makin a flash game. any tips?

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

me and my friends are makin a flash game this year in our computer tech class and i was wonderin if i could acquire some tips...

it is going to be a side-scroller adventure fighting game kinda like contra, double dragon, river city ransom, and ghosts in goblins. We're putting in a shopping system to where you can buy abilities and stat enhancements like health, karma, and mana. the shops will be placed at the end of each level. we are looking at makin only about 6 or 7 levels with only 3 bosses and hoards of enemies which increases in difficulty and amount as you go from easy, medium, and hard.

we are still developing the story of the game, but we curraintly have a baby dragon striving to survive, become an adult dragon, and achieve ultimate nirvana. Trying not to make it too complicated, we only plan on making 3 levelups for this dragon.

so, it's all we've planned so far, and we've got till the end of june to come up with our game. any tips?

Posted by Proto Man

Yeah, make sure you have a GOOD up to date book on Flash. (If you are in the process of learning flash that is.) This kid in my vo-tech shop made a game in Flash, and ran into problems because the book was older than the version of Flash that we had

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

oh, we should, unless they cleaned out all their data since the last time i was there, and that was like 1 or 2 weeks ago...

Posted by Red

flash games take alot of time and patients. mine never ended up working, and just recently I started fiddling with flash again and forget how to do like everything :( I need a site that teaches me how to use it.

oh and for you're game, I always liked it when there were hidden things in levels that help alot if you ever find them.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

that would be cool. i'll discuss it with my friends about hidden items, areas, and shops but we're also trying to not make it too huge. maby like 1 hidden shop every three levels carrying hidden abilities and cheats and maby items... and then hidden areas carrying health and mana regen spots. also secret abilities that can only be accessed by doing something like a challenge..... like the achievement system on the 360

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

been discussing secret areas and cheats, but we pretty much have it down. we're not going to discuss much more about it right now, but we'll work more on it later.