HD cables

Posted by Red

I've heard that HD cables for the PS3 are necessary for viewing Blu-Ray in it's true form. I've also heard they are expensive.

does anyone know the cheapest place to get them? or if it's even necessary at all.

Posted by Roger Smith

Well...yeah...30 bucks at walmart.

Posted by Red

really? for sure? :-s

someone told me they were like $50-$100

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Pff, HD cables are usually around $20 to $30. The person who said that they were up to $100 was an idiot.

Also, get them. They make a world of difference.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: someone told me they were like $50-$100

Cables come in different prices. Usually the more expensive they are the better the quality. But paying upwards of $100 is really pointless for the average person, even more so if you're not playing on a massive TV.

Posted by Red

I'm playing on about a 53' w/ a decent surround sound system. but I probably will just go for the cheaper cables since it's not a huge deal to me if the quality is HD or even better HD.

Posted by TimeSkipz

I have HD cables, they are those componant(red green blue) cables. Cost me 20 bucks and they work like a charm

Quoted post: I'm playing on about a 53' w/ a decent surround sound system. but I probably will just go for the cheaper cables since it's not a huge deal to me if the quality is HD or even better HD.

Yeah, it just cleans up the signal. So if you don't notice anything as is, you should be okay.

Posted by Degeneration

The HDMI cable that I bought from my local Wal-Mart was a little over $25. The ones without gold-plated connectors are probably even cheaper.

Posted by Red

well, I went to wal-mart the other day and picked up my $35 dollar HDMI cables,

I probably should have checked if I my HD tv even had an HDMI port before I tore open the package and made it "non-refundable" :(. is there anything else I can do to make this work?

Buy a TV with an HDMI port.

Posted by Degeneration

Whoa, 53-inch TV without an HDMI port?

I'm sure there's some kind of tech-geek method to convert one end of the cable to something else. I wouldn't bother with it, though. Stick to component.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Roger Smith;855282]Well...yeah...30 bucks at walmart.

hey asswipe, they go up to 1080i which is HD.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting TimeSkipz: hey asswipe, they go up to 1080i which is HD.

What the **** are you talking about? You bumped a thread just to show how utterly retarded you really are, well done.

Posted by muffla

Red, I made the same mistake, check to see if your tv has a DVI port on it, if it does you can buy a HDMI --> DVI adapter at radioshack, kida expencive at 60 bucks (if i remember right) but its cheaper than getting a new tv

Posted by Red

Quoting muffla: Red, I made the same mistake, check to see if your tv has a DVI port on it, if it does you can buy a HDMI --> DVI adapter at radioshack, kida expencive at 60 bucks (if i remember right) but its cheaper than getting a new tv

yeah I could do that I guess, but I also found out that my surround sound has an HDMI port... so I hooked the HDMI cord up from the PS3 to the surround sound to see if it would do anything...sadly enough I don't think it did.

when it said "an HDMI port has been detected...blah blah blah" it switched over to HD mode I guess and the screen just went blank.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

To fix the blank screen thing, change your PS3 output to a higher resolution.