The Happening

Posted by WillisGreeny

And I had thought Shyamalan's movies, Signs and The Village, would end his career inorder to prevent another pretensious thriller movie that promises "The Sixth Sense" quality, only to fall extremely short. I find it interesting that this next movie is probably going to have more gore than any of his others, making me wonder if Night has fallen into the slasher genre! Eeeck. Movie looks dumb.

Posted by Tyler Durden

The best film M. Night Shyamalan will EVER direct, is his own suicide footage.

Posted by Old_Snake

His last few effects were pretty weak, so I'm not looking forward to this that much, though I have to say it does look interesting. Probably just wait for the DVD release or something

Posted by Bebop

I dont get why people hate him so much. Sixth Sense and Signs are jolly good fun and Unbreakable was pretty sweet. Lady in The Water, although quite bland, was refreshing to see a director try something different. An idea many Hollywoodians should try (Burton you listening? The faggy goth **** is over. Move on. Theres life after Depp!). The trailers for The Happening are poor but then again the 300 trailer was actually better than the film so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Posted by Shevanel

TWEEEEEEEEEEEST

The trailer for this has been an in-joke with friends for a while now. The line "It appears that an event is happening" gets us every time.

PEOPLE

AN EVENT IS HAPPENING

Posted by Crazy K

I'll be sure to rent it once it hits store shelves, but I don't have any plans to see it in theaters. What I found funny about the tv spots was that they keep saying "M. Nights first R rated film".

Posted by Fate

I'd watch it in theaters.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

.........or maybe just go to a website.....hehehe

Posted by nintendope

i'll download it.

Posted by Tyler Durden

The trailer was enough for me to turn away from it-

Posted by Dexter

I did laugh about the bit about bumblebees mysteriously disappearing from the planet. It reminded me of the giggles I got from 'there’s no future without babies' from the Children of Men trailer or 'our sun is dying' from the Sunshine trailer. Any film that seems to be about losing something particular makes me chuckle for some reason.

Not that I have any idea what this film is about. I never know what any of his films are about from the trailers. So mysterious.

I'd like to see it. I enjoy both Zooey Deschanel and John Leguizamo.

Posted by Slade

The part that makes me giggle is the "With whom?" line. The way he says it seems really forced, I guess.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

idk, looks like it could be fun. I like Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel and suicide is always fun to watch, so I'll check it out.

Posted by Shevanel

Quoting Slade: The part that makes me giggle is the "With whom?" line. The way he says it seems really forced, I guess.

the fact that he said 'whom' is what made me laugh

Posted by Bebop

It's about plants and trees conspiring to kill off the human race because of our pollution.

I read a review which called the plot dumb.

The review also praised Sixth Sense, a film where a kid sees dead people, and Signs, where Mel Gibson fights Jewish aliens. Surely now we've reached the stage where saying Shamalyn uses silly plots is meaningless?

Yeah, seems to be another flop. Shame, the idea was good, but apparently he ****ed it up. Not surprising I guess.

Posted by Fate

Aw, gay. I wanted to watch it. I love suspense/horror flicks. :(

apparently it's the furthest thing from those two genres!

Posted by WillisGreeny

Did Batman's Poison Ivy write this movie?

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=WillisGreeny;854357]Did Batman's Poison Ivy write this movie?

pffft-
as if!
[IMG]http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/batman___robin/uma_thurman/leafbrow.jpg[/IMG]

I would've fapped all over the script if she penned it.

Posted by Shevanel

WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM? WITH WHOM?