ive been having......

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

ive been having some problems wit my laptop. every few days i have to fix the boot sector just to have to boot up to windows xp pro. ive scanned for viruses but havent found nothing. ive even checked for bad sectors on my hard drive, and i still havent found nothing. im hoping its not some deeper issue with my machine, it is out of warranty so im hoping its not much. if anybody has some suggestions or or has any hunches as to what my problem is please let me know and reply......thanx for viewing

Posted by Proto Man

Well it sounds like something is corrupted. If you want, you could always try re-installing windows if you don't have anything TOO important on it.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

you know what that might be a good idea. i have avg antivirus and im starting to not trust it much. i think im gonna download pc cillin for free and see if that helps. any one here have avg and if so what do you think about it????

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting S0LID 5NAKE: you know what that might be a good idea. i have avg antivirus and im starting to not trust it much. i think im gonna download pc cillin for free and see if that helps. any one here have avg and if so what do you think about it????

I have the latest AVG (8.0), and like it pretty good myself. I haven't had any problems or viruses. Then again, I am pretty careful of where I click.