Lumines

Posted by Pit

Meh, I don't care how this game is already out... I must talk about it's greatness.

Published by: Ubisoft / Bandai

Developed by: Q Entertainment

Genre: Music Action

Number of Players: 2

Release Date: OUT

Box Art:

All I can say is "wow". Why did Sony bundle the PSP with Spider-Man 2 and so much other needless junk rather than making Lumines the game of choice to come along with the console? The answer is, I don't know.

Puzzle games come and go but usually don't make a name for themselves. The most popular, which of course you guys know, is tetris. A simple game that is deep. Well, Lumines is our generations Tetris. This simple puzzle game that makes you create squares a pull off comboes is simply amazing. The backround, the music, the rhythm, just simply to put it, amazing. This is probably the simplest PSP game out there but none the less, the best one. Addicting, infinite replay value, multiple tasks as unlocking skins and characters, playing wirelessly against your friends (in a battle mode that is actually fun!), and other cool crap in this game.

If you haven't already gotten this game then all I can say is, what the hell are you waiting for? The best $40 bucks (unless you can get a used copy) wasted on a PSP game.

Reviews:
Gamespot 9.0
IGN 8.6

Screenshots:

Posted by Bebop

It does look good but videos can only do so much for me. When it comes to puzzles I have to play the game.

Posted by boomstick

It's right up there on my to get list with Wipeout Pure when/if I get a PSP.

Posted by =/g0ri11@\=

Yeah Lumines look's quite interesting...but I dont have any money now from Wipeout and UL. Definitly on my "To get list."

Posted by Pit

Quoting SanitysRequiem: Yeah Lumines look's quite interesting...but I dont have any money now from Wipeout and UL. Definitly on my "To get list."

Definately on your "must get this by Friday list". You're missing out on the fun :(

Posted by Arczu

I'm going to buy that game even though I don't have a PSP yet! By the time I get one, there may be a chance that it isn't as easily availiable anymore.

Looks great... no, freaking awesome. Puzzle games get overlooked a lot and Lumines is just a power-packed reminder that they have a purpose.

Posted by Pit

[center]+=-BUMP-=+[/center]

Anyways, for those who have the game, what's your high score? How many skins have you unlocked? Are you enjoying it and do you believe this game surpasses Tetris as a puzzler?

So far, I'm up to 328,421 as my score. I lent it to my friend and haven't been able to play it. I've unlcocked a crapload of skins but not nearly as much as the game has... heard the last skin you get is at 999,999 points.

Posted by El Capitan

Thats Crazy, I love the game, not as far as I would like. In the versus mode the farthest is the one where im against the vampire looking guy and the 1st player is the skin called Just? I think but not sure. Anyways, I like how when you move the piece and change it up its mixes with the music. I wished they had a soundtrack.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I love it. I always carry it around with me in my pocket. Oh, and I have a perfect save if any would cares. I'll put it online if you can give me a host.

Posted by Pit

New high score. 432, 681. Turns out there's a limit of skins and it goes back to the first one, cept a lot lot faster... so the skins to "repeat" themselves, but like in hard mode.