A deleted thread...

Posted by Fei-on Castor

A while ago, I made a thread asking others a question about myself. It included a poll.

I was curious to find out if most people viewed me in a certain way because an increasing number of people had been telling I was superficial and chauvenistic, so I made a poll asking members if they thought me to be these things. And the thread has been physically removed.

I'm wondering why. I'm not sure what rule I've broken here. I'm not doing this to whine, but I want to know so that I can avoid breaking said rule in the future.

Posted by Iris

When was this?

Depending on the forum the thread was in, the reasons might differ. I'm guessing that it was deleted because it wasn't really on topic, and was probably thought of as a "hey everybody i wanna hear compliments because im insecure" thread. I suppose it could've stayed in a blog, the Community Board, or possibly OT, but it'd still get negative replies considering it's attention whore-ness. It's better off to avoid making threads questioning what people think of you, and to ask these questions privately in private messages. Most likely, it didn't pertain to the forum subject.

Remember, Off Topic and the Community boards aren't questioning how your day was and what people think of you specificly.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

It was in the community board, and I was asking everyone at VGC if they saw me as superficial and chauvenistic because I had been recieving comments on posts, IMs outside of VGC, and even phone calls to my house telling me that I was these things. So I asked the general population of VGC if they felt this way about me. I wasn't asking if they liked me or disliked me, just simply if I was superficial and chauvenistic. You can like a person and still find them to be overly-superficial, which a few people told me in that thread. So I wasn't looking for people to tell me that they liked me. I was just wondering if most people saw me as that type of person.

Posted by Iris

Well, the Community Board is mainly for gatherings of VGC member, asking the general public to fill out forms, vote members into places, and mention absences.

Perhaps it would've sat better with the moderators with a "who's the most superficial/chauvenistic member" thread, rather than "am I superficial and chauvenistic?" :D

Posted by Xenos

Well, I'll request Jesse to look in the Moderator Logs and see what was the deal with that. Though I wouldn't have made a big fuss about it in the first place for reason I'll keep to myself.

Posted by Jesse Smith

One Community Board thread has been deleted in the last few days. And the person to abuse his powers is..... NIGHT OWL! He also deleted 11 COOL threads on the Off-Topic board.

WHY DID YOU MODS VOTE FOR HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE????!!!!!!!!!!! He abuses his powers!!! So yah, Night Owl, odds are you'll never come out of training and NEVER become a REAL admin!!! Have fun being de-admined by Hyper!!!!

Even The Blaziken Master has yet to delete a thread that's not on his blog!!!!!!! Now he knows how to be a good little admin!!! :D:D:D