Summer Contest: Win a FREE video game of your choice!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Video Game RPG is made, and the contest has started. Register at

[url=http://www.video-game-rpg.com/register.php?REF=1]http://www.video-game-rpg.com/[/url]

and click the Contest link. Since there are two ways to play, two players will win a free video game of their choice, along with 10 other winners, wining game packs.

Posted by nintendope

game is awesome!!!

question tho.. how are some people at level 50 and 100 when they havent even done anything? doesnt seem they are donators either

Posted by Jesse Smith

Thanks.

Take a look at the Battle Arena. Those arn't real players. Those are NPCs, Non Player Characters. You attack them for money. Notice the names are video game characters. Each town has it's own NPCs related to that town. And every one including NPCs start with five donator days. (I reset the game today, after playing and testing out the game for a month.)

Posted by nintendope

i got you, that's what i kind of thought..

good work though. i'll let you know if i run in to any problems. Also i'll put together a banner for you tonight.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I fixed one bug. When I busted you from jail, I ended up with something like -9 brave. It was looking at my energy instead of brave. Now it gives out an error message if you don't have enough brave to bust some one from jail.

Posted by nintendope

Quoting Jesse Smith: I fixed one bug. When I busted you from jail, I ended up with something like -9 brave. It was looking at my energy instead of brave. Now it gives out an error message if you don't have enough brave to bust some one from jail.

yeah i tried busting someone out didnt realize you needed a certain amount of brave.

Posted by nintendope

whenever i battle someone and try to gain experience i get 0% even when i defeat them..

Posted by Jesse Smith

It's supposed to be random, 2-6%. Attacking and clicking the first button, I just got...

You beat strago and gained 3% EXP!
You beat stone0075 and gained 5% EXP!
You beat WackoBuddy and gained 5% EXP!
You beat Nara and gained 3% EXP!

Posted by nintendope

Quoting Jesse Smith: It's supposed to be random, 2-6%. Attacking and clicking the first button, I just got...

You beat strago and gained 3% EXP!
You beat stone0075 and gained 5% EXP!
You beat WackoBuddy and gained 5% EXP!
You beat Nara and gained 3% EXP!

it came up 0% for me twice

Posted by nintendope

i dont know if you noticed but there is no meter for the mine points

Posted by Jesse Smith

Yep, I know about the meter. Try attacking a few more times. n64 man has been attacking like crazy so I think he's geting experience. If you click any of the other buttons, the ones for money, crystals, or a hospital visit, you don't get experience.

Posted by nintendope

Quoting Jesse Smith: Yep, I know about the meter. Try attacking a few more times. n64 man has been attacking like crazy so I think he's geting experience. If you click any of the other buttons, the ones for money, crystals, or a hospital visit, you don't get experience.

yeah he's a sneeky one, called a truce with me then put me in the hospital....

Posted by Jesse Smith

I get the error when trying to attack a Level 1 player. Once you pass level 5, you can't attack under level 5 players that registered with in the last 10 days, aka, the n00bies that are still in training!

Posted by nintendope

Quoting n64 man: The game told me that I couldnt attack anyone under level 5, but it still let me fight you for some reason.

so what was your reason for just doing it again =P

always attacking me when i have no health left either lol

Posted by nintendope

Quoting n64 man: jesse please make some more lvl 5 bots to kill!

And dude you killed mother brain before me while I was fighting her! It said "what a cheater you are!!" lol

I wasnt aware you were fighting her.

Posted by Jesse Smith

*Removes the under 5 restriction.* I'll bring it back when there's more above Level 5 players!! LOL Only us two right now!!

That's your payback for bailing me out of jail!! :D

Posted by nintendope

you should have a sleep option like an inn you can go to.

Posted by nintendope

Quoting n64 man: Correction, only us 3 are playing with an extra visitor every now & then. Oh and dope, if you have any heal potions, those can help you get away from doc mario.

didnt have any..

and you werent allowing me to get out of their long enough to earn any =P

Posted by nintendope

also you should add some mining level in between 1 and 20 such a big gap and level 1 you barely earn any crystals

Posted by nintendope

what about more attacks like combos, magic attacks, etc. etc. or are they later in the game?
and being able to do other things then attack during a fight like blocking & healing.

Posted by nintendope

i went for a collage kind of effect...

what do you think? I can make another if you would like..

Posted by Jesse Smith

Nice. *Uses it.* Can you make an image that instead of the title, has the domain video-game-rpg.com. I'll use the domain one as a signature image in other games.

As you gain Mine levels, you'll be able to do the Level 1 mine more times before runing out of power.

Posted by nintendope

Quoting Jesse Smith: Nice. *Uses it.* Can you make an image that instead of the title, has the domain video-game-rpg.com. I'll use the domain one as a signature image in other games.

As you gain Mine levels, you'll be able to do the Level 1 mine more times before runing out of power.

ok no problem, i'll work on some other variations for the top banner as well. but i'll make you a sig first.

Posted by nintendope

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/hatebound/l_1745aaaed48c1ea3cb5e25864a6cf006.gif[/IMG]

you've been owned

Posted by nintendope

Quoting n64 man: Look at this, every freaking time I get out of the hospital, he ****ing stalks my character, this **** is getting old fast

"May 28 2008, 9:06:57 am nintendope attacked you and took 0 crystals. Delete
May 28 2008, 8:42:02 am nintendope attacked you and left you lying outside Dr. Mario's office. Delete
May 28 2008, 8:33:15 am nintendope attacked you and left you lying outside Dr. Mario's office. Delete
May 28 2008, 8:27:45 am nintendope attacked you and left you lying outside Dr. Mario's office. Delete
May 28 2008, 8:15:33 am nintendope attacked you and left you lying outside Dr. Mario's office. Delete
May 28 2008, 7:26:49 am nintendope attacked you and left you lying outside Dr. Mario's office. Delete
May 28 2008, 7:08:03 am nintendope attacked you and left you lying outside Dr. Mario's office. Delete
May 28 2008, 6:38:33 am nintendope attacked you and left you lying outside Dr. Mario's office. Delete
May 28 2008, 6:17:38 am nintendope attacked you and left you lying outside Dr. Mario's office. Delete
May 28 2008, 5:58:40 am nintendope attacked you and left you lying outside Dr. Mario's office. Delete
"

it was for revenge purposes at first but then your messages calling me every name in the book just provoked me to do it more..

it's a game buddy get over it <3

Posted by nintendope

Quoting n64 man: Dude, youve got serious mental problems if you can't even let other players enjoy a freaking ONLINE GAME.

And hmm, I wonder why I was cursing.... Probably because you attacked me the second I got of a hospital OVER AND OVER AGAIN??

aw would you like a hug?

Posted by nintendope

Quoting n64 man: WHAT I WOULD LIKE IS FOR YOU TO LEAVE ME THE **** ALONE!!!!!!

How about I wait for you to quit playing, then I level up my character & do the same **** to you. You sure as hell wouldn't enjoy that now would you?

go for it :)
it's all in good fun there kiddo and it is infact a game.

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/hatebound/best_ever.gif[/IMG]

Posted by nintendope

hey jess for 10 brave you get 5 crystals
and for 25 brave you get 10 crystals
shouldnt you get like 15.. you're better off just using the 10 for 5

doesnt add up right.

Posted by Jesse Smith

If I ever get accepted in tbabtopgames.com, I plan on doing advertising there.

Yes, I noticed the crystals rewards were a little wacko!

Posted by Jesse Smith

I've been playing games that use this script since October 2006, so I know how to do that! Who ever spends the most time playing will win!! This is no spend five minutes a day game for any one that wants to win!!!! You have to have no life during summer vacation!! I got a job, so I won't be on as much as you two, hince I'm at a measly Level 7!!! LOL! I think you asked me yesterday how I was leveling up so fast!!

er, how are you leveling up so fast!!! :D:D:D

Posted by nintendope

Quoting Jesse Smith: I've been playing games that use this script since October 2006, so I know how to do that! Who ever spends the most time playing will win!! This is no spend five minutes a day game for any one that wants to win!!!! You have to have no life during summer vacation!! I got a job, so I won't be on as much as you two, hince I'm at a measly Level 7!!! LOL! I think you asked me yesterday how I was leveling up so fast!!

er, how are you leveling up so fast!!! :D:D:D

I may be unemployed due to this surgery but I do have better things to do, such as my girlfriend lol. I have my daughter half the week too so honestly winning this little game is the last thing on my mind.

Posted by nintendope

Quoting n64 man: Well I'm currently unemployed and I'm waiting to get hired. It may take a while!!

and dont forget a loser =P

i'm sure if you put as much effort into finding a job as you put into this game today alone you would actually find one.. ?!?

Posted by nintendope

Quoting n64 man: Heres a little bit of deja vu for you:
LOL quit your crying & grow up. It's just a game after all.

uh? crying? who's crying lol. you are a retard <3

Posted by nintendope

Quoting n64 man: Dont play stupid, I'm referring to this post. So quit your crying over a online game & grow up. LOL Oh and you do a bad job at trying to play like you don't even know what the hell I'm talking about either noob. LOL

you're seriously retarded..

the end.

Posted by Stalolin

so jesse if i win this can i request a factory sealed copy of earthbound

Posted by Jesse Smith

Bah!!! *Looks at top stats.* You're not even close to being #1!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Slade

Whoever wins better request a flipping awesome and hard to find game. No, wait, whoever wins better request MegaMan Legends for PS1.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Slade;851200]Whoever wins better request a flipping awesome and hard to find game. No, wait, whoever wins better request MegaMan Legends for PS1.

Better yet, just ask for a Wii Fit right now. Amazon's got them for around 180.

Posted by Jesse Smith

For the time required to play to stay #1 all summer, you would have to be nuts to request a 15 year old...$5 NES game!!!!!!! :D

Edit: er, were talking games, not fitness systems!!!! :D

Posted by Stalolin

Jesse, Earthbound for the SNES.

Rare and expensive.

Factory copies could go for around $80.

Posted by Slade

Honestly, I assumed Jesse would be like, "err, u can't request just anything, here's a list!!!!! :D:D:D:D"

Posted by Slade

See, that's what I'm talking about. It figures that the person who's most likely to win would end up doing it wrong.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Slade: See, that's what I'm talking about. It figures that the person who's most likely to win would end up doing it wrong.

psst, the contest hasn't even been going for a week. Theres still three months left. Theres no such thing as 'a person most likely to win'...yet!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Red

I dunno if this has been mentioned yet but is it possible to get pokeballs? aperently I've seen Mew like 5 times now and can't catch him.

Posted by Red

also, does attacking people depend on your level? I've been getting attacked alot and want to do some damage back but I' m afraid that since I'm significantly weaker, it wont be of any use.

Posted by Jesse Smith

For attacks, it's your stats!!! Also guard which makes you lose less HP. Attack weaker players for the experience. *cough*WackoHater*cough*

The Mew message is just one of the random street messages...that give you nothing!!!!

And if you havn't noticed...one of them takes some money away. So don't use the streets with a lot of cash out of the bank!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Oh no!!!!! It's already easy enough to gain levels!!!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Red

I'm not finding it THAT easy.
EDIT: what do estates do? and the place u live in? do they affect whats in the shops?

Posted by Jesse Smith

http://www.video-game-rpg.com/helptutorial.php

and read the Contest Tips....

http://www.video-game-rpg.com/contest.php *hint*#2 answers your question.*hint*

By the time you get to the other towns, the last thing you would want to have is the worthless/cheap weapons/armor in the first town...if you plan on attacking!!!

Posted by Red

Quoting Jesse Smith: Video Game RPG is made, and the contest has started. Register at

[url=http://www.video-game-rpg.com/register.php?REF=1]http://www.video-game-rpg.com/[/url]

and click the Contest link. Since there are two ways to play, two players will win a free video game of their choice, along with 10 other winners, wining game packs.

Jesse's link is wrong.

use this one instead: http://www.video-game-rpg.com/register.php?REF=297 :D

Posted by Jesse Smith

If you got a video game site or post on video game fourms, you can gain free crystals by linking to the game there!! *hint* :D:D:D:D

Posted by Red

I've already gained like 100 from doing it.

also Jesse, go to the forums at the videogame RPG site and look in the noobies help section, I have a question, rather a request about the Donor banks there.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Um, Red, your link isn't working!!! G-Sides and NES Queen just registered...using my link!!! :D:D:D:D

And to be the best, you need way more than 100 crystals!!! You have to always be geting crystals. I got 2,410 saved up. er, you are walking the streets, right!! One player has almost twice as many Crystals as I got!! :D

You also want Energy Potions!

Posted by Chrono

all this for a free game!!! it was a lot simpler when it was first to 4000 posts.
:P

Posted by Red

ummm, something is wrong. I've been logged on for about a good 15 minutes now and my will is 0%, and my energy, mine power, and brave haven't increased.

what gives?

EDIT: k the above message is old and the problem fixed itself;f but it's happening again.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Red: ummm, something is wrong. I've been logged on for about a good 15 minutes now and my will is 0%, and my energy, mine power, and brave haven't increased.

Do you train until your will is zero? Or is it right after buying property? Buying property knocks it down to zero. Or if it wasn't wither one of those, odds are, it was while crons wern't working.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=n64 man;853028]I doubt Tyler Durden is gonna win da contest!

Nice username hack-

I've already dropped out of it.
Besides, I know if I won, that-
Jesse wouldn't come to my demands of cheap booze and/or sex.

Because, there's really NOT any games I'd wish for or even care to engage with atm..

Posted by Kutlass

*does an Incredible Sulk*

i've got to stop going to watch movies i know i'll hate just to be social. i hate comic book superhero movies but liked the company i was with. next time i'm ditching everyone and seeing kung-fu panda instead regardless.

at least i didn't pay for the ticket. i never would have paid to see that incredible hulk of ****. =/