HEY IM BACK (for now)

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, so comcast decided to **** me by saying that I owed them like $500 for back bills, which is bs. I'm currently iun the process oif fighting that, but in the meantime, theyve decided that LOL no internet for me. so im back to posting from a group computer, whiuch sucks, hence not being online.

anyway, chances are ill probably be moving to new york some time soon, to a spot a bit north of albany (looking at about a 95% chance here, so its pretty certain). So, any advice on how to deal with the demon magic that is snow? Ive no **** never even seen the stuff, and now ill be moving to new york at the end of august, right in time for winter.

oh, and if you dont suck and live in ny i might do you the favor of showing up at your house, insulting you, then leaving.

Posted by Linko_16

****, everyone I know is suddenly grouping in either New York or Texas. How bizarre.

A desert rogue like me can't give you any advice regarding snow, but New York is cold and windy more or less year-round from what I hear, so invest in a few good jackets and other warm layers. You'll need them for more than just winter.

I SURE HOPED REPEATING COMMON KNOWLEDGE IS HELPFUL.

Posted by Shade

Buy a Columbia/North Face polar fleece jacket. It will be your new best friend.

Posted by junior senior

albany is only 2 hours away from me, the adirondack region (where albany is) is really affected with snow. move central.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Celebrating your internet by getting drunk, HUH BUDDY?

Posted by Lord of Spam

1)stone sober, flat broke. ****. you.
2)i pray to *** that i never have to meet js

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Lord of Spam;850946]1)stone sober, flat broke. ****. you.
2)i pray to *** that i never have to meet js

if you do meet her

please crush her fingers

Posted by WillisGreeny

Snow Tip: Don't wait for it all to fall down before shoveling, and don't spread salt over ice when it's below zero.

Posted by Shevanel

Hey there, my oft-abbreviated e-buddy.

The 'e' is for 'estranged'.

Posted by Shevanel

why are you reading this

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

hey, albany. Figures you pick a place in new york almost as far away from the canadian border as possible.

though snow is hecka easy to deal with. you just need to learn how to drive in it and you\re good to go!

Posted by WillisGreeny

It's funny to see people drive in snow for the first time, but even more funny to see people driving badly when it isn't. "why can't I stop on the wet slippery snow just as easily as if it were ideal road conditions? hmmm". Tailgating isn't the brightest thing to do, obviously, yet many adults still fail by doing it every winter. :horse:

Posted by Slade

This winter it snowed a couple feet more than usual, and was generally much colder and icier than people were used to for this area but I didn't see a single accident. Then on the hottest day of the year so far, the guy next to me got rear-ended when he stopped for a crosswalk. wtf

So apparently hot sunny days are more distracting than snow and ice on the roads.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, it's always nice to see someone who's lived in Canada all their life still somehow get stuck in a pile of snow, or slip into a ditch or something. It's like, **** dude, just go slow. drrr

Posted by Lord of Spam

i dont know how to go slow.:( ask mis0, he knows the curse:(

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

you're ****ed. I slid off the road twice when I first moved up here. It turns out you DO need actual GOOD, NOT BALD tires up here. WHo'd have thought?

Posted by mis0

Quoting Lord of Spam: i dont know how to go slow.:( ask mis0, she knows the curse:(

Fast = fun!!

I don't know too much about snow, because we don't get it out here that often (New Mexico). But, I've had experience driving in two feet of the stuff with a car with no ABS, no TCS, etc, and regular road tires with no problems. It's just a matter of driving gently. Up there, in more snow and with more ice, obviously winter tires and other winter equipment are considerations, but the best thing to do is just not be a *******.