If washed up people are cool, why isn't S.T.E.P.S remembered? (S.T.E.P.S vs. Sonic)

Posted by Bebop

Sonic. STEPS. Ones a video game charactr. Ones a British pop group from the 90s. What do these 2 have in common? Well for starters they both suck and are washed up. So why is Sonic honoured as cool? I don't recall anything terrilbe being cool. I haven't met anyone sporting a "I love Hitler T-Shirt" or has the poster of a pedophile in there room.

Let's compare the 2 shall we?
Well for startes STEPS is annoying to listen to as Sonic is annoying to play. There were also very big back in there day and both tried to comeback but were only kept alive by their fans. STEPS had the odd catchy song as Sonic had the odd playable game. Majority and latest were very poor. Examples include STEPS cover of 'tragedy; and Segas 'Sonic Heros'.

At least STEPS knew when they werent wanted, packed up their crap and left. Sonic just around to entertain the kids but isnt aware the parents talk behind his back and think hes fat.

I think Sonic should leave. His latest games have been poor and the Sonic characters are annoying. STEPS did lave however, They realized that when they songs were poor and people found the band annoying it was time to leave. Sonic should follow the same trend. But I guess, like STEPS, he should have one last 'hit and miss' game. Unfortuantely for STEPS their 'hit and miss' song was a miss. Actually wasnt so much as a miss as 'I didn't even see the ball'.

Your say!

Posted by Toughgamer89

Okay, for starters Sonic is cool, he was never annoying, he was always fun to play. And I don't even know who the hell S.T.E.P.S is. And for your information, Sonic is coming out with a new game, its called "Shadow: The hadgehog" and this sonic has a gun. So please don't diss a legendary video game thats a trademake for Sony.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Toughgamer89: Okay, for starters Sonic is cool, he was never annoying, he was always fun to play. And I don't even know who the hell S.T.E.P.S is. And for your information, Sonic is coming out with a new game, its called "Shadow: The hadgehog" and this sonic has a gun. So please don't diss a legendary video game thats a trademake for Sony.

Sonic isn't even in "Shadow". The main character is Shadow, of course. And honestly I think that the concept of the game, specifically giving Shadow guns, is just silly.

And I actually agree with Bebop somewhat. The latest Sonic games are quite a dissapointment. The first few Sonic games on the Genesis were fun, but he's really declined since than. I don't really see why so many people like Sonic.

Posted by Toughgamer89

I dissagree, and I know Sonic isn't in shadow but its based on the sonic games. I do agree that giving him guns is kind of dumb but it gives Sonic a new kind of twist. But Sonic is the trademark of Sony and I don't think that the games have got bad. I still play sonic adventures and its still as fun as it was when I played it for the Saga Genesis. Just face it Sonic will never die, sony will keep coming up with games and people will still love the little blue hedgehog or maybe the dark, black hedgehog with a gun...who cares. as long as its a hedge hog.

Posted by Iris

I agree with Echo. The earlier the Sonic games, the more enjoyable. The current ones are just annoying and tacky.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Iris: I agree with Echo. The earlier the Sonic games, the more enjoyable. The current ones are just annoying and tacky.

I agree 100%. I really dislike all of the new Sonic games. I truly think that it would be wonderful of Sonic Team to make another side scroller, it would drawn in the old schoolers again. This is why I have no desire to play the new Shadow the Hedgehog.

Posted by Random

Yes I have to agree with that one.

Posted by Toughgamer89

Wow, you guys sure know how to ambush a single guy,well, what can I say, I still think Sonic rocks! And he is and please don't give me bad rep for this, but he is a trademark for Sony, kind of how Mario is a trademark for Nintendo, you see, one of the very first Sony games was Sonic. And one more thing, SONIC IS COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Corrupt

Geez, Toughgamer... calm the hell down. Last time I checked, people were allowed to state their own opinion (whether you approve of it or not) without being jumped on with a slew of "SONIC IS COOL!!!!!!!!!!!" de-reps. No one is "ambushing" you; rather, you're the one that's taking everything way too seriously. If people want to disagree with you, let them... don't get all offended just because someone has a different opinion than you. I think Sonic is really cool too, but you don't have to shove it down everyone's throat.

Anyway, with that said, I do agree that many of the older Sonic games were far more enjoyable as opposed to the new ones. (I'm not saying it to "ambush" you, Toughgamer, it's my opinion ;) ) As for the new Shadow game, eh... I'm still pretty indifferent about it.

Oh, by the way; moved to Sonic the Hedgehog. It's relevant enough now, anyway.

Posted by Random

Quoting Toughgamer89: Wow, you guys sure know how to ambush a single guy,well, what can I say, I still think Sonic rocks! And he is and please don't give me bad rep for this, but he is a trademark for Sony, kind of how Mario is a trademark for Nintendo, you see, one of the very first Sony games was Sonic. And one more thing, SONIC IS COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see how he's a trademark for Sony. He's been and always has been a Trademark for Sega, even if he was put on other consoles. Sure his games are on the PS2, Xbox, and GCN, but he'll always be a trademark for Sega.

Posted by Toughgamer89

Oh, I guess you kind of right Random. And corrupt, I wasn't begin offended, they de-reped me for stating my opinion, I just did the some. I really don't care, everyone has the right to their own opinion. I wasn't taking anything to seriously. Well, with that said, we can agree the majority of gamers here agree that the new sonic games kind of suck so you know, Majority rules so I back off everybody...but I still think Sonic is cool.

Posted by Random

Haha it's ok.. Don't over worry urself :)

Posted by Tails

Sonic is a trademark of Sony? *checks a Sega Genisus for any Sony logos, then checks Sonic the Hedgehog 2 game pack for Sony logos* I don't see any Sony anywhere. I was pretty sure Sonic was a trademark of Sega and Sonic Team...

Posted by Prince Redon

I hope you really didn't waste your time checking on that...No Sonic is in no way in association with Sony. They are from Sega, and Sonic Team. A Sonic game has been made for a Sony console.

Posted by Prince Redon

I hope you really didn't waste your time checking on that...No Sonic is in no way in association with Sony. They are from Sega, and Sonic Team. A Sonic game has never been made for a Sony console.

Posted by Arczu

...except for Heroes... that was the multi-platformer. Let me tell you: PS2 version is baaaad.

Other than that, though, you won't see another hair of that hedgehog on the PS2.

Maybe one of the keys the people over at Sonic Team and everyone else is missing what the old game focused on: Speed. I see that the transition from 2-D to 3-D was recieved with an outragous backlash after the initial "wow" from the game. It's... sad really. The hardcore fans who were loyal to the game lost respect as speed wasn't the main focus of the game anymore. I can devide the fandom into 3 levels really.

UBER LOYAL

These people will play ANYTHING Sonic, see past that 3-D game flaws and support the blue guy. Most likely, they will jump onto the Shadow character.

Interested

Might find a few games enjoyable, but in general, are starting to get annoyed by the gripes and lackluster of the new games and shows...

Turned Away

Won't even TOUCH another 3-D game. The residual values in the past games give satisfaction new games cannot. Older series too... maybe.

I can see most people I know falling to the later 3rd category...

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Arczu]
Yeah I forgot about Heroes.:(
[/COLOR]

Posted by Jo-Jo-The-Hedgie

I say that S.T.E.P.S WOULDNT WIN VS SONIC. Please why would a british pop group beat the japan supersonic hedgehog? I mean please why would s.t.e.p.s the worst thing eva can beat the best hedgie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

STEPS ruled. Don't be evil.

Sonic also rules. Don't be evil.

Posted by Seres Aran

Quoting Echo: Sonic isn't even in "Shadow". The main character is Shadow, of course. And honestly I think that the concept of the game, specifically giving Shadow guns, is just silly.

Bzzt, WRONG. Sonic does make an appearance in the new Shadow game. He actually plays with Shadow in a level.

Quoted post: And I actually agree with Bebop somewhat. The latest Sonic games are quite a dissapointment. The first few Sonic games on the Genesis were fun, but he's really declined since than. I don't really see why so many people like Sonic.

Oh come on. What do you call Sonic Adventure 2? Shadow revolutionized the Sonic games (at least, I think). Personally, I liked SA1 better, but hey. And Sonic Heroes was pretty okay. The storyline sucked like crazy, but it was still okay. Pfft... Sonic games have really declined? Toss out your Sonic Advance series, man!

Posted by FerreTrip

Yeah. I just beat Shadow today, and I admit: At first, I was like, "I will like this game," and now, I'm like, "THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!" Prolly because I had to get used to the "neutral-posistion control stick = stop immediatly" concept. And the Sonic Adventure games pwned. Purely. They were fun, reasonably fast, and had pretty good stroylines. Heroes, I admit, was a bit of a let-down, but it was still hard enough I resorted to Gameshark for getting the "A" ranks. That was the last game I've ever sharked, tho. Anyway, Sonic will NEVER decline. EVER. And I'm really happy with Shadow. I think Sonic's just cocky, tho, not annoying. How can he be annoying? OMOCHAO was annoying (okay, kinda; he was really funny to crush under weights, tho!), and this is coming from someone who didn't even flinch at Navi.

Posted by Darkbackward

It is sad that Bebop has attained the rank of moderator.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Quoting Arczu: [font=Times New Roman][size=4]Maybe one of the keys the people over at Sonic Team and everyone else is missing what the old game focused on: Speed.

Green Forest. And, Sonic Rush.