Rambo V-

Posted by Tyler Durden

[URL="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1206885/"]Confirmed.[/URL]

[quote]But wait! Like a coin-op catfight between Steve Wiebe and Billy Mitchell…Rambo V might still have a shot! It seems Stallone is giving mixed signals from across the bar to his second most famous character. Kissy Kissy. Most recently, he said a third sequel will “depend on the success of this one, but right now I think I’m gearing one up. It will be quite different.” What!?! That would totally negate the response he gave here saying no more Rambo flicks ever, not even in…space. And yet at this rather recent [URL="http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_13893.html"]link[/URL], he combines this “yes, no” weirdness, and I’d say it’s the best response to where Rambo V stands. When asked if he’ll return for another Rambo sequel he says straight-up, “No.” But when asked if he’d consider another Rambo sequel (what balls this interviewer has, eh?), Stallone says…

“I have a very, very bizarre idea. It’s probably so absurd, but it’s got to formulate a little bit. If I told you I was going to do one about a sixty one year old boxer, you’d go, ‘Yup!’ But if you find the right formula almost anything is feasible. It’s just coming in there and making the audience go, ‘Okay, that’s possible. That is feasible.’ It’s weird. I mean, Space Cowboys. Hello? But it worked.”

Hello? Did Stallone really just friggin’ imply that Rambo is going to space? I mean, there are lots of movies with old dudes kicking younger dudes’ asses. Why name drop Space Cowboys? Lastly, the creator of the Rambo character, David Morrell, has commented at length on his liking the new film, and it’s worth a read.

How old is Rambo now, "like 80"?

Posted by Crazy K

The new film wasn't that good, so I don't see a point in bringing out another sequel.

Posted by Tyler Durden

The gore son, the gore..

Posted by Fragliche

I never liked the original Rambo, so I'm clearly not going to like the fifth.

Posted by Old_Snake

The original Rambo was the only one I liked, since then they really delved into the mindless action flick, with the newest one being the most mindless one of all. I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing this, if I do actually watch it it'll mostly likely be a lazy day rental and not much more

Posted by Crazy K

The first is by far my favorite of the bunch.

[quote=Tyler Durden;851395]The gore son, the gore..

Yeah, thats the only thing that kept me watching.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Can't really explain it-
but, I'll definitely watch it.

Through the end credits of Rambo, we saw John Rambo returning to his father's ranch in Bowie, Arizona. So, maybe his father has some run-ins with trouble and John has to come in; knives gleaming and guns blazing, to save pop's..

[quote]On February 2, 2008, Sylvester Stallone informed Reuters in an interview that making a fifth Rambo would depend on the success of the fourth movie but that he thought he was "gearing one up" and that it would "be quite different". On March 10, 2008, Moviehole.net revealed that in an interview with Metro magazine, Stallone said that he was "half-way through" writing Rambo V and that it would not be another war movie. On March 20, Moviehole.net also said that ScreenDaily.com had revealed that the film would be shot in Bulgaria and later received word from a source that Bulgaria was to double for John Rambo's home town in Arizona.

Posted by Bebop

I've never seen a Rambo film and although the latest one pretty much didn't get any good reviews I still want to see it because the trailer was awesome. The bit where he shots the guy with the mounted gun? Priceless. But wasn't the latest update supposed to round of the franchise much like Balboa? I didn't see it, so did it end open or what?

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Bebop;851525]I've never seen a Rambo film and although the latest one pretty much didn't get any good reviews I still want to see it because the trailer was awesome. The bit where he shots the guy with the mounted gun? Priceless. But wasn't the latest update supposed to round of the franchise much like Balboa? I didn't see it, so did it end open or what?

I'd call a closer; but in a way, it still held a minor chance to carry on. I mean, John finally returns home, to the States. Nothing more than him walking down a long dirt road to his father's ranch and the credits scrolling as you see the mailbox. So, maybe it does have the potential to spawn a sequel.

But, Stallone claims this next installment will NOT be a "war movie", so WHAT THE [EMAIL="****!@&$"]****!@&$[/EMAIL]?

Posted by WillisGreeny

And Rocky Balboa wasn't a boxing movie; it was a ducumentry about getting old, right?

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=WillisGreeny;851659]And Rocky Balboa wasn't a boxing movie; it was a ducumentry about getting old, right?

It was an underdog story; about coming out of retirement to regrasp that diginity he once held, proving himself to his peers, that he still had the 'Eye of the Tiger'. Old dogs do learn new tricks, but still-

Stallone should just stay the **** back on the porch.

Posted by nintendope

i liked all the rambo's. first and 3rd the most. but the 4th was **** good, it may be mindless but it was mindless fun. I dont know about a sequel though..