Batman: Gotham Knight

Posted by Proto Man

I am really looking forward to this one. It's an animated tie-in between Batman begins and the new movie The Dark Knight. So it's kinda like the Animatrix, as it will have 6 different stories, each done by a different japanese animation team and director. The best part? IT STARS KEVIN CONROY! The collection is rated PG-13 for the stylized violence, like the other latest DCAU movies. It comes out July 8th.

I personally would have been disapointed if they hadn't asked Conroy to reprise his roll. I mean he's been THE voice of Batman for so long. I will be interested to see the different styles of animation though. I really liked what was done with the Animatrix, so I might even try to pre-order this one.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I'm just looking forward to it, somewhat due to the fact that Bruce Timm and Kevin Conroy are on board-

aswell as David Goyer and Greg Rucka.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Better have Mark Hamill.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Don't think I've even noticed his name among any of the casting credits. Not even for a cameo or a reprisal of The Joker.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Better have Mark Hamill.

Hate to break it to you, but the Joker is not in this one. = \

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I liked it better when it was called the Anima- KEVIN CONROY?!

All hail.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=The X;848972]I liked it better when it was called the Anima- KEVIN CONROY?!

All hail.

The BatManime?

Posted by Dexter

It has Scarecrow. I like it. Though they should bring back The Phantasm.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Better have Mark Hamill.

I wish people would stop saying this.

I can't wait for this but a few of the clips seem to involve supernatural elements which is a contradiction of Nolans style.

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Bebop: I wish people would stop saying this.

Well, your wish will most likely never come true, to most his performance in TAS is considered one of the most definitive Jokers.

Quoting Dexter: It has Scarecrow. I like it. Though they should bring back The Phantasm.

This isn't set within the main DCAU or anything. It's being marketed as in between Begins and The Dark Knight, but from what I've read Timm and crew aren't really working on it with that mentality. They just got the chance to do it and play with the character some

Posted by jamescomehere

maybe you are right. lol.

Posted by Tyler Durden

^b& get^

HI JAMES!

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Old_Snake: Well, your wish will most likely never come true, to most his performance in TAS is considered one of the most definitive Jokers.

What a delightfully ORIGINAL observation.

Hamil is gone. He's no longer the Joker. Ledger proved theres life for the clown prince of crime after Star Wars. Accept it! Let the healing begin.

Posted by Old_Snake

Quoting Bebop: What a delightfully ORIGINAL observation.

Hamil is gone. He's no longer the Joker. Ledger proved theres life for the clown prince of crime after Star Wars. Accept it! Let the healing begin.

What a delightfully POINTLESS way of rebuttal, but what else is one to expect from you.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Hamil captured the classic essence of Joker (but only by voice and phrase), Ledger merely re-invented the character's embodiment and actions for modern day fans; both old schoolers and newbies alike.

Posted by Old_Snake

Hamil did something with the Joker that hadn't been done before. He actually made the Joker funny and sinister and just transition into both very easy. Much like the incarnation at the time.

Up until that point the Joker had been only played as a funny man, Nicholson tried to put a sinister twist in parts, but it just came off as the usual Nicholson stuff.

I won't comment fully on Ledger's performance until I see it in its fullest, but it seems it's going to end up more in the vain of the original concept of the Joker.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Nicholson's ego and PR were too big for it to even come to par with what you'd expect the Joker to be. I just couldn't see past his public image.