Script Writing

Posted by Bebop

So it seems there isn't a thread about people's script writing. I for one enjoy doing just that and wanted to know if anyone else shared my interest. Anyone need any help or want to share their script with us?

I'm currently writing a short film about 2 wee wayfarers. It's taken from a day in their life and is about their friendship. Currently I'm trying to write it without dialouge but I'm still etching out the plot. It's an idea I've had in my head for a while and with summer meaning I am free it's given me real time to sit down and have a go.

EDIT: Gah thread title was supposed to say 'script writing'. Don't know why it didn't finish. Someone fix plz

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Post your script.

Posted by Bebop

I'll post a first draft when I've done it. Anyone got a script or script idea they've been knocking around in their head?

Posted by S

Title fixed.

Script isn't my thing though, sorry.

Posted by Ant

What program are you using to write the script in?

Posted by Bebop

I use Scriptsmart. It's a simple enough tool for MS Word and it's free!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/scriptsmart/index.shtml

Posted by Dexter

I studied screen writing and I'll be finishing my degree once I calm my lifestyle down. I have two entirely finished scripts that I still need to get copyrighted and all that jazz. Really good material that I think most people who are interested in the psychology of people would appreciate.

Posted by Bebop

What are your scripts about? A guy I work with has writen one and forwarded it to his agents in Hollywood. He even paid to have pros read the script and give feedback.

Posted by Bebop

I've recently finished the first draft of my script and will post it soon after another read of it, if anyone is interested?

Posted by Dexter

My best one is mostly about a couple who have religious differences and how that destroys their relationship.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

ive started to a couple of scripts. never really finished them even though ive fleshed out endings for them. im just lazy.....i know is shouldnt be that way..because im very confident that i have some interesting ideas.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Dexter: My best one is mostly about a couple who have religious differences and how that destroys their relationship.

I would be very interested in reading it Dexter. For my final semester I will be writing a feature length script and I would love to read the work of someone in a similar position.

Posted by Cats Everywhere

[center]I enjoy writing screenplays and scripts, but my friend Ian is better at it than I. He's an anime nerd though and wrote a Evangelion script..it was pretty snazzy.

I refuse to share my scripts for it's the worse form of writing I do except for maybe extended metaphors.
[/center]