The Ultimate Warrior

Posted by nintendope

he's back..

what's all your thoughts on him?
check out his youtube videos

http://youtube.com/user/UltimateWarriorTV

make sure you check out the one about hogan and his one work out video, dude is 50 and still an animal.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Maaan.

My muscels got sore just watching.

Posted by Ant

he's obviously on the roids.

Posted by nintendope

he's supposedly been tested and isn't

Posted by Slade

He appears to be a very well-rounded individual.

Posted by nintendope

Quoting Slade: He appears to be a very well-rounded individual.

im assuming this is sarcastic? lol

Posted by cool gamer dad

What is it that makes him want those big ol' sweaty, veiny arms?

Posted by Fate

Shhhh, he's genetically different.

Posted by #061402

Having big muscles doesn't necessarily make you a good warrior. He'd make one hell of a warrior a couple of hundred years ago, but today a nerd with a pistol could kill him.

Posted by Poco

Quoting #061402: Having big muscles doesn't necessarily make you a good warrior. He'd make one hell of a warrior a couple of hundred years ago, but today a nerd with a pistol could kill him.

no hes the ultimate warrior. shut up.

Posted by Slade

Where's that guy who flipped tires in his backyard?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=#061402;852140]Having big muscles doesn't necessarily make you a good warrior. He'd make one hell of a warrior a couple of hundred years ago, but today a nerd with a pistol could kill him.

Eh, doubt it, they had bows a couple of hundred years ago. Being a good warrior requires mental agility, not the strength to lift heavy things. Sun Tzu would kick his ass.

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT VAMP AND X, I SAID SUN TZU AGAIN. YOU WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING OF IT?

Posted by nintendope

the ultimate warrior eats bullets and arrows.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Speedfreak: Sun Tzu would kick his ass.

No way Sun Tzu with his wimpy grandpa arms could beat up that beast. No way.

Posted by Speedfreak

I think he would know a little bit more about fighting than him, pal, because he INVENTED IT.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Speedfreak: Eh, doubt it, they had bows a couple of hundred years ago. Being a good warrior requires mental agility, not the strength to lift heavy things. Sun Tzu would kick his ass.

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT VAMP AND X, I SAID SUN TZU AGAIN. YOU WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING OF IT?

Sun Tzu was a Chinese general and strategist, of course he would've won. Strategy > muscles.
But while it takes some mental agility, as you put it, to be a good warrior, strength and endurance mattered a lot too. Armor wasn't exactly the lightest of things back in the day.

@Shade: He could possibly. I'm not sure how Sun Tzu was built, and he did sort of command armies to do most, if not all, of the fighting for him.

@Poco: Very mature.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Pfff, Hulk Hogan could take him.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=#061402;852439]Armor wasn't exactly the lightest of things back in the day.

It was made of silk and bamboo.

Posted by ExoXile

[IMG]http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1974/chinesewarriorsmallir2.jpg[/IMG]
Seriously guys, look at that guy, no one could defeat THAT.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Isn't Sun Tzu the person credited for the secret teachings while historians still debate if he ever actually existed?

Posted by #061402

Quoting WillisGreeny: Isn't Sun Tzu the person credited for the secret teachings while historians still debate if he ever actually existed?

Aye, that's the one. But I'd like to think of him as having existed. Makes more sense saying "Hey, isn't that the book by Sun Tzu?" than "Hey, isn't that the book written by the guy that may or may not have existed?"

But that's just what I think. :D

Posted by Speedfreak

I had no idea his existance was debated. I also had no idea he started off training a legion of sex puppets. Awesome.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;852305]I think he would know a little bit more about fighting than him, pal, because he INVENTED IT.
And the strategy video game genre.
[quote=Slade;852144]Where's that guy who flipped tires in his backyard?
Oh yeah! The guy who was totally into Spartans. He was a cool guy.

Also, ULTIMATE WARRIOR'S PRIVATE WORKOUT VID#8?

... I'll pass.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;852844]And the strategy video game genre.

I don't get it.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

man I wouldn't mind being that jacked at that age

Posted by cool gamer dad

Think I'm gonna start working out. Any tips?

Posted by nintendope

eat lots of carbs.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I wouldn't mind working out, if only to get rid of my weirdly disfigured body. I have pretty lean arms and legs, but a little round belly. Whatever kind of exercise gets rid of that, please.

Posted by Speedfreak

Sit ups, pushups, drink protein shakes and pineapple juice immediately after.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting The X: I wouldn't mind working out, if only to get rid of my weirdly disfigured body. I have pretty lean arms and legs, but a little round belly. Whatever kind of exercise gets rid of that, please.

while I am not saying you are a liar, you still have fat on the rest of your body as well. You have to lose all of your fat, all over your body (any commercial that claims to get rid of "stomach fat" is half lying- you must get rid of it all, hence "body fat percentage").

Just exercise. My advice is this- if you want to get into good/decent shape, do the following

drink lots of water- will increase metabolish
quit smoking-duh
eat more meals a day, but make them smaller. At my peak in college, I ate 6-8 times a day, with most of those meals being a can of tuna and a glass of juice/milk. Protein protein protein (tuna tuna tuna!)
quit drinking sodas (cola, pop, wtf ever)- will help immensely
eat a large breakfast. I splurged on breakfast. Eggs, bacon, milk, OJ, grits, etc. Breakfast is an important meal and will wake you up and get your body ready for the day, so you can eat liberally there.
send BJ 20 bucks. This will help you lose weight.
exercise= shocker! Exercise 20-30 mins a day minimum, at a light pace. I'd recommend getting a workout routine a week. I ran on M W F and lifted on T Thur. I hate running, so good luck with that. Go to the gym and start out small and get the movements and control down, and gradually increase. flex in front of the mirror and kiss your muscles. eat lots of fiber and **** alot. send bj 20 bucks

Posted by Bebop

Quoting WillisGreeny: Isn't Sun Tzu the person credited for the secret teachings while historians still debate if he ever actually existed?

You're thinking of Peter Pan

EDIT: Holy ****! When this guy isn't spitting, groaning or making dumb faces he looks like a hulk version of Richard Branson!

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

My man from the 305... Kimbo Slice would knock him out with one punch, guaranteed. promise!!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: YEAH THAT'S RIGHT VAMP AND X, I SAID SUN TZU AGAIN. YOU WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING OF IT?

sun tzu created tactical rpgs, I get it dude. Leave it be, please.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: sun tzu created tactical rpgs, I get it dude. Leave it be, please.

Well, apparently he mysteriously disappeared, so he could be some kind of alien and alive yet today, yes.

No, dude. You don't understand. He created them way back when.

Posted by Speedfreak

No, he wrote a war treatise, what?

During his downtime while single-handedly creating the very first gaming genre, yeah.

Posted by ExoXile

Quite a feat by itself.

It truly is.

Posted by Speedfreak

He invented Chess?

No. Tactical RPGs. ***, you really suck at reading.

Posted by Speedfreak

I wasn't aware there were pen and paper tactical RPGs in ancient China, do you have a source for this?

Sun Tzu's Art of War. He refers back to them many times in footnotes.

Posted by Speedfreak

The Art of War is a war treatise, you must be thinking of the D&D rulebook.

Clearly you've only read the translations and not how it was originally wrote, I guess.

Posted by Speedfreak

You can read Mandarin?

I'm fairly well versed in a handful of asian languages.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Funny you should mention that, I have the Mandarin version of NG2.

Posted by WillisGreeny

woh-wait a minute, Sun Tzu is still a live. The guy is actully the local barber. He trims the heads off many. I think he smells like Curry, but my brother thinks it's fish. He's a mean drunk.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Clearly you've only read the translations and not how it was originally wrote, I guess.

Can't really blame the guy for it. Mandarin is *****in' to learn with all the various ups and downs in the middle of the words.

Posted by ExoXile

**** it guys.

Just eat it and be happy.
Vitamin C here I come!

Posted by Speedfreak

That's a tangerine.

Posted by ExoXile

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_orange"]Mandarin.[/URL]

Gosh.

Posted by #061402

Guys, guys, they look pretty darn much the same. Who cares?

Everyone

You don't get it, you're new here. **** like this ****ing matters, buddy.

Posted by WillisGreeny

[quote=#061402;853798]Guys, guys, they look pretty darn much the same. Who cares?

**** you, and the horse you rode in on.

Like, does air matter? NOO! Do boobs matter? NOO! See? you gettin it? huh? no? w/e. People die every fukken day because they can't distinquish fruit... or is that mushrooms? IT STILL MATTERS. zomg.

Posted by nintendope

wow..

from the ultimate warrior to Sun Tzu to mandarin fruit..

amazing

Posted by ExoXile

Shut up, nobody cares about your useless comments. [IMG]http://vgchat.com/images/icons/icon8.gif[/IMG]

I do.

Posted by #061402

I have no idea whether those comments were meant to make me cry or not, but I laughed! Sounded more humorous than aggressive. :D

We're not aggressive people.

Posted by #061402

Never know until you ask!

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=ExoXile;853779][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_orange"]Mandarin.[/URL]

Gosh.

I know what a mandarin is you fool. I know that is a tangerine. I can tell from some of the segments and from having seen quite a few tangerines in my time.

Tangerines are subgroup of mandarins though, so you're both right!

Posted by Bebop

Oranges suck. **** oranges.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;853977]We're not aggressive people.

Coming from a culture that created The Art of War, with several chapters on deception.

Like you'd know. You've just read translations up to this point. You don't even realise how completely incorrect some of those passages are.

Posted by Speedfreak

So I guess whoever did the translation is a tactical genius and brilliant strategist!

Posted by #061402

Vamp, you should translate it and post it here. ;)

Quoted post: So I guess whoever did the translation is a tactical genius and brilliant strategist!

No, he just omitted certain facts and passages so the translation would flow better. I mean, mandarin to english isn't exactly an exact science, so it's to be expected. That's why all books are better in their original language. You lose more information and nuances than you'd ever expect. I mean, Sun Tzu even explains he'd use tactical rpgs to plan and strategize. He felt he'd understand the situation better if he could become his enemy. And what's a better way of doing that then role-playing? It's the basics of his principles, dude.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I trust the translations of people with PhD after their name; it's a hangup of mine.

A PhD doesn't eliminate biases or guarantee expert work. I mean, how many times have you seen a doctor or expert give completely conflicting opinions or judgments.

Posted by Shade

Every week on House.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Bj Blaskowitz;854591]I trust the translations of people with PhD after their name; it's a hangup of mine.

[quote=Shade;854762]Every week on House.

FINISH THE ****ING STORY MAN! WHAT ABOUT THE GLANDS!?

Posted by Zaith

@Speedfreak You can tell the difference between different types of oranges and tangerines just by looking at the segments thats amazing!(not sarcasm) I just assumed they were all pretty much the same and that tangerines were just undersized oranges.