter on the hardest difficulty with the best rank

****ing impossible. In survival mode, the last 20 enemies are on the highest difficulty and have more HP than you do, even if you've maxed your recovery. And the hardest difficulty is pretty much input-reading gang rape.

Yeah, Halo 3 is pretty good. Not sure why I left though out. Easy to get 1000g, but pretty **** fun.

Posted by Dexter

Crackdown is one of the most enjoyable games when it comes to achievements. King Kong would be the easiest. If you want to earn achievements while playing online, if you have Live, then the Rainbow Six Vegas games are a good catch.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Avatar's probably the easiest. Or that basketball game that gives you 250G for scoring 5 baskets in a match, then 10, then 15 then 20.

Seems like he wants something somewhat challenging... not just the easiest games out there.

Posted by #061402

I've considered getting Halo 3 and CoD4, but I dunno about Lego Indiana Jones and such. I tend never to buy "movie-games." But, maybe I'll rent it.

But yes, challenging games are always fun. But not the frustrating-challenging, you know, the ones where you get so ****ed off that you throw the controller into the wall?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's hardly a movie game when it's based on a 20 year old franchise. And has Lego.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Rent a couple of the NFL games. You can just press auto play and it'll get all of the achievements for you in like, 20 minutes of sitting there pressing it. Pretty gay, but it'll get you summa them pointz.

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: It's hardly a movie game when it's based on a 20 year old franchise. And has Lego.

Aha, it's not based on the newest movie, then?

Quoting cats: Rent a couple of the NFL games. You can just press auto play and it'll get all of the achievements for you in like, 20 minutes of sitting there pressing it. Pretty gay, but it'll get you summa them pointz.

I ain't doing it for the points! ;) It's more for the bragging rights of having certain Achievements.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Nope. Traveler's Tales wanted to include it, but Lucasfilm cockblocked them. It's only got Raiders, Doom and Crusade.

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: Nope. Traveler's Tales wanted to include it, but Lucasfilm cockblocked them. It's only got Raiders, Doom and Crusade.

Huh, I'll be darned. Maybe I'll look into it, although I don't really enjoy Lego very much now. :P

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

This may sound weird, but it's not that much to do with Lego.

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: This may sound weird, but it's not that much to do with Lego.

Yeah, that did sound weird... Elaborate, please.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k_BlLOcm4s

Here's a review.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting #061402: I ain't doing it for the points! ;) It's more for the bragging rights of having certain Achievements.

oh. well nobody's gonna go into your games list and see what ULTIMATE AWESOME achievements you've achieved. they're gonna look at your points and be all "man this kid is a total badass".

i need to go to sleep

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I do sometimes, but only when comparing games I've actually played.

Though score is definitely more 'WHOOOOOOOOA BADASS' than individual achievements. Nobody seems to care that I beat all the Crackdown time trials on Insane.

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k_BlLOcm4s

Here's a review.

Sort of looks like all the other Lego games...

Quoting cats: oh. well nobody's gonna go into your games list and see what ULTIMATE AWESOME achievements you've achieved. they're gonna look at your points and be all "man this kid is a total badass".

i need to go to sleep

...Touch

Posted by Colonel

Quoting The X: Avatar's probably the easiest. Or that basketball game that gives you 250G for scoring 5 baskets in a match, then 10, then 15 then 20.

Yeah, if you combo an enemy by pressing B six times you get like 500G.

Quoted post: Huh, I'll be darned. Maybe I'll look into it, although I don't really enjoy Lego very much now. :P

Dude, go rent it or something. It's pretty ****ing great and a really well-crafted adventure game. You won't regret it, even if you don't like Indiana Jones or Lego.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Dude, go rent it or something. It's pretty ****ing great and a really well-crafted adventure game. You won't regret it, even if you don't like Indiana Jones or Lego.

Since I don't have my intrawebz plugged into the 360, and I'm much too busy playing Eternal Sonata at the moment, not to mention feeling generally lazy at the moment, uh, is there a demo out for it or something?

Posted by Dexter

I want to go through it in its entirety. It looks smooth and enjoyable. I like both Jones and LEGO too.

Quoted post: Since I don't have my intrawebz plugged into the 360, and I'm much too busy playing Eternal Sonata at the moment, not to mention feeling generally lazy at the moment, uh, is there a demo out for it or something?

Not sure about the demo, but just rent it, dude. It's great.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Not sure about the demo, but just rent it, dude. It's great.

Thought it'd be a better idea to play the demo before I spend money on it. ;)

5 whole bucks.

Posted by Dexter

I usually do demos for games I have no interest in even renting or truly can't wait for the release.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=#061402;855949]Since I don't have my intrawebz plugged into the 360, and I'm much too busy playing Eternal Sonata at the moment, not to mention feeling generally lazy at the moment, uh, is there a demo out for it or something?What's the point in having achievements if you're not online?

Also, there's a PC demo of the first level. You can even play it with a 360 pad!

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, I think my motivation for achievements comes from doing it with friends and comparing.

Yeah... I spend more time than I would've ever guessed looking at what others are playing and what they've unlocked. I mean, it's fun getting them but they lose some of their meaning if you can't compare them with others or put them out to display. It's not even an e-penis thing, it's just part of the charm.

Posted by Dexter

I'm always admiring others. I see someone has a 1000 in Call of Duty 4 or especially 2 and I feel gregariously closer to them.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: 5 whole bucks.

European, here. Costs a ****load more, I'd wager.

Quoting The X: What's the point in having achievements if you're not online?

I'm planning on going online from time to time to update the Achievements, but there's something wrong with the router. I'm guessing I either have to buy another one, or one hell of a long extension cord for the 360. Apparently, only the cable that came along is good enough for the **** thing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The ethernet cable? Naaaah, it takes any old ****.

Posted by Dexter

Ya, sounds like an easy fix to me. You want Live to be ready for you at a moment's notice whenever you get the urge for it.

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: The ethernet cable? Naaaah, it takes any old ****.

Went cranky as hell for me.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Must be the ethernet cable's fault. Seriously, you NEED Live. It's what makes the 360 the 360.

Posted by #061402

But it works for the computer.

Probably a router that isn't compatibly with xbawks or something.

Posted by Colonel

THAT ****ING WIRELESS ADAPTOR COSTS TOO MUCH!

._.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Don't buy it, then. Duhhhrrr.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Colonel: THAT ****ING WIRELESS ADAPTOR COSTS TOO MUCH!

._.

They suck anyway. So, a new router, eh? Know any kind that you know work with the sexbox?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/homenetworking/equipment.htm

Posted by #061402

Quoting The X: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/homenetworking/equipment.htm

...But I've got the D-link DI-524. *** ****it.

Posted by Shade

Wireless Adapter. Only $90 now on Amazon! :D

Since you're playing Eternal Sonata, I assume you like RPG's. In that case, Lost Odyssey is a good game and you'll get at least 750G from completing it.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Shade: Wireless Adapter. Only $90 now on Amazon! :D

Since you're playing Eternal Sonata, I assume you like RPG's. In that case, Lost Odyssey is a good game and you'll get at least 750G from completing it.

Screw Amazon... I ordered a book a month ago, but it hasn't even shipped out yet.

But yeah, I went to a store called Game last week, and I was thinking about buying it when I was there. Didn't really feel like spending $140 on it though, so I think I'll wait until the price goes down.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

$140?! It's on sale here for 20.

Posted by #061402

Oh wait, miscalculated. But it's still a hefty 700 Kronor in stores, or $116.

The cheapest seems to be around $70. Then again, all electronic things are expensive around here.

And all xbox things are even more expensive.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

BECAUSE THEY'RE SO AWESOME

Posted by Shade

$116? That's ridiculous. Every retail store sells the Microsoft one for $100, max.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Shade: $116? That's ridiculous. Every retail store sells the Microsoft one for $100, max.

I'm talking about a game here...

Posted by Shade

I hope that number's not converted to U.S currency, as that would be ridiculous.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Shade: I hope that number's not converted to U.S currency, as that would be ridiculous.

Well, hate to disappoint ya... But it is. A dollar is worth about 6 kronor. 700 kronor divided by 6 equals 116 dollars.

Posted by Shade

Wow, and I thought the value of our currency was low. That's crazy, man. Sorry you have to live with those prices.

Posted by #061402

Yeah, when I think about it, that's one hell of a price for a game.

No game is worth that. lol everywhere but north america

Posted by #061402

Hell no. Luckily, there are always online shops. Got it for $66 though.

Oh yeah, I should probably update my score ASAP...