The Incredible Hulk

Posted by Tyler Durden

I actually look forward to seeing Abomination look like a '[URL="http://cardboardmonocle.com/blog/fxsuits/goomba.jpg"]Goomba[/URL]'.

[youtube=ZmYIdzgvOgo&hl]ZmYIdzgvOgo&hl[/youtube]

[youtube=_qTJ7fhPsmE&hl]_qTJ7fhPsmE&hl=en[/youtube]

[youtube=kzVNa0gH3Yg&hl]kzVNa0gH3Yg&hl[/youtube]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

let's hope it's better than the first!

Posted by Old_Snake

I think I'm one of the few who actually liked the first, not really as what I would envision of a Hulk movie, but ok, none the less.

Anyway, I'm really liking a lot of what I've been seeing of the new Hulk and I really enjoy Norton and looks much more around the lines of what I would think a Hulk movie should be.

Posted by Dexter

Make a thread about an interesting movie for a change. I've seen this story done enough. I doubt anyone's going to get me more interested in this guy's life. Boring.

I'm sure it'll be better than the last one though. gawd-awful.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

So theyre remaking movies that came out just 5 years ago now? Dosent look that interesting.

Posted by Tyler Durden

The only reason we have another Hulk, is to 1) make up for that gawdawful mess that happened on the silver screen 5 years ago. And 2) it's to tie in with other-upcoming films; such as the Avengers, Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man 2. Hence the Iron Man cameo in this Hulk.

Posted by Dexter

And money.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Quoted post: The (2003) film received mixed reviews, and polarized opinions from audiences with the film experiencing a second-weekend box office drop of 70%, the second-largest drop ever recorded for a movie that opened as the top box office draw its opening week. Comic fans and some of the public complained that the Hulk looked too fake, drawing comparisons to Shrek. The film is followed by the 2008 film The Incredible Hulk, which is not a direct sequel, but rather a reboot in the vein of Batman Begins.

After the 2003 film Hulk, Marvel Studios reacquired the rights to the character, and writer Zak Penn began work on a reboot that would be closer to the comics and the television series. Norton rewrote the script after he signed on to star, severing ties to its predecessor by retelling the origin story in flashbacks and revelations. Filming mostly took place in Toronto, Canada in 2007, and the film's crew went to great lengths to reduce the production's carbon emissions. Letterier's direction aimed to make the monsters look more realistic and frightening. He redesigned the Abomination, who in the comics is a reptilian KGB agent, into a mutant soldier with bony protrusions.

Personally, I'm glad they decided to go back and reshoot The Hulk.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[IMG]http://www.thebitbag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/im_hulkbuster2.jpg[/IMG]

HulkBuster suit, as seen in the Iron Man vg/film adaptation. I heard of the Stark cameo, for The Incredible Hulk. But-

could it be possible that his couterpart, Iron Man also gets a few minutes of air time against/with the jade behemoth?

Posted by Panic!

I'm usually not into the super hero movies, but I am looking forward to this. Edward Norton is an amazing actor. One of my favorites.

Posted by Fate

I didn't see the first one and now I don't have to! I'm glad they're doing an established-character story this time around instead of another origins one. I guess they decided to use the first movie as leverage for an origins story to avoid making a remake.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Fate;852553][COLOR=skyblue]I didn't see the first one and now I don't have to! I'm glad they're doing an established-character story this time around instead of another origins one. I guess they decided to use the first movie as leverage for an origins story to avoid making a remake.[/COLOR]

They didn't necessarily use the previous 'Hulk' flick for an origins peices. This refurbished installment is basically a series reboot (same with the new line of Batman films) from that garbage, with minor 'origin' backplot..

Com'on Fate, no one wants to remember the Hulk as "Shrek on steroids". Do they?

Posted by O.T.L

I think I was one of the few that liked the hulk movie , but I only liked it probably because I was 13 and the hulk had cool powers. Back then the hulk looked real to me , but I just googled a the hulk image and he does look like a cartoon. You think the could have made a hulk like the one now 5 years ago ?

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=oswaldothelegend;852627]I think I was one of the few that liked the hulk movie , but I only liked it probably because I was 13 and the hulk had cool powers. Back then the hulk looked real to me , but I just googled a the hulk image and he does look like a cartoon. You think the could have made a hulk like the one now 5 years ago ?

Had they of used Square Pictures' studios (the crew behind "Spirits Within"), then yes; we'd have a much sexayer Hulk. The technology and know-how behind CGI animation has always been there since day one of the the production of that garbage..

Posted by Bebop

Didnt see the first one. Don't understand why people are excited as they are to see this one either.

Posted by TimeSkipz

"After the 2003 film Hulk, Marvel Studios reacquired the rights to the character, and writer Zak Penn began work on a reboot that would be closer to the comics and the television series"

The 2003 film was not by Marvel Studios and also cannot be properly placed into the Marvel Studios story universe

Posted by Tyler Durden

Thanks for repeating my wiki reference..

Posted by Ant

stupid character, stupid concept, gonna suck.

Posted by Average n00b

Didn't enjoy the first one, this one looks pretty decent though! So I'm probably going to end up watching it.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Ant: stupid character, stupid concept, gonna suck.

Hulk really hasn't been the idiot he's been portrayed as for a long while now. Him and Banner have merged into an intelligent being since World War Hulk. Whether if it was actually before that I wouldn't know.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Fate;853098][COLOR=skyblue]Hulk really hasn't been the idiot he's been portrayed as for a long while now. Him and Banner have merged into an intelligent being since World War Hulk. Whether if it was actually before that I wouldn't know.[/COLOR]

Since the 80's- [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_versions_of_Hulk"]Gray Hulk[/URL].
And then there's [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hulk"]Red Hulk[/URL], which appears to be tactically intelligent.

Posted by Fate

Red Hulk isn't Banner and the 80s sucked. What I'm talking about is a complete merger between Banner and Hulk in terms of strength and intelligence.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, I read that far into 'World War Hulk'. I haven't picked up a graphic novel or single issue in years, which if I do so happen to read into any comic universe; it's either online in a plot synopsis or I download the issues.

I knew Red Hulk wasn't Banner, I'm not oblivious to marketing gimics. Marvel is easy to read when they advertise/introduce a new villain/adversary.

The 80's did suck, ideas then were becoming more and more flawed with this New Wave scene, as seen apparent by most of the uniforms and outfits worn by the X-Men.

Goomba!!
[IMG]http://incrediblehulk.marvel.com/wallpapers/wall6_1024.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Fate: Hulk really hasn't been the idiot he's been portrayed as for a long while now. Him and Banner have merged into an intelligent being since World War Hulk. Whether if it was actually before that I wouldn't know.

Pre-WWH (Planet Hulk), the Banner side of Hulk was almost completely gone. He was still there, but only vaguely, though he could still change at will it was still mostly Hulk with Banner in the background.

Quoting Tyler Durden: [IMG]http://www.thebitbag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/im_hulkbuster2.jpg[/IMG]

HulkBuster suit, as seen in the Iron Man vg/film adaptation. I heard of the Stark cameo, for The Incredible Hulk. But-

could it be possible that his couterpart, Iron Man also gets a few minutes of air time against/with the jade behemoth?

That would be awesome, far too awesome to be true:(

Quoted post: I think I was one of the few that liked the hulk movie , but I only liked it probably because I was 13 and the hulk had cool powers. Back then the hulk looked real to me , but I just googled a the hulk image and he does look like a cartoon. You think the could have made a hulk like the one now 5 years ago ?

Go back an watch a film from five years ago. Spoilers: the CG looks like ****. Like, ****, I just watched the first Harry Potter movie a couple weeks back and holy ****. Looks terrible. It's like playing a last gen game. You remember it looking ****ing badass but then you pop it in and all you see is octagonal circles and jaggies over everything.

New hulk looks better.

Posted by Ant

when are they going to make a movie about red venom?

idk, but they should. red venom was always better than black venom

Posted by Tyler Durden

Red Venom > Carnage?

Yeah, red venom is way better than carnage.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I liked undead Venom, better than any of other symbiote created. He ate Brock's corpse and just continued to inhabit the host's bones..

That's dedication.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I'll just leave [URL="http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/4370.asp"]this[/URL] to the open air..

Man, that's pretty cool! I like how Marvel is adding some sort of continuity between all its new movies.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I'll just wait it out until tomorrow, to actually see if all these crossover rumors will fly.

Posted by omegga

i saw hulk last night, and, to be honest... it was brilliant... a MASSIVE improvement on the 1st one. and yes there are a cameo's, and a significant 1 towards the end, but i'm not givin anythin big away, but for those who have seen it, that scene in the bar at the end gave me chills lol, cant wait to see where that leads... hmmm... i wonder... ? lol

what did every1 else think??

Quoted post: and a significant 1 towards the end, but i'm not givin anythin big away

Wolverine?

Posted by omegga

SPOILER:
[COLOR="DimGray"]no, Tony Stark (Freddie Price Jr) come in and talks to General Ross about "putting a team together", which i'm guessin will lead to a New Avengers movie or somethin like that... especially after Nick Fury's cameo at the of Iron Man[/COLOR]

Oh, yeah. I think that's been known for awhile.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, I dug that up months ago-

Posted by Bebop

Just saw it. It was really good. The only real complaint I have is the gay *** taxi driver bit. Not funny.

Story was good. Great use of characters. Action was sweet too. I was suprised the action never reached overkill considering a huge green guy can pretty much do what he wants.

The Tony Stark cameo at the end was awesome but I Wolverine was no where to be seen. I didn't stay till after the credits as my bladder was trembling so maybe he crops up there but I doubt it.

The in jokes were great too; The purple shorts, original 70s actor, "Hulk smash".

Posted by S

Movie. Rocked. Go see it. Edward Norton does a great job.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote]Lou Ferrigno who played the Hulk in the television series cameos as a Security Guard.

Go figure, Lou played that role in the 2003 release of Hulk. Reprise get-

Posted by O.T.L

just saw the movie , it kicks ***. Norton did a great job , I didn't think he was going to be good because of the way I saw him in the previews , but he definitely pulls it off.

I thought captain America was going to make an appearance !? I saw G4 and they interviewed that guy that was all over the place about the hulk movie , I don't remember his name. He said that in Iron man you see captain Americas shield , and that in the Incredible Hulk movie you would actually see captain America , and I Never saw him . I stayed after the credits and there was no scene , the screen just went blank , I was so dissapointed. :(

The movie was badass so no complaints here I freaking got a huge boner when I saw Tony Stark ! Can't wait to see everyone together on the big screen !

Quoted post: and that in the Incredible Hulk movie you would actually see captain America ,

super soldier serum, buddy. It's what gave birth to Captain America.

But yeah, saw the movie and it was pretty great. I think it's what everyone expected from Ang Lee's version, really. I mean, ****, it even have the Lonely Man theme playing in the background a couple times. Not to mention Nick Fury, the serum, SHIELD, Stark, McGee, Samson and a few other cameos. Pretty cool ****, really. Oh, and the Leader, which was, like, the worst part of the film.

Posted by omegga

yeah i know its been known for a while, but i thought it'd be one of those pointless, comedy camoes, didnt think it would have any significance...

did anyine else think "Mr Blue" was gonna be Reed Richards? lol

oh and Bebop what are u on about? "gettin your facts right"? whats not right about what i said??

Posted by Roger Smith

Hah, oh man I saw this last night and I was pretty pleased with it. Go see it. If only to see Tony Stark at the end lol.

Posted by Old_Snake

It exceeded my expectations, I was expecting it to be pretty good, but I really enjoyed it, quite a bit. Also, found this out:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080611i.php

[Quote]Now in an interview with Collider, he reveals that he intends for the eventual Blu-ray and DVD release film to contain all that cut footage - a total of 70 minutes of footage not included in the final theatrical cut including two scenes shown in the trailers that definitely didn't make the final version of the film.

One of those scenes includes the Captain America cameo says Judao. Whilst the serum is mentioned frequently throughout the film, the crew shot a whole quite dark sequence where Bruce Banner travels to the Arctic Circle and meets up with Captain America.

Not sure how official this is or if will be in the first DVD release or a double dip in the future, but 70 minutes? That's almost another film length worth of new stuff.

Sounds like BS to me. But who knows.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Just saw it earlier lastnight, ****in' loved ever minute of it-

Also noticed three subtle hints towards future encounters and cameos in the upcoming sequel/s:

Spoilers:
[spoiler]1) Dr. Reinstein's name is implicated on the cryo-canister holding the Super Soldier serum, which Gen. Ross has administered to Blonsky. (Josef) Reinstein induced the serum originally upon Steve Rogers (Captain America).

2) Professor Samuel Sterns, after finalizing the Gama Pulse procedure to Blonsky; is himself injured by Blonsky and also affected by the GP radiation/Banner's blood. Thus creating The Leader.
Subtle hint being; "as Blonsky mutates into a hideous beast, he knocks Sterns aside and an irradiated sample of Banner's blood-derivative drips into an open wound on Sterns temple, causing his cranium to mutate and expand".

3) David Bruce Banner ends the film, traveling to Bella Coola, British Columbia.. Canada. Being the first related area where he first encounters Wolverine. (Incredible Hulk issue # 180-181).[/spoiler]

Posted by omegga

i cant see that Captain America thing being true, they wouldn't introduce such a significant character in the Marvel Universe with a cameo. Also, he would take a lot of explainin and without that, most people wouldn't know who he is, so yeah i think its BS.

If there's one character people know about it's Captain America.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=omegga;854919]i cant see that Captain America thing being true, they wouldn't introduce such a significant character in the Marvel Universe with a cameo. Also, he would take a lot of explainin and without that, most people wouldn't know who he is, so yeah i think its BS.

You're an idiot-

Captain America is one of seven Avengers to prove formidable in a battle against the Hulk, the others being; Thor, Iron Man, Henry Pym, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Namor.

Continuity-wise, no; Cap probably wouldn't cameo in the direct sequel. And that's only because of the time period in which this Hulk film takes place. Being that-
Captain America should be somewhere in the Nothrt Atlantic, frozen in a glacier.

The Hulk entered the Avengers, and left before the original Captain America joined ranks.

There is a planned Captain America film, before the release of the final tie-in of this crossover series for The Avengers.

[quote]In August 2006, Marvel Entertainment's "Marvel Studios Overview Presentation" listed the Avengers as a property under development for a feature film, with Zak Penn as screenwriter. In a May 5, 2008, report to shareholders, Marvel Entertainment announced the release dates for two planned Avenger movies. The First Avenger: Captain America (working title) is scheduled for May 6, 2011, followed by the The Avengers, scheduled for July 2011.

The first reference in film to the Avengers is in Iron Man (2008), in a post-credits scene of Nick Fury (played by Samuel L. Jackson) speaking with Tony Stark about the "Avenger Initiative". Subsequently in The Incredible Hulk , Tony Stark briefly speaks with General Thunderbolt Ross discussing the formation of a team.

According to Yahoo movies "Plans are for The Avengers to assemble in their own movie in 2011. "

See moron-
your juvenile opinions are B/S.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Old_Snake;854718]It exceeded my expectations, I was expecting it to be pretty good, but I really enjoyed it, quite a bit. Also, found this out:

[URL]http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080611i.php[/URL]

Not sure how official this is or if will be in the first DVD release or a double dip in the future, but 70 minutes? That's almost another film length worth of new stuff.

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;854723]Sounds like BS to me. But who knows.

Yep-
smells like total BS to me, aswell.

Kinda makes [URL="http://www.hemmy.net/images/animals/doghulk.jpg"]this[/URL] seem plausible..

Posted by omegga

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: If there's one character people know about it's Captain America.

haha yeah maybe in errrrrrm.... AMERICA!!!

Posted by Tyler Durden

Cap' has been planned for a reboot since the late 90's. What's not to understand about him possibly making a cameo in the upcoming Hulk sequel?

I've lined it out as clear as day, for you to try and comprehend with your little (female?) brain.

Posted by omegga

dude, seriously, i made a simple point and you've blown it WAY out of proportion...

all i was saying, is that a character like Cap takes a lot of explainin to anyone who doesnt follow Marvel (ie, the majority of people who are going to see the Incredible Hulk movie) so to give him a cameo in the main feature wouldnt make sense as the majority of the audience wouldn't understand whats happenin...

that make sense...? or are you going to get even more pedantic and continue talking about him still being frozen... the films are no where near as accurate as the comics... i didnt even mention who could take on the hulk, yeah i know - i've read the avengers and the new avengers (and the ultimates) but i dont see why you brought that up because the film is based around the Abomination, and has nothin to do with anyone takin on the Hulk, it would have made more sence to put him in Iron Man since Steve Rogers n Tony Stark are such good friends... well up until the Civil War lol

Man... using words like pedantic when you can't even spell sense? ****ed up.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Oh, and the Leader, which was, like, the worst part of the film.

How so? It set up the bad guy for the next. Effects on his bulbous head were pretty sweet too.

The unfunny Liz Tyler overreatction to the "ker-raaaazzzyyy" taxi driver was easily the worst thing to happen in cinema since Pirates 3.

Didn't like the guy himself I guess. Came off as hokey.

Posted by omegga

yeah nice come back...

Quoted post: yeah nice come back...

Your post wasn't even directed towards me, so how could it be a come-back? Uh, yeah. I just thought it was really funny to see.

Posted by Bender

this movie was TOP, only thing i didnt like is liv tyler... what the deuce? she never spoke, she was either wisperin or shoutin lol i thought Ed Norton was a brilliant Bruce Banner
looking forward to the next one... =D

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Didn't like the guy himself I guess. Came off as hokey.

Yeh he was intentionally annoying but you can't have a made guy like the leader where everyone likes him at first. He needed to be a weedy irritating geek.

True... though I wouldn't've had a problem with a likable geek that got drawn to "the dark-side" after a horrible mutation. Wouldn't be the first time we saw that in a comic-book film and it's worked pretty well so far.

Posted by Bebop

I would argue against that for the same reason. It's a cliche. Sometimes it's nice to have villains that are just dicks.
But theres nothing to say Leader goes instantly bad. From what we've seen Stern wanted to use Hulkness to cure diseases, so his inentions are mostly for the good (saving of course him not minding making an abomination). Seems his motives are "the ends justifies the means" which could offer more character insight and development.

It's fine and dandy to go down that route, but I just found his scenes annoying. Maybe a different actor could've pulled it off better, I don't know.

Posted by Bebop

I like that actor but he is very ugly :(

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=omegga;855143]yeah nice come back...
Nice try being an asshat...

[quote=omegga;855131]dude, seriously, i made a simple point and you've blown it WAY out of proportion...

all i was saying, is that a character like Cap takes a lot of explainin to anyone who doesnt follow Marvel (ie, the majority of people who are going to see the Incredible Hulk movie) so to give him a cameo in the main feature wouldnt make sense as the majority of the audience wouldn't understand whats happenin...

that make sense...? or are you going to get even more pedantic and continue talking about him still being frozen... the films are no where near as accurate as the comics... i didnt even mention who could take on the hulk, yeah i know - i've read the avengers and the new avengers (and the ultimates) but i dont see why you brought that up because the film is based around the Abomination, and has nothin to do with anyone takin on the Hulk, it would have made more sence to put him in Iron Man since Steve Rogers n Tony Stark are such good friends... well up until the Civil War lol

And what wouldn't you understand, dumb****? Hulk was only with the Avengers for the first few issues of the original series, until he was deemed unfit to work with, by his teammates. So Cap' stepped in, Banner was relieved of duty, and the rest is history.

Quoted post: The character immediately guest-starred in Fantastic Four #12 (March 1963), and months later became a founding member of the Avengers appearing in just the first two issues of that superhero team's eponymous series (Sept. & Nov. 1963), and returning as an antagonist in issues #3 and #5 (Jan. & May 1964).

Quoted post: Years later, the superhero team the Avengers discovers Steve Rogers' body in the North Atlantic, his costume under his soldier's uniform and still carrying his shield. After he revives, they piece together that Rogers had been preserved in a block of ice since 1945, surviving in such a state only because of his enhancements from Operation Rebirth. The block had begun to melt after the Sub-Mariner, enraged that an Arctic Inuit tribe is worshiping the frozen figure, throws it into the ocean. Rogers accepts membership in the Avengers, and although long out of his time, his considerable combat experience makes him a valuable asset to the team. He quickly assumes leadership, and has typically returned to that position throughout the team's history.

The films may be able to change around character origins, but events still seem to pair in pretty **** accurate.

I just post this **** to help other fans understand, **** the average (non-understanding) audience. They're just baited wallets to awesome film promises.

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Sounds like BS to me. But who knows.

Well, I'm not too sure on the Cap cameo, but I had heard that Norton wrote the original script and wanted to make the movie more of a character-based epic and Marvel and Universal wanted more of a popcorn flick so it was recut to the theatrical version we got

So, I could see a much more extended version of the film, but 70 minutes is quite a bit.

Yeah, extended isn't uncommon, but 70 minutes is like, Lord of the Rings length.

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, extended isn't uncommon, but 70 minutes is like, Lord of the Rings length.

Maybe the whole version was suppose to be LOTR epic.

Posted by omegga

Quoting Tyler Durden:
I just post this **** to help other fans understand, **** the average (non-understanding) audience. They're just baited wallets to awesome film promises.

Ok you know what? **** off!! You’re THICK and I mean like having serious mental deficiencies... stop makin it about whether the ****in hulk was part of the avengers - you’re a major comic nerd - we get it!! My point was simple and pretty clear... so shut up that ***-hole that you call a mouth and MOVE ON... prick!

Posted by Bender

[COLOR="Silver"]i was a bit confused by something. i know that they kind of "toned down" what the hulk is capable of after Ang Lee's version, but when he was fightin the Abomination, he had huge cuts all up his arm n shoulders, but i thought he was meant to heal rapidly, so did they just tone this ability down as well? anyone else notice this?[/COLOR]

Wanted to make him look cool.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=omegga;855406]Ok you know what? **** off!! You

Posted by Old_Snake

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Universal/Disc_Announcements/Incredible_Hulk_Blu-ray_Planned_with_70_Minutes_of_Cut_Footage/1819

Another, more reliable source, about the 70+ minutes of cut footage rumor.

I'll be horribly surprised if it ends up being true.

Posted by Old_Snake

You think the director is exaggerating or just lying?

I don't know, just sounds like a lot

Posted by Old_Snake

This is true, but it's not completely unheard of or anything. I could see 70+ minutes as an exaggeration, but from what I've read about Norton's original script, it had a lot more about the origin, character development and much more of Banners travels and his apparent suicide wish

Posted by Bebop

Anoyone else think Hulk looked more like Eric Bana than Norton? I can't see any Ed in greeny's design.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Bebop;855158]I would argue against that for the same reason. It's a cliche. Sometimes it's nice to have villains that are just dicks.
But theres nothing to say Leader goes instantly bad. From what we've seen Stern wanted to use Hulkness to cure diseases, so his inentions are mostly for the good (saving of course him not minding making an abomination). Seems his motives are "the ends justifies the means" which could offer more character insight and development.

I seem to remember Sterns being a bumbling, quivering wuss when Blonsky had him at gunpoint. It may have only appeared that he wanted to go along with creating the Abomination. It almost seemed comical as an attempt to disuade the treatment-
seriously, asking a Super Soldier to sign a release form?

[quote=Bebop;856189]Anoyone else think Hulk looked more like Eric Bana than Norton? I can't see any Ed in greeny's design.
Just looked like the pre-modern age Hulk to me..
[quote]Dale Keown's comic book artwork of the Hulk was an inspiration for his design.

[quote]Samuel Sterns, played by Tim Blake Nelson, was introduced to set him up as a villain in a future film, where he would become the Leader. Nelson is signed on to reprise the role. Ty Burrell wants to portray the superpowered Doc Samson faithfully to the comics. Norton said, "The whole thing was to envision it in multiple parts. We left a lot out on purpose. [The Incredible Hulk] is definitely intended as chapter one." Leterrier made the film's final shot of Banner ambiguous; if there is a sequel, it would mean Banner finally masters control over his anger; if there is not a sequel, the shot indicates instead that in the scheduled 2011 feature The Avengers, he becomes a menace. Leterrier and Roth are contracted to return, but Norton is not.

Posted by Zaith

they introduced Nick fury in a cameo

Yeah, no kidding, thanks.

Posted by Zaith

I am probably one of the few people who did not enjoy this movie while it was an alright movie I want to know why they messed with the origin story and why does the hulk have to resort to litterally shanking the abomination when time and time a gain in the comics he's kicked the crap outa him

It didn't really change the origin story, they just combined a couple, namely the television show and the Ultimate storyline. As for the Abomination thing, well, it's a movie. Do you really want it to be like World War Hulk where he's infinitely powerful and can destroy nearly everything with barely any effort? Wouldn't make such a great film if he stomped Abomination in a few seconds would it?

Posted by Bebop

Was there somethihng after the credits?

Posted by Tyler Durden

No, only the Marvel Studios logo..

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Zaith: I am probably one of the few people who did not enjoy this movie while it was an alright movie I want to know why they messed with the origin story

To make it work in the film. Stop expecting every single panel of a comic book to be recreated on screen you little *****.

[quote]and why does the hulk have to resort to litterally shanking the abomination when time and time a gain in the comics he's kicked the crap outa him

You would have preferred the fight between the two be non existant? Shut up.

Posted by Zaith

they didn't have to mess with Ironman's origin story except updating to make it more modern and I wanted to see the hulk abomination fight done but differently the only thing I liked about the fight is when hulk uses his sonic clap to put out the fire and make abomination miss by smashing the ground. I was expecting more or a fight like the old hulk show's 90's cartoon not live action or like the Ultimates movies. I'm also confused about the continuity because Ironman seemed to be in the 616 universe but then they throw in Ultimate Hulk and Ultimate Nick fury

Again, they didn't really **** with the story, they just combined a couple, pretty much like every other superhero movie. As for different characters from different universes, just look at it as completely separate with the movies being its own universe in itself.

Posted by Linko_16

I was unable to enjoy this film because the trailers ([url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=FE9MRxcN0N4]1[/url] & [url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ClEyBR_DPsg]2[/url]) told me the entire plot. They go after Bruce Banner, they create another super-being like him to try and take him out, that super-being goes out of control and the Hulk is the only thing that can stop it. I was able to see five steps ahead of any given scene. The only variable I guess was Mr. Blue, and the film did become more interesting once he entered the picture, but still, I'd been thinking the whole time I was waiting to see this movie, "there must be some twist they haven't revealed, they can't be so stupid as to show me all the events leading up to the final battle just in the trailer." OH WELL.

But the final battle was pretty sweet. I'm surprised they were able to use the phrase "HULK SMASH" without making it sound retarded.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Zaith: they didn't have to mess with Ironman's origin story except updating to make it more modern and I wanted to see the hulk abomination fight done but differently the only thing I liked about the fight is when hulk uses his sonic clap to put out the fire and make abomination miss by smashing the ground. I was expecting more or a fight like the old hulk show's 90's cartoon not live action or like the Ultimates movies. I'm also confused about the continuity because Ironman seemed to be in the 616 universe but then they throw in Ultimate Hulk and Ultimate Nick fury

You know how the Ultimate Universe is it's own story, very separate from Classic? Think of this as its own universe, like Vamp said. Let's call it Marvel Movie U. Spider-Man and X-Men movies don't count.

Posted by Zaith

Well alright I'll accept that

Quoted post: I was unable to enjoy this film because the trailers (1 & 2) told me the entire plot. They go after Bruce Banner, they create another super-being like him to try and take him out, that super-being goes out of control and the Hulk is the only thing that can stop it. I was able to see five steps ahead of any given scene. The only variable I guess was Mr. Blue, and the film did become more interesting once he entered the picture, but still, I'd been thinking the whole time I was waiting to see this movie, "there must be some twist they haven't revealed, they can't be so stupid as to show me all the events leading up to the final battle just in the trailer." OH WELL.

Dude, it's a Hulk movie. A superhero movie too. Even if you never saw the commercials you should be able to know what's going to happen. Some dude gets turned into a freak, some dude gets mad at said dude and wants to be a freak, dude turns into a freak, both dudes battle it out with the good dude beating the bad dude.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;856606]Some dude gets turned into a freak, some dude gets mad at said dude and wants to be a freak, dude turns into a freak, both dudes battle it out with the good dude beating the bad dude.

Did someone say "Bad Dude"?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Lobo_Rules/baddude0.png[/IMG]

no

Posted by Zaith

I have to say I love how they did the end of the movie though(trying to get back to the topic)

Posted by Tyler Durden

Silly boy, Vampy and I weren't derailing-
just one liners and a minor break in subject.

But yeah, the ending was nicely sequenced and put together. I like that Bruce was focusing himself into controlling the Hulk; unleashing/repressing.

Spoilers: [spoiler]And Tony Stark coming into the bar to talk over the Avenger Initiative with Gen. "Thunderbolt" Ross. Possibly leading us to believe the sequel to go one of two ways. Either A) Banner joins the Avengers, or B) Banner becomes a threat towards them in the upcoming Avengers (or Iron Man) flick..[/spoiler]

Posted by Zaith

I'm just gonna go ahead and say you read the wiki page on the film for that spoiler not saying you couldn't get it anywhere else but thats pretty much what it says

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, I read it-
then I just put it into lighter terms..

Wai-

But, that was two/three days ago..

Posted by Zaith

whats with the trailing sentences

Posted by Tyler Durden

I had second thoughts, and a memory fart.

Posted by Zaith

ah makes sense

Posted by O.T.L

or he becomes a threat , then joins ;)

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Linko_16;856562][COLOR=indigo]I was unable to enjoy this film because the trailers ([URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=FE9MRxcN0N4"]1[/URL] & [URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ClEyBR_DPsg"]2[/URL]) told me the entire plot. They go after Bruce Banner, they create another super-being like him to try and take him out, that super-being goes out of control and the Hulk is the only thing that can stop it. I was able to see five steps ahead of any given scene. The only variable I guess was Mr. Blue, and the film did become more interesting once he entered the picture, but still, I'd been thinking the whole time I was waiting to see this movie, "there must be some twist they haven't revealed, they can't be so stupid as to show me all the events leading up to the final battle just in the trailer." OH WELL.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo]But the final battle was pretty sweet. I'm surprised they were able to use the phrase "HULK SMASH" without making it sound retarded.[/COLOR]
The trailers left out the super soldier process administered to Blonsky, you just get the idea that Gen. Ross creates the Abomination to battle the Hulk. See, they actually kept one minorly integral plot device under wraps. Not that it was anything incredible, but could you've guessed that Blonsky was given the serum in an effort to battle Hulk just from the trailers?

[quote=oswaldothelegend;857023]or he becomes a threat , then joins ;)
The way it went about in the comics is almost similar to that statement, just a bit backwards. And stupid. Hopefully Hulk has to battle Thor first, before actually joining. It'd be kind of weird though, having the first Avenger roster include both Hulk AND Cap', what about Henry Pym the Ant-Man/Giant Man?

Posted by Old_Snake

It depends on if Hulk can control himself or not. If Banner has the ability to at least administer some control over himself and his Hulk persona it would make sense for him to join first.

Posted by Tyler Durden

And that appears to be the direction they're taking, as evident with the last bit of the film.

Posted by Old_Snake

According to a quick look at wiki:

[Quote]Leterrier made the film's final shot of Banner ambiguous; if there is a sequel, it would mean Banner finally masters control over his anger; if there is not a sequel, the shot indicates instead that in the scheduled 2011 feature The Avengers, he becomes a menace

Very interesting, so he could potentially be a timed villian when Avengers role around

Posted by Tyler Durden

Or both.

So far, the entire Marvel2film reboot seems to be taking swings at the Ultimates' universe. Not your traditional everyday Marvel monthly..

(Exhibit A.)
[IMG]http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/headline7772.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://content9.flixster.com/photo/11/08/52/11085203_ori.jpg[/IMG]
[quote]Actor Samuel L. Jackson gave his consent for Marvel Comics to use his likeness in their redesign of the Fury character for The Ultimates, and first appeared with this revised look in Ultimates #1, as drawn by John Cassaday. This is not a unique practice for writer Mark Millar, who similarly had artist J.G. Jones use the explicit likenesses of Eminem, Halle Berry and Tommy Lee Jones for the major characters in the miniseries Wanted (although, in this case, apparently without their consent). The similarity is even noted within the comic itself, in a scene in which the Ultimates discuss who they think should play each of them in a hypothetical movie about the team. Fury's answer for himself is "Mr. Samuel L. Jackson, of course." Such is the popularity of the Jackson-inspired version of the character that Jackson was contracted to portray Fury in Iron Man despite the film being an adaptation of the mainstream Marvel Universe version of the character, rather than choose a caucasian actor to play the matching classic version of Fury. This was, however, probably in no small part due to Jackson's own cult following and the fact that (a version of) the character had now been well-established as having a popular real actor's likeness, making it a logical choice.

Other wiki: In the Ultimate Marvel Universe, General Nick Fury is African-American, with his look and personality tailored after actor Samuel L. Jackson. This was done with the actor's explicit permission. Jackson also played Nick Fury in the 2008 film Iron Man, appearing in a post-credits scene.

-and I like it.

edit: I just couldn't endure [URL="http://www.qwipster.net/nickfury.jpg"]this[/URL], again..

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Tyler Durden: Or both.

That's what I meant by timed villain. Villain at the beginning, but in the end becomes a hero again.

The Ultimates origin is suppose to be a much more modern version of the origins, so I guess they think people will relate to it more. Not sure if I agree, but it's all good either way

Posted by Zaith

Ant man is getting his own movie

We know, thanks.

Posted by Zaith

Durden asked dill hole.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Zaith;857467]Durden asked dill hole.
Yo'..yo'.. watch how you talk to my wife.

Posted by Zaith

I said dill hole I've seen much worse things on this thread

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Zaith: I said dill hole I've seen much worse things on this thread

I've heard worse IRL.

"Dill hole" is only offensive because it makes whoever says it sound like a complete moron from the early to mid-nineties.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Dill hole has eventually graduated to D*ckhole, since the nineties.

I'm just assuming that Zaith still watches Beavis and Butt-head.

Posted by Zaith

That would be a negative on the Beavis and Butt-head never really liked it thought it was dumb. I never really got into most cartoons I watched live actions shows, except for a things like the simpsons. and I use dill hole because I figure its less offensive and i don't see the point of writing something if its just going to come out as astrics anyway

**** you

Posted by Zaith

thanks for the maturity

I'm kidding. Lighten up.

Posted by Apathetic

HULK SMASH RAWR.
Over 9000.

Posted by Zaith

well its sorta hard to tell how someones conveying a message through text especially when you don't actually know the person.

Just don't take anything that's said here seriously. Chances are the person doesn't mean it, and if they do it'll be really obvious.

Posted by Zaith

what more obvious then **** you.

Nah, not in that way.

Posted by Bebop

Just ignore Vamp. It's always hard to tell when he's delibertly being a dumb annoying **** or if he's accidently being a dumb annoying ****.

someone sounds butthurt

Posted by Bebop

I'm just trying to save Zaith alot of effort and time for the future.

Fatty.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Zaith;857821]That would be a negative on the Beavis and Butt-head never really liked it thought it was dumb. I never really got into most cartoons I watched live actions shows, except for a things like the simpsons. and I use dill hole because I figure its less offensive and i don't see the point of writing something if its just going to come out as astrics anyway
I understand, I still watch the Power Rangers, too.

[quote=Zaith;857836]well its sorta hard to tell how someones conveying a message through text especially when you don't actually know the person.
Neither Vamp, nore I are to be taken serious. We like to **** with you. We like to **** with ALL new members. Hazing CAN be fun!
Penis..

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;857894]someone sounds butthurt
wikka wikka uh-slim Anus..

[quote=Bebop;857909]I'm just trying to save Zaith alot of effort and time for the future.

Fatty.
You big dumb stupid head..

Posted by Zaith

Quoting Bebop: I'm just trying to save Zaith alot of effort and time for the future.

Fatty.

Its not really that much effort to type.

@Tyler And Vampiro alright that is understandable how people like to f with the new kid.

not even a new kid thing, buddy.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, we're ****ing with Bebop. And he's an older member than us..

Posted by Tyler Durden

Some prospects thrown towards the role of [URL="http://www.film.com/movies/story/casting-captain-america-avengers-movie/11597472/20829622"]Cap[/URL]'..

All of them suck save for Damon whom I approve of.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[URL="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0568180/"]Neal McDonough[/URL], who wasn't named, could probably handle the role with a good sense of accuracy and respect.

Oh man, I HATE that guy.

Posted by Tyler Durden

And Cap' isn't "hate-worthy"?

Posted by Tyler Durden

Wai-

Daniel Craig has been argued for a choice, I read elsewhere.. no?

Posted by Zaith

Daniel Craig would make a kick *** cap

@Durden: Thats an awesome pick

Posted by misogenie

I think computer animation of his dull green skin powerface look needs hydration - a shiny, sweaty suntan oil look to get my attention. It will take patience to see many destructive scenes from this weaponless schitzophysical (body-transforming) super-leviathan.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Zaith;859351]Daniel Craig would make a kick *** cap

@Durden: Thats an awesome pick

Yeah-
considering I'm not really all that fond of Mr. Craig, or most of his films.. other than L4YER CAK3 (which I "soiled" my pants over).

He could handle the mantle of Captain America..

Posted by Old_Snake

The world needs no British Captain America, now a British Captain Britain...

Posted by Tyler Durden

And an Ausie Solid Snake makes more sense?

Posted by Zaith

Well Metal gear has never been realistic and where did you get the cap/deadpool pick

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Tyler Durden: And an Ausie Solid Snake makes more sense?

Um...yeah..sure?

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Zaith;859492]Well Metal gear has never been realistic and where did you get the cap/deadpool pick

It's from the cover of "Cable & Deadpool [URL="http://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetxmen.gamespy.com/images/solicits/200709/cabledeadpool-45.jpg"]#45[/URL]", I do believe..
it is sexy, isn't it..no?

Realistic? Why throw that word in thar? Seriously? Metal Gear is very plausible, considering how corrupt the US Government is, when considering what actions they would mind taking during an arms race?

Remember [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Initiative"]Star Wars[/URL]-
and it's sister offensive initiative; [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction"]MAD[/URL].

I like that Daniel Craig Cap idea actually

Posted by Zaith

certain things are fine but, Liquid arm taking Revolver over, giant robots, and Vamp are all a bit unrealistic don'tcha think

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Zaith;859752]certain things are fine but, Liquid arm taking Revolver over, giant robots, and Vamp are all a bit unrealistic don'tcha think

No, not entirely.. Vampirism or the practice is atleast real. So are the nano-machines that hold Vamp together.

And, if Phantom limb works one way.. it's possible to have a doner affect with limbs that are NOT your own.

Dick Clark is a giant robot..

Posted by Zaith

Touche

Posted by Tyler Durden

If it can happen in a film or book, Zaith. Then chances are; the US military is already underway in a developmental program to create whatever it is to be ultimately ahead in win.

The Yautja's cloaking device (idea) was created well over 20 years ago for film. The US is still marketing certain equipment to this day (only it's nothing really technologically amazing. Just a smattering of micro-fibers, patterns in material, and spider web-laden suits) under the hopes of a similar method for one little aspect.. that you can hide in plain sight.

Posted by Zaith

True we also have those doors that open on there own like in Star Trek

Posted by Tyler Durden

Motion doors have been around since the late 80's.. I know, because I'm older than dirt, and I remember when K-Mart first attacked my city with it's Big Red Scare of departmentness..

Posted by Zaith

It was a joke. I know its been around for along time.

Posted by micheal123

Ooo, thanks for the tip.