video game influenced bands/musicians

Posted by nintendope

i've noticed alot of these bands coming around lately. Two that top my list are Horse The Band and Powerglove!! i'm assuming a good amount of you have heard of them and if you havent get on myspace and give em a search.. great stuff!!

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm not a fan of Horse the Band, but Powerglove certainly rules. Have you checked out The Black Mages, Megadriver, Machinae Supremacy, Stemage, Estradasphere or Desert Planet?

There's also a lot of great bitpop out there, including Bit Shifter, Anamanaguchi, Slagsm

Posted by nintendope

[QUOTE=Shin-Ra;849137]I'm not a fan of Horse the Band, but Powerglove certainly rules. Have you checked out The Black Mages, Megadriver, Machinae Supremacy, Stemage, Estradasphere or Desert Planet?

There's also a lot of great bitpop out there, including Bit Shifter, Anamanaguchi, Slagsm

Posted by Dexter

YMCK is another one worth checking out.

Posted by Omni

I like Beck, and he uses video game sounds in a lot of his songs.

Posted by Linkman

Yeah, definitely check out Machinae Supremacy, especially if you like Powerglove. A lot of their music is offered up for free on their site: http://www.machinaesupremacy.com/compilations.php

Posted by Inferno

Machinae Supremacy is awesome if you want catchy video game metal. I absolutely love some of the tracks they have created. If you haven't played Jets 'n Guns and you like side scrolling space shooters, do yourself a favor and grab that game. They did the soundtrack specifically for it and it totally fits the action. Fantastic music for a fantastic game.

Posted by Shevanel

yeah masu are pretty rad.

Hence there are a few diehard fans here after I turned them all on to the band yeah thanks guys.

Posted by Omni

I don't like the vocals in MaSu.

Posted by Slade

Me neither. I've been meaning to grab their instrumental stuff, though.

Stuff that hasn't been mentioned... Rugar, an 8-bit artist who made up an album based on a video game in his head. And ****, I wish I knew the names of these 8-bit artists who do awesome remakes of TMNT themes and stuff.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

masu ****ing blows. Another instance of great music being ruined by ****ty vocals.

Oh, and Megadriver is one of the best video game influenced bands out there.

Posted by G-Sides

psychic attack of the psyduck is good chill electronica. :)

Posted by Shevanel

People who object to Masu's vocals and like black metal are hypocrites

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Or the masu vocalist has an odd, unpleasant whiny tone to his voice.

Posted by Slade

Yeah... I can love listening to someone literally choking and vomiting over guitars and everything, but I have an extreme aversion to anything that sounds "whiny." And he just has an annoying way of singing. But man, I used to listen to this Warcraft song they did all the time.

Quoted post: psychic attack of the psyduck is good chill electronica.

I CHECKED IT OUT AND IT IS CLEARLY TRIP HOP ACCEPT MY LABELS FOR WHAT THEY ARE

Posted by Inferno

I do have to agree that MaSu has pretty annoying vocals. The Jets 'n Guns soundtrack is all instrumental though and that's why I like it so much.

I could really go for like a chill lounge version of some good video game themes.