Obama is the dem nominee.

Posted by Shevanel

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/03/election.democrats/index.html?obama=winner

Clinton's yet to do/say anything.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Shevanel;851849]Clinton's yet to do/say anything.
I can't wait until she does. Everything she says is hilarious fantasy.

Posted by Fate

This was unexpected.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Shevanel: Clinton's yet to do/say anything.

Right after the video of Obama making the announcement there's one of Clinton congratulating him... I don't know if you mean she hasn't done anything besides that, though.

Her video sucked. Only worth watching for the cute red-head in the back.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Slade: Right after the video of Obama making the announcement there's one of Clinton congratulating him... I don't know if you mean she hasn't done anything besides that, though.

Her video sucked. Only worth watching for the cute red-head in the back.

Yeah, but in that speech Tuesday night, she didn't concede or use any words that would indicate that she was acknowledging that Obama was the nominee.

I'm mostly glad that Terry McAullife is done talking. He's so annoying...

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

yay! no more move to canada!

Posted by Lord of Spam

it will be interesting to see how the black voter demographic changes, to say the least. mostly, to see if there will be an influx of black voters who are motivated largely by the fact that they share an ethnic background. Also interesting is seeing whether there is a sort of closet racist backlash.

oh well, the two people i was considering voting for are now running against each other. guess ill have to end up doing my homewrok on who gest my vote after all :(

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Lord of Spam: it will be interesting to see how the black voter demographic changes, to say the least. mostly, to see if there will be an influx of black voters who are motivated largely by the fact that they share an ethnic background. Also interesting is seeing whether there is a sort of closet racist backlash.

oh well, the two people i was considering voting for are now running against each other. guess ill have to end up doing my homewrok on who gest my vote after all :(

You can always wait till they pick running mates and base your decision off of that.

Honestly, it seems like the running mate's most important job is to appeal to voters that the candidate wouldn't appeal to. Like their primary purpose is to help the nominee get elected.

I think it would be interesting if Obama selected AZ Governor [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Napolitano]Janet Napolitano[/url]. As a woman, she'd recover a lot of the support lost by the ridiculous Clinton supporters who now pledge to vote for McCain. Also, as it stands, Arizona is a guaranteed win for McCain in the fall, as he is the AZ senator and has been for some time. But if the AZ governor was on the other ticket, that would really bring AZ into play for either side. Also, as a governor, Napolitano has experience that Obama does not. Like executive experience.

Posted by Foppy D

he's black

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

i just want free health care, ****it

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I don't think Obama is promising national health care, is he? I thought it was just a more low income-friendly service?

Posted by WillisGreeny

I thought he said he'd look into it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

look into =/= promise

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

in fact that's pretty much the ultimate political way of saying 'no'

Posted by WillisGreeny

Never said he promised.

look into = plausable deniability of ever saying he would.

Posted by Lord of Spam

slippery slope

do it for some, then do it for a few more, etc

may not be what we want THIS SECOND, but sets the course fo rit in the future

Posted by Foppy D

you disagree Obama is black?