Wii Fit Calls Little Girl "Fat"

Posted by Alastor

[quote]According to the Daily Mail (duly credited), the offending Wii Fit balance board, based somewhere in the South East of England, horrified the family of a 10 year old girl who

Posted by mis0

Simply outrage? I won't be surprised if some stupid teenager decides to choke down a fistfull of pills in a suicide attempt after their game console makes fun of them.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote][COLOR=orange][FONT=Verdana] obesity experts[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=orange][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Silver]What's the qualification to become one? Eat a ****ing load of cake?[/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

*** bless the Daily Mail. Always a shining example of poor journalism.

Posted by Speedfreak

BMI only breaks down if you're a body builder, it's fine for the average person. 6 stone for a 10 year old is overweight

Posted by WillisGreeny

So, all Nintendo needs to do to stop the crisis is add a line of text saying "The BMI measurments might be inaccurate for children going through adolescense", but that shouldn't matter if the girl is actually fat. Wii fit isn't meant for people who want to stay in denial of their weight problems; or in this case, parents who don't want their kids to know they're fat from a machine. How, exactly, is this girl being embarrassed? The father writing all the letters is probably causing more damage than the Wii ever could. Obviously, the little/fat girl's father is Kyle's mom from South Park.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Six stone on a 4'9" is actually pretty chubby, if I'm not mistaken. Plus, the balance board can give ****ed up readings if it isn't calibrated correctly. Which sounds like something this family would do.

Posted by Red

****ing stupid. This is why I hate society.

Posted by Iris

If the game called her "solidly built" then she probably wouldn't even consider losing all of her chub. Way 2 parent.

Posted by Red

why should being called "overweight" be considered a bad thing anyway? it's basically stating that there's an average weight, and you've gone over it. face the facts, it's your fault not Nintendo's.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;848566]Six stone on a 4'9" is actually pretty chubby, if I'm not mistaken. Plus, the balance board can give ****ed up readings if it isn't calibrated correctly. Which sounds like something this family would do.

They do read the Daily Mail.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: why should being called "overweight" be considered a bad thing anyway? it's basically stating that there's an average weight, and you've gone over it. face the facts, it's your fault not Nintendo's.

Except in the reported cases the little girls are incredibly fit and the furthest thing from overweight.

and since when has being called overweight a good thing?

Posted by Ziggy R

Ever since they are harder to move, ergo making it dificult to kidnap >.> not like I have, not speaking from personal experience here. Just a hypothosis...

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;849836]Except in the reported cases the little girls are incredibly fit and the furthest thing from overweight.

and since when has being called overweight a good thing?

They're calling for a complete ban of the game based on their experience, take what they say with a pinch of salt, yeah?

Quoted post: Ever since they are harder to move, ergo making it dificult to kidnap >.> not like I have, not speaking from personal experience here. Just a hypothosis...

fat kids can't run, nor have the energy to keep a struggle up. Therefore, easier to kidnap. Plus, easier to entice with candy.

Posted by #061402

"Oh noes, a game called me fat. My life as I know it is over."

Nintendo probably used Japanese body builds anyway. I don't think I've ever seen a fat Jap. (Sumo's not included) But they should go be butthurt someplace else.

Posted by Speedfreak

Im not sure that it matters, their shorter height would bring down the BMI anyway. It's not like they're tall and skinny and we're short and fat, we're just bigger all over so the average (healthy) european and japanese would have a similar BMI.

americans are short and fat. But that's beside the point. Because little girls that are short and super thin are apparently fat to wii fit, so yeah. It just automatically calls you fat if you live in america.

Posted by #061402

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: americans are short and fat. But that's beside the point. Because little girls that are short and super thin are apparently fat to wii fit, so yeah. It just automatically calls you fat if you live in america.

Didn't the little chick live in England, though?

You know what, buddy? Shut up.

Posted by Speedfreak

Thanks to America Brits are getting pretty obese too.

G[COLOR="White"]oddam[/COLOR]n Americans making the world fat...

Posted by Alastor

It's so the terrorists will become too fat and lazy to board our planes in the first place.