Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote]Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins is the upcoming fourth installment to the Terminator film series, scheduled to be released on May 22, 2009. It is written by David Campbell Wilson, John Brancato, and Michael Ferris, directed by Joseph "McG" McGinty Nichol, and stars actor Christian Bale as John Connor. Anton Yelchin is playing a young Kyle Reese, who befriends Marcus, an early Terminator. Sam Worthington is playing Marcus; he was personally recommended to McG by Terminator creator James Cameron. Josh Brolin has been mentioned in a possible role as the Terminator. Moon Bloodgood is reported to be the female lead of the film. She will play "a no-nonsense and battle-hardened member of the resistance". Shooting of the film began on May 5, 2008 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Stan Winston will supervise the visual effects.

Thoughts, anyone-

Posted by nintendope

i dont think its gonna go over well..

they should have ended it with the 2nd

Posted by Tyler Durden

They should just fast forward the film's plot-setting to 2032 where the Terminator finally kills John Conner..

Posted by Dexter

James Cameron should have finished what he started. Lazy.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Shut up Dexter.
Seriously-

Quoted post: James Cameron announced T3 many times during the 1990s, but without coming out with any finished script. During his divorce with Linda Hamilton, she asked for the Terminator franchise rights which she promptly sold to Carolco Pictures owners Mario Kassar and Andrew Vajna.

So, just consider 'Titanic' your true T3.

Posted by Roger Smith

I'm tired of seeing Christian Bale.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It has Bale, should be at least decent!

Posted by Tyler Durden

RS is tired of Bale, because Photoshop is tired of RS..

Posted by Old_Snake

I think it could be pretty good, I've actually been wanting to see the future that 's always talked about in the Terminator movies.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Tyler Durden: because Photoshop is tired of RS..

She'll never be the same.

Posted by Tyler Durden

It's okay Roger, I have a feeling Photoshop is just working out more without you to be the next figure they use for the next model Terminator.

Posted by Roger Smith

....ew

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, I get ya'-

she's being a dirty-dirty slut.

Quoted post: I think it could be pretty good, I've actually been wanting to see the future that 's always talked about in the Terminator movies.

scraps of metal everywhere, lasers and flying robots killing humans. not much else

Posted by Tyler Durden

Oh Vampy, don't forget the tons of pile-among piles of human remains and skulls.. being crushed under the endos.

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

I think it's going to be so-so.
i don't want to say "oh it's going to be the best movie in all time" an i definitely don't want to say "ssssUxXx0|25!!!!7|-|15 /\/\0\/13 5U(|<5 64LL5" but i don't think they should continue the series at all unless Arnold comes back.. but still, i might just see it anyways

Posted by misogenie

There is so much attention on the human actors. If I was a movie director, I would put most of the attention on the terminator's secret semen-to-adult stage biograghics like Bicentennial Man.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Aeroshadow5098;850447]I think it's going to be so-so.
i don't want to say "oh it's going to be the best movie in all time" an i definitely don't want to say "ssssUxXx0|25!!!!7|-|15 /\/\0\/13 5U(|<5 64LL5" but i don't think they should continue the series at all unless Arnold comes back.. but still, i might just see it anyways

Quoted post:
A deleted scene from T3 reveals that the Model 101's appearance was based on Chief Master Sergeant William Candy, with his Southern accent replaced by the more menacing voice of one of the developers. One part of the scene shows Candy next to a partially-complete endoskeleton, indicating that the Terminators were developed by humans before Judgment Day.

Quoted post: This contradicts information from the first film, where Kyle Reese refers to the Model 101 as "new", replacing the older rubber-skinned 600 series. However, the fact that the scene was deleted makes its canonicity dubious.

Yeah, that's kind of a contradicting and lame reason to keep dragging Arnold back onto the endoskeleton.

Posted by Old_Snake

T3 isn't considered within the main Terminator canon so it can be overlooked as just alternate reality nonsense.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: scraps of metal everywhere, lasers and flying robots killing humans. not much else

That's too bad, I was hoping for flying cars, flying cars are fun

Posted by Tyler Durden

If you ask me, Titanic WAS-

T3..

Posted by Old_Snake

Yeah, I have always heard that urban legend that if you freeze frame the movie exactly when the iceberg hits you actually see a Terminator on the iceberg causing the bulk of the damage.

Quoted post: That's too bad, I was hoping for flying cars, flying cars are fun

flying deathmachines are better anyways.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Old_Snake;851132]Yeah, I have always heard that urban legend that if you freeze frame the movie exactly when the iceberg hits you actually see a Terminator on the iceberg causing the bulk of the damage.

Yeah, icey waters didn't kill Jack Dawson-
an I-950 Infiltrator did.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Reelz Channel coverage-
[youtube=riyZ7a2bnAc&NR]riyZ7a2bnAc&NR[/youtube]
Planned ahead are two sequels, and this being the begining of a new trilogy beyond the original Terminator realm. So I guess dropping "Terminator/T4" from the title constitutes a slate wiped completely clean of crap?!

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

you know what would be cool...... is some type of terminator cg animation. set in the future. where its the resistance versus the humans. that would be something interesting to watch.