Wanted: VB Colletors with game boxes!

Posted by UncleBob

Hello!

I'm hoping there's a few Virtual Boy Collectors here who have their game boxes and wouldn't mind helping out.

I frequent a site called TheCoverProject.net. Basically, the site started out as a project to create covers for Game Boy Advance games to fit into DS game cases. From there, it grew to incorporate game covers for virtually every system.

Unfortunately, the site does not currently have a Virtual Boy Section.
No one there seems to have the original boxes for Virtual Boy games.
If you have the boxes and wouldn't mind scanning them in (Front, Back, Spine @ 300DPI or greater), please consider stopping by this thread:
thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=1520.0

Obviously, this won't really help boxed collectors, but for those of us who want something to safely store our Virtual Boy games in, this would be a great help. The games fit into a DS game case, just putting the game in and closing the case (of course, it doesn't fit into any of the grooves, but it fits).

One really nice advantage, even for boxed (unsealed) collectors - Using this method, you could store your VB games in easy to access, hard to damage and awesome to display Plastic Cases and put the cardboard boxes safely away in storage. :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here and I'll try to reply, or stop by TCP and you'll probably get a quicker answer. :)

Just so you have an idea of what I'm talking about, here's some shots of several of my GBA games stores in cases...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/TheUncleBob/toprow.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/TheUncleBob/open.jpg

Posted by Zelda_Guy

How do yo fit GameBoy (Color) games in the DS cases?

Posted by UncleBob

There are two methods.

First, there's the hard method, as shown in the open.jpg. You cut the insides of the case so that the game fits snugly inside.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/TheUncleBob/gbds.jpg

Second, there's the method I started using where you just put the Game Boy/Game Boy Color game in the DS Case and snap it shut. It's not "snug" inside, but when you close the case, it doesn't jiggle around or anything. This is the method I plan to use with Virtual Boy games...