Animal Crossing: I just got a glitch-present in the mail

Posted by Kopaka

This morning I checked my mail, and I got a letter from Bob (my best friend) and Sven. I have no idea who the hell Sven is, and he's not even in my town... weired. So I opened it, and it said something like this:

"I have encountered many unknown," (blah, blah) It was just of those letters that villagers show you sometimes.

It had a present attached to it. I grabbed it, put it in my inventory, and I pressed A. Nothing happened except for the cancel sound effect. Same thing happened when I pressed L. That was really odd.

I couldn't get rid of it. I couldn't move it from one block in my inventory to another.

It was getting really annoying until I started a new town, and had to reset over there, getting rid of it. When I got back to my town, I noticed that my best friend, Bob, was gone...

I'm ****ed off at this Sven guy. But man, that was weird. Anyone else had this happen to them?

EDIT: Jesse's pranks are bloody annoying.

Posted by G-Sides

When I played AC, I used to get random letters from, like, "Twitch" or something even though nobody named Twitch lived in my town. There were always KK Songs attached to his letters.

Posted by Litbut

Weird. Nothing bad ever really happens to me other than when a favorite friend moves.

Posted by Captain Flint

Sven's a blue goat thing. He lived in my town once.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've never had anything like this happen, fortunately. That's too bad that Bob left you. He's my favourite, as well.

Posted by Baconbitzz00

Nothing bad has ever happened to me either(your game disk might of gotten scratched or something). But my best friend stole Scoot.

Posted by Tails

I managed to get my hands on the three legends... Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda, and Ice Climber. Something's odd about them... there not in my catilog! Not even labled "Not For Sale". I can have it in my pocket at the time and still nothing. Also, once, my buddy Filbert sent me a letter and there was a Bass (as in the fish) in it. How did that happen?

Also, let me answer the question of how you got letters from other animals that aren't in town: Animal Crossing cards. They have passwords on them. You write the password to an animal in your town and you end up with a letter back from the animal that was on the card you got the code from. Or if you scanned the card via the E-Reader, you will also have a letter back from the chareter on the card. If you don't have any Animal Crossing cards, then I'm stumped.

Posted by ShadowMario

When i played i set my clock to its max date then went to my house and my furni was invisible.I went to where my couch was, and my character sat down on air!

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Tails: I managed to get my hands on the three legends... Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda, and Ice Climber. Something's odd about them... there not in my catilog! Not even labled "Not For Sale". I can have it in my pocket at the time and still nothing. Also, once, my buddy Filbert sent me a letter and there was a Bass (as in the fish) in it. How did that happen?

Did you ever used Action Replay / GameShark on your save file?

Posted by Dark Vader 1.4

Tis w00tie thes glitches.

Posted by sonic hedgehog

"if the answer is yes you are a moron"

Posted by Tails

No, my friend gave them to me as a X-mas present. I think he had those things, the Action Replay or whatever.

Posted by sonic hedgehog

well that would explane alot