Montel Williams: Cancelled

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote]CBS TV Distribution terminated The Montel Williams Show when key Fox-owned stations chose not to renew it for the 2008-2009 season. This followed an appearance on the show Fox & Friends in which he criticized the media's lack of coverage on the Iraq War, and took the hosts to task for their (and the media in general) excessive coverage of the death of actor Heath Ledger, contrasted with the sparse coverage of the US Soldiers dying in Iraq.
On May 16 2008 will air the last Montel Williams show.

Bummer.. Don King said it best- "*** ****, only in America".

Now, only 500 more talk shows to be dropped and television might seem worth watching again.

Posted by Iris

It was a high quality show too, just like Maury and Jerry Springer! What a shame.

Posted by Ant

I thought Montel was already canceled. oh well

Posted by Slade

so they take out my black brother first? this means race war

I'm with ant ->. I thought his show stopped running sometime last year.

Posted by junior senior

my moms cousin was on the montel williams show lol
but all the <3 goes to maury

Posted by WillisGreeny

May 16th? That's today!

So, a military vetran complains about there not being enough media coverage of soliders dying in Iraq, and Fox responds by canceling his program. Hurray for Montel; for biting the evil hand that fed him.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

It's because fox news channel covers 70% of the garbage hype stuff out there. I got so sick of hearing about Anna Nichole Smith, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, and Heath Ledger (and I was watching CNN, I can't IMAGINE how much fox fellated those stories). There's a WAR going on, a RECESSION, a REVOLUTION in Lebanon, SOCCER is being played EVERYWHERE, and they're wasting time on this crap that nobody but trailer park trash cares about. In a full-blown move that undermines their target audience, fox cancels Montel, a talk-show geared towards trailer park trash (like all of them). Wow.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=JuNiOr SeNiOr;847277]my moms cousin was on the montel williams show lol
but all the <3 goes to maury

My sister's friend's Mom and Sister where on Ricki Lake.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Crazy K;847319]My sister's friend's Mom and Sister where on Ricki Lake.
And they win the White Trash Award. Seriously... Ricki Lake is more white trash than Springer.

Posted by Fate

I watched Montel. His show was one of the least trashy talk shows on television. I honestly don't know why people would cheer the ending of the show, considering Jerry Springer and Maury are still on the air.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I watched the final show-

for about 2 minutes.
A teary eyed Montel was about all I could take..

So I popped 'The Princess Bride' into the dvd player.

Posted by nintendope

i lost faith in tv years ago.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I remember watching it a couple times when it was fairly interesting. But whenever I flipped through the info stuff on my TV it always seemed to've come up as "PREGNANCY RESULTS SHOW" for the past couple years. So cancellation makes sense.

Posted by Fate

Don't confuse Montel with Maury. Montel didn't really go in that direction too much.

Nah, it was montel.

or maybe it wasn't...