Play **** THIS LAVA with me

Posted by Slade

If anyone has Q2, you should download Hamachi and play with meeeeeeeee.

I'm running a slightly outdated version of Hamachi (1.0.1.5) because it seems to work with more older games. But I haven't tried Q2 at all, so it might take a little tweaking to figure it out.

So yeah, post here if you're interested.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'm up and runninnnngggggg. But yeah guys, use the older version of Hamatchi.

Posted by Slade

lol "guys"

No one's responded, and I don't think anyone will! : /

cept 4 u bby

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Hamachi?

Posted by Slade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamachi

Basically makes it so you can set up LAN connections between computers over the internet. So anything you can play LAN, you can play with Hamachi.

Do you have Quake 2 ???

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Yeah.

I also have Day of Defeat: Source, Warsow, CS:S, Half Life 2, Battlefield 2142, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Enemy Territory (NOT the Quake one), and Vietcong as far as PC FPS's go (multiplayer-wise). So I'm always ready to throw down on any of them.

Posted by Slade

Sweet! I only have Q2, though... and my computer's too old for most of those other games. But yeah, just download Hamachi v1.0.1.5 and contact me or cats somehow. If you have MSN or AIM, add me. 3-way matches wooooo

Posted by Kit

Count me in, just getting the stuff needed.

Posted by Slade

****ing awesome. Just so you guys know, cats and I both have the v3.20 official patch now, and I'm guessing we'll all need to have the same version to play together.

Also, we tried figuring out COOP or DIE (http://www.coopordie.com/quake2/) but we haven't gotten it to work yet. Basically, it's a mod that allows you to play the campaign coop with up to 4 people, and it keeps everyone's stats on a server.

Once we get that figured out, or if anyone else knows how to join each other's games on there, then that could be another pretty sweet supplement to regular deathmatches.

Posted by cool gamer dad

OK so we have five people. AWESOME.

If anyone needs a Q2 upload if they wanna play, ask Slade or me.

Posted by Kit

I've got the Quake pack from Steam, so I'm alright. Never actually played number 2 though, so I'm just gonna get used to everything on that. I'll have a look at that mod, but I can't promise I'll figure it out. :)

Edit: k, ive got Kamachi now, but the test server was full so no idea if it's working. btw: is v3.20 the hamachi version or quake version?

Posted by cool gamer dad

That's the Quake version. We use Hamatchi 1.0.1.5... if you can't find it just ask Slade or try the new Hamatchi. That'd probably work too.

But yeah don't even bother trying the test server. We just designate whoever to set a server up for us.

Posted by Slade

Ehh... I think if he downloads a different version of Hamachi then we won't be able to connect the two. So the versions are:

Q2: 3.20
Hamachi: 1.0.1.5

We should do some 3-way (at least) DM today. I'm usually on MSN, rarely AIM.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I think he would. It's like DC++. All kinds of people using all kinds of versions, and it still works.

Still though, get the old version to play it safe.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I'm down right now if anyone else is.

Posted by Slade

I totally am. Do you have aim or msn?

edit: whether you do or not, actually... you could just start up Hamachi and join the network "catscats" with password "catscats"

Then start quake and join the game.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Yeah, I'm down and in catscats//catscats as we speak.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I can't find the server.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I sucked. :(

Posted by Slade

That was awesome. We tried co-op after you left, but it's kind of ghey. If you die you restart from the beginning of the map and have to run through a bunch of empty rooms... and the levels just aren't designed for two people.

cats and I will definitely be on later tonight, too. we should try some different maps >:3

Posted by cool gamer dad

DESTROY THE SLOGG TRAIN

But yeah, DM is awweeesssooome. But campaign is terrible. I mean, where'd the storyline go?

Posted by Slade

lol *strogg

But yeah... with two people running around and entering different areas, you're getting teleported all the time and it's just... confusing.

Though that was pretty funny when we both happened to hit the no-clip mode button at around the same time.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Even if I could sit through playing a few minutes of it, mine's all messed up. I have dots of green, blue and yellow colours all over the screen. Oh well!

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Still, play with us. I wanna shot you with my pistol. :(

Posted by Slade

YEAH PLAY WITH US C'MONNNNN

I'm up for some gamez btw.

Oh, and I just picked up UT 2003, so if anyone wants to LAN that... yeah.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'm up for some quakean...

Hey do you still have the download link for Quake?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Gah, I gotta get my UT '03 back from my father. Thanks for reminding me.

Once I get it back, OH HELL you guys will... still kick my ***. Just not as hard.

Posted by Slade

Alright dood we're starting a game right now... so if you wanna join it's

network: catscats
password: catscats

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

All right, I also got it. So hit me up over MSN whenever you guys start up a game. Just need to download hamatachaichai

Posted by Slade

Uhh... you can't play with us.

: |

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WHY NOT?!

I was about to download it...

Because I hate him and he hates me.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

You can play with me, Vamp.

When I play, EVERYONE WINS![spoiler]Except me.[/spoiler]

Posted by Kit

I've got UT 2k3 somewhere in my house, but no idea where exactly. Anyway, I couldn't get the co-op mod to work, I did everything it said, but running the file just ran regular quake 2, so idk.

Also, need to download kamachi again because it turns out mine was 1.0.2.5 and only worked once.

so yeah, now I see why games don't have lava in them anymore

Posted by Slade

*SSSSSSSSSS* AHHHHHH AHHHHHHHH

We need to get everyone playing together! I wanna catch like 5 people in that lava trap. all desperately trying to kill each other before they die...

Quoting The X: WHY NOT?!

I was about to download it...

DO IT. Better yet, use this:

[code]http://www.sendspace.com/file/bzsh1o[/code]

Quoted post: I've got UT 2k3 somewhere in my house, but no idea where exactly. Anyway, I couldn't get the co-op mod to work, I did everything it said, but running the file just ran regular quake 2, so idk.

cats and I have gotten to where we're both logged in on the world server and are trying to join each other's games (which we can't find). Turns out v3.20 already has a coop mode built in, and the "Coop or Die" one just has all this extra stuff like random enemies/health/powerups. I think it'd be cool to be able to play Coop or Die LAN without having to log into their server and have your stats logged on their website... too much extra stuff.

And Q2 is way more fun than UT 2k3, but if you can find it I'm sure we'll play it sometime. I have a download link for that as well, if anyone wants it.

Posted by Slade

vamp, change the title to "Play Quake 2 with my moms wener"

Posted by cool gamer dad

u r moms like wen- *ssssssssssssssss* AAAAHHHHH AAAAAAAHHH

seriously, gg's guys.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Let me know when everyone is on and ready.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=cats;856067]u r moms like wen- *ssssssssssssssss* AAAAHHHHH AAAAAAAHHH

seriously, gg's guys.I remember Vamp was talking to his mom or his grandma or whatever one night on Live. Many moons ago. I think it was the very first time I played with you guys. On GEARS OF WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Posted by Slade

vamp this vamp that

Download it so we can play!

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Hurry, I wanna play.

I like the new title better than wener. More apt.

Posted by Slade

FINE. But now we won't get anyone new because they'll be like "**** this lava? that doesn't sound like a fun game to play."

Also, I just basically skipped all my plans for this afternoon, so people need to congregate ITT

Lava may suck, but it leads to some pretty funny moments. That one lava room you control is still the best thing on a map I've experienced.

Posted by Slade

Yeah, it's so worth getting railed from behind just to camp out and wait for someone to run through.

Okay, we're gonna start a game real soon, so JOIN UP.

network: catscats
password: catscats

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Vamp better not bail on us!

Posted by Sapphire Rose

****, am I late?

Posted by Slade

Yeah, sorta... : /

Though I'm practically always up for a game, at least for then next couple days.

Posted by Stalolin

DOWNLOADING NOW **** YEAH GONNA PLAY SOME QUAKE 2 OVER HAMACHI I LOVE VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORKS

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

We played last night, it was a lot of fun. Slade is ****ing good at this. :cool:

Posted by Kit

yay its the weekend now so I can play without worrying about ****ing timezones

Posted by Slade

I've been trying to find good custom maps lately. That one with the acid pit and teleporters we played yesterday was the first decent one I'd found. But last night I hit the jackpot and found quite a few. So far I've tested 6, and 3 of those have worked fine as long as I use my video card.

So... I'm assuming everyone has a video card they can use to play, right? Because up until now I was running the graphics from the software, but with several of these custom maps that's impossible. First thing I noticed is it's way darker when I use my video card, so I'm kind of wondering if anyone knows how to make it brighter without changing the monitor settings (which are already super bright) or the in-game settings (which are on max).

Other than that... I guess just post here if you wanna play. I'll be available in about 3 hours.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, the game wouldn't even render correctly on my computer until I switched to OpenGL. Count me in! I might be kinda drunk in 3 hours time, but still in.

Posted by Slade

I didn't have that problem until I opened one of these maps and was like "holy ****, there's like ugly red **** and blue streaks everywhere." Then I switched to OpenGL and it was like, awesome jump pads and rain effects.

Anyways SUPER PUMPED to try these out.

When's this going down?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Slade: I didn't have that problem until I opened one of these maps and was like "holy ****, there's like ugly red **** and blue streaks everywhere." Then I switched to OpenGL and it was like, awesome jump pads and rain effects.

Anyways SUPER PUMPED to try these out.

Wow, maybe I will try these engines out.

Posted by Slade

Oh, you just have to go to Video under options and switch it from "software" to "OpenGL."

edit: I'll be up for playing in about 40 minutes.

Posted by Slade

We're starting a game pretty soon, so just join the usual network any time.

name and pass: catscats

Posted by Kit

I'm actually online for once, for some reason 1.0.2.5 was ****ing around so I got .1.5.

edit: lol, didnt look at the date

Posted by Slade

lol:(

So... anybody wanna play? I'd be up for it anytime in the next 2 hours.

Posted by Slade

Anyone want to play today?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Later tonight. Got work until around 8-9.

i c u then

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Yell at me on AIM when it starts as I'll be playing GH.

Posted by cool gamer dad

slade u r gay wener

Alright I'm up for anything, gimmie a HOLLA. Just gotta cook up some coffee really quick. l8r

Posted by Slade

UHHHHHHHH

MMMMMMMMMM

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Gah, you guys are horrible at letting me know what's going on. :/

You just gotta be there

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Slade: UHHHHHHHH

MMMMMMMMMM

The uh, coffee took longer than expected...

Posted by Sapphire Rose

[quote]You just gotta be thereI was, I was here. The whole time.

there not here

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Hard to figure out there is when no one else knows when or where either. :(

Posted by Slade

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Gah, you guys are horrible at letting me know what's going on. :/

I got on AIM at about 11:30 and didn't see you. Do I even have you on AIM? Anyways, we didn't play at all, I just ended up leaving for several hours and getting back later than I expected. We should schedule a time for 3+ people to play tomorrow! I'll post what times I'll be around when I know for sure what I'm doing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

We need a dedicated chat room or some **** to organize this.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Slade: I got on AIM at about 11:30 and didn't see you. Do I even have you on AIM? Anyways, we didn't play at all, I just ended up leaving for several hours and getting back later than I expected. We should schedule a time for 3+ people to play tomorrow! I'll post what times I'll be around when I know for sure what I'm doing.

AIM is Kiwiiskawaii

Also, best days for me to play are Tuesday and Wednesday (days off). Saturday is okay since I only work from 4 to 8 mountain time. Sunday and Monday you should be able to catch me at night.

Posted by Slade

I think we're going to start a game soon. Anybody who wants to play should join

n3tw3rk: catscats
p4ss: catscats

Posted by cool gamer dad

fyi guys :(

Quake and Starcraft are off the menu for at least a month. My left wrist is so messed up from SC hotkeys that it's lost some of its mobility. Sorry dudes.

I pretty much just downloaded SC too.

Posted by Slade

gonna miss u buddy :(

[IMG]http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/969/motivationallavavs5.jpg[/IMG]

...I guess if anyone wants to quake it up any time soon, post here with when you're available.

hahahaha

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Are we playing Starcraft now? Time to bust out my

Posted by Slade

I'm up for either.