Street Fighter, again.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Quoted post: A new Street Fighter film is in development and is scheduled for a 2008 release. According to the screenwriter, Justin Marks, the plot will revolve around female fighter Chun-Li embarking on a quest. On December 21, 2007, Smallville star Kristin Kreuk was confirmed for the role of Chun-Li and film production will begin in March 2008. Michael Clarke Duncan has also been cast as boxer Balrog, Chris Klein will play Nash, and Gen, orginally intended for Rick Yune, will be played by Robin Shou, who played Liu Kang in the adaptations of the Mortal Kombat video games.

What the crap?!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

STOP PUTTING HYPHENS AT THE END OF THREAD TITLES

ITS ****ING ME OFF

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

GONNA BE ****ING AWESOME

Posted by Roger Smith

Your (possible) lack of meaty thighs and legs is disturbing.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

they can digitally add those in

Posted by Roger Smith

I only hope that chick can pull it off.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;849878]they can digitally add those in
Can't wait to see the ****ty effects on Chun-Li's rapid kick.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote][COLOR=#0066cc][IMG]http://www.gamemanx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/street-fighter-movie.jpg[/IMG][/COLOR]
Street Fighter Movie: Balrog, Chun Li, Charlie Revealed
Written by Fallback in Street Fighter

Variety magazine online has just posted and article revealing some interesting details about the upcoming new Street Fighter Movie. before I proceed I would like to remind you how horrible the previous attempt at a Street Fighter movie turned out to be. Kristin Kreuk of Lana Lane Smallville fame will play Chun-Li. The upcoming movie will focus on Chun Li for the plot of the story. The movie will be shot in Bangkok, Hong Kong and Vancouver. Michael Clarke Duncan of Green Mile and Daredevil fame will play as Balrog, Chris Klein will play Nash (aka Charlie) and other actors such as Moon Bloodgood, Taboo (from the Black Eyed Peas), Edmund Chen, and Cheng Pei Pei have been listed as casted but no details on what characters they play have been revealed. Bison is said to be the main villain in the film but has not yet been casted. Andrzej Bartkowiak is directing the film and "Voltron" writer Justin Marks is the script writer. Hong Kong fight choreographer Dion Lam ("The Matrix") is handling the fight sequences. [COLOR=#0066cc]Variety.[/COLOR]

Hmmm-

Posted by Dexter

I'd rather have another Double Dragon film.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I'd rather see a 'River City Ransom' flick..

Posted by Dexter

Definitely. If we're going after originals, how about Battletoads or Bubble Bobble?

Posted by Tyler Durden

I don't see Bubble Bobble working for anything other than a Saturday morning cartoon. But I do hear that the Castlevania flick is still underway.

Posted by Dexter

I never heard of that one. I sense total gothicness far beyond that given by Underworld.

Posted by Tyler Durden

It's been in the works since 2005, currently went on halt due to budget issues and the writers strike of 2007-and still on hold but not forgotten.

[quote]The premise will involve a Transylvanian knight and his men seeking refuge in a Gothic castle. They discover that the castle is controlled by the original vampire, Vlad the Impaler. The awakening of the vampire leads to a generational clash between Vlad and the Belmont clan, who seek to defeat him.
I'm too lazy to move this to it's own thread, and seeing as there's not much to report, other than a tiny bit of plot information-
**** it, back on subject:

The movies official title will be "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li".
Haha, and get this:
[quote]Jean-Claude Van ****e, who played Guile in the 1994 live-action Street Fighter film, stated that he was approached and offered a part in this movie. He turned it down because, according to him, he is now being careful in choosing film roles.
Nice, I'm somewhat stoked about it now.

Neal McDonough has been confirmed for the part of 'M.Bison'. As mentioned earlier, Robin Shou has replaced Rick Yune for the part of 'Gen'. Taboo (of the Black Eyed Peas) has been confirmed for 'Vega'. Moon Bloodgood however, will not be playing 'Cammy'-instead a supporting role possibly; Det. Maya Sunee. Whoever that is..

Filming locations have been slated for:
Bangkok, Thailand
Hong Kong, China, and
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Posted by Bebop

Older than the internet itself.

Nothing will beat the awesomness of the first one.