Wario Land Shake

Posted by Zeta

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/wariowii2.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah I can't find a good sized pic of this, but hey, a 2D Wario game for the Wii, and....

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/Kvar/wariowii.jpg[/IMG]

The return of Captain Syrup.

****ing awesome.

Posted by Stalolin

captain syrup is back!? **** yes, that alone is a reason to play this.

Even though I don't see people shelling out $50 for a 2D game, I'd totally buy it. I grew up with the Wario Land series, and I'll be ****ed if I'm going to let one slip me by (save maybe 4, which I can't find at all).

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

This is just lazy. As far as I can tell, the only Wii gimmick we'll be using is 'YOU HOLD IT LIKE A NES PAD LOL', which was one of the most awkward elements of Super Paper Mario. The graphics look no better than Wario Land 4... On the GBA.

I won't be paying sixty bucks for this!

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=The X;853259]This is just lazy. As far as I can tell, the only Wii gimmick we'll be using is 'YOU HOLD IT LIKE A NES PAD LOL', which was one of the most awkward elements of Super Paper Mario. The graphics look no better than Wario Land 4... On the GBA.

I won't be paying sixty bucks for this!

wario games are all about lazy man

i mean, in wario land 2 you get a different ending if you just let wario lie in bed and ignore his alarm clock

that's pretty lazy

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;853259]The graphics look no better than Wario Land 4... On the GBA.

With screenshots that size Odin Sphere would look like a GBA game. Since when do Wii games cost $60 anyway? Since when do you buy anything in dollars?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: With screenshots that size Odin Sphere would look like a GBA game.

HD screens won't even make this game look better than a GBA title.

Quoted post: Since when do Wii games cost $60 anyway? Since when do you buy anything in dollars?

50 dollars, 60 with tax. So, if he's paying in dollars he'd be paying 60 bucks.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;853277]With screenshots that size Odin Sphere would look like a GBA game. Since when do Wii games cost $60 anyway? Since when do you buy anything in dollars?Buddy, it looks the exact same as Wario Land 4.

SIXTY BUCKS!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Maybe if this 2D shaking game turns out to be popular, we'll get a Mischief Makers sequel. "Shake-shake!"

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;853294]HD screens won't even make this game look better than a GBA title.

HD screens don't make anything lower than their native resolution look better, so that's a pretty moot point.

All I saying is the screenshots are fucking tiny, you can't tell jack shit from them. If they do have GBA graphics then it's probably a WiiWare or budget title. Knee-jerk reaction ftl.

Quoted post: HD screens don't make anything lower than their native resolution look better, so that's a pretty moot point.

hey, look at speedy take things literally. Neat!

Quoted post:
All I saying is the screenshots are ****ing tiny, you can't tell jack **** from them. If they do have GBA graphics then it's probably a WiiWare or budget title. Knee-jerk reaction ftl.

You can tell it looks like a GBA game just fine.

Posted by Speedfreak

Do an image search for Dragonball Z: Burst Limit. Look at the thumbnails. The vast majority look like the previous 5 PS2 titles, despite being PS3/360 games. Making something a lower resolution tends degrade it's image quality. Quit being an insufferable cunt.

Bigger images won't suddenly make this game look phenomenal. Fact is, it'll still look like a portable 2D game. Likely no better than Minish Cap.

Posted by Speedfreak

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Speedfreak312002/odin_sphere.jpg[/IMG]

Keeping in mind that the Wii's resolution is even bigger than whatever resolution the Odin Sphere screenshot is...

idk, little picture looks pretty good to me! You can clearly see the style they're going for even at such a low res.

Posted by Speedfreak

So because the same artists that worked on the GBA Wario game made a high res platformer for Wii, that means it has GBA graphics? Just because it has the same art style and someone posted stupidly low res pictures? I can accept that.

Wow Street Fighter II HD looks like a SNES game:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Speedfreak312002/street-fighter-hd.jpg[/IMG]

Well, like you said, luckily the Wii isn't even HD.

Posted by Speedfreak

Like that even makes a difference. My point was anything reduced to that resolution will look like a SNES/GBA game if the same artists are behind it. *hands Vamp a straw*

Except, you know, it won't look amazingly better. Your mind can more or less fill in the detail that's mashed together. Though, why that's a big deal, idk. Not like there's anything wrong with how the GBA games look. I mean, as long as it's not sixty bucks there's certainly nothing wrong with a basic 2D style.

Posted by Speedfreak

So you're saying you can tell it's an HD screenshot from looking at it.

Wario Land Shake isn't HD, so again, problem solved. SFII HD screens are pretty moot!

Posted by Speedfreak

Does the word attrition mean anything to you?

Yes. Whether I can tell something looks good or not or whether something is HD or not from a tiny picture is pretty different pal!

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, you're a fucking master of it.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Stalolin: Even though I don't see people shelling out $50 for a 2D game, I'd totally buy it. I grew up with the Wario Land series, and I'll be ****ed if I'm going to let one slip me by (save maybe 4, which I can't find at all).

Dude, 4 is the only one I've played but it's awesome. Actually got me interested in playing the earlier ones, even though they look like **** in comparison.

Quoted post: Yeah, you're a ****ing master of it.

Just better than you apparently.

Posted by Speedfreak

Attrition ain't really my thing.

Your eyes just suck I guess.

Posted by Speedfreak

Sorry, I can't see information that plainly isn't there.

Most of what we see we don't actually see, buddy. Our brain fills in gaps on the fly. No different in the case of these images. Just take a look at them and extrapolate the information that is too compressed to see. We do it subconsciously all the time, it's not that hard!

or better yet, go real up close to your monitor and squint hard!

Posted by Speedfreak

The brain function you're talking about related to something completely different, basically the opposite situation. It's physically impossible to judge the resolution of the sprites of what is a 640x480 game on a screenshot that only contains a 14th of that information. We can see colour and even make out some art style, but we can't see resolution that isn't there, as demonstrated by the fact that you cannot tell the detail in the Street Fighter II HD from a similar shot (if you really hate the fact that I shrunk it down to thhe same size then compare SFIIHD with SFIII since the difference in resolution is about the same(if you don't think there's any difference between SFIII and SFIIHD then you are an imbecile)). Resolution being the defining factor of what makes it look "GBA-like", saying it looks "GBA-like" is premature since we lack that kind of information.

So it seems lthat while I have trouble watching trailers, you have trouble looking at screenshots.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://i.testfreaks.com/images/products/600x400/66/wario-land-4-gba.256578.jpg[/IMG]

HOW DOES THIS NOT LOOK LIKE THE SCREENSHOTS ZETA POSTED

Quoted post: So it seems lthat while I have trouble watching trailers, you have trouble looking at screenshots.

Didn't read anything but this. But yeah, just because you get confused with moving pictures it doesn't mean I can't understand a screenshot. Not my fault your eyes are broke.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Quoting The X: [IMG]http://i.testfreaks.com/images/products/600x400/66/wario-land-4-gba.256578.jpg[/IMG]

HOW DOES THIS NOT LOOK LIKE THE SCREENSHOTS ZETA POSTED

You can see it?

Posted by Alastor

Looks more akin to Super Paper Mario or something of that nature than it does anything on the GBA.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;853607]Didn't read anything but this. But yeah, just because you get confused with moving pictures it doesn't mean I can't understand a screenshot. Not my fault your eyes are broke.

Of course you read it, you read all of it and realised this was too absurd even for you. Then you said you didn't to save face, despite the fact that it makes you look even more childish. It wasn't like it was long enough for you to throw up your trusty tl;dr screen, it was a short post. And you have to gall to threaten to ban others for trolling.

[quote=Alastor;853648]Looks more akin to Super Paper Mario or something of that nature than it does anything on the GBA.

I'm gonna maintain that they're too small to tell either way.

Posted by Alastor

Well, [url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11526209&postcount=100]here[/url] are some slightly larger versions of the screens in the first post. Not much bigger, but hey...

Posted by Speedfreak

That looks considerably higher res than a GBA game. Wallow in your pit of shame you arguementative little prick.

Quoted post: Of course you read it, you read all of it and realised this was too absurd even for you. Then you said you didn't to save face, despite the fact that it makes you look even more childish. It wasn't like it was long enough for you to throw up your trusty tl;dr screen, it was a short post. And you have to gall to threaten to ban others for trolling.

Dude, you were going on about the brain and I was all like "uuugh, boring." It's like the post I just quoted. I read the first sentence and it's like "man, I whole paragraph of this? nah." Didn't read it, sorry, buddy.

Also, those screens don't look that amazing. At all. Minish Cap was way better looking.

Posted by Stalolin

Not that anyone cares, but here's the storyline behind it. http://gonintendo.com/?p=45989

also yes, captain syrup confirmed for brawl

Posted by Speedfreak

You wrote more about the brain than I did you ****wit. Christ you're such a complete pussy. You can't admit you're wrong even now.

Quoted post: You wrote more about the brain than I did you ****wit. Christ you're such a complete pussy. You can't admit you're wrong even now.

I wrote, like, six words about the brain. You wrote a whole paragraph.

Posted by Bebop

Vamp stop being a *****. The pictures are far too small and low res to give a fair analyze on the quality of it's graphics, art style or not. It's that simple. That would be like looking at the Mona Lisa from a mile off saying "well I can't see what the rave about the brush strokes is." I can't beleive this has gone on for 3 pages. >_<

I love the Wario Land titles. Captain Syrup's return is nice, and she would have been a great addition to Brawl. As far as holding it sideways being arkward X you must have hands like a gimp. The only problem playing Super Paper Mario with that control scheme was Super Paper Mario. Awful game. I can't wait to hear more about this title though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Bebop;859356] I can't beleive this has gone on for 3 pages. >_

Posted by Ant

yeah that was all pretty stupid.

regardless, the game might be fun. but right now off of complete speculation of what you do and the look of game it's looking pretty 7/10ish.

Quoted post: Vamp stop being a *****. The pictures are far too small and low res to give a fair analyze on the quality of it's graphics, art style or not. It's that simple. That would be like looking at the Mona Lisa from a mile off saying "well I can't see what the rave about the brush strokes is." I can't beleive this has gone on for 3 pages. >_<

There's a difference between looking at minute details like brush strokes and looking at the overall picture and deciding whether it looks decent or not. What a ****ty analogy. Maybe if speedy asked me if it looked good per pixel it might apply, but that's not the case.

Posted by Speedfreak

I didn't ask you anything, I was responding to your bat-shit insane knee-jerk reaction to incredibly small pictures and criticising your use of the phrase "GBA-like graphics".

drr, no ****. I never said you asked me anything.

still gba-like graphics

Posted by Alastor

[youtube=G7DxcEprYwo]G7DxcEprYwo[/youtube]

This game looks pretty. As a side note, I think the title is Wario Land: Shake It!, and not Wario Land Shake.

[url=http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35869.html?e3i=1&type=mov]Here's that video at GameTrailers[/url], but it would never load for me.

Here's the animated intro, as well.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDkpbqM50EQ]YouTube[/url] | [url=http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35870.html?e3i=1&type=mov]GameTrailers[/url]

Posted by Bebop

Glad to see powers are back. The hand drawn animation is sweet!

Looks GBA-ish, possibly more like a DS game simply due to the various effects. But otherwise, GBA game.

Posted by Alastor

Thank you and good night.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Looks GBA-ish, possibly more like a DS game simply due to the various effects. But otherwise, GBA game.

A GBA couldnt do that, it's just using the same style. I wish more games used hand drawn animation :c

Posted by Zeta

http://www.wipido.com/video/1720
'nother vid. Shows some controls and stuff.

And **** the nonbelievers, the spritework is great.

Posted by Stalolin

FULL PRICE GAME GUYS

End of that commercial has it's price in yen, it's a 50 bux gaem

Posted by Bebop

If people will pay full price for Super Paper Mario's Super Crap Adventure I'm sure there will no problem paying the same amount for an actual good platformer.

Anyway aren't games normally 70 dollars on release in Fatland?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Bebop;862253]If people will pay full price for Super Paper Mario's Super Crap Adventure I'm sure there will no problem paying the same amount for an actual good platformer.

Huh, that's actually a pretty good point. Maybe people think it's worth more because it has shitty 3D.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Bebop;862253]If people will pay full price for Super Paper Mario's Super Crap Adventure I'm sure there will no problem paying the same amount for an actual good platformer.

Anyway aren't games normally 70 dollars on release in Fatland?

No, we get things cheaper than you. It'll be around 40 - 50 here and then they'll bump up the price for the European release for some reason.

$49.99 for wii games, $59.99 for next-gen games.

I'd buy this on the ds for 30 bucks. 50 is pushing it.

Posted by Ant

It looks like it would make an amazing DS game, but just an alright Wii game. the whole controls on the wii seem like they don't add much and gimicky at best.

Yeah, this should've been the ****ty Wario game that was released awhile back. Seems like a perfect fit.

Posted by Bebop

Theres never been a ****ty Wario Game. I see through your test!

Posted by Speedfreak

There was a bad DS game a while ago.

Posted by Bebop

Oh yeh forgot about that. Never got to play it so I'm going to pretend it doesnt count. Na na na na!

Posted by Speedfreak

Well I never played it either, but it was pretty much panned by everyone. I know "everyone's" opinion tends to not mean a damn thing, like with Radiant Dawn, but that Wario game looked iffy from the start.

Quoted post: Theres never been a ****ty Wario Game. I see through your test!

Wario: Master of Disguise

Posted by Bebop

Too late Vamp we've already pretended that game doesn't exist.

But it does, and Shake It should've been MoD.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://www.gametab.com/images/ss/gcn/1426/box-l.jpg[/IMG]

sup guys

Posted by Zeta

Wario World was great.

Yeah, you best not be implying that it sucked.