Devil plays the fiddle? Devil's kind of gay

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Apparently Charlie Daniels from the much famed Charlie Daniels Band isn't too happy with the way his song "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" is portrayed in Guitar Hero 3:

Quoted post: [COLOR="Yellow"]The song, "The Devil Went Down To Georgia," which I wrote, is supposed to be a lighthearted novelty about a fiddling contest between a country boy and the devil and the devil always loses.

That is not the case with the Guitar Hero version which comes complete with a horned, guitar-playing devil who battles the player and very often wins...I want any of you parents out there whose children have this game to know that I did not grant these people my permission to pervert my song and am disgusted with the result.[/COLOR]

It's obvious that Mr. Daniels has probably never played a video game in his life and misses the point that eventually you're supposed to win. This is a bit of old news but still interesting for those who haven't read it.[/COLOR]

[URL="http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/04/charlie_daniels_vs_guitar_hero.html"]http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/04/charlie_daniels_vs_guitar_hero.html[/URL]

Posted by Dexter

I kinda understand where's he's coming from. He would have been happier if the player won more often since it would reflect the purpose of his song better.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Oh man, I've beaten GH2 on Expert, and I can't even beat the Devil on Hard. **** that noise. I hate guitar battles.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Dexter: I kinda understand where's he's coming from. He would have been happier if the player won more often since it would reflect the purpose of his song better.

Actually, it reflects the song quite well. The fiddler (or in this case guitarist) overcomes and out does the devil in an instrument. A feat that I, for one, would not take lightly.

He's just being a whiny bitch, that's all.

Posted by Ziggy R

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Actually, it reflects the song quite well. The fiddler (or in this case guitarist) overcomes and out does the devil in an instrument. A feat that I, for one, would not take lightly.

He's just being a whiny bitch, that's all.

Precicely

Quoting The X: Oh man, I've beaten GH2 on Expert, and I can't even beat the Devil on Hard. **** that noise. I hate guitar battles.

You're not alone, my friend.