Guitar Hero: World Tour

Posted by Skitzo Control

I used the search function, and I didn't see anything about it, so I figured, WHY THE HELL NOT?!

GH4 (AKA World Tour) will feature the same drums, bass guitar, and vocals that were found in Rock Band. The drums will look quite a bit [URL="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/143/ghwtdrums263_screen.jpg"]different[/URL], and there's rumored to be "create a song" and "create a player" features.

The retail price? GameStop has started accepting preorders, the game disk being $59.99 (USD, you British Bastards) for PS3 and Xbox 360, $49.99 (USD, again!) for Wii and PS2. The Guitar Bundle is priced at $99.99 for all four versions. Last of all, the "Band Kit," which I can only assume is the full version (guitar, drum, mic, game disk), is estimated at $179.99. Ready to rock on?

*edit* and, why the hell not, an interesting read here, even if it is old:
[URL]http://www.gamespot.com/news/6189649.html[/URL]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'll be buying it. Depending on the track list, actually.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'll buy it, depending on Rock Band instrument compatibility.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Create a song?

I'm sold.[/COLOR]

Posted by Aeroshadow5098

Downloadable songs for Wii? Create A Song? I'm sold!

Posted by muffla

its gonna be a good game, im not allowd to say why, but dont worry about the song list ;-)

INSIDE INFORMATION LOL

Posted by Fate

I'm all for customization, but what about some more international songs? I'm sure there's more good stuff outside of Europe and North America.

Posted by Speedfreak

...create a song. Yeah, that's gonna work really well with 5 Godd[COLOR=lightgreen]a[/COLOR]mn buttons and a single strum bar.

Posted by Fate

It might work if they had some kind of beat detector. Or something.

Posted by Shade

Near-confirmation of a Dream Theater song in the track list has me sold. Might buy a microphone, too.

Quoted post: I'm all for customization, but what about some more international songs? I'm sure there's more good stuff outside of Europe and North America.

GH3 had quite a few international songs on the bonus track list.

Quoted post: ...create a song. Yeah, that's gonna work really well with 5 ******* buttons and a single strum bar.

Shouldn't be hard. You only need a couple buttons and a good interface to change values. Higher pitch, length of note, distortion, instrument type, etc etc are all easily doable with the current controller.

Posted by Shade

I can't think of many tracks, even from the bonus list, that were from outside of NA and Europe.

Maybe I'm confusing them with songs in different languages.

Posted by Panic!

I'm gonna be buying it, of course. I paid full price for Rocks the 80s, for ***'s sake. I am a ****ing GH junkie.

Looks good, though, on a serious note. The drum kit is nice, more what I expected when I first heard about rock band. Double bass and some death metal would be awesome, but I highly doubt it.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I would really like more songs that are Cliffs of Dover-like. More Hendrix, if possible, would be sweet.:)
[quote=Retropusso;862190]Double bass and some death metal would be awesome, but I highly doubt it.
I honestly think more death metal would turn out less sales for Activision, and they don't want that. I mean, I know I wouldn't buy it if it had a lot of death metal in it (I tried so hard to skip the Children of Bodom song in GH2), and so would a lot of other people. The mainstream music in the game is one thing that pulls a lot of people in. A few songs would be fine, hopefully not many (or none!) in the main set list.
[quote=Speedfreak;861963]...create a song. Yeah, that's gonna work really well with 5 G[COLOR=lightgreen]o[/COLOR]dd[COLOR=lightgreen]a[/COLOR]mn buttons and a single strum bar.Mario Paint did it 16 years ago.:)

*and it's still doing it* [URL]http://youtube.com/watch?v=hil1F2T19GY[/URL]

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Speedfreak;861963]...create a song. Yeah, that's gonna work really well with 5 G[COLOR=lightgreen]o[/COLOR]dd[COLOR=lightgreen]a[/COLOR]mn buttons and a single strum bar.Mario Paint did it 16 years ago.:)

Posted by Panic!

Yeah, I'm not saying make Guitar Hero: Death Metal, just a few songs with some double bass would be cool.

So... metal in general?

Posted by JPolito830

Does anyone have an update on the track list yet? I only heard of 20 or so songs so far.

Posted by Panic!

[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_World_Tour#Soundtrack[/URL]

Edit: I just read the track list. Travis Barker remix of Low by Flo Rida is on it. LOL WUT?

Posted by sebas12

im buying it

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Hahah they should put Nookie by Limp Bizkit on it, just for old time's sake.

But oh well. I wonder what the new boss songs are going to be. In the Fire And Flames will just plain be hard to top as far as that goes.

Posted by muffla

yea that track list looks close, i wonder why kotaku hasent posted anything about it

Posted by maian

I think this looks fun, but would probably never shell out $180 for the whole thing. That's...a lot.

But, I think it'll be interesting to see how it compares to Rock Band. I personally enjoy Guitar Hero WAY more than Rock Band, so I wonder if they can do the same thing here with drums and vocals. I am loving the symbol setup for the drums, though. Rad.

Track list is ****. RB2 please.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

I got a b0ner when I read three TOOL songs are going to be in it...

And of course create your own tracks and uploads them... I guess your allowed to upload 5 but if their good you get more!!