i want to play world of warcraft

Posted by Poco

Ok, so Cov/coh is getting kinda boring as it turns into a mega-grind around level 30 with no real rewards.

The only other mmos i've ever played are dark age of camelot, which was boring, and lord of the rings online which was v.boring, but v. pretty.

I'm thinking of picking up WoW today, and was wondering if it's a massive grind from 1-70, or if it's just boring like DAoC or LotR.

Posted by Stalolin

They've improved it greatly. There are some pretty grindy parts still, but it's much easier to get 1 - 70 now. It's easily possible to get there simply by doing quests (because you're going to have a hard time getting people to run with for the dungeons).

it sure as hell isn't a pretty game, but you can still manage to find it enjoyable.

GIVE IT A TRY LOLZ

Posted by Poco

Picked it up. I'll probably start tomorrow.

Posted by Apathetic

GOOOOOOOODBYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TO YOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SOULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Posted by Roger Smith

WoW sucks ***. I played it, never again.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Stalolin;849694]it sure as hell isn't a pretty game, but you can still manage to find it enjoyable.

I dunno, I think the graphics have a certain charm...

[IMG]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l265/leviathonlxx/netherstorm.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Stalolin

Outlands is a completely different story, Blizzard did a great job designing that place graphically.

Posted by Apathetic

speedfreak plays wow?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Apathetic;853200]speedfreak plays wow?

Yeah, I have a 70 warrior, 61 rogue, 16 hunter and 19 mage. I'd post em if the PC board was moved to a more visible position.

Posted by Stalolin

ALAS IF ONLY HE PLAYED ON US SERVERS

this is now a WoW thread

poast ur characters

70 resto shaman

70 demon warlock

70 feral druid

yes, i can heal, tank, and dps

and yes, i have absolutely no life :(

Posted by Kit

66 rogue
40 protection warrior
38 caster shaman
29 twink hunter

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Stalolin;853315]ALAS IF ONLY HE PLAYED ON US SERVERS

this is now a WoW thread

poast ur characters

70 resto shaman

70 demon warlock

70 feral druid

yes, i can heal, tank, and dps

and yes, i have absolutely no life :(

I do play on US servers. I'm on Thrall =D

Posted by Stalolin

WHAT

hrm, i may have to make a character and visit you or something

Posted by Lord of Spam

Likewise.

70 resto druid on demon soul, 70 warlock on medivh. Really wishing that my lock wasnt on a pve server:(

Wow is pretty much a giant waste of time from like 1-58. Once you hit outlances, things start to get fun, but slogging through azeroth is a pain in the ***.

Posted by Speedfreak

Anyone wanna run to the store and buy me a game card? I just ran out of credit and Blizz won't accept payment as im not in the US. I'll paypal you the cash, of course :cool:

Posted by Apathetic

HAHA PAYING IS FOR LOSERS, I HAVE A RANDOM INTERNET GUY PAYING FOR MINE. 70 ROGUE, 32 LOCK 21 WAR. I QUIT THOUGH BUT ITS WORTH THE POST.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Apathetic: HAHA PAYING IS FOR LOSERS, I HAVE A RANDOM INTERNET GUY PAYING FOR MINE. 70 ROGUE, 32 LOCK 21 WAR. I QUIT THOUGH BUT ITS WORTH THE POST.

Isn't that fraud, though?

Posted by Skyway

WOW suck,every ones mean,as soon as u hit 45 it takes forever to lvl,u have to get to a lvl to waer good armor and ect,and there to much players playing that game. i give WOW 10 out of 100

Posted by S

I don't care for WoW but I want to beat your face in for what you just did to the English language, and gaming, all in one foul swoop.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Skyway: WOW suck,every ones mean,as soon as u hit 45 it takes forever to lvl,u have to get to a lvl to waer good armor and ect,and there to much players playing that game. i give WOW 10 out of 100

You may find that people are mean to you because you conduct yourself like a moron. For instance, here you make a post with atrocious spelling and gramar, and im telling you that you're retarded. And trust me, you are.

Second, leveling is VERY fast from levels 1-58, and only kinda fast from 58-70. You have obviously never played some of the real grindfests out there (cougheqcough) but that doesnt surprise me, as given the juvenile quality of your post, you probably werent alive when they were new.

And yes, I'll grant that you must level up to certain levels to wear upgraded armor, but think about it, are you really getting mad for being required to level up to get higher level abilities? Thats pretty much the foundation of every mmo ever.

As for too many players, thats an entirely realm dependant trait. If yours is overpopulated, chances are blizzard is allowing realm transfers to a more reasonable one.

Either figure out what youre talking about and try to make sense before posting, or keep your **** cockholster shut.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm a Guild Wars guy AKA cheap ***.

Posted by Speedfreak

I haven't played for weeks, right after buying a new 3 month sub too.

I simply cannot progress without raiding, which I don't have the time for with my job's constantly shifting timetable. If I were a tester for Blizzard I'd bug it: PLAYER CANNOT PROGRESS AFTER LEVEL 70 IF HE HAS A LIFE.

People suggest PVP, but I might aswell just play a REAL PVP game like Team Fortress 2 that doesn't require me to grind for gear.

Posted by snakester

WoW is fun. I don't pay because I have found a private server that has less lag than the regular blizz servers :O. Weird I know. I also play counter strike which is fun because I can go from Role-playing and questing to killing some terrorists in a matter of hours :]

Posted by Poco

After playing 3 months wow is pretty good. i have a level 30 warrior and level 21 mage. Mage is on a pvp server, while the warrior is on a pve server. Pretty good, **** shame that the low-level pvp is a gear based twinkfest, much unlike DAoC, for the worst. PvE def. isn't as grindy as CoH.

I'm probably quitting when WAR comes out.

Posted by Poco

Quoting Speedfreak:

People suggest PVP, but I might aswell just play a REAL PVP game like Team Fortress 2 that doesn't require me to grind for gear.

ACHIEVEMENTS.

Seriously, gaben is fat.

Posted by Stalolin

poco did you mention that i love you enough to run you through things

you didn't did you

Posted by Poco

oh im sorry. stalolin helps me out alot by runnin me thru stuff.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Took you 3 months to reach 30? Maaaaan you suck, you should be ashamed to call yourself a high-functioning aspie hardcore PC gamer.

Posted by Poco

Quoting The X: Took you 3 months to reach 30? Maaaaan you suck, you should be ashamed to call yourself a high-functioning aspie hardcore PC gamer.

yo, i don't play it obsessively, i just play it when i got time to kill.

Why would I play WoW, which is just an ok game when I have great stuff like TF2, Baldur's Gate 2, and Fallout 2?