Music-related videos

Posted by Slade

Here's where you post videos of artists doing their thing. Official music videos and non-traditional filmed bits are welcome.

[youtube=sRwPkiiTut4]sRwPkiiTut4[/youtube]
Solmania member Masahiko Ohno, living room session

I ****ing love this video. What I like most is the presentation. With what's playing on the TV before he starts and the fact that his cat makes an appearance... just magical. [spoiler]in b4 bewitched[/spoiler]

Posted by Corrupt

omg how could u like that????? thats just noise not music man get a life!!!!!!!!!!!

Great video, man. I really liked some of the sounds he produced, particularly the part at around 4:00 where the guitar actually sounds like a person screaming bloody murder. I also liked how it seemed that his cat was darting back and forth throughout the session, but you could just see the very top of him, obviously scared shitless. :3

This isn't on Youtube, so I'll just link to it [url=http://www.last.fm/music/Animal+Style/+videos/5637336]here[/url]. The title is (well, unofficially) "Gameboy Foot Controller" by an upcoming guitarist/chiptune artist by the name of Animal Style. Seeing him in action is certainly a treat, and while you don't have to watch the whole seven minutes, you will be treated to a guest appearance from his cat!

Great thread idea, by the way. I don't know why this hadn't been done sooner, but I'll definitely use this thread in the future.

Posted by Stalolin

[youtube=oUG0GjdoGHE]oUG0GjdoGHE[/youtube]

BLONDIE

HEART OF GLASS

because i like blondie!

Posted by Omni

[youtube=IuezNswtRfo]IuezNswtRfo[/youtube]

Posted by Slade

Ahhhhh yes. I was afraid to ask for only videos involving cats in some way, but that's what I secretly wanted. :3 Never heard of the artist before, but I like the guitar + 8-bit thing. Especially those epic harmonies... makes me want to play an old RPG.

edit: wow, double ninja'd

Posted by Slade

[youtube=ScAiiKuiVl0]ScAiiKuiVl0[/youtube]
REALICIDE live at RRRecords covering Black Flag's "Depression"
speedcore/noise

The first 1:30 is amazing, and afterwards it's still pretty ****ing sweet. At first I was like "wtf is up with the audience" but then I found out the people who I thought were acting weird are actually pretty well known in the Boston noise scene. anyways, uh... corrupt, watch this. :D

Posted by Richaod

[youtube=BW3gKKiTvjs]BW3gKKiTvjs[/youtube]

Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

You'd be surprised how disturbing a woman in a red dress in a field can be.

Posted by Omni

[youtube=omhuW5fy5XM]omhuW5fy5XM[/youtube]

Fan-made video that received a lot of praise from Brian May, and the song is awesome.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Slade: REALICIDE live at RRRecords covering Black Flag's "Depression"
speedcore/noise

The first 1:30 is amazing, and afterwards it's still pretty ****ing sweet. At first I was like "wtf is up with the audience" but then I found out the people who I thought were acting weird are actually pretty well known in the Boston noise scene. anyways, uh... corrupt, watch this. :D

Hooooly fuck that was good. Now I'm really going to have to check these guys out. Thanks, man!

Edit: and god damn it they were playing at the Smog Shop in National City (which is about 45 minutes from here) last night. :( IF ONLY I'd known about them juuuuust a little sooner!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

[youtube=P4MXIydKVXw]P4MXIydKVXw[/youtube]

Converge - Conduit

Easily my favourite live videos if only because of how crazy the whole thing seems. Awesome audience participation.

Posted by Slade

I've never listened to Conduit but that video made me go OHHHHHH a few times. intense
[youtube=dpG9teznu30]dpG9teznu30[/youtube]
Black Pus live at the Starlight Ballroom

Brian Chippendale of Lightning Bolt's solo project. Tons of noise over awesome drumming. hilarity at ~0:40

3 more videos from that show are up, as well.

****ing awesome. It's hilarious to hear him talk normally with the echo effect still on. Someone has to upload some of his stuff. Anything Lightning Bolt related is brilliant.

Posted by Slade

I downloaded one Black Pus album before I'd ever listened to Lightning Bolt, so I'll up that this weekend when I get back to my place.

Posted by Slade

@Vamp: If you ever get back, I'll cut you a deal. I'll upload Black Pus for you, and then a year from now you can upload the superior T.O.M.B. album for me.

[youtube=67n-D1NEH64]67n-D1NEH64[/youtube]

Hurra Torpedo covering Total Eclipse of the Heart

broken kitchen appliances, *** cracks, and one seriously awesome beard.

Quoted post: @Vamp: If you ever get back, I'll cut you a deal. I'll upload Black Pus for you, and then a year from now you can upload the superior T.O.M.B. album for me.

didn't I upload that?

Posted by Slade

You know... I really don't remember, but I sorta remember having this same discussion 2-3 times in the past. So nevermind, I'm probably just a dummy. uploadin nao

I'll upload it anyways.

Posted by Corrupt

[youtube=QCj-P_6AgdI]QCj-P_6AgdI[/youtube]

Various clips from No Fun Fest 2007 in New York City. After watching all the events from Merzbow's classic walls of noise to Keiji Haino going all out with his junk guitar, I can say that I really wish it wasn't exclusively in NYC. :( I also got a cruel laugh out of Slogun being booed off the stage at the end. Not that I have anything against the guy's noise, he just tries to play the tough guy act a bit too much. "FUK U FUK U FUK U!!!!!"

p.s. wtf is this shit its just noise !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Omni

Here's some classics.

Depeche Mode - Halo:
[youtube=bxYuvavjCsk]bxYuvavjCsk[/youtube]

Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas:
[youtube=dtBr5JKSuks]dtBr5JKSuks[/youtube]

Swans - Love of Life:
[youtube=4EfxK0s-eFA]4EfxK0s-eFA[/youtube]

Posted by cool gamer dad

[youtube=yeS4I6S77ZI]yeS4I6S77ZI[/youtube]

aww heck yeah

Posted by Slade

[youtube=0RgdZpnJ9zs]0RgdZpnJ9zs[/youtube]

The Protomen - Unrest in the House of Light

They really gotta release their new album.

Posted by Corrupt

time to bust out some thread necromancy on this bitch

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAQLxkZIEIc]PAQLxkZIEIc[/youtube]

brock is a fucking madman. this is him performing his track "civilizing people," and i gotta say it's pretty much exactly the same as when i saw him live. whole place went nuts, it was amazing. too bad the quality is so terrible though, be sure to watch it in HQ though i'm not sure if it makes too much of a difference :(