Snake is a pussy

Posted by Bebop

He is. After recently playing Chaos Theory I can say Sam Fisher craps all over Solid Snake.

Fisher's out there hiding in the dark and rain, with nothing more than spandex and a knife. He creeps around and sneaks up on enimes but sint afraid to pump some bullets into a guy.

What does Snake do? Hide in a box. What a pussy. The stealth in the Metal Gear series involves running past when a guards back is turned and hiding in a box. What a prick. With ,of the course, the excpetion of Snake Eater where you lie down in the grass as well as running past when a guards back is turned and hiding in a box. The Metal Gear games are more action based than stealth. I don't know why people classify it as a stealth game when most of the game consists of firing a gun. I don't know why it's even a game. Thos cutscenes are insanely long and frequent it's a movie.

Splinter Cell on the other hand, now that's stealth. Unlike that pussy Snake, you're thrown (literelly) to the borders of a complex you need to progress though. Snake on the other hand gets the easy life. That bast*rd parachutes right into the base. Ol Sam Fisher has to WALK. And pack his own lunch.

By the time Snake has had a meaningless, boring and long conversation with some random guy Fisher has already dispensed of numourous guards, terrosits, ciziallians AND a dog. Does he stop there? Hell no! Fisher licks the blood off and starts trekking though some sewage, air vents and then crawls thorugh some bear traps just for the sake of it. Snake? Pfft, prick. Gets a key card and walks though a door. Of course he does that after drinking a Halzenut Latte and cathing up with all the celeb gossip in his issue of Heat.

When Snake sees a guard, he sits him down, lays out a dinner and gets to know the guy over a pointless cut scene. What does Fisher do? Do I even need to say?

Guard: Hello. My name is Dave and I--
*Fisher breaks neck*

Fisher doesnt hang about. He likes the look of necks and he likes the sound of necks. Snake either want to becomes friends or collect their dog tags. Fisher doesnt give a crap about dog tags. He's rather rape them. Out of spite (but only if he has enough time). He knows he has a time limit to get the hostages out of whatever so he does it. All in time for an epsiode of Family Guy (becuase he has a sense of humour). Snake likes to p*ss around. Looking at posters and shooting watermelons.

Snake has to rely on everyone.
Snake:"Hey Otocon, do something for me while I take a dump."
Snake:"Hey Colonol, make me a sandwich. I'm hungry"

He even rings that Chinese chick up to save. Even than grabs some ancient proverbs before wetting himself. Fisher doesnt need saves. He's not a pussy. Fisher doesnt need anyone. Theres that black guy on the other end but Fisher doesnt give a rats arse about him. He does it himself. If Snake wants to get through a door he runs around waiting for that geek, Otocon to drop him a key card. Fisher hacks the keypad. Or headbutts down the door.

Snake is a pussy. His games aren't as stealth orientated as IGN or Big Boss (:p) like to think. Fisher deserves more praise. He's doing stealth. He's doing it real good. If these 2 were kinghts of the round table, Fisher would be "Sir Kicksarsealot" while ol Snake charmer will be "Sir Criesalot".

Fisher>Snake. End of.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, but...

Splinter Cell is fucking boring =O
Metal Gear has a nice-ish story at least! I only play SC for multiplayer anyway :cool:

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Speedfreak: Yeah, but...

Splinter Cell is fucking boring =O
Metal Gear has a nice-ish story at least! I only play SC for multiplayer anyway :cool:

If I comapre the games I prefer SC's stealth but Metal Gear's action and boss battles.

In terms of stories, at least SC is realistc and topical. Metal Gear verges on stupid sometimes. (Clone living through an arm anyone?)

Posted by Speedfreak

Well...

Jo Dark rapes both of them. Stealth!? To hell with that, I'll bitchslap any guard in my way!

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Speedfreak: Well...

Jo Dark rapes both of them. Stealth!? To hell with that, I'll bitchslap any guard in my way!

I already explained that Fisher was more than capable of rape so Jo Darj would be screwed. Especially in the dark.

But if you'r going to be like that than Jo Dark is no match for Optimus Prime. OMG GOKU COULD BEAT OPTIMUS PRIME! OMG BEBOP BEAT GOKUUKU!!!!!111!!OL OL MOMgmg lo

Posted by Bebop

Perhpas in close combat, Snakes stronger point but Fisher is the master of stealth whearas Snake is a mere rookie. Sure, Snake can backflip off of missile and destory helicopters before hitting the ground (Twin Snakes:GC) but Fisher could sneak up on the guy and slit his throat before you could say "Budha has a small Johnson"

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Here-here, Speedfreak. Why sneak around when you can rush in and start breaking things? Stealth is, indeed, for pussies. The guard is going to pull the alarm switch? Let him! It'll allow me to clean out the whole base by just waiting for every hired goon in the place to come to me.

Posted by Speedfreak

I can sort of understand stealth in some situations, being vastly outnumbered, for example, where brute force would result in a quick death. But there's nothing stealth can solve that legging it can't :D

Prime example being attaining any of the cheats in Goldeneye 007 or Perfect Dark:p

Posted by Darth Vader

NOOOOO!!!

Snakes aren't cats, you silly goose

Besides which, have you ever played the original Metal Gear for the NES, AWESOME game, Solid Snake kicks butt in it. He saves people, and even blows up the master computer.

Posted by Slade

At least Snake has a *FABULOUS* fashion sense(a la alligator cap)... Spandex was so 80's anyways.

I prefer MGS's awesome cut-scenes(I think they're awesome- the stunts Snake pulls...*jaw hits floor*) to those little talks Sammy has with that black guy. Plus, MGS 3 has found the perfect blend of realism and unbelievable fantasy. When everything is normal and sane... and then BAM a guy pops his limbs out of their sockets to climb trees like a friggin monkey... THAT'S freaky. That kind of gameplay grabs me and doesn't let go.

Splinter Cell... eh, a little too boring.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]But you see, unlike Fisher, Snake actually gets pussy. Therefore he is not a pussy, Fisher is. Argument over, i win.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

When has Snake ever got with a lady? Listen to Fisher's voice. That's enough to get a girl. Anyway, I heard Snake likes boys.

Posted by Big Boss

[font=trebuchet ms][color=yellowgreen]Bebop, you silly kid, when will you and your brother ever be right? Play MGS3 to see first hand how Snake got with a lady. Um... better yet... play any other MGS, where it's implied. Maybe you guys could learn a thing or two from judging games after actually playing them. I know, it is an abstract concept, but give it a try.

Snake got Olga and Meryl, and in MGS3 Snake got the hottest video game character in history, EVA, after she kept throwing herself at him. He has come face to face with giant bipedal nuclear weapons, and remained undefeated. He has beaten enemies with supernatural powers, among them telepathy, telekinesis, superhuman strength, speed, and agility. He's beaten the dead, people that can discharge thousands of volts from their bodies, a shaman wielding an F16 machine gun with his bare hands, and an M1 tank (to name a few). He also got the balls to kill his own father and brother when they decided to bother his afternoon. How does that not make him the manliest, most badass man in gaming? Show me a r

Posted by Prince Shondronai

No matter how much of a wuss he is, no one with a McGyver haircut could be gay, Bebop.

Posted by Speedfreak

[QUOTE=Big Boss][font=trebuchet ms][color=yellowgreen]Show me a r

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=Big Boss][font=trebuchet ms][color=yellowgreen]Bebop, you silly kid, when will you and your brother ever be right? Play MGS3 to see first hand how Snake got with a lady. Um... better yet... play any other MGS, where it's implied. Maybe you guys could learn a thing or two from judging games after actually playing them. I know, it is an abstract concept, but give it a try.

Snake got Olga and Meryl, and in MGS3 Snake got the hottest video game character in history, EVA, after she kept throwing herself at him. He has come face to face with giant bipedal nuclear weapons, and remained undefeated. He has beaten enemies with supernatural powers, among them telepathy, telekinesis, superhuman strength, speed, and agility. He's beaten the dead, people that can discharge thousands of volts from their bodies, a shaman wielding an F16 machine gun with his bare hands, and an M1 tank (to name a few). He also got the balls to kill his own father and brother when they decided to bother his afternoon. How does that not make him the manliest, most badass man in gaming? Show me a r

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Speedfreak: James Fucking Bond.

If we're talking about characters that were created outside the video game world, but were made into a video game, I can think of a billion.

Posted by Speedfreak

Hm, okay, gimme a minute.

Oh! *points to avatar*

Posted by Bebop

Sam Fisher gets buckets of chicks anyway.

Posted by Speedfreak

Wait, since when is discussing your feelings over 3 hour codec calls like a schoolgirl in any way manly? There's no merit in winning a woman over with sensitivity, any guy could do that!

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Speedfreak: Wait, since when is discussing your feelings over 3 hour codec calls like a schoolgirl in any way manly? There's no merit in winning a woman over with sensitivity, any guy could do that!

Crono can wield magic and gain powers as he levels up. Snake is just a guy fighting the supernatural, AND he gets laid.

And like I said before, play the games. Snake doesn't go out of his way to call other people about his feelings. People call him, and he just responds. Plus, any woman will tell you a real man isn't afraid to show his feelings. :)

Posted by Speedfreak

...my avatar isn't Crono, it's the same character as in my sig. Go play more RPGs.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Bebop: He doesnt ge laid. Everytime a cute face emerges he starts blubbering like a dumbarse. And that crap about real men expressing their feelings? Chicks only say that to pussies to make them feel better.

I heard Snake is in a choir.

Oh, Bebop, silly, so misinformed of the opposite sex.

Posted by Scorpion

[quote=Bebop]Fisher could sneak up on the guy and slit his throat before you could say "Budha has a small Johnson"

:)

[quote=bebop]Snake on the other hand gets the easy life. That bast*rd parachutes right into the base. Ol Sam Fisher has to WALK. And pack his own lunch.

[color=lime]Except, after he parachutes he loses his pack, has to go get it, then go throught the jungle where there are deadly animals and traps. Then for food he has to kill animals, some that can potentially kill him.[/color]

[quote=bebop]That's another peice of evidence that Fisher is better than Snake. A blond with some double D's enters the room and Snakes delaying the mission, putting lives at risk.

[color=lime]Except for that fact that he gets "it" on after the mission is complete and everyone is safe.[/color]

[color=#6296d6][quote=bebop]Sam Fisher gets buckets of chicks anyway.

Looks at previous quote.;)
[/color]

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Why is this argument still going on? Was it not proven already by those of us who've actually played most Metal Gear games that Snake is in fact not a pussy?[/COLOR]

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting boomstick]Oh, Bebop, silly, so misinformed of the opposite sex.

I figured it was him, since he has red hair and the artwork is similar to that of Akira Toriyama's. Unless he's from Dragon Warrior, but I've never played the series for one reason or another...

And I've been playing RPGs before you were born. :)

Paul: They will continue, though. Whenever they are proven wrong, which is always, they end up saying it's a joke. It's routine, now. :)

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Speedfreak: SENSE OF HUMOUR ALERT.

SENSE OF HUMOR ALERT, I was obviously joking at Bebop's quote, for someone who dishes out alot of humor, I'd think it'd be obvious, to you, to identify humor.

Posted by buddha

Quoting Bebop: Perhpas in close combat, Snakes stronger point but Fisher is the master of stealth whearas Snake is a mere rookie. Sure, Snake can backflip off of missile and destory helicopters before hitting the ground (Twin Snakes:GC) but Fisher could sneak up on the guy and slit his throat before you could say "Budha has a small Johnson"

You couldn't even spell buddha properly you dumb sh*t.

Posted by DeViaNt

All that typing just to say that Sam Fisher is better than Solid Snake? Geez, everyone has an opinion... but to write a book about it... come on now, theyre both fictional characters.

Anyhow, I like them both in different ways. After beating Chaos Theory i do have to say that was a hell of a good game, and i like Fishers sneaking tactics over Snake's. But i still like Snake over Fisher. Its close though...

Posted by Darth Vader

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]Why is this argument still going on? Was it not proven already by those of us who've actually played most Metal Gear games that Snake is in fact not a pussy?[/COLOR]

Thank you! See, at least someone here knows the difference between snakes and cats, and that snake is cooler! As for Fish.... well I eat fish for supper, and that Sam Fisher doesn't sound that great in my book, although I guess I should try and play one of his games.