Tortilla Chips

Posted by Slade

What's your favorite kind of tortilla chip?

this poll was brought to you by an intense love of salsa

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Rounds. I just like the sauce without getting any of the chucks, and round ones seem to work best for just that.

Posted by Stalolin

restaurant style for the love of ***

look at those huge *** chips they're so delicious

lolz btw i'm eating salsa right now

Posted by Ant

yeah the kind at mexican resturants are the best. but for home I like the ones flavored with the lime. can eat those WITHOUT salsa even.

Posted by mis0

Blue corn. They just taste better!

Posted by cool gamer dad

You see, the kinds you get at the restaurants are easily at the top of my list. Venturing into the realm of store-bought tortilla chips... I prefer either the rounds or the strips, because the store-bought restaurant style chips are very oddly shaped and really aren't salsa compatible in my eyes.

Couldn't tell you how many times I've had to either break one in half or do a two-biter to get the right dipping chip. And two-biting is atrocious.

Quoted post: Couldn't tell you how many times I've had to either break one in half or do a two-biter to get the right dipping chip. And two-biting is atrocious.

Yeah, dude, exactly. The only time I buy restaurant-style is if I plan to toss a bunch of cheese on them with salsa all over. Otherwise they're too awkward to dip.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Can't believe bowls/scoops weren't included, just for their use for melting cheese in and scooping salsa better?

Anywho-
[IMG]http://www.jphpk.gov.my/English/zoom_27032.jpg[/IMG]
mmhmm mmm.. bitch!

Posted by Slade

ugh, SCOOPS. That's what they're called. I couldn't remember. I was like "dippers? ...swoops?" All I can remember are those slam dunk ads. Haven't even seen them in stores lately, but that's probably because I pretty much only buy Mission chips now.

I guess I like rounds the best. The last bag of strips I had was way too salty, anyways, and rounds are pretty good for both dipping and nachos. What did I expect? That they wouldn't be... well rounded? ha ha ha

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Slade;854145]ugh, SCOOPS. That's what they're called. I couldn't remember. I was like "dippers? ...swoops?" All I can remember are those slam dunk ads. Haven't even seen them in stores lately, but that's probably because I pretty much only buy Mission chips now.

I guess I like rounds the best. The last bag of strips I had was way too salty, anyways, and rounds are pretty good for both dipping and nachos. What did I expect? That they wouldn't be... well rounded? ha ha ha

Glad I helped sort that out for ya'..

I was never big on strips, either. Too frail and fragile for hardcore dipping and "swooping". :D

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Slade: ugh, SCOOPS. That's what they're called. I couldn't remember. I was like "dippers? ...swoops?" All I can remember are those slam dunk ads. Haven't even seen them in stores lately, but that's probably because I pretty much only buy Mission chips now.

HAHAHAHA do your papers.

In other news, I found a big wad of hair in a bag of Mission tortilla chips once.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Did you continue to finish the bag?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Nah, I opened it, saw the gigantic ****ing wad of black, stringy hair, and threw it away.

Posted by Slade

I got a bag today, and haven't opened it yet. here's hoping there's a big hairy surprise waiting for me

more on this story... tomorrow. or later tonight.

Posted by Tyler Durden

In other news:
Salsa made with REAL Habanero chiles is very good with a side of guacamole or Pepper Jack cheese.

Quoted post: more on this story... tomorrow. or later tonight.

F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5

Well, I opened them, and it turns out the- *commercial break*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Posted by cool gamer dad

Keto says (11:54 PM):
these rounds are delicious
dan says (11:54 PM):
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted by Slade

YEAH, delicious and h- WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING NETWORK PROBLEMS

But seriously, I was really tempted to make a video of me opening the bag and finding a cat inside. Only problem is I don't have a cat... or a video camera. But if I did, that'd be exactly the waste of time I'd be doing right now. reality is harsh

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;854160]F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Lobo_Rules/DDPF5.gif[/IMG]

Quoted post:
But seriously, I was really tempted to make a video of me opening the bag and finding a cat inside. Only problem is I don't have a cat... or a video camera. But if I did, that'd be exactly the waste of time I'd be doing right now. reality is harsh

Dude, I got plenty of cats AND a bag resealer. All over it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

So, someone's gotta break down the types for me. I have no idea.

Posted by Kit

I'm just gonna say other because I like pretty much every crisp (tortilla or no) in existence.

Quoted post: So, someone's gotta break down the types for me. I have no idea.

Round is small and round.
Strips are strips.
Restaurant is, like, ****ing huge and triangle.
Scoops are like strips but made into a scoop.
Blue corn is like restaurant style just, like, dark blue almost black and they taste like ****.

I mean, the names are pretty self-explanatory.

Posted by Slade

Except scoops are more like rounds with upturned edges, making them into little bowls eagerly waiting to be filled with delicious tomato based salsas.

idk, only ones I've seen look more like strips. Kinda like fritos.

Posted by Slade

Yeah, this is the only kind I've ever seen. Same brand, too.

[IMG]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00032BC7U.01-A3CDPEGSIQM61V._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1117220703_.jpg[/IMG]

pretty gross because they're super salty and don't have any real taste. tostitos salsa is the best though. medium4lyfe

Oh wait, maybe those are the ones I meant. Huh.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=The X;854195]So, someone's gotta break down the types for me. I have no idea.

There's also red corn and green corn (which are just dyed), and restaurant style crisps/baked and/or flavored.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;854202]Round is small and round.
Strips are strips.
Restaurant is, like, ****ing huge and triangle.
Scoops are like strips but made into a scoop.
Blue corn is like restaurant style just, like, dark blue almost black and they taste like ****.

I mean, the names are pretty self-explanatory.
[quote=Slade;854245]Except scoops are more like rounds with upturned edges, making them into little bowls eagerly waiting to be filled with delicious tomato based salsas.

You're both correct-
scoops vary.

As much time as I used to spend at the Mexican bar, here-
I know my primary "beer eats".

Posted by Kit

Quoting Slade: [IMG]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00032BC7U.01-A3CDPEGSIQM61V._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1117220703_.jpg[/IMG]

They look like mini popadoms.

Posted by Slade

That word made me giggle. Not a ****ing clue what it means though.

the image it brings to mind is a jelly filled angel food cake dessert in the shape of a gumdrop

edit: looked it up! turns out I've eaten one or two.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Indian sidedish that is awesome with sauce. ****ing Americans.

Posted by Kit

They're giant crisps you eat with Indian food. Basically.

Posted by junior senior

any plain tostitos

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Kit;854287]They look like mini popadoms.
papadum*

[quote=Kit;854349]They're giant crisps you eat with Indian food. Basically.

[URL]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c1/RollednRoastedPapads.jpg[/URL]

Looks like a South American wafflecone, to me..

Posted by Kit

Quoted post: papadum*

poppadom*, it turns out.

Quoted post: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...stedPapads.jpg

Looks like a South American wafflecone, to me..

is a poppadom.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:

Almost black? Blue corn chips should actually look purple if they're made correctly.

Tortilla chips are also made from yellow and white corn. I think white corn are tastier but they tend to be more brittle so they make for an inferior dipping chip.

how hard do you dip your chips, dude?

Posted by Shade

Strips, preferably without salsa. Mmmmm so salty.

Posted by Speedfreak

...kinds?

Posted by Shade

Yes. See also: variations.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Kit;855335]poppadom*, it turns out.

[IMG]http://bejoysvijayan.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/v152.jpg[/IMG]
is a poppadom.

I'd rather eat that picture as opposed to what I found.

We were both correct-
nice 404, btw.

Link quotes suck much, around here?

Posted by O.T.L

scoops for me. Salsa on medium , the mild flavor tastes too much like candy to me , and intense is like too intense . Any chip will do really , chips with salt and lemon chips and salsa , chips and frijoles , its all good.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: how hard do you dip your chips, dude?

Just my experience from eating lots of home-made tortilla chips at mom-and-pop Mexican restaurants and chains we have around here.

Posted by cool gamer dad

man, you must go all the way.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Shade;855606]Yes. See also: variations.

I've only ever seen triangles. "Triangle" doesn't seem to be an option on the poll. I AM VERY CONFUSED.

Posted by Stalolin

Triangles are restaurant style.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

How have you not seen round tortilla chips?

They're like, the 2nd most bought.

Posted by Speedfreak

Round? Why the hell would you want a round tortilla chip? That's just a tortilla.

Posted by junior senior

see image

Posted by Slade

Quoting Speedfreak: Round? Why the hell would you want a round tortilla chip? That's just a tortilla.

What? Tortilla chips are small, crispy things, while tortillas are plate-sized and soft. Rounds are just like restaurant style tortilla chips, but in a different shape.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

And they scoop better.

Posted by Slade

Gonna go have some rounds n' salsa right now MMMMM