Movies that suck-

Posted by Tyler Durden

Self explanatory:
But, we can go a few ways about this. Either just post a film name, that royally blows. Or, post said former along with a rating to coincide with how much fail it had coming to it. And, if needed; add in any comments towards said film that define your reasons (personal feeling for) towards believing that it was deserving of such a bad mark-up.

I'll allow the next poster the honor of begining this thread-

edit: further discussion on any certain ****ty film is permissible, and NOT considered a derailment of this thread. [spoiler]So eat one, mods![/spoiler]

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Chitty Chitty Bang-Bang
1/5 stars

Posted by Dexter

Chitty Chitty Bang-Bang was a good film to me as a child. Not sure how it would hold up to me now as an adult.

Hollywood Homicide.

Posted by Fate

Day of the Dead. That movie sucked so much I don't want to remember that I watched it.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

"Romeo And Juliet". You know, the one that starred Leonardo DiCaprio and took place today.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Kendra, Warrior Babe: "Romeo And Juliet". You know, the one that starred Leonardo DiCaprio and took place today.

What was wrong with it?

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Bebop;855141]What was wrong with it?

Her poor tastes in film?

Okay, if you don't want to hear other peoples' opinions, why the hell are you on the internet - and secondly why even start this thread?
Its not that I think presenting the story in modern times is a bad idea - that is not at all what I think. The way I remember the film, the dialogue was robotic ((except in the case of DiCaprio, where it was melodramatic and sporradic)), the picture really sucked, and all the characters had the attitudes of video-game NPCs.

Posted by Pit

romeo and juliet did suck. sucked balls.

i thought that movie where all the people couldn't reproduce anymore, had the dude who played alfred in batman. It sucked so much i don't remember the title.

Wasn't the title something like "Son of Man"? Something like that..

Speaking of Batman, the George Clooney Batman kind of sucked. Can't be bothered to remember the name of it, though.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Saw Cloverfield two nights ago. One of the worst movie I've seen. 1/10. I'm glad I didn't go see it in theatres. The whole movie was just four people being really ****en stupid in the decisions they made. I don't even know wtf was the point of throwing a monster in the movie. It didn't add to the movie at all. It just gave people a reason to go see it in theatres out of curiosity. The ending sucked, everything about the movie was horrid. That was two hours of my life I'll never get back.

Posted by Bebop

Garden State

Awful all round

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Pit:
i thought that movie where all the people couldn't reproduce anymore, had the dude who played alfred in batman. It sucked so much i don't remember the title.

You talking about Children Of Men?

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Fate: Day of the Dead. That movie sucked so much I don't want to remember that I watched it.

would that be the 2004 remake or the original? the remake wasnt a patch on the original movie, yet still had plenty of entertaining moments

Quoting Kendra, Warrior Babe: "Romeo And Juliet". You know, the one that starred Leonardo DiCaprio and took place today.

actually it was made in 1996 released in 1997.. so it hardly took place today... [URL="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117509/"]linkage[/URL]

Quoting Kendra, Warrior Babe:

Speaking of Batman, the George Clooney Batman kind of sucked. Can't be bothered to remember the name of it, though.

batman and robin that was.. even though it was cheesy, the acting sucked and the dialogue was poor, it was able to recreate a campy feel from the 60's tv show that was lost in the two tim burton directed movies which went for the grittier darker stylings of the comic book

while on the subject of batman check out the [URL="http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/batman-and-robin"]rifftrax[/URL] for the batman and robin movie
[youtube=w_VuIj6Bfzg]w_VuIj6Bfzg[/youtube]

Posted by Fate

There's a remake on Day of the Dead and I didn't know about it?

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Fate: There's a remake on Day of the Dead and I didn't know about it?

lol it's late over here and i was thinking of dawn..

but hey for future referance [URL="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088993/"]1985[/URL] [URL="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489018/"]2008[/URL]

Posted by Fate

I just read up on that. I totally have to find it. Speaking of Romero, I have to find the comics he did for DC.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Fate: I just read up on that. I totally have to find it. Speaking of Romero, I have to find the comics he did for DC.

that would be [URL="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOE-TAGS-1-6-GEORGE-ROMERO-written-Living-Dead-comic-DC_W0QQitemZ390000051442QQihZ026QQcategoryZ3981QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]toe tags[/URL]

im sure that with a bit of searching you'll be able to find it online to read.. yet if you want a hard copy of it click that link to buy it (not my auction)

Posted by Pit

Quoting Old_Snake: You talking about Children Of Men?

some **** like that. I don't remember if I was high, or drunk, or both, but man did that movie just suck. When I'm 45 minutes in a movie, and I don't know what the **** is going on, I just label it as sucking.

Posted by maian

Ooh, I'm glad somebody already listed Batman and Robin. That one is tied with another movie on my list which is...

xXx 2: State of the Union. LOL

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Kendra, Warrior Babe;855203]Okay, if you don't want to hear other peoples' opinions, why the hell are you on the internet - and secondly why even start this thread?
Its not that I think presenting the story in modern times is a bad idea - that is not at all what I think. The way I remember the film, the dialogue was robotic ((except in the case of DiCaprio, where it was melodramatic and sporradic)), the picture really sucked, and all the characters had the attitudes of video-game NPCs.
Haha-
I was neither for or against your opinion. The film was total trash, as are any revamps of Shakespearian splurge..

[quote=Kendra, Warrior Babe;855208]Speaking of Batman, the George Clooney Batman kind of sucked. Can't be bothered to remember the name of it, though.
The first four Batman flicks all equally sucked balls. Tim Burton is a great **** up for attemtping to recreate the original 40's serials feel, and I can't be ****ed to bother mentioning what crawled up the asses of those other two hack-directors, to coax them into thinking the 60-70's Batman era was good for TEH BIG SCREEN.

[quote=Fate;855243][COLOR=skyblue]There's a remake on Day of the Dead and I didn't know about it?[/COLOR]

Save your time and money, the [URL="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=7523542863272426378"]Day remake[/URL] ****in' blew total ***. The explanation of Bub being a zombie that didn't eat human flesh, nore attack humans; was underthought and just flatout ****ing stupid to the plot..

"Oh zomg I'm a vegatarian zombie with huge hard-on for j000, so don't worry miss nice officer lady, I promise I won't bite off none of yous limbs!!1!1"

Posted by #061402

Transformers. Words can't describe the fail.

Eh, it could of been okay, without Shiah LeBouf, you never know.

Posted by Bebop

The writing was the problem. Not the actors.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Bebop: The writing was the problem. Not the actors.

You think? The actors made me twitch with annoyance. So stereotypical.

Posted by Bebop

Stereotypes come from the writing lol

Posted by Dexter

I enjoyed all the Batman films. Batman Forever and Batman and Robin were such fun films, full of exuberant characters and an amazing use of lights. Sure they were goofy but I'm OK with Batman not being utterly serious all the time. Why so serious?

Posted by bazariah

Quoting #061402: Transformers. Words can't describe the fail.

i do hope you mean the 2007 live action version...

if you mean the 1986 animated i dont think we could ever be friends

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=bazariah;855482]i do hope you mean the 2007 live action version...

if you mean the 1986 animated i dont think we could ever be friends

Someone'd have to be a complete ******* to attack the 86' Transformers film. Orson Welles was in that ****!

Unicron ftw-

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Tyler Durden;855298]

Save your time and money, the [URL="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=7523542863272426378"]Day remake[/URL] ****in' blew total ***. The explanation of Bub being a zombie that didn't eat human flesh, nore attack humans; was underthought and just flatout ****ing stupid to the plot..

"Oh zomg I'm a vegatarian zombie with huge hard-on for j000, so don't worry miss nice officer lady, I promise I won't bite off none of yous limbs!!1!1"

Crappy acting didn't help either. It's not that I think acting is entirely critical to a zombie movie, just that the characters shouldn't be so unbelievable that it makes me hate myself for watching them.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=WillisGreeny;855578]Crappy acting didn't help either. It's not that I think acting is entirely critical to a zombie movie, just that the characters shouldn't be so unbelievable that it makes me hate myself for watching them.

**** all, if that wasn't another major player against my entertainment with this flick. After watching it in it's entire horridness, I'd rather fap to Milla Jovovich-

with a hammer.

Ving Rhames had to of been thee lamest zombification effort in acting I have ever witnessed. The whole sequence just seemed to play on Terminator 1's endoskeleton/factory chase scene..

0.0/10

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

The Happening
Vantage Point
The Royal Tenenbaums (howeverthe****youspellit)
Alexander
none else REALLY ****ed me off enough to list

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Bj Blaskowitz;855599]The Happening
Vantage Point
The Royal Tenenbaums (howeverthe****youspellit)
Alexander
none else REALLY ****ed me off enough to list

Yeah, I only found Gene Hackman's character somewhat enjoyable in TRT. Such a thoughtless, selfish prick..

Posted by Bebop

TRT is a good flick, but not Andersons best (Life Aquatic yo). You people need to start getting better tastes in films.

Posted by Ant

any movie that has a black guy as president.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Ant: any movie that has a black guy as president.

Soon to be real life!

Posted by Bender

Meet The Spartans... oh my days that was an awful film

Posted by Average n00b

The 1998 Romeo and Juliet one I completely agree with, Shakespeare was probably rolling in his grave.

Also, all the
Scary Movies,
Epic Movie,
Meet the Spartans,
the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, etc.

Oh, and most movies with Jim Carrey in it. I hate that man. :(

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Bebop: TRT is a good flick, but not Andersons best (Life Aquatic yo). You people need to start getting better tastes in films.

I hate how people always make some remark about "taste" or "class" when someone doesn't like some ****ty, dry-humor movie. TRT SUCKED. It was BORING and NOT funny and . . AND PENIS

Posted by maian

My favorite thing is when people remark about not having taste when I say Billy Madison was a crappy movie. :cookie:

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I hate how people always make some remark about "taste" or "class" when someone doesn't like some ****ty, dry-humor movie. TRT SUCKED. It was BORING and NOT funny and . . AND PENIS

It didn't suck. You suck.

Yo mama.

Seriously is there any real point of this thread? We all know which films are obviously bad (Epic Movie, Uwe Boll, Adam Sandler movies) and it's inevitable going to branch into people discussing a certain film, where it will inevitable we chained off into a sepearate thread. Let's close this thread, cut out the middle man and just start threads about movies as the board intended.

Also, Falling Down.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

Quoting Bebop: It didn't suck. You suck.

Also, Falling Down.

falling down was not a bad movie. it had a good story about a crazed and deranged man, and douglas was great in that movie........i have have not seen TRT but after you mentioning that falling down was a bad movie. i am going to assume that TRT is a bad movie.....

Posted by Bebop

Falling Down started off as a black comedy and decided to become tense politcal comment thriller in the last 10 mintutes. Also the writer relied too heavily on stereotypes which Schumacher was too eager to play out. Everyone except Douglas acted poorly and the shots were just BAD. They didn't seem to have really bothered with compostion. Dull to look at and dull underneath.

EDIT: Happy Gillmore. The only comedy without a single joke in it.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=Bebop;856419]

Happy Gillmore was meant for theaters because the punch line was how you had actually paid to see Adam Sandler perform in a badly written movie.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

Quoting Bebop: Falling Down started off as a black comedy and decided to become tense politcal comment thriller in the last 10 mintutes. Also the writer relied too heavily on stereotypes which Schumacher was too eager to play out. Everyone except Douglas acted poorly and the shots were just BAD. They didn't seem to have really bothered with compostion. Dull to look at and dull underneath.

i dont think its that necessary to classify falling down as a "bad" movie. i can see where youre coming from by your comments to the movie. i do believe we all have ideas that roam around our head about what would make particular films from ok to very good. one movie that im very disappointed about what hollywood spoon feeds to us was NATIONAL TREASURE 2. when the movie was over i had a hard time imagining what type of person would actually accept this as a really good movie........

Posted by The Judge

The Village was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Posted by Fate

THE VILLAGE! THE VILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!

Posted by Zaith

Plan 9 from outer space you have to see it to understand.
X2
Spidey 3

Posted by Tyler Durden

Plan 9 was WAAAAAY better than Signs..
(I figured, since we're on the subject of hatin' on M. Night Shyamalan.. )

Edit: Zaith, stop naming all the dead-givens.

[quote=S0LID 5NAKE;856624]NATIONAL TREASURE 2. when the movie was over i had a hard time imagining what type of person would actually accept this as a really good movie........

Conservatives, simply Conservatives.. that and Republicans.

Posted by Zaith

wait how was Plan 9 by a good movie while Signs sucked and made no sense the only good thing about plan 9 is the dvd joke commentary

Posted by Tyler Durden

Shhh you, and go back to watching whatever crap-it-is that 16 year olds watch.

For the time period, Plan 9 was somewhat a marvel. All the drama and troubles Ed Wood had to undergo to get it produced. Being produced in a time when Universal's Monsters were out, and big cheesey Ray Harryhausen-esque creatures were in-ruling the big screens. To sum up this b/s, it has a good cult following. And sometimes, a solid cult following is all a bad movie needs to be considered even moderately"good".

Signs, like all or most of M. Night's films-
is total ****ing bull****! That whore stole the water idea from WoO..

Posted by Zaith

The water weakness is stupid because A.Humans are 98 percent water touching us would kill it and B. The Earths atmosphere constantly has water vapor in it thus Alien Death.

Posted by Zaith

and for you information my age has nothing to do with what i watch I hate most of the crap that comes out now adays I like films of the 70's and 80's better

Posted by Tyler Durden

I live, breathe, and eat films. I have a collection ranging from the early silent film era (reel-to reel), up into the DVD age.. Personally, every film ever made sucks. Having a standard like that is accepting that in some way, shape or form; another film is going to come along in the near/future and make previous (likable) flicks seem sub-par or just total ****.

Posted by Zaith

Die Hard, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars Episode IV-VI, are just a few examples of movies that will never suck no matter what comes after them.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I have to agree with you, so long as I watch them when they ONLY air on television. I can still see myself enjoying them. But owning them, I have to pass. Classics only engage nostalgia when I spend time away from them.

Posted by Zaith

yeah but watching anything to much to often makes it sorta boring

Posted by Tyler Durden

That's the gist of my last post..

Posted by Zaith

Well its called agreeing

Posted by Tyler Durden

Not when you use the word "but" in conjunction with your statement. Throws whatever context you were aiming for out the window. Gotta be wary of that word..

But, sure-
agreed.

Posted by Zaith

you realize we have been arguing across 3 posts and this is the first thing we've agreed on

Posted by Tyler Durden

And-

V For Vendetta mildly sucked, only because they reworked the themes to keep it with the times..

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=S0LID 5NAKE;856624]i dont think its that necessary to classify falling down as a "bad" movie.

I don't think it's that necessary to classify 'Falling Down' as anything above 'steaming dog turd'.

[quote]i do believe we all have ideas that roam around our head about what would make particular films from ok to very good.

You mean opinions?

Anyway lock this thread. It's already shaking on the tracks.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Lock Bebop from this thread..

And change HIS username to "Falling Down".

Posted by Bebop

Congrats on proving my point.

Posted by WillisGreeny

In b4 lock.

The Mask 2
obvious reasons.

Appleseed
Even though I really liked the fighting scenes, it doesn't excuse the really stupid drama sections. If you're going to kill off a character, then ****it, KILL THEM OFF. The scene right before the climax was poorly explained. That whole "revealing" scene was completely contrary to the rules that were set... A twist doesn't mean "Hey! guess what! I know we explained how none of these things could ever possibly happen, and use this premise for how characters started trusting other characters, but just to have some bad guys, we've decided none of that mattered at all." What a ****ing disapointment.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Bebop;857182]Congrats on proving my point.
This thread has loads of potential-
so much as you stay the hell out of it, or start participating without being a fascist about it.

Naming a whole slew of films that suck, just because they star a certain actor/s doesn't really follow along with the format. I plainly stated that you must select a film (or a few films) and post it/each with your opinion or rating and any relevant comments as to why it was so terrible.

So unless you're going to begin knocking off each Adam Sandler flick accordingly, instead of being lazy about. Shut the **** up. [spoiler]I just downloaded The Dark Knight, again BB..[/spoiler]

Posted by Bebop

This thread will evolve into arguments over films and pointless one line posts(which will eventually be split) which has already occured. Courtesy of yourself. Nice job.

Also I'm sticking to the conditions of the thread alot more than some members who have posted here so quit yet *****ing.

Comedic rule of 3 get? You need to chill. Don't take a tounge in cheek statement generalising Adam Sandler flicks so overtly. You'll give yourself a heart attack.