Pokemon Platinum

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Yup its confirmed!
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/platinum/index.html
click the button on the page for some pictures!

Posted by Shade

NINTENDO IS TRYING TO SIPHON MY MONEY

Not getting this unless it has a good story.

Posted by Zeta

Want Battle Frontier, but don't want to transfer all 493 of my Pokemon.

Posted by Slade

One new form really doesn't excite me at all. I might play it if there are enough cool tweaks, but I don't think I'll be transferring my collection over there or anything.

Posted by Alastor

It was confirmed like a week ago in corocoro.

I'll probably end up buying it, seeing as I'm pretty hooked on Pokemon again right now. I just hope there are enough tweaks to justify it. Hooked in Gen 1 (who wasn't?), in ****ing LOVE with Gen 2, didn't care much during Gen 3, but Gen 4's stepped it back up a bit for me. That said, even though Gen 2 was my favorite, I haven't played a "third" game since Yellow. I skipped Crystal and Emerald.

Oh, and Lucas looks like even more of a dork than he did before. I'll probably just pick Dawn again. Wonder what her new outfit looks like... Not as retarded as Lucas', I hope.

Posted by Arcadios

in b4 you get to catch Darkrai but have to look around for Dialga and Palkia.

But I'm probably gonna skip out on this one since I got bored with Diamond after beating the Elite Four and transfer my pokemon from Fire Red and Emerald. Pokemon's been dead to me for awhile now. :(

Posted by Zeta

[quote]in b4 you get to catch Darkrai but have to look around for Dialga and Palkia.

The story important Pokemon is Giratina.

And actually today Toys R Us is giving away the event item to access Darkrai. SHould go if you've got nothing better to do.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

One new feature is new Underground Wi Fi. Because of that I will be getting it.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Zeta: The story important Pokemon is Giratina.

And actually today Toys R Us is giving away the event item to access Darkrai. SHould go if you've got nothing better to do.

Only that day? :(

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Apathetic: Only that day? :(

Over the weekend. Event's already over. They'll be giving out those Darkrais at the Nintendo World Store in New York City all month long, though.

Your best bet's just to get one from the interewebs unless you live in New York.

Posted by Shade

Why haven't they used the idea of revisiting continents since G/S I have no idea.

BUT IF THEY SURPRISE WITH THAT IN PLATINUM IT WOULD BE PRETTY COOL

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Shade;852893]Why haven't they used the idea of revisiting continents since G/S I have no idea.

BUT IF THEY SURPRISE WITH THAT IN PLATINUM IT WOULD BE PRETTY COOL

Probably because they run out of storage space because they put way too many ****ing Pokemon in the game.

or because they like having people buy separate games

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Stalolin: Probably because they run out of storage space because they put way too many ****ing Pokemon in the game.

or because they like having people buy separate games

Both.

It'd be hard to properly do that idea with more than one other region. It worked in G/S/C because they beefed up the levels of everything in Kanto. Were they to add a third region, everything would be Level 100 already, and that'd be pretty boring. They'd have to change how the entire EXP system works.

Posted by Shade

I never said backpedal to all of them, just one more would be nice. Not having that in subsequent games was a huge letdown after G/S/C.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Alastor: Over the weekend. Event's already over. They'll be giving out those Darkrais at the Nintendo World Store in New York City all month long, though.

Your best bet's just to get one from the interewebs unless you live in New York.

Toys R Us has held several events for Manaphy, so shouldn't they do more than just one for Darkrai? That's what I'm holding out for.

Posted by Alastor

http://www.pokemon.com/#news_/XML/news_262.xml

Don't hold your breath.

Posted by Slade

**** sucks. I found out about the Manaphy things at Toys R Us just by chance, but didn't know about the Darkrai one until two days after it was over.

Anyways, I'll still be holding my breath because I'm holding out for a legit one. Don't care enough about collecting pokemon to want them all, anyways. Having a legit Darkrai would be kinda cool though.

Posted by Apathetic

How about a legit arceus? when does the info on getting that come out :p

Posted by Slade

The other day I was wondering if pretty soon someone will complete the first 100% legit collection. As far as I know, the first opportunity to get a legit Mew on D/P/P will be with Everyone's Pokemon Ranch... and if Arceus has already been given out in Japan, then wouldn't that be the last one to collect?

Posted by Alastor

Arceus hasn't been officially announced by Nintendo at all yet.

I'm expecting Movie 12, MAYBE Movie 13, to revolve around him, though.

Edit: New Platinum info from Serebii.

* Shaymin will automatically convert to Sky Forme when sent over to Platinum and will stay Land Forme on Diamond & Pearl
* The Torn World, positioned above the Spear Pillar, really utilizes the 3D engine of the game and has the lands in a 3D isometric view
* There are various other new areas positioned in Sinnoh for you to explore
* The new characters are apparently there to determine the cause of the recent climate change, which has made Sinnoh colder, which explains the ultra warm clothes of the protagonists

Posted by Shevanel

Quoting Slade: One new form really doesn't excite me at all. I might play it if there are enough cool tweaks, but I don't think I'll be transferring my collection over there or anything.

Giratina, Shaymin and Regigigas all have new forms.

Posted by Slade

FOUR NEW FORMS?!

I'm buying it on launch day.

Posted by Alastor

http://www.serebii.net/platinum/pics.shtml

Several new areas. The "climate change" has me curious, too. You can see snow on the ground here and there in certain screenshots in towns that didn't have any.

Torn World looks ****ing trippy.

Posted by Skyway

Posted by Alastor

POST OF THE YEAR

Posted by Apathetic

POST OF THE DECADE

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

SCARFS AND HOODS are the new BELTAN ZIPPERS.

Posted by Shevanel

Quoting Skyway: ...

Where the wind takes me........

Posted by Slade

Isn't that what that one chick from Soul Calibur says? I remember getting a good laugh out of it the first time.

and, uhh, pokemon is really cool and I want to play it badly.

Posted by jake from da vgchat

post of the century (sorry couldnt resist ^.^

Posted by Shevanel

Quoting jake from da vgchat: post of the century (sorry couldnt resist ^.^

If you are seriously nineteen years of age I pity you and your social prowess

Posted by Shade

I really want Shaymin Sky Forme.

Posted by Apathetic

For shaymin I am confused how snail=dog?

Posted by O.T.L

new forms, ****ed up towns. sounds pretty cool! I was definitely not getting it, until now... now I might get it.