Averatec-Intel Classic

Posted by cool gamer dad

There's been another Starcraft tournament going on over at GOMTV for a couple of months now, with Tasteless casting again. And it's fun as hell to watch live!

http://www.gomtv.net/

It started out with 128 players I believe, and it's now down to the final 32. Anyway, if anyone wants to watch the next round this Saturday, I'll have an MSN chat open dedicated to all kinds of Starcraft-watching Flash Fanboyism madness. It starts at 2:00 AM PST, 5:00AM EST, and 10:00 AM for you dudes in the UK... and it typically runs for about three hours.

You have to download and install the GOMTV player. And once you do, go to the Live section... and when it's ready to air, the gray "Watch Live!" button will turn orange. Then you click it.

I know Slade will be there. So we have one person lol. Anyone up for it?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'm in. I loved the Star Invitational.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Right on! This is pretty much the time you wanna start watching. Top 32 and further is when it gets effin intense. Though you tend to see most of the odd and unorthodox build orders from the newer players earlier in the tournament that don't really expect to go far, which can be pretty entertaining. Those are up in the VOD section if you haven't already found your way there.

Posted by Slade

WOOOOOOOOOOOO FLASH

Totally looking forward to Saturday. I hope to see more of Out-of-Place White Guy.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I hope it's Stork vs. Flash in the finals again.

Watch Stork choke in the finals again. He's such a consistent 2nd place.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The king of second bananas.

Posted by cool gamer dad

There's some ****ing Starcraft going down tonight.

3.5 hours!!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Man, totally missed it. ****.

Posted by Slade

Yeah, it's just ending now. But you basically missed it after the first 45 minutes when Flash played.

next week. be there.

So Flash crushed everyone?

Posted by Slade

He crushed the guy he played. It's set up 1v1, best out of three. And I think they do four sets of that for each broadcast.

It's crazy though... you see other guys win, but it's never quite like how Flash dominates. I think it's just that he never misses an opportunity.

Posted by cool gamer dad

He's also gotten waaaaay more technical I've noticed. It used to be him just making a ton of units and steamrolling the other guy, which he still does... but he's actually using some really micro-intensive strategies which I'm not used to seeing from Flash.

Maybe it's just the nature of TvT...

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Ohhhh ***.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ANGELWING?!?! [IMG]http://i.somethingawful.com/images/emot-dance.gif[/IMG]

sup (H)

Star-what? This thread needs more kitties.

Posted by cool gamer dad

UM, excuse me. This is my Starcraft thread.

Posted by Slade

ya srsly fgt

Posted by Slade

The GOMTV app still didn't work for me tonight. :(

Didn't work for my roommate running Vista either. GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY

Posted by Skitzo Control

I don't know why, although I know StarCraft is much more balanced and, overall, a better game, I really get quite bored watching it. I'm just not nearly as entertained by as much as I am WarCraft or Halo. :-/ Then again, I can still appreciate and recognize good players when I see 'em.

Posted by Slade

h-h-holy ****. tonight's Flash vs. Memory games were the most intense I've ever watched live. SO MUCH BATTLE CRUISER MADNESS. And then the last one... I can't comprehend how he pulled that one off.

and tasteless delivered on the entertainment. WATER BATS? LITTLE MEN INSIDE TURRETS?!?!

Posted by cool gamer dad

siiigh, I had to get up early. But right you are. That second game was insane, and the third game i have no idea how Flash stopped a 2 Facroty proxy after going fast Command Center. Just ****ing incredible.

I think it would have worked out much better had Memory gone for the fast vultures right when those factories finished. Flash was 100% vulnerable. He didn't even have a factory of his own half-completed.

ffffffffffffffffffffffff

Posted by cool gamer dad

Jaedong's looking crazy strong right now. Think he might actually have this.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I take that back. I think he has it easily.

Posted by Slade

I saw about ten minutes of it before my GOM player stopped and wouldn't start working again. :(

Gonna have to catch up this weekend, since I can't stream anything here.

This better not be a Starcraft thread.

Posted by cool gamer dad

jaedong?! dude, totally SC. he's a monster cat zerg machine.

Posted by cool gamer dad

MSL finals. WOW. Speechless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbNtpjz-OZY

watch all 3