Reccomend me some good DS/GBA games

Posted by Roger Smith

Along with DMC4, I'm going to pick up 1 MAYBE 2 handheld games, depending how much they cost. So RPG's, none of that retarded Tactics style though. Just straight up good RPGness. Action and adventure is fine too. Just anything GOOD and not BAD.

Go plz.

Posted by Arcadios

Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga

Posted by Alastor

You didn't just rule out Advance Wars.

Advance Wars ruled you out.

Posted by Speedfreak

Pok

Posted by Fate

I hear The World Ends With You is very good.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Wait for Final Fantasy IV.

Posted by Slade

Summon Night Twin Age is the best RPG I've played for DS yet. Etrian Odyssey is good if you want a dungeon crawler that will kick your ***, but I'd just wait for the second one to come out in a few weeks.

For GBA I'd suggest Golden Sun for sure if you've never played it (play them in order, too), or one of the FF remakes.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Arcadios: Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga

Quoting Alastor: Advance Wars.

[QUOTE=Speedfreak;852102]Pok

Posted by Speedfreak

Wait for Fire Emblem or get the first Fire Emblem GBA game.

Posted by Linko_16

I almost mentioned FE myself, but he did say he didn't want strategy games. Not that it stopped me from recommending Advance Wars, but...

Posted by Roger Smith

I said I didn't want an RPG like Final Fantasy Tactics or Phantom Brave. But I'll consider all the games you guys listed. Especially if they're cheap.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Linko_16: I almost mentioned FE myself, but he did say he didn't want strategy games. Not that it stopped me from recommending Advance Wars, but...

Which is why I didn't really recommend it. I just said it was too good for him. :cool:

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Roger Smith;852188]I said I didn't want an RPG like Final Fantasy Tactics or Phantom Brave. But I'll consider all the games you guys listed. Especially if they're cheap.

Listen sonny, I don't give a f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck what you like, you're buying Fire Emblem.

EDIT: Path of Radiance? This ain't no 2005. It's all about the Radiant Dawn now.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Sigma Star Saga is a pretty cool GBA game. It's a top-down adventure game half the time, but random encounters beam you up to a random starfighter where you play a short horizontal-scrolling shooter stage for EXP.

Also, check out the 3 Castlevania's on GBA and the 2 on DS. They're Super Metroid-style, like Symphony of the Night. Good stuff.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village for the DS is fun if you like brain-teasers and point-and-click adventures.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Speedfreak: Path of Radiance? This ain't no 2005. It's all about the Radiant Dawn now.

I'd really rather not play a sequel to a game I know nothing about other than "It's the one with Ike." :link:

Fire Emblem is basically the same as Advance Wars, but individual units are actually important, right?

Posted by Linko_16

I'm only now beginning to play the first US Fire Emblem (the second for the GBA, globally speaking), and yeah, each unit is a character with his or her own background and motivation, a character who will not be replaced if they die, so it certainly increases your motivation to finish missions flawlessly. If someone dies, I always start that mission over, which for now isn't too big a deal but I'm sure it will be very troublesome as the game gets more difficult.

Posted by Slade

Quoted post: Fire Emblem is basically the same as Advance Wars, but individual units are actually important, right?

It's a lot different. You have real exp, items, and other rpg-type stuff. Plus one wrong move can ruin your chances at winning that mission and later ones.

If you're just looking for the best Castlevania on GBA, it's Aria of Sorrow, btw.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Linko_16;852359][COLOR=indigo]I'm only now beginning to play the first US Fire Emblem (the second for the GBA, globally speaking), and yeah, each unit is a character with his or her own background and motivation, a character who will not be replaced if they die, so it certainly increases your motivation to finish missions flawlessly. If someone dies, I always start that mission over, which for now isn't too big a deal but I'm sure it will be very troublesome as the game gets more difficult.[/COLOR]

That's why I like it, managing to keep playing means actually keeping your morale up and makes the missions actually worth completing and therefore the game worth playing. I can't stand how modern games won't let you lose any more. It's like the feminisation of Britain's education system, where competition is severely downplayed in the interested of everying feeling like they're winning. Might as well just hand out gold ribbons from the start and roll the hour and a half's worth of cutscenes.

Posted by Apathetic

Does Golden Sun count? MMBN2/3 I guess, but I cant remember if those are rpg games.

Posted by Linko_16

I forgot Mega Man Battle Network. I only played the second one, but it was really good.

Posted by Roger Smith

Nah, I will stay as far away from MMBN as I can.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You're denying yourself a pretty great experience.

Posted by Roger Smith

Worth it.

Posted by Alastor

2 was definitely my favorite.

BUY IT, FAGGOT.

Ought to be dirt cheap now, anyways.