PS3 or Xbox360

Posted by Colonel

I'm so confused right now. I recently got a part-time job and I'm saving up for a new video gaming consol. Since I already have a Wii it obviously has to be one of the others. PS3 or Xbox360 Elite. I don't know which one to choose.

PS3 will come out to be cheaper if I buy the Metal Gear Solid 4 package. I wouldn't need to buy the $100 wifi connector and I wouldn't have to pay for online like I would for Xbox. The games I want are out for both consols, so games isn't really an issue. I'd also get Blu-ray with a PS3 and I'm excited for Home. If I got an Xbox360 there is always the risk of it breaking down and I don't want that to happen. The reason I would want an Xbox over a PS3 is mainly because of the online and nothing else. I'm not much of an Achievement Hunter.

I'm not tring to start a consol war, I just need help because I am frustrated.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: The games I want are out for both consols, so games isn't really an issue.

The games that are out on both consoles are actually noticeably better on the 360.

But as of right now, I'd have to go with the 360, buddy. The PS3 will take off in a couple years, just right now isn't its time. Whereas the 360 has a pretty massive library right now with solid online, the PS3 is sorta lacking and online is surprisingly spotty.

As for the Xbox breaking down, that's pretty much fixed! New chips came out awhile ago that make it run a lot cooler, thus drastically reducing the chances or rrod. Plus, the new drives are longer lasting and much more quiet.

So yeah, if you can't wait for the PS3 to take off I'd get a 360 and you'll then have a year or so to save up for a PS3.

Oh, and don't bother with an Elite. More money for not that much difference. Just get a regular one, dude. Still comes with an HDMI port and you don't need 120 gigs of space.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: ... Plus, the new drives are longer lasting and much more quiet.

Oh man, the Elite ain't all that quiet. Compared to a Wii or a Gamecube, it makes quite a ruckus.

Not really the annoying kind of ruckus, and maybe it just takes some getting used to, but you'll know it's there. I just got my Elite a few days ago, and it was a little expensive, yes, but it looks nice and a got a free month's subscription to Live.

But, really, I'd say the Elite is just for people who.. well, want to feel "Elite." I got it because the store were out of the original one. If Vamp is right and there are no real differences, I'd just go for a regular 360. I'm not much a fan of the Sony consoles, and if there is ever a game I want to play I usually just borrow it from a friend or so. But you could do the same thing with a 360.

The choice is yours, in the end.

Quoted post: Oh man, the Elite ain't all that quiet. Compared to a Wii or a Gamecube, it makes quite a ruckus.

Well, much more quite compared to the first-gen drives obviously.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Get a PS3 it still has all of the great games that 360 has (CoD4 and GTA4) plus you've got Metal Gear Solid 4!

Posted by Speedfreak

I figure it hinges on how much you like Gran Turismo and MGS. There's a difference in graphics to 360, but you'd have to be a complete faggot for it to affect your decision for the majority of games (though there are a few early games that look terrible on PS3). PS3 will probably be a wiser investment in the long run, it'll probably overtake 360 and get more dev support.

Posted by Colonel

hmmm, I still can't deside.
Here's the thing though, if i get a PS3 I wont be getting Xbox360 and vice versa.

This is a huge deal for me.

Why can't you get a PS3 further down the road? That thing has to have a long life-cycle.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Get a 360 now and get the PS3 later. You'll be satisfied with what the 360 offers, and you should wait on the PS3. You don't need an Elite, really. It's just more money for more space and the 360 games don't take up that much space, at all! I have 10 gigs of space, i've played a wide variety of games, downloaded sh

Posted by Unite

Since u have a job buy both

Tales of Vesperia coming out for the xbox in the fall
PS3 has msg4 which is goty

little surprised by what speedfreak said.

Quoted post: There's a difference in graphics to 360, but you'd have to be a complete faggot for it to affect your decision for the majority of games

Only difference I really notice is one is usually darker than the other and certain games have different shades or tones for one colour or another.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Speedfreak: I figure it hinges on how much you like Gran Turismo and MGS. There's a difference in graphics to 360, but you'd have to be a complete faggot for it to affect your decision for the majority of games (though there are a few early games that look terrible on PS3). PS3 will probably be a wiser investment in the long run, it'll probably overtake 360 and get more dev support.

100% agreed.

I bought my PS3 because I love Gran Turismo and I like MGS. For the multi-platform games, there isn't much of a difference between the gameplay on eitherof the consoles, but the 360 is probably the favorable choice because of the solid Live network. Really, it comes down to which exlcusives you prefer: MGS4 and GT5, or Halo 3, Gears of War, etc.

Posted by Shevanel

Apples are so much better than oranges.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Why can't you get a PS3 further down the road? That thing has to have a long life-cycle.

My parents will kill me, their already ****ed that i'm goign to be owning two consols.

Quoting Aeroshadow5098: Get a 360 now and get a PS3 later

I can't. It's one or the other.

Quoting Shevalel: Apples are soo much better than oranges

I disagree.

EDIT: I've decided on an Xbox360 Original.

Quoted post: My parents will kill me, their already ****ed that i'm goign to be owning two consols.

Sell the wii then.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Sell the wii then.

Never. If you knew me in real life you'd understand that that will never ever happen. EVER!

sell it for 600 bucks and buy a PS3 and another Wii with it.

Posted by Colonel

Today I went to Zeller's and baught an Xbox360 as well as Grand Theft Auto 4.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Colonel: Today I went to Zeller's and baught an Xbox360 as well as Grand Theft Auto 4.

but.. you're only sixteen.. they sold you a game which has an M rating (17+).. thats illegal:-D

Posted by Colonel

My mother was with me.

Call of Duty 4 next.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Colonel: My mother was with me.

Let's just hope she doesn't decide to go in and change the family settings so that you can't play it unless she's around!

Hey, what kind of games do you like anyway?

Posted by Colonel

No my mom is not that kind of mom. She doesn't care!

I like all types of games.

I'm definatly getting Call of Duty 4 next

Posted by #061402

I'd recommend Dead Rising, that's awesome. Eternal Sonata and Mass Effect are pretty swell, if you like RPG's. Um... Turok was pretty sweet, too.

Oblivion and Ninja Gaiden 2

Posted by TimeSkipz

I would recommend........Metal Gear Solahhh nevermind

Posted by Colonel

Umm actually, my next purchase relating to my xbox will be a WiFi Adaptor, those things are f**kin' expensive.

EDIT: Any tips on preventing my Xbox from the RROD

Posted by Shade

Vertical.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;854906]Only difference I really notice is one is usually darker than the other and certain games have different shades or tones for one colour or another.

Yeah. Sometimes they have to drop the resolution for the PS3 version, not that that should matter, what with a million 360 games failing to meet the "mandatory" 720p standard. The washed-out colour on PS3 I don't understand, it must be something really fundamental in the graphics hardware that makes it looks different. Sometimes it works for PS3 (Forza looking like a cartoon compared to GT), sometimes it doesn't (MGS4 being officially the dullest looking game the world has ever seen).

Quoted post: EDIT: Any tips on preventing my Xbox from the RROD

Won't happen. They run a ton cooler now. But it's an electronic, so just don't so something stupid like putting something that generates heat on a carpet or in an enclosed area without any ventilation.

Quoted post: (MGS4 being officially the dullest looking game the world has ever seen).

idk, looks pretty sharp to me.

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: idk, looks pretty sharp to me.

Seconded

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Won't happen. They run a ton cooler now. But it's an electronic, so just don't so something stupid like putting something that generates heat on a carpet or in an enclosed area without any ventilation.

I keep my 360 on a shelf that is about 1 meter off the ground, and it is right beside my 32" TV, all of this is in my basement and it's always cold down there, even in the summer.

Should be more than fine

Posted by Ant

Wait, they aren't wifi enabled? gaaaaaaaaay.

You need an adapter.

Posted by Ant

that's stupid. I'm not getting one now.

you were just looking for an excuse

And it's wired out of the box because wireless for internet gaming is a bad idea. lol wii

Posted by Zaith

I have to say good choice with the 360 not that there is anything wrong with the ps3 I just happen to not be that much into msg or grand trismo or even final fantasy. 360 few recemends Oblvion Halo3 The orange box, Dynasty warriors 6, Gears of war (The first game I ever played on the 360 and possible still one of my favorites) Cod4 R6 vegas 1 and 2 and I've had mine for a few months and have had no problems with the RROD but I know my friend who bought one of the original first shipment 360s just got it but thanks to me fixed it.

Posted by Colonel

The one game I will never buy is Halo 3.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Speedfreak: (MGS4 being officially the dullest looking game the world has ever seen).

I didn't know there was an official panel of people who voted on what video game was the dullest looking the world has ever seen. Source?

Speedy knows all. Do not question him.

Posted by Zaith

Why would you not buy halo 3 after playing call4 vegas 1 and 2 and a few others its the game me and my friends always flock back to but that could be because of our history with the franchise and that we pretty much only play with friends

Some people don't like Halo 3. Surprise.

Posted by Zaith

well I'm just saying give it a chance why would you shut a game down without first trying it out

Everyone's tried Halo.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Zaith: well I'm just saying give it a chance why would you shut a game down without first trying it out

I gave it a chance, still don't like it. It's just not my cup of tea. And I don't like the 360 controller, so that doesn't help any.

Posted by Zaith

well see thats fine I personally am willing to try almost anything at least while halo is not my favorite game or series by far I (in my personal opinion) find the game fun when playing co-op or custom games with my friends.